The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Jager
Dawn of the Final Day - 24 Hours Remaining - - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeToday at 5:35 am by ProwlerKnight

» Fusion Frenzy
Dawn of the Final Day - 24 Hours Remaining - - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:46 am by ProwlerKnight

» Huntsman
Dawn of the Final Day - 24 Hours Remaining - - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:06 am by ProwlerKnight

» Trigger
Dawn of the Final Day - 24 Hours Remaining - - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 13th 2024, 1:06 am by ProwlerKnight

» Taliesin
Dawn of the Final Day - 24 Hours Remaining - - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2024, 2:26 am by Arcana

» Willy the Whale
Dawn of the Final Day - 24 Hours Remaining - - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:30 pm by inquisitor

» Urban Commandos
Dawn of the Final Day - 24 Hours Remaining - - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:13 am by ProwlerKnight

» Jessica Albert
Dawn of the Final Day - 24 Hours Remaining - - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2024, 3:26 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Dawn of the Final Day - 24 Hours Remaining - - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 10:36 pm by Vorik

» Santo Dorado
Dawn of the Final Day - 24 Hours Remaining - - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Captain Brigade
Dawn of the Final Day - 24 Hours Remaining - - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Graymoon Institue of the Empowered
Dawn of the Final Day - 24 Hours Remaining - - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 6:58 am by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
ProwlerKnight
Dawn of the Final Day - 24 Hours Remaining - - Page 2 I_vote_lcapDawn of the Final Day - 24 Hours Remaining - - Page 2 I_voting_barDawn of the Final Day - 24 Hours Remaining - - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Cobalt
Dawn of the Final Day - 24 Hours Remaining - - Page 2 I_vote_lcapDawn of the Final Day - 24 Hours Remaining - - Page 2 I_voting_barDawn of the Final Day - 24 Hours Remaining - - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Cynical_Aspie

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Dawn of the Final Day - 24 Hours Remaining -

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dawn of the Final Day - 24 Hours Remaining - - Page 2 Empty Re: Dawn of the Final Day - 24 Hours Remaining -

Post by Demonhunter May 8th 2023, 8:10 pm

The carnage amongst the city only began to bloom as Damien drew closer. His hordes of demons, void beasts, and, most of all, reavers in tow, razed the city as they went. These monsters were much more coordinated than the nightmares Jack had unleashed. The reavers and monsters not preoccupied with the city's saviors were on a search-and-destroy mission. Instead of destroying infrastructure, they clawed their way through windows and doors, carefully selecting targets and slaughtering anything older than a toddler. The infants found themselves swept away, but alive and relatively unharmed. After procuring the valuable objective, the demons and beasts quickly returned to the desert through the portals to Dis. The small group of scouts, demons, and monsters was getting soundly defeated by the three heroes. Just as a reaver was about to charge into battle, it abruptly halted, making an about-face. However, the demons weren't all that intelligent. They continued to relentlessly assault the heroes, with new attackers joining the fray in a semi-coordinated manner as each one fell.

Meanwhile, the main ranks of reavers, armed with lances, and the backline of scouts continued their advance. Another scout hurried down the main street, riding as fast as his horse would carry him. "Dam'ien! There's some resistance ahead. Three Redbloods! One of them claims he's a god."

Damien's amusement triggered a boisterous laughter from the ranks of the reavers around him. "A god, you say? Well, someone quick, go inform the Pope!" The reavers responded with a resounding laughter, their swords beating against shields in approval and hooves stamping against the concrete as the riders urged their horses forward. The heavily armed dreadnaughts swiftly moved to the front of the ranks, creating a mobile wall of armor and bulk. The center reavers, led by Damien, charged ahead slightly, without compromising the integrity of their formation. This change allowed a safe area for the lighter and more agile scouts to ride.

As the scout had reported, three individuals were locked in battle with their demons, while a few of Damien's reavers were in stasis to regenerate, scattered around the fray. "Scouts!" Damien barked, prompting the archers behind him to rise in their saddles, crouching low and preparing arrows shimmering with crackling magic. Simultaneously, they launched the arrows into the air, which arced and screamed through the wind. On their downward descent, the arrows exploded, multiplying into hundreds, then thousands of smaller arrows each. The sky was momentarily cloaked in shadow as they rained down.
The tactic was reminiscent of a Roman bombardment, a strategy Damien had learned in his early life. By bombarding enemies with arrows, stones, and ballista bolts, they became more vulnerable to subsequent attacks. Damien was confident, but he wasn't foolish enough to risk his entire army. Dis was powerless to stop him, but this world didn't seem defenseless. He quickly examined souls to identify his primary targets. One soul pulsated like a rabbit's heart, complete with ears—a girl. Another woman was currently obliterating a second-generation reaver. And then there was a brighter, more anger-inducing soul. These must be his "gods."

