The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Dream Giver [Revised and ready to be reviewed] I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Dream Giver [Revised and ready to be reviewed] I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Dream Giver [Revised and ready to be reviewed] I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Dream Giver [Revised and ready to be reviewed] I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Dream Giver [Revised and ready to be reviewed] I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Dream Giver [Revised and ready to be reviewed] I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Dream Giver [Revised and ready to be reviewed] I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Dream Giver [Revised and ready to be reviewed] I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Dream Giver [Revised and ready to be reviewed] I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
Dream Giver [Revised and ready to be reviewed] I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Dream Giver [Revised and ready to be reviewed] I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Dream Giver [Revised and ready to be reviewed] I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Cynical_Aspie
Dream Giver [Revised and ready to be reviewed] I_vote_lcapDream Giver [Revised and ready to be reviewed] I_voting_barDream Giver [Revised and ready to be reviewed] I_vote_rcap 
Tybrid
Dream Giver [Revised and ready to be reviewed] I_vote_lcapDream Giver [Revised and ready to be reviewed] I_voting_barDream Giver [Revised and ready to be reviewed] I_vote_rcap 
SicilianDragon
Vorik

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Dream Giver [Revised and ready to be reviewed]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dream Giver [Revised and ready to be reviewed] Empty Dream Giver [Revised and ready to be reviewed]

Post by Dream_Giver April 21st 2014, 11:47 pm

DREAM GIVER
"You always complain about a lack of sleep, yet you complain when I give it to you..."

Basic Biography

Renegade/Hero/Villain Name: Dream Giver
Title:
Alignment: Chaotic good.
Race: Metahuman
Hair: Black, worn at about medium length. Left natural save for formal occasions.
Eyes: Blue-green.
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 102Lbp
Blood type: O-

The Looks

Dream Giver [Revised and ready to be reviewed] <a href=Dream Giver [Revised and ready to be reviewed] Cosset11" />

Her costume is a simple homemade one, made of a white summer dress and several strips of lavender cloth attached to the shoulders and neck at the back of her dress, in a way that forms a sort of cloak. A white scarf wraps round the lower half of her face.

The Legacy

Personality:
While in costume she maintains a sarcastic attitude, and is quick to contradict someone. She acts ruthless, and is to a degree, but she refuses to kill, and avoids maiming, She has gotten carried away on a few occasions, and although she acts indifferent about this, she secretly worries about it, and fears that it might happen again.

While out of costume, her attitude is much different, yet has even more variation. While not with anyone she knows, she withdraws and prefers to just watch, while with people she knows she tends to open up. She become quite talkative, and is quick to voice her opinion, though can have troubles accepting that it might be wrong.

History:
Ruby Kingsley worked out she was a metahuman quite quickly,  her power was an obvious one. She was a muscle mimic and used it to excel in a range of sports and arts. She spent some of her life as a hero, mostly targeting super villains, rather then day to day crimes and criminals.

Robert Kingsley was just a normal human, but was incredibly intelligent, and excelled in mechanics and electronics. He rose up through the ranks quite quickly, but when he designed an advanced flying vehicle, he attracted the attention of a local super villain. When he was attacked, It was his future wife who rescued him. She was impressed by his ability to keep cool, and it wasn't long till she decided that to deter any future attacks, she would work with him.  Her skills came in handy with designing and making models of designs, and overtime, she would spend less and less time in costume, till she only donned it in times of great crisis. The two finally confessed to each other, and married. They had a child, and named her Cossette. She didn't show any abilities, which was both a relief and disappointment for her parents, though she quickly showed to have inherited the best from both her parents and showed such a great talent for learning, that to begin to suspect she had inherited her mothers power. They eventually decided that this wasn't the case, and any thoughts of their daughter having powers were banished.  As a child of two wealthy parents, it would be expected that they would have no time for her, but the opposite was true. as soon as she could talk, she would be asking questions, and hanging around her mother and father while they worked from 'home': a tower that hosted the entire businesses work force and its most important factory. She would sit on her mothers lap while she sketched the designs, and suggest different shapes or colours, then learn why the current ones was better, though it wasn't long till the suggestions were either just as good, or very rarely, better then the original. She would often stand next to her father as well, and ask what that spinning thing was, or why he was using the big spring, and not lots of little ones. Her parents loathed the idea of sending her to school, but when it was time for her to go, she excelled, and was accelerated a year.

Life continued like that, but with the birth of their daughter, the super human life didn't want to leave Ruby and Robert alone. A super villain attacked and attempted to kidnap their daughter, but was met with the vicious fighter that was Ruby. It was a daunting battle on the side of the building, but Ruby was able to defeat the villain, and rescue her daughter. That day, twelve year old Cossette began to take an interest in the whole cape scene. When she was fourteen, she asked why so many people hated super heroes. Her mother replied that many people just didn't understand, and that all they saw was the destruction they caused when a large fight occurred. Cossette then told her mother that she had an idea. Soon her mother began to print comics, created with some art skills she had picked up with her talent.

