The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Most Dangerous Game
Rai Nagataki I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2024, 8:00 pm by ghost

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Rai Nagataki I_icon_minitimeApril 29th 2024, 6:24 pm by Lazarus

» Denver's Demons
Rai Nagataki I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2024, 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» The Deal and The Hit
Rai Nagataki I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Rai Nagataki I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Rai Nagataki I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Rai Nagataki I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Rai Nagataki I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Rai Nagataki I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
Rai Nagataki I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Rai Nagataki I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Rai Nagataki I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
Rai Nagataki I_vote_lcapRai Nagataki I_voting_barRai Nagataki I_vote_rcap 
ghost
Rai Nagataki I_vote_lcapRai Nagataki I_voting_barRai Nagataki I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Rai Nagataki

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rai Nagataki Empty Rai Nagataki

Post by Thorgron April 30th 2013, 2:10 pm

Rai Nagataki
Spirit of the Storm

Basic Biography

Renegade/Hero/Villain Name: Monsoon
Title: Spirit of the Storm
Alignment: Lawful Good
Race: Japanese
Hair: Dark
Eyes: Dark brown
Height: 5'7
Weight: 170 lbs
Blood type: O-

The Looks

Rai Nagataki Samurai_rain_by_reverynd-d333zab

The Legacy

Personality:
Rai is faithfully loyal and unfailingly motivated. He sees no challenge as too great and will never back down when there is work to be done. Deep, inwardly motivated and at times overbearing, Rai adheres to a strict code of honor instilled him during his training and will never stray from it. Atop of all of this, Rai is deeply humble and will never talk up his abilities or boast to anyone for any reason.

History:
Rai Nagataki was destined from birth to be different. Born into The Ring of the Storm, an ancient and secretive order living in the meteorological worst part of Japan, these isolated warriors worshiped the spirits of the wind, rain and thunder. These three orders each represented a key element of The Great Storm, an event they believed had washed away the evil of the past world and allowed for the current one to come in to being. They believed that only by personifying the three aspects, could they keep the themselves and the world in working order. Every order had its own laws and doctrines, each kept in place to maintain the balance of their aspect. Children born between the separate aspects was strictly forbidden. To mix the orders, was to bring chaos to the child born and to the world. Despite this most strict of rules, occasionally a child was born to multiple aspects, an action punishable by death to the child and mother. These rules though strict and disciplinarian, were viewed as absolutely necessary. And for thousands of years, they kept the Ring in perfect order and balance. That is...until Rai's birth.

Rai was born the bastard son of Akihiro Kazuma and Aiko Moto. But his mother, Aiko, could not bare to see her child destroyed before being given a chance at life. So she hid him in plain sight, crafted a story for his arrival. The child, alone and without a family had been found outside her home. Having no other option she would tell the others, she took him in and named him Rai Nagataki, after the vicious storm he had come in. In reality, his name was a representation of his mixed birth, Akihiro from the discipline of thunder, she from the order of rain. No one could ever know of her betrayal. Never before had child born under these circumstances been allowed to live. Her punishment would be unimaginable if her secret were ever to rise to the surface.

And so Rai was raised in the grace and purity of the order of the rain. Like any other child born to The Ring of the Storm, Rai was subject to intense physical mental and spiritual training, starting at the age of four. He was first taught the great secret, that this world had been first inhabited by evil. It was only when the Great Storm wiped this evil from the earth that humanity was able to sprout from the earth. Upon learning the secret, every Ring child must learn the aspects; the wind, which spoke of the storm's coming, the thunder, which crushed the evils of this world beneath its might, and the rain which washed this world clean of the sin. It was crucial that each understand and and know their place. No child could switch orders once their training had begun. As always, to do so meant disorder and if they were persistent in resisting, death. Rai was not one to question this. His place was to embody the rain, water which washed purified the land, he would do the same. Taking every lesson his masters could teach him to heart, Rai excelled. And by the time he reached the age of ten, Rai was selected to learn the martial art of Tenkyuu. The style emphasized sweeping fluid movements in constant motion. It was beautiful to watch, deadly to fight and near impossible to master. This only encouraged Rai more, making him determined to master the most sacred style of his order.

The training in Tenkyuu was a daunting task. Every day he would hone his style beneath the ravaging force of a waterfall, learning to become one with his element and to embrace its hidden power. Time and time again Rai failed, the Tenkyuu style proving its difficulty to him. But every day he returned, with deeper determination to master the art. For 5 years, day in and day out he practiced the style and on the day of his 15th birthday, he decided he would not let himself fail. Seeing no other way, Rai went to the Order of Rain's oldest master. A man who had survived from the times of the great storm. Approaching the elder, Rai took a knee, humbling himself before the great master. For a day he sat, unmoving before his order's most revered elder. And at the end of the day he finally spoke. "Master what is it that I have done wrong. For five years I have trained and yet can not master Tenkyuu." The master moved by his question and determination leaned in to towards the boy. In a hollow and aged voice The Master of the Order of Rain Spoke."You must unclouded your mind, become that which you wish to achieve." The elder's message was cryptic, but Rai knew what he must do. In one of their legends, the man who first created Tenkyuu first entered a deep mediation, then had his body placed at the bottom of the sacred lake, said to contain the rain water from the Great Storm. For ten days and ten nights, the first of the order of rain meditated in the lake. Upon emerging, he grabbed his sword and dazzled the others with what he could do. Tenkyuu was born. This, Rai thought, was the secret to mastering the scared style.