"Heavies, continue the ravaging. Scouts, keep the bombardment going. Fan out," Damien growled, urging Zagan forward as he broke away from his dreadnaughts, who were charging off to cause more chaos. His scouts scattered, their horses carrying them past the group, some taking potshots at the enemy as they rode by. Arrows crackled with magic as they streaked through the air, embedding themselves deep into their targets.

"It's hilarious, really," Damien's voice rang out, devoid of any booming quality, but sounding rather weary instead. "My people have suffered for centuries, only for God to show up when we rise above the filth they've cast us in?" His tired tone transformed into bubbling rage as Damien dismounted from Zagan's saddle, dissolving into sulfur and powdered glass. His boots hit the cement with a shattering weight and impact.

His eyeless helmet slumped to the side, its horns grazing his pauldron with the grating noise of fingernails on a chalkboard. Warhammer firmly gripped in his plated gauntlet, crackling with concussive magic, he advanced, heedless of any incoming attacks, trusting his scouts to provide suppressing fire to a significant extent. His sights were set on the bright soul as the scouts began to concentrate their fire on Yang and Mel. The two weaved around each other—whenever one knocked an arrow, the other would swoop in for a drive-by shot. Twelve archers in total, working in perfect coordination.

Meanwhile, Damien made the first move, moving faster than anyone clad in platemail had any right to be, and brought his warhammer crashing upward, aiming to strike the godling under the chin if he was kind enough to stay still. Either way, the reaver was more than willing to try again on the back swing.

Demonhunter
Post Adept
Post Adept

Number of posts : 342
Registration date : 2020-05-01

Back to top Go down

Dawn of the Final Day - 24 Hours Remaining - - Page 2 Empty Re: Dawn of the Final Day - 24 Hours Remaining -

Post by Casmaudius May 10th 2023, 5:26 pm

Soon as he leapt into action the other two also joined him. Clashing with the strange creatures, pale skinned with odd black markings that snaked across that pale canvas. One by one the riders were reduced to ash, clouds that rose into the air and then faded to nothing.  Cas couldn’t help feeling something, a certain kind of pity towards them but they were attacking people. They had even attacked him, which meant they were willing to kill. Especially with how accurate the strikes were. If he were a human each one would have been a kill shot.

”I’m fine,” Cas noted, looking down to his palm. The weapon had shore through the armor, and cut the palm, though the skin was already beginning to close up.  That didn’t keep it from stinging, a subtle pain that made his breath his between his teeth. The two of them proved their prowess, casually defeating a number of demons as well as the strange people that were using them as mounts and attack dogs. The woman with rabbit ears seemed to scoff at him, though he was quite used to that kind of thing. He’d gotten over the reaction, instead just rolling his eyes and looking forward.

”I am,” He responded simply, fingers clenched around the hilt of his weapon and looking over the people arrayed before them. Not as many before but they were all equally ready to fight he could imagine. Zeal within their eyes, as if they were willing to die for whatever cause was driving them. His attention however quickly snapped to something else, an approaching darkness that reminded him of someone.

His sister? It wasn’t the same however, different in texture and the dread that it made him feel. The way it made the hair stand up on the back of of neck. Reflexively he turned towards the source,  gripping his great moonlit sword with both hands and hefting it.  Arrows focused on the other two and yet ignored him, as if this darkness had picked him out in particular. Without even thinking, he raised the weapon and the next thing was the blunt edge of the sword slamming into his face.

Pain blossomed from the point of contact, followed by the sensation of slamming into something.  It took him a second to realize he had been knocked into a building, the taste of blood welling up in his mouth. Cas looked down, seeing the street dizzily below him. He wiped the back of his hand across his mouth, coming back with gold liquid smeared across the metal.

With a sigh, he quickly went into a ready position. The building wasn’t able to withstand the intense pressure of his jump. Shattering around him, along with the sonic boom that followed. Few beings could follow this speed, something that transcended sound itself.  Within less than a second he would be standing next to Damien, his weapon coming around  and aimed for the neck. This man was dangerous, something within him said if he didn’t kill him he would go on to destroy everything. Should the attack be deflected or blocked, he would follow through with a flurry of slashes too fast for any human eye to follow.
Casmaudius
Casmaudius

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2017-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Yang S. May 22nd 2023, 4:23 pm

For a moment it seemed the trio had earned a bit of respite. Though they had vanquished their foes rather quickly, the succession in which they were attacked would have overwhelmed a normal person. Unfortunately for their enemies, these three were anything but normal. Seeing the smoke rise up into the air as the only lingering sign that an opponent once stood there. Yang would let out a small sigh as her blast of energy had done what it was intended to do. Though the safety and rescue of the civilians here were top priority, she was hoping to find something or someone that would have posed somewhat of a challenge.

“Anyone else hear that?” Yang would remark as the subtle sound of rolling thunder filled the air. However, this was no thunder. As yang focused on the horizon she could make out the silhouette of a veritable hoard barreling towards them. It didn’t take long for the faint glimmer from the magical arrows to catch her eye as they arched skyward. What seemed like only a couple hundred at first, soon splintered into thousands, then tens of thousands. So that was how it was going to be huh? She thought to herself.

Up until this point Yang had been putting much of her brute physical strength on display but perhaps it was time to play around with some finesse and technique. She’d make an attempt to reach out and seize the arrows, assuming that the glow she saw was some form of energy. When the arrows failed to heed her command she was assured that it was indeed a type of energy…magic. She sighed to herself. She’d didn’t have much time to sulk however, she needed to keep her companions safe. With her hand raised to the sky she would make a second attempt to halt the raid of arrows, this time catching a majority of them. Thin rings of light would instantly appear around the shafts of the arrows, clamping down on them and holding them in place. Though this worked for a majority of the arrows, she could not capture them all. Far more made it through than she would have liked, especially as one of the arrows she failed to grab whizzed right by her, leaving a lengthy cut in her outstretched forearm.

As if this wasn’t enough, a sizeable group from the approaching hoard road farther ahead than the rest, arriving just as Yang had halted the rain of arrows. This smaller contingent had what Yang could only assume was their leader. A large armored figure who towered over his subordinates. It was apparent from the moment they arrived, he had some sort of vendetta for Cas, and while Yang wanted to leap in to assist, there was still the matter of the swarm of arrows she was still holding onto.

A sudden sharp pain would shoot throughout Yang’s body. Her eyes would shift to her side where a freshly fired arrow found itself embedded just below her ribs. While it wasn’t enough to bring her down, and she had most certainly felt worse in the past, this only set out to annoy her. It seemed their enemy wanted to overwhelm them through a constant barrage of attacks and a sheer numbers advantage and so Yang felt it was time to thin the heard. Swinging her outstretched hand downward, the small discs holding the rain of arrows in place, would turn into a blinding golden shower of energy beams that would in a sense return the favor the hoard had sent the trios way.

With that out of the way she could focus on the riders that now circled her and Melody.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Characters
Spoiler:
Yang S.
Yang S.

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2019-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nate6595 June 10th 2023, 3:29 pm

Melody had to cover her mouth at remark about calling the pope, quickly stifling out a laugh that tried to break free. It was funny and she hated that their enemy had made such a remark. There would be no time to snap back at  Reavers, their counterattack was already in progress.

Melody's eyes widened at the sudden barrage of arrows that was about to rain down on them like a sharpened hailstorm. She was doing the math in her head...how much energy she had stored up, how much she'd be able to resist, how much force she could exert after. It would take a lot, but she might be to just pull it off long enough too-

It was a non-issue.

As always, Yang had her back and most of the arrows were blocked. The ones that made it past the barrier or field that she created were easy enough to dodge and the ones that did hit were manageable. Her shielding would hold for now. Still, there was some different about these arrows. Even as they seemed to bounce off of her, there was a sensation after. Pain welled up from where they hit. It was far from what was needed to bring her down, but...it was bruising her? Hurting her. Too many of these and she'd go down.

Her fist clentched and she turned her mind elsewhere. It didn't matter if they could bring her down, she'd just have to bring them down first.

Energy surged through her body, crackling off her in sparking bands. Yang could cover the archers, the riders she could handle. "Dibs! Can't let you take all the glory, Yang!" She called again, giving her friend a thumbs up. Then, she was suddenly propelling herself forward in a leap towards the nearest rider. Right before impact with the horse that they rode, she set a hand on its neck and swung around, delivering a swift, energized kick to the riders gut, sending the demon flying back and crashing into a near building. In another bound of energy she was leaping towards the next rider, crashing into them and knocking them off the mount.

When she stood up over the body she just knocked over she grimaced.

This would take too long. She was good with grouped up targets or just one on one. Spread out like this though...she needed to do some rash and dangerous, and thankfully, the area should be clear from civilians. There wouldn't be any left with this much action going on and ears didn't pick up on anything notable...

"You two! Careful, gonna cause a quick quake!" She called out to Cas and Yang.

And that was all the warning they'd get.

She'd get down low, the orange energy that flowed through seemed to gather and build up in her legs making them glow and crackle. In a sudden bound she up in the air, a glowing ball of energy that kept on building with the momentum. Then, suddenly she coming down again! A blast of energy that exploded outward from her impact, sending a shockwave of that energy across the ground! The ground would crack and shake at the sudden impact, disrupting and jutting up several bits of the ground around them in a wide radius. If the shockwave of energy wasn't enough to knock over rider and horse, the terrain would at least now be difficult for them to traverse.

That had taken up a good bit of energy, but she still had some more to spare.

She looked around, trying to spot her allies and make sure they hadn't been caught in that blast.
Nate6595
Nate6595
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote : "Let me be your friend, you jerk!"

Number of posts : 662
Job : Student
Humor : Everything!
Registration date : 2017-12-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Demonhunter June 13th 2023, 4:04 pm

The magnificent scent of golden god’s blood hit Damien the moment it was spilled. It only served to earn a pleased huff from the reaver as he readied his hammer again. He was advancing slowly, warhammer gripped tight as he poised to take a second concussive swing at the downed godling. Before he got close enough to swing again Cas had come thundering from the wreckage, going for the throat so to speak. Slashes chipping at his gorget protecting the underside of his helmet. A few slashes made it through but beneath it, chain mail took most of the abuse from the sword on the occasions the godling managed to slip the blade past the plate. A few slashes later he felt the legendary blade clip through his chain mail, working the rings loose and hitting even harder resistance as it bites into his skin.

“If it bleeds it is not a god. And if it bleeds, it can die.” Damien pushes forward, taking the slashes, letting the blade piece skin, hitting resistance the moment it sinks past the chainmail and into his flesh. Damien did not bleed, but rather smoke wells from the cut in the armor as he pushed further, invading Casmaudius’s space pushing his blade deeper through his throat as the laughter continued. His soul desperately wished to vacate his body, yet it held in, the black beast anchoring him in and letting him trudge on. He wheels back his hammer bringing it down once more with brutal force from the side, utilizing close proximity.

Meanwhile the ongoing battle was quickly turning to chaos. Yang’s energy beams pierced riders off their horses and forced the reavers into a healing stasis as their horses turned to sulfur and dust with them. And Mel had dispatched one of the horsemen’s horses, sending him into the ground with such force he too had to heal. Then the terrain tearing itself apart, forcing the riders to back up for now and think twice about swinging back in to take more pot-shots at them. Then again, they were reavers.. Thinking twice was not their strong suit. The only thing reavers were good at was being absolutely relentless. The reavers who remained were slowed and forced to come in a bit closer, others choosing to dismount, drawing short swords and bum rushing the pair, but daring not to interfere with the manifestation of Damien’s grudge against humans and the deities that favor them.

Meanwhile Damien’s response to the shredding terrain was to dig in. His boots solid against the ground choosing to halt his advancement and fortify rather than risk the incoordination Mel’s sudden rearrangement would definitely cause. He however takes a deep breath. Damien had originally planned on dealing with Cas first out of sheer headstrong rage, but seemed they were a package deal and his friends were doing a rather solid job of taking down his reavers. He knew his own kind well enough to know if he didn’t do something quickly, his men would just continue to throw themselves at this wall for nothing. His heavy soldiers could be heard in the background raising hell, but not near quickly enough. Damien needed all the forces he had on causing as much havoc as could be mustered. The exhale was long and a thick green haze leaked from beneath the helmet and rolled out amongst the ground, building. It corroded every soul it would touch turning it into malleable dust. Each Reaver that was after Mel and Yang froze at the sound, quickly backing away, leaving the allies that had already fallen behind.

His hoard fled, choosing to wreak havoc elsewhere while the quake stopped and Damien continued his march forward, spreading the rapidly expanding soul sucking fog with him as he went. “Come on. You all want to fight? We’ll all fight.”

Damien raises his hands in what seemed like bait to come closer, to bathe ones self in the fog of hell and risk their souls being rendered from their body and turned to dust… however the dust collected from the multitude of bodies, even some of his own reavers were finding their ways back to their corpses. People who’d died at the carnages start soon strained of all color, blood spilt receding back into old wounds and darkening to black as clouded eyes shoot open. The city was alive with the wails of the dead as their skin blossoms with black reaver’s markings and horns sprout from their skulls. All gripping their heads as if trying not to listen to whatever fresh hell Damien was weaving for them. Second generation reavers, forced into conscription and fighting in vain against Damiens control as they were forced up. Deadmen walking through the streets of Vegas and now turning on their own kind. The first reavers sit up as if shocked to be alive at all, yet overwhelmed with joy.

“The longer we fight. The more my army grows. You can just go ahead and join now, or get signed up at a later date. I am almost through with this city, but I wouldn’t mind getting three specially equipped reavers for the return trip to Dis.”

Thus all this was a glorified recruitment run. Fifty reavers, easily turned to three hundred and growing by the moment. He could feel his reavers cleaving whatever civilians left hiding in their homes, trying to evacuate or left barely alive by even Jack’s measures. The remnant calling to him as he stuffs their souls back into their bodies, power running on autopilot in the back of his mind as he readied himself for these three to hit back as the fog of the beast began to dissipate, leaving him open for more fighting. He grips his warhammer again, shaking his horned head in invitation.

“Have dibs on me too?” Damien taunts the bunny girl with a smirk, only hoping someone would take the bait.
Demonhunter
Demonhunter
Post Adept
Post Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Casmaudius June 14th 2023, 7:28 pm

Each strike against the mans armor did nothing more than chip away at the steel. What was it made of? Cas had seen the weapon sheer through defenses that would resist this worlds bullets, especially those that ripped through steel. It was a blade that could cleave through flesh that was even tougher and yet all he saw were small chinks within the armor. Despite that he didn’t slow down, nor did he falter in his immensely swift onslaught of blows. Easily too quick for a human to perceive, nothing more than golden blurs through the air followed by metal keening against crystallized moonlight. The fact he wasn’t even thrown off by the sheer strength behind the blows meant this was no bog standard demonic being attacking the city. Just the vantablack darkness he saw with his true sight was enough to reveal this man was dangerous.

When the blade struck flesh, it didn’t seem to do anything beyond amuse the man. The hammer came back and struck, a sideswipe that he was sure he didn’t want making contact.  Raising an arm he concentrated power within that arm, and felt the collision reverberate through his bones.  Metal cracking and sending the young god skidding to the side a few dozen feet. It made his arm feel numb for a moment, though sensation quickly returned and his attention snapped back to The Fell Reaver. ”You’ll find this god doesn’t  die easily to some easy demon,” Cas responded, gritting his teeth and conjuring his own divine power.

It manifested now as brilliant golden flames pouring from his left hand.  Heat rippling out wards from the point, and becoming a wave that swept outwards in an attempt to burn Damien away. For the moment he wasn’t thinking about preserving life, simply destroying the one responsible for this attack. How many humans would be lost by the hands of this butcher? He didn’t know but he also didn’t want to think about it. The others were fighting off many of his servants. Strange pale creatures that seemed human but also not.

Leaping back even further he noted a strange, undulating fog that crept outwards from the man. What was that? Cas furrowed his brows, watching the strange mist spreading outwards. Corpses twisted and contorted at this substances touch, becoming something else. Where souls lacked there was now a foul resemblance of life, something that made his stomach turn. What was he doing?

Whatever it was it made Cas angry, angrier than he had ever been before. He crouched low, barely keeping himself upright when the energy quaked the very ground itself. Slamming his blade into the ground helped a little, enough that he didn’t find himself thrown back even further. These pale, demonic looking corpses seemed to rise with jerking and animalistic movements. No words but with snarls and snapping noises. Whatever souls they had were changed beyond recognition.

He was going to kill this demon.

Cas raised a hand to the sky, sending out a bolt of brilliant lightning that flashed. ”You’ve made a mistake demon,” His voice was cold, and sharp like a blade. Thunder rumbled within the sky and lightning lit clouds forming above them. Then the first bolt struck. It cooked one of the second generation reapers black. More charcoal than creature now. It howled in agony and seemed to fall, soul unable to hold onto its vessel. More came down, bolts of divine retribution and some even targeting Damien.
Casmaudius
Casmaudius

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2017-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Yang S. June 21st 2023, 1:31 pm

It wouldn’t be long before Melody joined the fray, and she wouldn’t waste any time in not being shown up by Yang and Cas. This made the young Overseer smirk at her friends enthusiasm and ingenuity. The sudden quake twisted and bent the very earth, making it rough for the mounted soldiers to continue their pestering. Yang had flaoted into the air by this point to avoid the carnage, and from the small gain in height she had made, she could see that the city around them was in utter chaos. Screams filled the air, these reavers, whatever they were, swarmed about like locusts.

