The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
A rainy day in the city of angels (Shifter) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeToday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
A rainy day in the city of angels (Shifter) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
A rainy day in the city of angels (Shifter) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
A rainy day in the city of angels (Shifter) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
A rainy day in the city of angels (Shifter) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
A rainy day in the city of angels (Shifter) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
A rainy day in the city of angels (Shifter) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
A rainy day in the city of angels (Shifter) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
A rainy day in the city of angels (Shifter) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
A rainy day in the city of angels (Shifter) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
A rainy day in the city of angels (Shifter) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
A rainy day in the city of angels (Shifter) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Cynical_Aspie
A rainy day in the city of angels (Shifter) - Page 3 I_vote_lcapA rainy day in the city of angels (Shifter) - Page 3 I_voting_barA rainy day in the city of angels (Shifter) - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 
Tybrid
A rainy day in the city of angels (Shifter) - Page 3 I_vote_lcapA rainy day in the city of angels (Shifter) - Page 3 I_voting_barA rainy day in the city of angels (Shifter) - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 
SicilianDragon
Vorik

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

A rainy day in the city of angels (Shifter)

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A rainy day in the city of angels (Shifter) - Page 3 Empty Re: A rainy day in the city of angels (Shifter)

Post by Lingo May 2nd 2014, 11:30 am

The snake coiled and hissed in pain while the lightning streaked up and down it's back, arcing onto the ground everynow and then. He was trying to listen to John over the loud cracking of the lightning and only caught a small part off what he said. "Wait- This thing is a person?!" He looked at Shifter for a second in disbelief, before the lightning that was seeping from his fingers stopped. Flying slightly higher he brought his hands over his head and an orange circle of energy appeared behind him. Along it's rim, 5 glowing orange orbs formed around it, and they began to move along the circle's outside. He pointed his finger. "Hey, scale face!" he called, before flicking his wrist causing the orange spheres to twist through the air and smash into the floor right infront of the snake. They seemed to be nothing more than decoration before one by one they let out a loud screaming noise and exploded with concussive force - trying to divert the snake's attention. "Pick on someone your own size!" his arms were folded over while his cloak weaved up and down.

A grin was painted on the outside, but on the inside he was worried - this thing was a person, and it had a kid; so he had to try and be gentle with it. Killing it would only make him a bad guy and killing isn't his style anyway. Maybe he could... knock it out, somehow? His Spellstone could do so much all he had to do was try and remind himself of what those things were.

Lingo
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2013-12-08

Back to top Go down

A rainy day in the city of angels (Shifter) - Page 3 Empty Re: A rainy day in the city of angels (Shifter)

Post by Artemis May 2nd 2014, 12:30 pm

Artemis hissed again as John escaped her grasp again. The boy was now hiding behind the new guy. Artemis flicked her tongue and turned around and started to slither towards John again. But before she could reach him continuous explosions happened above her. She could feel it but it was honestly more of a nuisance then anything else. Artemis looked up to face the origins of the bombs and it seemed to be that new boy again. She would have to deal with him too? Fine, but he was currently out of reach, while John was still in her grasps. She turned her attention back to john and began to slither towards him once more.
Artemis
Artemis
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 865
Registration date : 2011-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Bad John May 2nd 2014, 3:43 pm

John had expected Spellstone's spell to somehow incapacitate Artemis, but he had no such luck. The snake turned towards him again, and slithered in to attack. The hero gawked in disbelief.

"Are you kidding me?! You're STILL mad at me?" John backed up as the snake approached him, rolling his eyes. "Listen, ma'am, I'm sorry! I'm not trying to take away your kid! She was like, what, sixteen anyway!" Shift held his hands up defensively. "Killing me isn't going to help anything! Just calm down, and turn back into a proper human so we can talk this out."

John occasionally glanced up at Spellstone, tilting his head rapidly. If you're gonna do something, feel free. Just...gently. Spellstone clearly didn't want to mortally harm the snake. All John could do is hope that he had a non-lethal, knock-out spell up his sleeves.

"I know you can hear me!!! From the start, I was just trying to help you! If this is how you thank everyone who tries to lend you a hand, you'll never get anywhere in life, you know." Shift held his arms up defensively.
Bad John
Bad John

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2014-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Lingo May 5th 2014, 6:18 pm

What the heck was this snake made of, apart from freakin' adamantium?! It just shrugged of an explosion like it was nothing and barely seemed to notice him. It continued to slither towards Shifter like a dagger when Spellstone had an idea. It wasn't an idea he was particularly fond off, he'd spent an entire month preparing for an exam that told him exactly why it was a bad idea to summon demons but this snake just wouldn't stop and he needed to save Shifter. Taking a deep breath him allowed himself to plummet towards the floor - extending his left hand. A green coiled weaved from the stone into the ground, opening a portal. His figure went straight through it and ascended from the linking portal, right infront of the snake.

His left eye and hand took on the appearance of freezing over and his right eye and hand looked as if fire was exploding from both. With an inaudible incantation two sigils were scratched into the floor on either side of his body. Within the same second of them beind made, the one on the left exploded as if it were ice and from it's depths ascended a blue skinned women with white hair who brought with her a chilling wind that coated the floor with gicel. And in the right, the concrete looked like burning paper before the visage of a burning women rose from the swirling maelstrom of magma. The pair's movements mimicked eachother, both extending their left arms at the snake.

"You'll defeat us...
"When hell freezes over!"

The pair spoke in similar tones, before they began walking towards the snake. Iaish's feet sent a carpet of spikey ice across the ground, attempting to impale the snake's scaley skin - while Faish simply flicked her hand, fire twisting from her back into the shape of a whip; which slashed at the snake's skin.

Spellstone bit his lip - this plan might work well for now but he's now got the issue of having to keep them in check - there's nothing more fearsome than demons who have just been unbound. Turning to look at Shifter, Spellstone nodded as if to say he's got this under control. A lie, honestly - but anything that helped moral was good.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A rainy day in the city of angels (Shifter) - Page 3 Iwanrheonsinging_zpse77ab8b6
Lingo
Lingo
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : I speak every language but bullshit.

Humor : Bad Language

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis May 8th 2014, 6:11 pm

Artemis continued to slither towards John. But her form changed slowly as she did. She now stood over John as a towering wolf, a low growl coming from the back of her throat. The wind blew her copper-colored fur and she bared her teeth, getting ready to end it. However before she did she felt changes in temperature. She could feel the conflicted extremes of hot and cold and it interested her enough to cause her to turn around. Her eyes widened as she saw frozen spikes and a whip made of flame heading her way. With very little time to react she spirit shifted, and dodged out of the way of the ice. However she couldn't clear the fire completely in time. She let out a yelp of pain as the flames licked down her side. It could of been worse but it still hurt. Artemis looked back at john and let out a fierce bark as if to say that even if he ran, she would hunt him down. She turned her attention back to the two creatures the fire and ice came from. They looked humanoid but where obviously not. They kind of reminder her of Fera when she first met the spirit. It was weird meeting the source of her powers, especially when she was powerless. But now they where one of the same. Although Artemis wasn't fully a spirit yet. Part of her wondered if these strange creatures could recognize she was a spirit. But they where also not animal so her dominion over them didn't matter.

She looked over the creatures from a distance, they seemed to be covered in what they could control. If that was the case Artemis would need to be careful. If the fire hurt a bit then biting down on them would too. But one was cold and the other was hot. And if Artemis remembered correctly the two didn't mix well together. So with that Artemis ran in a zig-zag patterned towards the one made of ice. Putting her plan into action. If she could get the to closer together, it might work out for her. Even though it was currently 4 against 1, she would not go down with out a fight.

New Grid:
Artemis
Artemis
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Bad John May 10th 2014, 6:52 pm

Shift watched carefully, as the massive wolf turned its attention of Spellstone's magic. He had no intention on abandoning the situation. After all, he ass partially responsible for the hassle. He watched the massive magical beings of fire and ice, worried. One thing was certain: Artemis had many varied transformations, but she had tipped her hand even the first time she transformed. There had to be one transformation that was purely for locomotion, or for defense. Now that he didn't need to worry about fire, he was confident that he could land a sneak attack. He just needed to wait for a chance.

But first, he needed to know whether Spellstone had this situation in hand. If not, he could interrupt him and put them both in a bad situation. For now, John waited, watching the fight.
Bad John
Bad John

Back to top Go down

Post by Lingo May 11th 2014, 8:12 am

As soon as she began running in her direction, Iaish extended her hand and several large frozen spikes extended from the ice on the ground in order to create a make-shift blockade. The area around Iaish's body was starting to get coated in ice making the floor quite slippery too, While Faish levitated off the ground and swurved around the wolf in order to try and block her in. With a flick of her wrist a screaming wall of fire surrounded the other side of the wolf. Prehaps the two extremes of temperature could cause not only psychical harm but maybe induce some sort of psychological fear.

Spellstone levitated into the air to be out of range while he maintained his focus on keeping Iaish and Faish under his command. He repeatedly muttered their names, and refused to look at them. For good reason - if the summoner were to lay eyes upon them they are freed. A stupid contract but it was very powerful one too as there was otherwise no way for them to gain their free will once more.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A rainy day in the city of angels (Shifter) - Page 3 Iwanrheonsinging_zpse77ab8b6
Lingo
Lingo
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis May 14th 2014, 10:44 pm

Artemis slide into the wall of ice and was soon flanked by a wall of fire. Strangely enough the two seemed to know how to work together. It honestly made no sense to her. Two opposing forces of nature working together. It made no sense. Artemis got back up, getting used to the footing on the cold ground. She could feel it get to her so it would be best to get off of it as fast as possible. The two extreme heats did have a strange feeling to it. But Artemis would try and get out of it. She took off again. This time she ran a feint. She pretended to head towards the fire beast. Running in a zig-zag pattern to try and avoid attacks. But right before she made an attack she quickly fell back. Hopefully the other demons got close enough together where Artemis could get behind the ice demon and kick her to the fire one.
Artemis
Artemis
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Bad John May 21st 2014, 11:14 pm

Watching the battle unfold, John couldn't help but ponder the worst case scenario. What if this was Spellstone's best effort, and that jumping into the fray afterwords simply resulted in his death? Was it alright to bail on this petty conflict? He simply wasn't prepared to die over this disagreement.

But then, there would be a vengeful shapeshifting goddess hunting for him for the rest of his life. Whether or not he wanted this conflict, he did have to stay and see it through, which meant no running away this time. He rubbed the burn wound on his shoulder, and ran behind Spellstone, who was above him. "What's the plan? What IS that? It looks magic as hell. It won't kill her, will it?"
Bad John
Bad John

Back to top Go down

Post by Lingo May 25th 2014, 4:08 pm

"The plan is try to keep her busy until she either gets too tired or I manage to get her knocked unconcious." Spellstone called down to Shifter, while Iaish persued the wolf while it ran; ice spiking from the ground behind her every footstep. "And if you can, try and throw things at her. Might wear her out faster." Spellstone kept his eyes firmly shut, and hands suspended infront fo him; one of which still flared with fire and the only was kept isolated by ice.

The ice demon's feet lifted from the ground, toes away from the ground by a mere inch. More ice continued to grow in her wake while she persued the wolf. She began picking up speed and extended her hair in order to try and curl around the fauna's feet. However she was caught off guard by the wolf suddenly darting to the side and delivering a kick to her lower back. She was sent into Faish's body, who was sent sliding backwards; leaving a trail of fire. However after a few seconds the pair both floated into the air and started to float in a circle around the beast. Faish moved Clockwise while Iaish went Anti-clockwise. Each of the sisters left a trail of their element behind them and when they met up with one another they clapped.

The semi-circle of ice began slithering inwards, extended spikes in the monster's direction while the wall of flames did something similar, shortening the distance between itself and the wolf's fur. It was either going to freeze or burn: Both of which were unpleasant fates.

Lingo
Lingo
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis May 26th 2014, 1:54 am

Artemis huffed out of annoyance, so far her only plan had failed. So much for natural forces, Artemis' only plan had gone to hell. Either way Artemis would have to think of something fast. The creatures where back on their feet and already counter attacking. Artemis felt like she was on the ropes at this point, she was doing fine until this new guy showed up. But at this point she didn't really have a choice, she was quickly being cornered. Artemis made a rash decision and on a turn of the dime jumped through the wall of fire. She landed on the ground with a thud and rolled around to put out any fire on her fur. She forced herself back up. It could of been worse but it still hurt like hell. She let out a low growl. She wasn't going to take any of these two down with out taking some damage, but she wasn't going to go down with out of fight.

However, not to far away on a roof top sat a small black fox, who was watching the unfolding battle below. It was a strange sight, a fox in the city but anyone who was still crazy enough to be near the fight. No one knew who the fox was yet, however she knew one of them. The shapeshifter known as Artemis. How did she know Artemis but Artemis not know her? Well that answer was simple, Fera. The spirit that once inhabited Artemis' body was her mistress. And now that Fera was no more and Artemis was now a spirit her loyalties had moved to her. Although not willing at first but it seemed she decided to rejoin her mistress at a good time.

She made her way down the building, not in any particular rush. She knew how the ritual works, her mistress currently isn't a full spirit and in this time is meant to get as strong as possible before she dies. So even if she died here and now it wouldn't be to bad, it would just put her back a bit in terms of strength, not a big deal really. Nika had gotten to the ground level just in time to she Artemis jump through the flames. Nika had actually forgotten how impulsive Artemis was. Either way it was time to make herself known.

"Call off your demons before your crimes against nature continue any farther. " said Nika telepathically. Anyone that would be in hearing distance would hear her, so everyone here would. Artemis even looked around to see who was speaking, but was confused when all she saw was a fox.

"My Mistress is a spirit of nature and this continued attack will not go unpunished." stated Nika. She then darted towards one of the demons, the one that creates ice. She jumped up in the air and turned, shifting her human form. As she landed on the ground she skidded a few feet and shot an eerie blue flame at the demon, who instead of melting like a normal creature made of ice would, began to freeze and let out an agonizing scream. Nika began to backpedal farther away from the demon. Killing one of them, even temporarily, was never with out some sort of consequence. Nika turned her attention to Artemis.