Like the First of the Order of Rain, Rai first entered a deep meditative trance, clearing his mind of all thought. Next, his body was lowered into the depths of the lake. As his body sank, he could feel the pressure and the chill of the depths. What happened at the bottom of the lake is a mystery to all of the Ring of the Storm. For 12 days Rai lay dormant at the bottom of the lake. Surely he was dead, the others thought, not even the first rain master had lasted that long. But on the 12th day a great storm rolled in over the order. The winds howled, the thunder boomed and the rain crashed against the land threatening to wipe away the Ring of the Storm much like it had the evil of old. But amidst chaos from which the world had been renewed, Rai emerged from the lake. As he did, the clouds receded, saving the order from destruction. When the storm had resided, Rai took up his sword and returned to the waterfall, filled with a deep understanding of his task. The Order gathered around him, curious as to what his time in the lake had done to him. Upon entering the falls, Rai lifted his sword and began to swing, flowing through the stances and motions of Tenkyuu with beautiful execution. Suddenly the falls began to split apart and fly away from themselves with every motion of his sword, leaving deep gashes in the landscape. Not only had he mastered Tenkyuu but he had surpassed even the First of the Order of Rain, manipulating the element of purity to his will.

The order was astounded, Rai now seemed to embody all three aspects of the Great Storm. Within him were the winds wisdom, the thunder's power and the rain's grace. He was an embodiment of all the represented, Great Storm incarnate and the avatar of its Spirit. never before had one in the order risen to such heights, it was believed to not even be possible. But Rai, the Spirit of the Storm had proved them wrong. And yet, despite his status, Rai refused to receive special accommodations or acknowledgments. To him, he was no different than any other member of the Ring should be, determined to uphold the balance of the Storm and to maintain the peace which had been created in its wake. And from the day he became the Spirit of the Storm, Rai has never stopped training, never stopped striving to become better. To this end he has traveled the globe, honing his skills and upholding balance in the world. All the while, maintaining his humble and down to earth attitudes.

The Powers

Spirit of the Storm: (6 ABI)
The knowledge and understanding gained by Rai during his 12 days in the lake have connected him to the Great Storm itself, allowing him to call upon its' might for assistance. When called upon, the sky will blacken and the clouds will burst forth sheets of unending, driving rain.. Rai cannot control/manipulate this storm once summoned. While inside this or any rain storm, Rais's appearance becomes unclear and distorted and the aspects of thunder and rain are brought forth in Rai, increasing his speed and strength each by 3.

Tenkyuu: (8 FS)
The ancient and most sacred martial art to the Order of the Rain, Rai has mastered every aspect of its style. His time in the lake however hass brought him even deeper understanding of this style, allowing him to bring the justice of thunder and the purifying power of water to this style. When performing Tenkyuu in the rain or while his blade is wet, Rai is able to solidify his blade ot a variety of effects, from lengthening his sword to producing powerful cut waves from the water flung from the blade. With Tenkyuu's sweeping and flowing style, Rai is able to embody his chosen element, flinging waves of force like the Great Rain itself.

Meditative Tranquility:
When Rai decides to, he can clear his mind, entering a state of deep meditation. While in this deeply focused state, Rai's internal functions slow to the point of near death and he can also go days without food, drink or oxygen, sustained only by the spiritual energy of the Storm within. Rai becomes totally immobile and utterly unresponsive after entering this state. Once induced, Rai cannot be awakened externally, only awakening when the time is appropriate.

Items:
Katana of the First of Rain:

Said to have been formed in the waters of the same lake in which Rai spent his 12 days, this blade is the highest honor one of The Order of Rain can receive. It is nearly indestructible and impossibly light and sharp, allowing for the performance of Tenkyuu to flow even smoother. The entire Katana is cold to the touch like fresh rain, regardless of external temperatures.

Grid
Intelligence:0
Occult:3
Strength:5
Speed:4
Durability:4
Ability:6
Fighting Skills:8
Magic:0
Spells:0
Flight:0
Wealth:1
Rai Nagataki RaiGrid_zps785a3c5e

Last edited by Thorgron on April 30th 2013, 3:06 pm; edited 4 times in total
Thorgron
Thorgron
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2013-04-16

Back to top Go down

Rai Nagataki Empty Re: Rai Nagataki

Post by Forceaus April 30th 2013, 2:25 pm

For the spirit of the storm thing it's 3 separate powers between wind, water and lightning. Elemental manipulation costs 3 points minimum and becomes more powerful the more points spent into it.

As for the stat boosting concept. Stat boosting as a power works like this: For each point spent in ability you get 1 stat point to be placed into any stat. Except of course the points spent on stat boosting.

The regeneration will also cost its own set of points.

Any items of special nature go in an item app that is separate from the character app.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : I am hilarious, and you will quote everything I say.

Number of posts : 2604
Job : It pays the bills
Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Thorgron April 30th 2013, 2:49 pm

edited Razz

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Rai Nagataki Pbucket
Thorgron
Thorgron
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Thorgron April 30th 2013, 3:05 pm

alright for real this time haha

Rai Nagataki Pbucket
Thorgron
Thorgron
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus April 30th 2013, 3:07 pm

Approved until stated otherwise

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus December 30th 2014, 7:52 pm

Retired

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top