The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Fusion Frenzy
A Hidden Room in a House of Cards - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeToday at 6:49 am by ProwlerKnight

» What We Do In The Shadows
A Hidden Room in a House of Cards - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:21 pm by Nate6595

» Jager
A Hidden Room in a House of Cards - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:17 pm by Nate6595

» When the Wind Goes
A Hidden Room in a House of Cards - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:14 pm by Nate6595

» Terrify Her
A Hidden Room in a House of Cards - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 12:45 pm by Nate6595

» A Game of Cat and… Rabbit?
A Hidden Room in a House of Cards - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 12:23 pm by Nate6595

» Huntsman
A Hidden Room in a House of Cards - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 14th 2024, 6:06 am by ProwlerKnight

» Taliesin
A Hidden Room in a House of Cards - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2024, 2:26 am by Arcana

» Willy the Whale
A Hidden Room in a House of Cards - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:30 pm by inquisitor

» Urban Commandos
A Hidden Room in a House of Cards - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:13 am by ProwlerKnight

» Jessica Albert
A Hidden Room in a House of Cards - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2024, 3:26 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
A Hidden Room in a House of Cards - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 10:36 pm by Vorik

Top posting users this week
ProwlerKnight
A Hidden Room in a House of Cards - Page 2 I_vote_lcapA Hidden Room in a House of Cards - Page 2 I_voting_barA Hidden Room in a House of Cards - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Nate6595
A Hidden Room in a House of Cards - Page 2 I_vote_lcapA Hidden Room in a House of Cards - Page 2 I_voting_barA Hidden Room in a House of Cards - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Cynical_Aspie
Cobalt

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

A Hidden Room in a House of Cards

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Hidden Room in a House of Cards - Page 2 Empty Re: A Hidden Room in a House of Cards

Post by Slamfist January 29th 2011, 8:37 pm

"Well a gauge of true intelligence is hard to come by. I meant purely experience, I have no doubt you'd give me a run for my money if it came down to it though so don't take offense." Gregor adjusted his weight as he waited for Bliss and the newcomer to finish talking as well. "It's hard to find new things to invent though, that's why I pretty much stick to weaponry. Other people working on medicine who are probably better at it than I am, like that Gary guy that developed all of those vaccines. Let the scientists in their labs deal with saving the world from disease, I'll save it from the assholes and warlords."

Slamfist
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 1686
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

A Hidden Room in a House of Cards - Page 2 Empty Re: A Hidden Room in a House of Cards

Post by VivaLaCult January 29th 2011, 9:33 pm

Percvial let out a bow towards Eclipse, "The name is Apex" he said in a raspy voice that was tinged with a timid person, as though he wasn't sure who Bliss was talking to, or even if she was talking to him if it was okay to speak up.

"The queen sent me." he wouldn't elaborate anymore on the situation yet, the key to this guise, would be a less assertive person, he needed to come off as timid, someone that would fit as a pawn in the Thrones. "However I may be of service." as Percival spoke he felt a surge of cosmic energy rush through his body, Percival averted eye contact, looking at the ground he could feel the energy well up in his eyes as they flashed silver.

If anyone saw this it would be a potential giveaway, so he would try to keep this hidden. Percival kept his eyes on the ground, making it seem like he was avoiding eye contact due to a more shy persona. Pericval kept quiet as the others spoke, the personality he chose would also dodge opportunity to talk.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A Hidden Room in a House of Cards - Page 2 Wat12
VivaLaCult
VivaLaCult
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 1587
Job : Killing people with my BEAR HANDS
Humor : buckets and buckets of dead people

Back to top Go down

Post by Bliss January 30th 2011, 2:22 am

A knock came at the door as Brainiac and Gregor conversed amongst themselves. Bliss began walking towards the door, blowing by "Apex." "God Dammit with the higher ups and their intrusions. Chelle is sending people, I still don't know where Percy will show up..." She looked through the peephole to see a man with his hand on his belt. He better be reaching for a pistol and not something else. She thought about calling Apex to open the door just to cut down on the chances he would shoot her, but this man must have received the message and knew what to expect. She walked back towards the computers and sat down, turning herself to face the door. She telekinetically popped the mechanism on the door and it slowly opened, not a very good sign of quality of the door. "Welcome, please enter and close the door behind you." She turned back around to face the computer. "I sent out a message to many people; only you were able to decipher the coding in the allotted time to get here. Before you lies a man who just recently died, but is now under the effects of a necromantic comatose." God, I love the sound of that. "I brought this poor soul back to life, with this device. He can only live within this device, and he is subject to half life decay, but its better than being a corpse. He is neither dead, nor alive, but we can examine him, so go to Hell Shrodinger. You can ask him for yourself when he shows enough signs of life to communicate with us. Dying's not hard, but living to tell about it certainly has caused a problem in the past. We're going to fix that."

"My last moments, but..." A distorted look came across the realm he viewed. He focused his eyes as his emotions became distraught with the image of a woman he loved came through his head. "I remember someone now. I remember a wife." He stood to his feet, still holding Dr. Sakimoto's hand. "I had a wife, and a laboratory." Bliss implanted a coding that changed his view of how his death occurred. "I loved one so much, I spited the other. I loved one so much I sacrificed the other. I sacrificed her to it." He stood and starred at the false metropolis that surrounded him. He felt a tugging at his heart, and remembered the final catharsis of suicide that played out in his head. "I couldn't stand to be with myself with what I had done. I remember working on an entanglement theory, but if that's the reality of this...then, I will never escape this Hell. I must leave, I must find a way to remove my mind and what I have done." He grabbed Dr. Sakimoto by the shoulders. "You must help me. I'm alone in here. I cannot be alone, I either need to be dead or alive, but I cannot be within this unaltered state of life."

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Bliss

Mitsy's Boutique

-<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>-

A Hidden Room in a House of Cards - Page 2 D3d4aa511c4d025601eecb3540adc5f1

-<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>-
Bliss
Bliss
Owner
Owner

Quote : I'm pretty much the Captain Kirk of this place when I'm not too busy being the Han Solo.

Number of posts : 2166
Job : Exerter of feminine "Whiles"
Humor : [16:00:27] devistation : bliss you only bann me because you are scared you use your moderator powers to get rid of people u know is right but hate because they are right but if anything there is treatment for your disease of being scared of better people so you should go by some have fun bye bye
Registration date : 2010-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Slamfist January 30th 2011, 12:29 pm

Gregor snapped his attention back to Bliss when she began talking. He was fascinated by her work, to say the least, and theoretical physics was always a fun subject. To actually achieve a Schrodinger's cat was quite a feat, and he chuckled when she mentioned the physicist by name. He waited for her to finish talking before speaking up himself. "First off, I'd like to say that if it's possible, you're even more attractive when you're talking sciency. Secondly, how are we going to solve this problem? Third, where'd you get the body? I assume it has something to do with the blood stain and i really hope it was some asshole that you killed. Lastly, do you have a working representation of Maxwell's Demon around here? I'd really like to see some scientific laws trashed."

Last edited by Gregor on January 30th 2011, 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Slamfist
Slamfist
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 1686
Job : Student
Humor : More inside jokes than should be allowed

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackOut January 30th 2011, 3:04 pm

Mars stepped through the door his left hand still resting on his gun. Mars quickly scanned beside the woman who was speaking with him the were three other men standing around her. They all seemed some what formidable but the didn't seem to have anything against him, so he hoped it would remain that way. The apartment itself was no more than you would have expected from looking at the rest of the building. There was fresh blood stains on the carpet Mars raised his eyebrow surprised, he assumed they were from the man in the tank. Walking up to the tank where the man who "under the effects of a necromantic comatose" Mars bent down to look him in the face.

"So is that why I'm here?" he said walking around the apartment meticulously studying his surroundings. "You need someone to make sure he doesn't talk, or did you want someone with experience in the area of dying and being brought back to life" He said rubbing the scar on his chest again with his right hand, his left still securely on his gun. "Judging by those blood stains though I'd say he was not dead nearly as long as I was." He said returning to the man in the tank "On a less morbid note though, I assume since you knew how to contact me then you did some research me." he said still staring at the tank "You also are quite bright so you should know that my next question will be, what am I getting out of this? I don't do this just to help out the damsel in distress anymore, no matter how beautiful she may be." Mars smiled glancing up toward the woman briefly and then returning his gaze back to the man in the tank. He would like to speak to him when he was able, honestly he was quite interested in this.

Spoiler:
BlackOut
BlackOut
Post Mate
Post Mate

Number of posts : 163
Job : Rockstar
Registration date : 2010-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Bliss February 4th 2011, 6:13 pm

"Getting more to the point I see." Bliss stayed rested in her swivel chair. "I may be lacking in damsels-in-distress and funds, but the coffer where I got the resources in this room is another matter." She tapped her finger against the table that held the computers. "Now, as for background information, you don't just get resurrected in a lab without them leaving a trail, and with my little computer I found the information they kept on you. With those little nano-bots you have, and the amazing job these documents say, you may be the most interesting person in this room right now."