In 2018, Ruby was one of the heroes who rose up and fought against Dr Necrodium, and came out badly wounded. a telepath had hit her with a mind scrambling attack that left her in a traumatized state, constantly reliving her worst nightmares. Cosstte stayed with her in the hospital every night, just wishing that her mother would be able to survive the horror. Then her power began to emerge. She slowly drained the life from her mother, and within hours her mother finally lapsed into a deep sleep. The telepaths attack failed to work while she was sleeping, and Cossettes own telepathy, minor as it was, began to heal Ruby's mind. The doctors were happy at first, but then they realized that Ruby would not wake up, and Cossette was getting feverish. She was getting hot, and hyper alert, as if she was on enough sugar and caffeine to give a whale a heart attack. The doctors suspected that if the process continued, the mother would die, and the daughter would go into cardiac arrest. One of the doctors, an expert in metahumans, made the link between the two and had them separated. They got better rapidly, and when Ruby awakened, she was completely healed. The family went home, and Ruby began to train her daughters abilities.

Cossette designed her costume without her mothers knowing, and first started her career working as a vigilante. Similarly to her mother, she focused on taking down major or powered villains, though would not pass up a fight with gangs and other minor criminals. It didn't take long for Ruby to find out however, but much to Cossettes surprise, she encouraged it, and agreed not to tell Robert for the time being. They began setting up a system, where Ruby would decide on the situations Cossette would be most useful in, and reward her for going there and completing a designated task. Now a days she spends her life going to school, getting her homework done, and going out in her costume when she has the time.

The Powers

Power 1: Life Drain: Dream Giver constantly sucks the life force (Best description, more like their energy then actual life force.) from people around her. It is unlikely to kill them, but makes them tire quite quickly, in a way that makes them tend to fall asleep more easily, and when she really puts her mind to it, she can put someone to sleep quite quickly.. All her other powers draw from this pool of life force. (Note: This actually does damage, though more of a constant endurance draining mechanic)

Power 2: 'Nightmare' Summoning: Possibly the second most major part of her power, she can use gathered life force summon what she calls nightmares. They are intangible, can have point blank telekinesis. They are not invincible however, and being hit with energy of any kind will cause their life force to drain away. So a punch would still hurt them, but not the impact, just the kinetic force.

Power 3: Attribute enhancing: Dream Giver can use some of her collected life force to temporarily enhance certain physical aspects, or reinforce her mind against telepathic attacks.

Power 4:  Telepathy: It comes in two parts. The first part is what lets her control the creatures she summons. The second is so minor, it's almost non existent, in fact she doesn't even know its there. It just constantly causes people to dream when they are around her. Usually pleasant, but if she were to be feeling hostile towards them, the dreams would quickly become nightmares.

Grid
Intelligence: 4
Strength: 3
Speed: 4
Durability: 3
Ability: 4(Life Drain), 4(Nightmare summoning), 2(Attribute enhancing), 1(Telepathy)
Fighting Skills: 3
Wealth:2

Last edited by Dream_Giver on April 28th 2014, 7:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dream_Giver
Dream_Giver

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 1
Job : It eats the bills
Registration date : 2014-04-21

Back to top Go down

Dream Giver [Revised and ready to be reviewed] Empty Re: Dream Giver [Revised and ready to be reviewed]

Post by Forceaus April 24th 2014, 2:12 pm

Okay. First off the first 3 levels of Intelligence and Occult equate for each other. You only need to spend points in one of the two.

As for the powers. They all appear to be ability based powers. You'll have to spend separate points into all of them. It would basically look like this:

Ability: #(Power), #(Power), etc, etc.

Btw, you can have more than 8 points in them collectively since they're separate.

If you remember, I sent you a PM with some information for these powers.

Power 1: Is the life drain just an RP mechanic or does it do actual damage?

Power 2: The rules of summoning can be found here

Power 3: As for stat boosting: For each point spent in ability you get to add 1 point to a grid. Stats cannot exceed 8 unless the amount of points spent into the power do. Stat boosts last up to 5 posts. Cooldown equal the duration used. Power can be used on either oneself or others, but only 1 grid at a time can be boosted. Stats that can be boosted are: Strength, Speed, Durability andAbility(Other powers besides stat boosting)

Power 4: It will cost 1 point and require other players permission to use on their characters.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : I am hilarious, and you will quote everything I say.

Number of posts : 2604
Job : It pays the bills
Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

Dream Giver [Revised and ready to be reviewed] Empty Re: Dream Giver [Revised and ready to be reviewed]

Post by Chellizard May 1st 2014, 2:33 am

Please note; the Life Drain can only affect users with 4 or lower durability.

All other issues check out.

You've got 1 point leftover to spend on your starter grid.

Once you've spent it, please let me know by posting on this application; the reason you've waited so long is because no one was informed that you edited your post.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
Dream Giver [Revised and ready to be reviewed] JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum