The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
A rainy day in the city of angels (Shifter) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeToday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
A rainy day in the city of angels (Shifter) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
A rainy day in the city of angels (Shifter) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
A rainy day in the city of angels (Shifter) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
A rainy day in the city of angels (Shifter) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
A rainy day in the city of angels (Shifter) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
A rainy day in the city of angels (Shifter) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
A rainy day in the city of angels (Shifter) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
A rainy day in the city of angels (Shifter) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
A rainy day in the city of angels (Shifter) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
A rainy day in the city of angels (Shifter) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
A rainy day in the city of angels (Shifter) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Vorik
A rainy day in the city of angels (Shifter) - Page 2 I_vote_lcapA rainy day in the city of angels (Shifter) - Page 2 I_voting_barA rainy day in the city of angels (Shifter) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Cynical_Aspie
A rainy day in the city of angels (Shifter) - Page 2 I_vote_lcapA rainy day in the city of angels (Shifter) - Page 2 I_voting_barA rainy day in the city of angels (Shifter) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Tybrid
SicilianDragon

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

A rainy day in the city of angels (Shifter)

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A rainy day in the city of angels (Shifter) - Page 2 Empty Re: A rainy day in the city of angels (Shifter)

Post by Artemis April 19th 2014, 11:36 pm

Artemis had missed every shot. The annoying boy dodged them all. But the last was still close enough where it affected him. Or at least it seemed. The boy plummeted down into the ground and after recovering. Although she seemed to be off. But to be fair after a fall like that most would. Artemis hovered about 15 feet off the ground, smoke bellowing from her nostrils. She let out another roar and embers flew from her mouth. She gathered up fire in her mouth and fired it off as a steam towards John. She would make quick work of this boy.

Artemis
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 865
Registration date : 2011-02-26

Back to top Go down

A rainy day in the city of angels (Shifter) - Page 2 Empty Re: A rainy day in the city of angels (Shifter)

Post by Bad John April 20th 2014, 9:41 am

John leaped clear of the steam as it hissed against the ground, then ran back into it. It stung his skin, but it would mask his scent and keep him out of sight. He hid behind a car in the mist, catching his breath.

"Lady, if you can hear me," John shouted from behind the car, breathing heavily and wiping his face, "I'm not trying to take away your children!!! But if you're going to rage around in the streets and hurt people, I've got no choice but to knock you out!!!"

He gulped at the thought of fighting a dragon, but he had a few tricks left up his sleeve, and if he could avoid being burned and engage in a physical brawl, he might at least have a chance. But, lacking the desire to fight, he kept talking.

"Look, we've all lost someone! But drinking and numbing yourself up, and then lashing out at people isn't the answer!!! What if Shael was watching you now?

Shift stood, and looked up. He could see the dragon looming overhead. "I know you miss him, and have regrets, but be a mother to the daughter you have left!!! You're the only person in the world who loved Shael enough to get like this, so respect his memory, or I'll knock some sense into you!!!" With that, John lifted his fists, and got ready to fight a dragon.

Last edited by Bad John on April 21st 2014, 12:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Bad John
Bad John

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2014-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis April 21st 2014, 12:20 am

This boy was now lying to her! What kind of fool did he think she was? The boy was just trying to save his own hide at this point. Well Artemis would have none of it. She simply roared at the boy again. Embers flew out of her mouth. The boy was only delaying the inevitable. Artemis charged up another fire ball and shot it at John.
Artemis
Artemis
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Bad John April 21st 2014, 2:59 pm

Thinking quickly, John increased the musclemass in his arms, and lifted the back end car in front of him, getting underneath it to shield himself. The fire melted the hood of the car, and heated the air around him as the car was splashed with caustic flames.

Shift, however, came out just fine. He rolled out from under the flaming car, and looked up at the dragon. If he was going to fight, he needed to strike back effectively.

He sprinted towards a sewer-cover, and yanked it off the ground, snapping its hinge. He stopped, and hurled the heavy, wrought iron sewer lid like a Frisbee, aiming for the dragon's snout.
Bad John
Bad John

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis April 22nd 2014, 12:06 am

Some how the car didn't explode, in fact it just melted. It wasn't long before John had picked up a man cover and threw it at her. Artemis took off higher in the air to dodge the molten mass. Apparently this man looked weaker then he was. Artemis never knew they could be removed.. Artemis dived bomb down towards john, breathing fire in in front of her to cover her body in her own fire. It was warm and did hurt a bit. But if she could tackle John the fire would probably hurt him more.
Artemis
Artemis
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Bad John April 22nd 2014, 12:26 am

Shift moved to dodge, avoiding the worst of the attack, but Artemis's attack was not a miss. Her wing clipped John's arm, wringing a cry of pain from the polymorph. "AAH!!!" The impact dislocated his shoulder, and the fire around her singed his skin. He rolled, his back thumping against a hummer. He stood, pressing his palm to his shoulder and shoving it back in the socket.

