The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Santo Dorado
Micah Madland hero Application I_icon_minitimeToday at 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Captain Brigade
Micah Madland hero Application I_icon_minitimeToday at 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Graymoon Institue of the Empowered
Micah Madland hero Application I_icon_minitimeToday at 6:58 am by inquisitor

» Jack Hawthorne
Micah Madland hero Application I_icon_minitimeToday at 6:55 am by inquisitor

» Speedrun
Micah Madland hero Application I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:39 am by Arcana

» Frontline

» Revenant

» Fusion Frenzy
Micah Madland hero Application I_icon_minitimeToday at 12:46 am by ProwlerKnight

» Pleasant Point
Micah Madland hero Application I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:01 pm by Zonkes

» Homefront (Lore Submission)
Micah Madland hero Application I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 2:28 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
Micah Madland hero Application I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 2:26 pm by inquisitor

» The birds of expedience
Micah Madland hero Application I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:45 am by Cerek

Top posting users this week
Arcana
Micah Madland hero Application I_vote_lcapMicah Madland hero Application I_voting_barMicah Madland hero Application I_vote_rcap 
inquisitor
Micah Madland hero Application I_vote_lcapMicah Madland hero Application I_voting_barMicah Madland hero Application I_vote_rcap 
ProwlerKnight
Cerek
Sage
Zonkes

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Micah Madland hero Application

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Micah Madland hero Application Empty Micah Madland hero Application

Post by sventhurstonXP March 25th 2017, 4:56 pm

Micah Madland

"Caramel Rolls are Too Sticky"

The Bio

Hero Name: Micah Madland
Title:
Alignment: Neutral Good
Race: White/Caucasian
Hair: Light Brown
Eyes: Blue
Height: 5' 9"
Weight: 180 lbs
Blood type: ...human?

The Looks

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The Personality

Micah is generally a happy person. Shy at first, but easy to warm up to most people. He is the kind of person who has a good judge of character, or at least thinks he does. He refuses to take things too seriously no matter how dire they may be. If you can't be a little sarcastic or ironic when doing something, then why do it? Of course in truth he doesn't joke to raise himself up, but to ease those around him. Maybe if he seems to be having an okay time dealing with the super serious thing then maybe others can find comfort in that. This can sometimes come off as offensive.

Micah wants nothing more to help others make this world a better place. Because of this he is almost instantly loyal to those that help him or others around him. Doing this proves that you are a decent human being and deserve a happy life just like everyone else does. This stems from his Christian faith.

The Story

Micah lived a normal Midwestern life growing up in Saint Paul Minnesota. He spent most of his life dealing with school, church life, and the fact that his home team would never have a winning record in his lifetime. However this changed one night on his way to the bathroom. It was maybe 1 am and he had gotten up to pee cause that's what you do at 1 am. He had a harder time than usual getting to the restroom however. He kept tripping over things that he didn't remember being there. He stood in front of the toilet eyes half open and did his biz, but he didn't hear the sound of a stream hitting water. Instead he her a sorta splattering noise. He opened to eyes to see he was missing the toilet by a bout 10 ft. He was standing on the ceiling, pee raining down to the bathroom floor. After tripping back through door frames and a comical late night waking his parents up, or down, or some direction he realized his powers.

Micah spent his year immediately after high school honing his powers with DARPA. His cousin worked there and Micah's father reached out to them. There they discovered a very long and uniquely condensed set of genes in his DNA, which they assumed is where his powers came from. It wasn't all creepy or manipulative as many superhero experiments go. Micah was seen as an investment to develop major technologies with NASA, the Army, and several other Government institutions. He would spend most of his days testing his powers and being monitored.
Then DARPA decided they wanted to use him in the field. Micah was excited about this! DARPA had found several other super humans for their initiative, and Micah was all about helping people. He was given a suit that helped him monitor his abilities in the field,a team to work with, a stipend to buy...superhero stuff? (he guessed?)

However after a few missions with DARPA he started to get a sour feeling in his stomach. Sure they were helping people, but not everyone. Micah wasn't allowed to divert from any part of the missions. He couldn't help anyone who wasn't a "high priority" according to his team leader. After saving a civilian from a crumbling house one time, Micah was reprimanded for leaving his team. It was bullshit. Micah realized that saving the world was not the only way to save the world. So late one night Micah geared up, and crashed a hole through the roof of the facility where he was living.
He left a note for his leader: "Your cape is dumb."

It has been about 2 years since micah cut most ties with DARPA and his old team. Every now and then his old leader reaches out to him to come back, but he has refused every time and will continue to do so. And since the entire US government hasn't come after him they must not be too mad right? Micah prefers it this way. he can help anybody regardless of who they are. He can team up with anybody else who may need help. He also gets to live at home which is good for him since bigger cities are way too crowded for his liking. Any nothing really bad ever happens in Minnesota, right?

The Priority

1. Endurance
2. Strength
3. Reaction
4. Agility

The Powers

Gravity Manipulation
Micah has the ability to manipulate the strength, and orientation of the gravity immediately around him. While he can't create a black hole, he can increase the gravity around him to up to 5 times that of Earth's standard gravity as well as lower it so that there is no gravity at all. By lowering gravity he can  leap in bounds and "fall". Increasing the gravity collapses most metals or non-flexible materials. The normal person may also have a harder time standing near him.
He can also determine which way is down for him. He could walk on the ceiling casually, or perpetually fall parallel to the planet.
These powers are only personal. It acts as a field around him which he controls, and at most extends only about 2-3ft away from his body. This field is not directional and requires concentration to manipulate.

Durability
His body has adapted to handle these inhuman levels of gravity. Because of this he is able to withstand high amounts of blunt force such as falling a few stories, or getting back up from a meta-human punch with super strength. He would also feel comfortable in such conditions as being in the deep ocean alone.

The Weaknesses

Micah is not impervious. His skin is not impenetrable or any such thing like that. If he is not maintaining his field, or caught off guard he could easily be shot or cut by any ordinary weapon.

Micah is more durable than he is fast. Manipulating his field happens within a few seconds, but he can only react as fast as the normal human. His gravity field makes him appear to be much stronger or faster than anyone else, but in truth he's not. He is mostly just a normal human.

The Items

Besides you know, clothes and all that, Micah has one important item. It is a suit of armor that was developed specifically for him and his powers. This armor is less protective, and more helpful. The helmet has a HUD which monitors how much gravity he is exerting, which way is currently up, and his regular vitals.
This armor can be penetrated by any gun more powerful than a regular pistol if Micah is not using his field.

The Fluff

His field is not something immediately visible. You can see the physical effects happening, but you would feel it first before seeing an actual "field" around him.

The RP Sample

[From a previous story I have been writing]
The view from inside Micah’s helmet was busy. The micro cameras that covered the outside plating gave him a crystal clear picture, but some of his normal cone of vision got obscured by vital readings, weather conditions, and how much gravity he was manipulating. He was perched on a street light which overlooked the shittiest bus station he had ever seen. He was reading at about 88 Newtons, or about a ninth of Earth’s natural gravity. If someone punched him right now he would go flying. Luckily he was the only person perched on street lights at this hour.
“Did you read the dossier?” Evelyn’s voice came in clear through the speakers in his helmet. “He is a very powerful telekinetic.”
“Yeah. They want him alive too?”
“That’s correct. He’s to be brought back for questioning.”
“That’s weird.”
“Weird?” Evelyn was confused at Micah’s choice of adjective.
“Yeah weird.” Micah stood on the lamp, “I mean, if this kid is such a threat why ain’t a bigger player going after him? And who the hell is this Clayton guy he’s with? Some two-bit treasure hunter that’s not even on our radar. But that’s not even the weirdest part.”
Evelyn was hesitant to ask, “What is the weirdest part?”
“Why the hell are they in Madison Wisconsin of all places?!” Micah stretched out both his arms as he yelled inside of his helmet. This would have blown his cover, but his external microphone was turned off. Nobody noticed the over dramatic robot.
“You don’t need to yell.”
“I know,” Micah said with no hint of dramaturge. “Alright Evelyn I’m going in. Tell Thomas the apple is falling.” Micah stepped off of the lamp and slowly descended down to Earth. He softly touched down and brought his gravity field back to match the normal rate of the planet.

Application created by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | This code is open-source and available for free use.

sventhurstonXP
sventhurstonXP

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 2
Job : Student
Humor : Subjective
Registration date : 2017-03-24

Back to top Go down

Micah Madland hero Application Empty Re: Micah Madland hero Application

Post by Bliss March 26th 2017, 4:23 pm

Approved

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

-<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

-<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>-
Bliss
Bliss
Owner
Owner

Quote : I'm pretty much the Captain Kirk of this place when I'm not too busy being the Han Solo.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 2166
Job : Exerter of feminine "Whiles"
Humor : [16:00:27] devistation : bliss you only bann me because you are scared you use your moderator powers to get rid of people u know is right but hate because they are right but if anything there is treatment for your disease of being scared of better people so you should go by some have fun bye bye
Registration date : 2010-11-18

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top