"Mistress please keep for distance for a few moments." stated Nika. She was only greeted by a confused look from Artemis.

"Ah, so you cannot speak in your animal form, don't worry, we can work on that later."
said Nika, she held out both her hands and two orbs of fox fire appeared in her hands.

"Now stop your attack."
Artemis
Artemis
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Bad John May 27th 2014, 1:34 pm

The telepathic voice in his mind confused and startled Shifter, who was preparing to enter the fray. He watched the newcomer approach, and launch an initial attack. Uh oh. She's telepathic, shoots fire, and shapeshifts. Maybe as well as the other one can...

But, having listened to the strange newcomer's entrance spiel, he smiled and lifted a hand to Spellstone. This was exactly what he was hoping for. He didn't know how exactly this strange new person was related to Atermis (He also knew fuckall about Artemis, except that she was volatile, had children, and was grieving one), but he did know that this woman had Artemis's best interests at heart, and was reasonable enough to SPEAK to them.

"Stone! This is our best chance to resolve this situation peacefully." He gave Spellstone an imploring look. "I didn't even want to start a fight with the first shapeshifter lady. Fighting two would be twice as dangerous and JUST as inane."

Shift carefully ran over to the newcomer, avoiding the ice and flames on the ground as he approached, his arms folded as he looked at Nika with an optimistic smile. "We aren't looking for any trouble, but your...friend has caused serious damage to the city. If you can calm her down, and we can discuss this rationally, we'll have no intention of harming her, or even bringing her to justice for the damage caused. It was...it was kinda just as much my fault as it was hers." Scratching the back of his neck, he approached Nika, extending his hand to shake hers. Please don't burn me please don't burn me. As John stood near her, his hand out to shake, he silently prayed he wouldn't get his hand singed off.
Bad John
Bad John

Back to top Go down

Post by Lingo May 28th 2014, 7:03 am

When the ice that was swirling around his left hand dissipated, he knew Iaish had been slain. He was about to tell Faish to up the ante when he heard another voice, a females. "Call off your demons before your crimes against nature continue any farther. " Spellstone raised his eyebrow, before turning around. He was both irritated that he was being accused of a crime and quite annoyed that one of his demons had been killed. He spread out of his right fist and the fire around it dissipated; the body of Faish turning into ash and blowing away on the wind. He could finally open his eyes once more - and was able to see what had been speaking.

"My Mistress is a spirit of nature and this continued attack will not go unpunished."
Spellstone folded his arms and his eyebrow furrowed. "You're right - it won't." he pointed at Artemis, currently in her wolf form "She has attacked this man, caused thousands of dollars worth of damage and terrified dozens off people." he folded his arms once again, cloak blowing around in the wind impressively. "The punishment for her continued attack? A criminal record, jail time, a massive fine; and if she does have kids as according to John she does - she will be registered as too dangerous to look after them. They will be taken from her. I would be sad, but she nearly killed my friend."

Clearly this, fox woman was lacking context of what was happening. And the animal woman was a nature spirit? "Aren't nature spirits meant to be wise beings, who help protect life and nature - not mindless savages who attack kids?" he knew that the last line might have been harsh but it was exactly what this situation called for - a harsh, take no shit attitude. "If I hadn't of intervened god only knows how many people she would have hurt." Spellstone's cloaked continued to swirl in the wind and the flames Faish had left on the floor started to die down; the ice created by Iaish was rapidly melting.

Lingo
Lingo
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis May 28th 2014, 1:00 pm

"No human prison would be able to hold her." said Nika, even though the thought was mostly irrelevant. "And if you know so much about us you would know mortal laws do not bind us. Whatever my Mistress did was for a reason. I have watched her for awhile, she does not attack unless provoked." Usually was meant to be tacked onto the end of the sentence. But Nika could taste something off about this encounter. "Either way, attacking an elder spirit is a huge crime against nature, as well as the summoning of demons. You cannot trust those abominations." stated Nika. At this point Artemis got closer to Nika and sniffed her, still not recognizing her scent. She shifted back into a human.

"Who are you?" asked Artemis with a confused look on her face. She couldn't pin it but the girl seemed familiar.

"My name is Nika, I was... assistant to My Mistresses predecessor. But after her death my responsibilities and loyalties have passed to you Mistress. I apologize for not arriving sooner."

"You knew Fera?"

"Yes Mistress, but now is not the time. I will explain more later." said Nika turning her attention back to the two boys.
Artemis
Artemis
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lingo June 11th 2014, 4:55 pm

Spellstone sighed, very. Very. Very loudly, before he grabbed onto the sides of his cloak with both of his celestial looking hands. "You know what? Fine. I'm done." with that, he turned around and strode forward, before his body violently warped into green light - teleporting from the scene.

[soz for breaking posting order, im just leaving this thread Razz]

Lingo
Lingo
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top