I KNEW this would be difficult to win, but even if I fight at full power and try to KILL her, which I absolutely cannot do, she could still rub me out with her fire breath. If I run away, will she calm down, or should I attack her with all I've got and try to subdue her? John grimaced, clutching his sore arm. If I keep half assing it like this, I don't know how much longer I can last...
Bad John
Bad John

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis April 22nd 2014, 1:11 pm

Artemis landed on the ground. She had miss the boy but it looked like the fire still got him. THe fire around her slowly burnt out. Her scales didn't really give it much to burn. She turned around to face the boy again. Smoke bellowed out of her nose and she roared again, sending embers everywhere. She breathed out a stream of fire at the boy. She was slowly getting tired of his games.
Artemis
Artemis
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Bad John April 24th 2014, 1:00 am

Sprinting to the left, Shift avoided the stream of fire, trying to move into the dragon's blind side.

If I run, she might burn the whole city down. I gotta knock her out, or die trying!!! He bulked up his muscles, lifted a small volkswagon, and tossed it towards the side of Artemis's head, getting ready to move.
Bad John
Bad John

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis April 25th 2014, 1:14 am

Artemis turned her head to follow John. She shifted her body to face him but when she did she noticed a particular object flying towards her. Artemis tired to move out of the way but wasn't fast enough. It hit her right in the side and Artemis was temporarily knocked over. She stood back up, a bit dazed. Was that the best this kid could do! Artemis began to scan the landscape, trying to find this annoying pup.
Artemis
Artemis
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Bad John April 25th 2014, 1:22 am

As Artemis rose, reeling from the blow, John made his move, sprinting behind her. He stretched his arm to grab hold of a lamp post, and yanked himself up towards her back, his arms turning into massive pythons of muscle.

NOW OR NEVER.

He swung his arms around and around her, attempting to wrap his arm around her mouth, neck, and forelegs. His plan was simple: he was going to get the dragon in a headlock until she calmed down, and keep her mouth closed and stay on her back, to avoid being clawed to pieces or burned to a crisp. A risky gambit.
Bad John
Bad John

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis April 25th 2014, 3:16 pm

Artemis roared as John jumped on her and and held onto her, preventing her from moving. Artemis did all she could to try and escaped but couldn't. But this this boy believe he had won? Oh he was so wrong. Artemis would not be stopped so quickly. Artemis let out one more roar before her body quickly began to change. She shrunk about 10 feet and her limbs retracted into her body. Soon she was a Boa constrictor and began to attempt to coil herself around the boy's body. She could crush him very slowly. She wanted him to pay for trying to separate her pack.

Boa Constrictor grid:

Spoiler:
Artemis
Artemis
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Bad John April 29th 2014, 1:29 am

"PFFFFFFFFFWHEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE" John exhaled forcefully, the boa pushing down on his ribcage suddenly. Disoriented and surprised, he realized what he was dealing with.

She's a shapeshifter too, with super specific transformations. She's good...

Thinking quickly, John narrowed and lengthened his body, escaping the painful, crushing hold by wiggling out. He expanded his body, and stumbled away, his back slamming against a lamp post. He fell onto his backside, catching his breath.
Bad John
Bad John

Back to top Go down

Post by Lingo April 29th 2014, 4:18 pm

Joshua sat down in front of his TV, eyes fixating upon the horrific visions before him - a news crew had moved to the scene of the dragon attack and were now recording the whole thing. "This is Trishy Voneromo, Actions News! The city of Los Angeles is under attack by a large fire breathing drag-" her voice was drowned out by a sudden and violent surge of flames, spewing from the monster's mouth and threw the air. Joshua's attention was really captured by the thing it was apparently shooting at - a familiar shape was darting through the air, one he'd encountered a mere week ago; Shifter! How did he get so far in such a short amount of time? Pffft, probably something super power related.

The fiery haired news lady (she was ginger, her hair was not literally on fire)  and her team were clearly professionals as they gave a very clear view of Shifter getting his ass handed to him.  Repeatedly. Come on Shifter, get it together! Joshua thought, leaning in closer to the TV - but it didn't seem to working out well for him at all. Sighing, Joshua stood up and looked behind him to his bed - or under it. Rushing across the floor and sliding to his knees he extended grasping hands towards a leather bound box and yanked it out, setting it onto his lap and undoing the buckles that kept it shut. When it's top was lifted the air was filled with chorus of gentle hums, a dark grey stone with runes engraved into it's flesh lay on a red cushion within.

Placing the Spellstone onto his belt, and wrapping that around his waist Spellstone felt it's power slither through his body. He lifted of the floor and threw both his arms out to the side his body flickering bright green for no more than a second before a dancing red cloak descended and his clothing had been transformed to a grey one-piece suit, with arms and legs painted like the cosmos. A smirk on his face, Spellstone reached behind his head and pulled the cloak's hood over it. "Awww yeah, I'm awesome." he said, to remind himself aloud, before his feet began moving and he ran towards the floor - extending his hand. A dark green light covered his body and within an instant, he was gone.

--Los Angeles--

A bright green humanoid shape appeared in the sky before it dissipated completely, the red cloaked Teen left in it's place. He surveyed the situation, and allowed his eyebrow to raise. It seemed that the Dragon had vanished, now replaced with what looked like a gigantic snake. Spellstone simply watched it try to choke the life out of Shifter, before he used his own snake-like prowess to escape it's scaly coil. He didn't seem to be doing much to escape it though, sitting on the floor was not a very good tactic for battle. Swooping down in an arc, Spellstone levitated beside the monstrous reptile, and rose both of his hands above his head - lightning spitting from the Spellstone to his hands, and beginning to dance around them.

"Ok, one - what is this thing."

He put both his electrified hands out infront of him, palms facing the floor.

"And two, any idea what it wants?"

He pointed his palms at the snake and unleashed a squealing beam of lightning at the monstrous beast.

(I was given permission to join by Artemis and John)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A rainy day in the city of angels (Shifter) - Page 2 Iwanrheonsinging_zpse77ab8b6
Lingo
Lingo
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : I speak every language but bullshit.

Number of posts : 215
Humor : Bad Language
Registration date : 2013-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis May 1st 2014, 5:20 pm

Artemis hissed in annoyance as the boy got away from her. She would have to crush him a lot fast next time so even if he did do that again he couldn't wiggle out. Artemis flicked her forked tongue and began to slither toward John. He seemed to be recovering from that last attack. It was nice to know her last attack wasn't a complete waste. She was less then a foot away when she felt pain rack her body. She let out a screaming hiss and the electricity passed through her body. She turned around slightly to see what caused that pain.

She looked up and saw another person, floating in the air. She figured he was talking to John. Artemis hissed at him as a warning to stay out of this hunt. She then turned her attention back to John.
Artemis
Artemis
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Bad John May 1st 2014, 5:43 pm

OH THANK GOD IT'S SPELLSTONE. John stood up as Artemis turned her attention towards him. He ran behind Spellstone, and stuck his tongue out at the serpent. "TAG OUT. Your turn, bro."

Shift pointed to the snake, looking to Spellstone. "It's pissed at me for threatening to call Child Services. Long story, but now that you're here, zap her into submission, but don't kill her. I think, if we manage to knock the fight outta her, she'll change into a human and we can reason with her."  John folded his arms, grinning. "I'd take her myself, but frankly I'm beat to hell, and trying to hit her doesn't work. This is a perfect job for someone who can shoot lightning. So make with the zapping before she changes into something else!"
Bad John
Bad John

Back to top Go down

Post by Lingo May 2nd 2014, 11:30 am

The snake coiled and hissed in pain while the lightning streaked up and down it's back, arcing onto the ground everynow and then. He was trying to listen to John over the loud cracking of the lightning and only caught a small part off what he said. "Wait- This thing is a person?!" He looked at Shifter for a second in disbelief, before the lightning that was seeping from his fingers stopped. Flying slightly higher he brought his hands over his head and an orange circle of energy appeared behind him. Along it's rim, 5 glowing orange orbs formed around it, and they began to move along the circle's outside. He pointed his finger. "Hey, scale face!" he called, before flicking his wrist causing the orange spheres to twist through the air and smash into the floor right infront of the snake. They seemed to be nothing more than decoration before one by one they let out a loud screaming noise and exploded with concussive force - trying to divert the snake's attention. "Pick on someone your own size!" his arms were folded over while his cloak weaved up and down.

A grin was painted on the outside, but on the inside he was worried - this thing was a person, and it had a kid; so he had to try and be gentle with it. Killing it would only make him a bad guy and killing isn't his style anyway. Maybe he could... knock it out, somehow? His Spellstone could do so much all he had to do was try and remind himself of what those things were.
Lingo
Lingo
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : I speak every language but bullshit.

Number of posts : 215
Humor : Bad Language
Registration date : 2013-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top