The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Denver's Demons
A Meeting of Minds (Nightkill and Frost only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» A Demon In The City of Angels
A Meeting of Minds (Nightkill and Frost only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2024, 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
A Meeting of Minds (Nightkill and Frost only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
A Meeting of Minds (Nightkill and Frost only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
A Meeting of Minds (Nightkill and Frost only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
A Meeting of Minds (Nightkill and Frost only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
A Meeting of Minds (Nightkill and Frost only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
A Meeting of Minds (Nightkill and Frost only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
A Meeting of Minds (Nightkill and Frost only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
A Meeting of Minds (Nightkill and Frost only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
A Meeting of Minds (Nightkill and Frost only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
A Meeting of Minds (Nightkill and Frost only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
SicilianDragon
A Meeting of Minds (Nightkill and Frost only) - Page 2 I_vote_lcapA Meeting of Minds (Nightkill and Frost only) - Page 2 I_voting_barA Meeting of Minds (Nightkill and Frost only) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Vorik
A Meeting of Minds (Nightkill and Frost only) - Page 2 I_vote_lcapA Meeting of Minds (Nightkill and Frost only) - Page 2 I_voting_barA Meeting of Minds (Nightkill and Frost only) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Seamus McAndrews
Cynical_Aspie
Tybrid

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

A Meeting of Minds (Nightkill and Frost only)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Meeting of Minds (Nightkill and Frost only) - Page 2 Empty Re: A Meeting of Minds (Nightkill and Frost only)

Post by Archer Roland May 31st 2011, 4:47 pm

Jack listened to the argument that the man before him was making and he had to admit that he made some very important points that could not be simply denied. “It’s true that there is stupidity that you speak of but unrecognizable genius makes more problems than simple academic problems.” Surveying the board in front of him there were still a lot of moves open to him but he decided he would take a slightly less risky move and moved the pawn at D2 to D3, nothing much but it would give him more room to protect his king in the short game. “Genius makes revolutionaries too, Malcolm X was many things but stupid was not one of them,” the teen hero said simply.

Looking to the boy beside them that still had not said so much as a word, Jack was a little surprised at the amount of attention he was paying to the game in front of him. Most children did not care for chess and would have very quickly lost interest in the mind game in front of them but this child was instead focused almost completely on the game, seeming as though he was not even blinking. Jack wondered if he had a child genius on his hands but he still was not sure of the boy. “I wouldn’t go so far as to say that I’m a genius but I do think I took up the mask in order to help people in some way,” he spoke the truth because remembering back to his life on the streets was what kept him fighting.

“And it’s your turn by the way,” Jack was getting so caught up in the conversation that he had forgotten a common formal gesture of telling your opponent that it was there turn. Waiting for the man to move his piece and to answer the question another question came to Jack’s mind, “What’s your name by the way?”

Archer Roland
Post Adept
Post Adept

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2011-04-12

Back to top Go down

A Meeting of Minds (Nightkill and Frost only) - Page 2 Empty Re: A Meeting of Minds (Nightkill and Frost only)

Post by Guest June 2nd 2011, 1:18 am

(We need to update an actual chessboard so that we know where all the pieces are. I suggest using a picture of a board and then using MS Paint.)

"Malcolm X then went to Mecca and then became a revolutionary for whites and blacks being equals and not segregated. I liked Malcolm. He was a great man toward the end, and was a great man before then, just quite misguided. Note I'm saying great man, not good man. There are really no good people in the world. Just people doing what they can. At their nature, humans just tend to be selfish. Help people if you can, but never expect them to help you in return."

He moved a pawn from B7 to B6. He watched the boy with some interest, noting his interest in the game. "My name?" he asked, brought back to reality by the older boy's question. "My name is Nightkill. A painful name really. It was given to me in the fifties, and it just stuck. If it weren't for the fact he wasn't even born at the time, I would have thought Rob Liefeld gave me the name."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer Roland June 2nd 2011, 7:14 pm

((I don't have paint or anyhing like that to my knowledege so you might have to do somehting along those lines because I'm sort of retarded when it comes to computers. Sorry for being so useless in this matter.))

“I have to agree with you on that one but I must continue the conversation on superheroes,” Jack said as he looked at the board trying to see if there was anything he could do this early in the game to give him the edge. “I help people because I believe it’s the right thing to do not because I look for the approval of others,” he stated simply as he decided that there were no moves that he could use to his advantage yet and he moved his knight from G1 to F3. Only now that he was in mid game with the man that he realized that he had not played an actual game of chess in a long time, guessing that the last time had been with his step dad after something that had seemed really important at the time.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A Meeting of Minds (Nightkill and Frost only) - Page 2 ArchersGrid
Archer Roland
Archer Roland
Post Adept
Post Adept

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 4th 2011, 8:19 pm

(Hmm...I'll try to update a chessboard later. I'm just quickly blasting out a post.)

Nightkill moved his bishop from F7 to H8, taking advantage of the gap he had gotten from the pawns he had moved. He looked up at Jack. "As you should. Help people whenever possible. Expect no returns from doing so. But there are no truly good or evil people. Everyone's just shades of gray. I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the gray people, but some of them are on opposite sides. Nobody is pure good or pure evil. Thomas Jefferson owned slaves, and Hitler was a kind father and family friend. Evil is like an ocean; a puddle in some places, but deeper, oh so deeper in others." he said absently, as though he was remembering something.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer Roland June 7th 2011, 6:41 pm

(That would probably be for the best because I think our moves might not make any sense anymore. lol)

Jack watched the move and understood that it was a rather straightforward tactic and realized that the rest of the game would most likely be played at a fast pace. He was not sure if that were a good thing or not but never the less it seemed to be a good move all the same. Taking his pawn from G2 and moving it forward two spaces to space G4, he would keep his pace a little slower, refusing to play into some sort of trap the man might have in store. “I have to disagree with you on that one because if I were to accept that the world were only filled with gray I’d also be saying that there is no inherently good either.” The hero though for a moment longer and continued with what he was saying, “There is no pure good or evil but there are more colors than just gray.” With that he gave a soft smile to the older man.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A Meeting of Minds (Nightkill and Frost only) - Page 2 ArchersGrid
Archer Roland
Archer Roland
Post Adept
Post Adept

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top