The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Valerie Cane  I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Valerie Cane  I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Valerie Cane  I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Valerie Cane  I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Valerie Cane  I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Valerie Cane  I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Valerie Cane  I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Valerie Cane  I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Valerie Cane  I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
Valerie Cane  I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Valerie Cane  I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Valerie Cane  I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Tybrid
Valerie Cane  I_vote_lcapValerie Cane  I_voting_barValerie Cane  I_vote_rcap 
SicilianDragon
Vorik
Cynical_Aspie

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Valerie Cane

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Valerie Cane  Empty Valerie Cane

Post by ErinVyce November 1st 2015, 2:32 pm

Valerie Cane
"Invoker, Summoner, or witch. Call me whatever but who's the real monster."

Basic Biography

Renegade Name: Invoker
Title: None
Alignment: Neutral
Race: Human
Hair: Dirty blonde done up with a small ponytail in the back.
Eyes: Before her pact sapphire blue, now they are empty sockets.
Height: 5’11”
Weight: 132
Blood type: O negative

The Looks

Picture:

The Legacy

Personality: Valerie the vain, she once was known. Several years have passed since she was as egocentric as she was in highschool, life changing years that stunted some of her arrogance. Her beauty use to be the only deciding factor for her till she began hearing about all of these superheroes and villains that were coming forth with new ways of acquiring special gifts. A group in her school was part of a wiccan order who praised and dabbled in the dark arts. At first she glimpse they seemed like any normal emo gothic group who just joked about spells, hexes and pacs with the devil. She is quite perceptive though even now that she has lost her sight to a demon who would grant her powers for a price. A narcissist himself he would feed upon her vanity like a fine quisine. As time has told though she has become a bit more open-minded but let's not joke she still judges people based on the way they sound. Generally she prefers to keep to herself primarily because they are disturbed by the fact that she is missing eyeballs in those two gaping sockets of hers. She isn’t an introvert but she is also less sociable than she once was. She is easily agitated though, particularly by annoying sounds and people who enjoy bringing up the topic of, ‘what happened to your eyes?’ It's a sore spot for her and she even found it in her ability to attempt getting revenge from the demon who stole them. She is unburdened by frivolity of laws and often goes about making her own way in life by having her minions pickpocket and hold up places as it doesn’t matter if they are caught or not.

History: Valerie was born into a rather mundane life style. A father, a mother and older sister who all enjoyed their time together. They had their differences as families do but for the most part they were your typical christian household. Her father was a businessman working in the big city, New York. Her mother was a nurse that volunteered her time in a nursing home. She was quite fond of the elderly and tried to share these beliefs with both of her young daughters. Emilia followed in mothers footsteps and became a doctor and moved out of the country to help those in Africa that really needed the medical practitioners and supplies. Valerie herself decided against both offers that her parents placed before her and became a high school drop out that was seeking to be a super model til she learned of a way to gain special abilities. A Wicca club at her high school offered a final option that she ultimately was enticed by. She had the beauty all she wanted now was the ability to manipulate others on a grander scale which made hexes and charms beautiful.

Her initiation wasn't a simple matter as they had ten trials to become a sister of the circle. The final being to invoke a contract with a demon. Her parents were quite concerned about her extracurricular activities particularly once they learned about the nature of the club. Being honest to goodness christian they obviously reported this to the authorities while they were performing the seance to open the portal for her initiation. Before she could complete it though the cops arrested them for vandalism of school property. After having bail placed she proceeded to avoid her parents at every turn angry that they would interrupt and get all of her friends in trouble. By the age of seventeen she ran away and hid in an old abandoned warehouse where she prepared all the material and the magic circuit to redo her initiation into the black arts. She had to have been gathering the various materials for at least a month: ten candles, frog eyes, root of the fern and liver of possum. The hardest part about all of it though was the chalk outlining of the magical circle. It was all worth it in her eyes though the dissection of the various critters and the shop lifting of the candles and this time her parents weren't going to interfere.

