The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Valerie Charles Cartmell  I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Valerie Charles Cartmell  I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Valerie Charles Cartmell  I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Valerie Charles Cartmell  I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Valerie Charles Cartmell  I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Valerie Charles Cartmell  I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Valerie Charles Cartmell  I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Valerie Charles Cartmell  I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Valerie Charles Cartmell  I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
Valerie Charles Cartmell  I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Valerie Charles Cartmell  I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Valerie Charles Cartmell  I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
SicilianDragon
Valerie Charles Cartmell  I_vote_lcapValerie Charles Cartmell  I_voting_barValerie Charles Cartmell  I_vote_rcap 
Vorik
Valerie Charles Cartmell  I_vote_lcapValerie Charles Cartmell  I_voting_barValerie Charles Cartmell  I_vote_rcap 
Cynical_Aspie
Tybrid

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Valerie Charles Cartmell

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Valerie Charles Cartmell  Empty Valerie Charles Cartmell

Post by Incendiary December 25th 2014, 6:53 pm

Valerie
For freedom and honour

Basic Biography

Renegade/Hero/Villain Name:  Blink
Title: The Light for the Forgotten
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Race: Meta-human
Hair: Ginger
Eyes: Light blue
Height: 5'4
Weight: 116lbs
Blood type: O-

The Looks

Physical appearance :
Super Hero Appearance :

The Legacy

Personality:
Valerie or Val as she is called by her close friends is a confident, yet cautious individual. She will usually help out anyone even if it causes her inconvenience. She is dogmatically loyal to her friends, who  she sees as brothers or sisters. Val would never willingly abandon anyone who she considers to be family. She's a rule breaker, a rebel though personally she sees herself as a light for the oppressed, a beacon of hope in a society where in her eyes the rich dominate whilst those of the poorer classes are forced to fight each other for every scrap.

She believes firmly in quite a few different revolutionary ideals, equality for all, freedom, harsher taxes against the rich to name a few. Valerie despises those with wealth as they never have to go without, they can look down on those they deem to be worthless  and not lift a finger. She has a deep and bitter hatred for the so called Upper classes, this generally extends to even those who try to help people who aren't as well off as they are.

Val is a woman of her word, her word is literally a bond for her, if she makes a promise she will keep it. Same if she owes someone a debt she will find a way to pay it back, no matter how long it takes. She is quite a proud person, very clever. An intellectual really, Valerie believes that it is possible to make the world a better place for all, especially for those who have precious little.

History:
Born on December 29th 2001 in England to proud parents Marie and Fred. She doesn't go into much detail about her family life, but they were well off, there was never a shortage of food and there may have been money to burn. Life was pretty normal, till she found out she happened to be a Meta-human by the age of fifteen by pure accident, when fortuitously alone in the house. Unwilling to tell anyone as to what she was, or who she was, Val kept it secret.

She trusted her parents, however she just did not want to freak them out. Especially considering they were moving to the USA as part of some business venture of her father's creation. At the time Valerie didn't care, she wanted to stay in the country she was born into and besides all of her friends were there. Of course, despite her objections they moved regardless to the USA. There, things kinda fell apart. Fred's business ventures fell apart and shortly after that Marie became drastically ill. In an attempt to save his beloved wife Fred pumped every scrap of the family's savings into her medical care, only the best.

Yet sometimes, despite your best efforts to save the one you love... You fail, Marie died after only a year in the United States. Her death struck the family pretty hard. Valerie closed herself off from the world, never being one to reveal her pain to the world, meanwhile her father could not stand the loss so he committed suicide. An act in Valerie's eyes she sees as an abandonment of herself, yet on the other hand she believes that maybe closing herself off from her father resulted in this, perhaps she abandoned him.
With no money left in the family name and lawyers and loan sharks banging on the door for money, the family house had to be sold and Val... She moved in with the only family that she had left, her Aunt Sally.

Now, Sally was a nice person, she tried her best to care for her niece. She just did not have much money, working two jobs just to make ends meet. More often than not, bills went unpaid even without the help of Valerie who took up a part time job working in some store for the elite. It was here, that she began to despise those who had everything. After seeing poverty and strife for herself living in her Aunt's dingy apartment in a rough neighbourhood, she couldn't help but be affected by the plight of those around her.

When she could, Valerie studied reading many books on history but also political books  particularly those penned by revolutionists such as Lenin and Trotsky. All the while she practice her meta-human abilities in secret, hiding them from new friends and her Aunt. Unfortunately, all secrets are discovered sooner or later...
When Sally caught Val practising her abilities, she was far from pleased.  Furious, filled with an anger that Valerie failed to understand the cause for she threw her out the house, declaring her a freak, an abomination, a sick product of evolution. So at eighteen, Valerie considered herself to be an orphan tossed on into the grim streets of New York to meet whatever fate came her way.

This would have been the end for someone who didn't have Valerie's drive, she managed to survived the anarchic streets, using her powers to keep herself safe and generally fed. Eventually, she ran into one of the minor gangs and join as a honorary member after saving one of their boys in a one sided fight with a more powerful rival. She isn't a criminal, not in her eyes, a hero, a revolutionary, fighting injustice, robbing from the rich and giving to the poor.

Val and a few friends managed to survive the chaos in New York following the assault on it. In the aftermath, there happened to be much worth looting in the ruins, plenty too eat as well. Slowly, this time of plenty died as the city recovered, her gang perished as well leaving her with just a few close companions, sleeping out on the streets, in the parks or occasionally a house. The latter usually happened when they broke in to abandoned buildings or whilst someone was on holiday.

The Powers

Power 1:  Light Generation: Essentially Valerie can produce a flash of bright white light from her hands. It is similar in effect to a flash bang, short ranged and used to blind her enemies briefly. It doesn't effect her, however excessive usage of it leaves her exhausted. (3 points)

Power 2: Enhanced agility: Val is more agile than most humans.

Power 3: Enhanced flexible: Valerie is abnormally flexible than most humans.

Power 4: Thermal  Generation: Valerie can generate heat from her hands by focusing her mind. This can enable her to cut through chain-link fences, however she rarely uses the power as it drains her body heat and increases her metabolism rapidly. She can only use it once every few hours, if she uses it too much she will pass out. (6 points)

Grid
Intelligence: 6
Occult: 0
Strength: 3
Speed: 4
Durability: 3
Ability: 9 (Light Generation: 3, Thermal Generation: 6)
Fighting Skills: 5
Magic: 0
Spells: 0
Flight: 0
Wealth: 1
Incendiary
Incendiary

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2014-12-25

Back to top Go down

Valerie Charles Cartmell  Empty Re: Valerie Charles Cartmell

Post by Entei December 26th 2014, 6:29 am

Approved and moves.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Entei
Entei
Post Adept
Post Adept

Quote : Entei
Quick Draw

Warnings : Banned
Number of posts : 394
Registration date : 2014-07-13

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top