She opened up a folder on the left laptop. The contents held the information from the laboratory that hosted Mars after his incident. "The right laptop keeps the structure of the quantum computer and allows us to communicate and control the situational environment inside the device, and the left compiles the data that I have stolen with the quantum computer." She turned her attention back to her inventing friends. "Where did I get my body? Oh." She put his message into context. "Bad neighborhood, I heard gunshots and didn't ask questions when I found a guy with a bullet in his chest. Telekinesis helps alleviate some of the weight and I managed to keep the blood molecules together in his body to prevent to bad of a trail of blood. I'm sure that inside that device I could rig up a way to put all the laws of science out of the way."

Bliss

Mitsy's Boutique

A Hidden Room in a House of Cards - Page 2 D3d4aa511c4d025601eecb3540adc5f1

Bliss
Bliss
Owner
Owner

Quote : I'm pretty much the Captain Kirk of this place when I'm not too busy being the Han Solo.

Number of posts : 2166
Job : Exerter of feminine "Whiles"
Humor : [16:00:27] devistation : bliss you only bann me because you are scared you use your moderator powers to get rid of people u know is right but hate because they are right but if anything there is treatment for your disease of being scared of better people so you should go by some have fun bye bye
Registration date : 2010-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Ihendrenos February 10th 2011, 10:53 pm

((OOC: Sorry for the late response- just had dental surgery and with all the jaw pain I could barely concentrate on anything for the last week or so.))

The insect’s whining was beginning to grate her nerves— she didn’t care about his life-story… she only wanted information about the digital transference device. AERIS took hold of Dr. Fokukama’s hands upon her shoulders and gently drew them off, resisting the urge to dissect his code one line at a time until he was reduced to insane, gibbering lunacy.

”Calm down…I will help you… I will give you want to ask for, I promise…” She let go of his hands and thought silently to herself, …and then I shall hang your bleeding meat carcass upon the walls of my throne room for decoration. AERIS then pointed to a towering citadel not too far away, a few city-blocks distant— a giant black spire that surpassed the cloud-layer and cast its long shadow far over every other structure present. ”There I will have the means to trace the path you took through the Net— back to your body— as well as hopefully create a means of reversing the digitization process that brought your consciousness into this realm. It shouldn’t take more than a few moments with the resources there to trace the path your data took before I called it here— and even if you can’t fully remember the equations you used, with a bit of luck I should be able to remotely access the system of the transfer device you used to come here. We may be able to find the equations that way.”

She started towards the tower, pulling Dr. Fokukama along by the hand and weaving through the travelling programs that traversed the streets in human form.

”While we walk… try to concentrate on remembering all you can.”

-----

Whilst the pair traveled to the citadel, mere nanoseconds passed in the real world. Eventually, AERIS brought the doctor to a voluminous black chamber at a middle-point within the tower. Every surface was inlaid with neon green lights and the walls were covered in computer screens that displayed hundreds if not thousands of differing images. In the center of the room, there lay a monolithic throne-like chair of cold metal, surrounded by seemingly holographic images of numerous places, schematics, equations and computer code.

”This is it... I'm going to try and trace the path back to your body and the transference device. Feel free to tell me if you remember anything of use.” AERIS strode towards the throne, sitting down. With surprising speed, she manipulated the images and displays with her hands and a few verbal commands.
Ihendrenos
Ihendrenos

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2011-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackOut March 1st 2011, 2:21 pm

Mars stood up straight moving away from the man in the tank. He moved gracfully across the room leaning against the wall away from the other men. He withdrew his hand from his gun crossing arms across his chest and watching as Bliss spoke to the group. Apparently he had not been living as off the grid as he thought. Seeing as how Bliss was able to find out a lot of information about him with ease. Mars was beginning to feel more comfortable though. She was quite forth coming allowing him to believe that this was a legitimate assignment... or at least as close to legtimate as his line of work allowed.

"Well the I seems that now that we are acquainted we should get to work." He said still leaning against the wall. "So what exactly will we be doing?" he questioned, realizing that he was still not sure what exactly tis job entailed. "I'm assuming he has something to do with it." Mars motioned to the man floating in tank across from where he was standing.

Spoiler:
BlackOut
BlackOut
Post Mate
Post Mate

Number of posts : 163
Job : Rockstar
Registration date : 2010-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top