It was the most grueling activity she had ever done physically as the energy needed to cast such a creature demanded normally ten witches releasing a small portion of power. One barely would pull it off and be able to converse with the demon afterwards. Unfortunately that was just about what was going to happen.  Chanting out her ritual she would begin feeling the strain of her spiritual  energy be sucked out like a smoothie through a straw. She had all but passed out from the strain of summoning and she was stuck in a daze. The rest of it seemed like nothing worse that an acid trip.

The demon began to wander forward toward her and to be frank it seemed like a bad dream.  His name was Calcifer and he was a demon that was rather brutal in his contracts. Since it was nearly a dream like state she believed that he was joking when he said he would give her everyone she ever wanted and that price was the thing that she held most dear to be like by others. In a flash though she woke up, at least she thought she woke up. Everything had gone dark and their was little to feel. Their is that strange sensation when you keep trying to blink your eyes always hoping that you will be able to see and yet nothing happened.  From that day forward she had to live with the fact that she would never be able to brush her hair or do her own make up. The price one pays to be able to summon ones own friends.

The Powers and Weaknesses

Powers

Power 1: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Unlike most superheroes her abilities were nurtured and strengthened by her own spiritual power and complimented by the radioactivity about the warehouse. Due to these deciding factors and opening the dimension to another world, Calcifer took away her very sight, something she held most dear.  Suppose that is why he allowed her to make the demonic little puppets that she can. These summons are not living and hardly can react to human interactions except for herself. For some reason they follow her about like a dog chasing a bone happily wandering through life like a zombie. And their appearance is less than normal as they walk about like mere shadows of the creatures that they imitate and glowing red eyes that  beam like the hell-spawn they are conjured from. These creatures she has a mental link to offer suggestions but she doesn't fully control them so long as they are creatures. The human summons on the other hand can relay information and communicate for her.

Means of summoning, this is actually rather simple thanks to her contract with Calcifer. For all intents and purposes she is purely a beacon for the the demon who made the contract with her. He granted her easy access to an ability that many would have had trouble doing with her new condition. He gave her specific instructions. "Remember those creatures in your past whenever you need aid and they will come running to assist." It took a while for her to understand what he meant but eventually she wished that she could have a seeing eye dog and as she asked she received. A small demonic pup would now lead her  about attempting to keep her from going astray .

Summon InfoAmount Summoned
Tiny50
Small20
Medium8
Large1
Power 2:

Weakness(es)

Weakness 1: Beware The Beasts: All the creatures that are the size of medium and up can only be called to the fray if the case may be for a matter of minutes (3 posts). While they are strong they are easily destroyed by any attacks that are stronger than a human thrown punch (Tiny-Medium). The Large monster however she uses up the majority of her conserved magic to call it forth. Once summoned it works on its own and can't even be stopped by her. It will attack allies or foe alike barring herself. The creatures treats her less like a master and more a necessity and nothing more. It also hungers for meat and if it hasn't feasted once every two posts it will vanish.

Weakness 2: Conservation: Due to the immense power it takes to conjures these phantoms to this realm she is constantly straining herself every minute she is sustaining things larger then a dog especially those that are more fierce. She can only maintain these summons so long as they are within a ten meter radius to her and all of them are limited to physical attacks meaning they must be in close quarters for combat.

Weakness 3: Blind: She is even less fortunate then bats as they at least have a means of detecting obstacles with sonars. Especially since she once had her eye sight it made it that much harder for her to adapt as she can't read or write clearly any more and often asks for others to guide her.

RP Mechanics

RP Mechanic(s): Her being blind is both a blessing and a curse as she no longer is affected by affects to her sight but it also means she has to rely on her hearing more heavily.

Items/Minions

Physical Priority
Agility 1
Endurance 2
Reaction 3
Strength 4
ErinVyce
ErinVyce

Quote : "People walk through life like mindless drones, in many respects they are no different to my familiars. Do you weep when they die?"

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2015-10-31

Back to top Go down

Valerie Cane  Empty Re: Valerie Cane

Post by Atlas November 2nd 2015, 10:53 pm

Approved until stated otherwise
Atlas
Atlas
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top