The sight angered Yang. This was taking to long. The more they stalled in bringing down the leader, the more people would suffer. That suffering was about to get much worse. Just as Yang was touching down, she noticed the sickly green haze leaking from the leaders body. It crept across the ground not unlike the mist that those eldritch abominations had unleashed earlier. So, with that in mind, Yang made an attempt to disperse the fog, thus making it a non issue for the trio. But as her energy swelled and the wind pressure dispersed, the fog did not move.

The fog persisted and moved with an unnatural cadence. It sought out the bodies and corpses that lay strewn about. So, their leader sought to supplement his losses by reanimating the dead? Yang posited that this was most certainly in response to how quickly their ranks had been thining, while engaged with her and the others. This did give Yang some information to work with, or at least an idea. If the fog needed bodies to reanimate, then simply get rid of the bodies. Meaning if Yang were to deal with the trash at any point she’d make sure there was nothing left of them to bring back to life.

This might have been a sound idea, but then Yang remembered there were still humans out there. People who were being killed by these fiends and then brought back to fight for an unworthy master. Could they be saved, or would Yang have to end them the same way? She shook her head. To much thinking, not enough punching. Especially when the leader of these fiends was calling them out. An unwise thing to do.

Today would be a day for many unnatural occurrences, as the energy pulsing from Yang would begin to turn hot and would only get hotter with every second. The asfualt beneath her feet began to melt and boil, the air around her grew heavy. Soon the energy would turn to fire and fully engulf their host. In a surge of radiance, Yang would transform. The young woman would emerge from the flames covered in a heavy armor, if one didn’t know better it would almost seem like she was intimidating their foe. Scarlet flames raged from the gaps in the armor at her wrists and ankles and a magnificent plume of fire radiated from the top of the helmet. The transformation had utterly liquified the area around her.

Yang’s burning eyes would lock onto their opponent. “Provoking us will be a mistake you might not live to regret. As Overseer of this world it is my duty to see such sickness be purged.” She growled.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Characters
Spoiler:
Yang S.
Yang S.

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2019-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nate6595 October 10th 2023, 12:54 pm

The sound of the screams, that dreadful wailing filled the air and for the girl with bunny ears, it took all she had not to join them. It was all too loud and she had to grab both ears with her hands as she jumped back, pressing her back against a ruined piece of debris to try and support herself up. Of course this villain of the week had to unleash something like that.

She breathed for a moment, trying to steady herself and tune it all out. As she did it gave her the moment to realize what all that screaming and wailing meant. Corpses rose into soldiers. More enemies. Using both the innocent and the damned for this infernal army.

Bastard. She had other, much colorful words and phrases, but in her rage they all sunk down deep and boiled in her stomach. Bastard was the only one light enough that it bubbled to the top of her head. She had to relax though. A hero played it cool, remained calm, always in the face of adversity and horror. Just think of something witty and move on.

Maybe this guy was a little more than just a villain of the week. Villain of the Month maybe.

Alright, she had to take this more seriously.

With a deep inhale, she lowered herself to the ground, pressing a fist to the ruined concrete. She breathed in and focused. Almost like an electric charge was running through her, her body began to crackle. Small bands of orange lightning began to spark off of her. She felt the heat rise in her chest, from her heart, and then surge around her as she felt the blood flowing in her veins. All that momentum building up, charging her.

She wouldn't be able to keep this up for very long, but she felt the power running through her. She could see it coming off of her in those sparks. And then, with an exhale, she stood back up and brushed herself off.

She was ready to go.

She looked up to Damien and matched his smirk, "Ha! Pah-lease! Yang might have a cooler, more aesthetically pleasing transformation, but..." Her fist clenched and that lightning seemed to surge for a moment and her voice grew a touch more serious, "You honestly don't want me to call dibs on you now."

Her eyes then flicked over to her allies, "Guys, I am gonna go for it."  And with a crouch, then a leap, she took off into the air, aimed straight for Damien.

"Hey Yang, if I start to fall can you catch me?" She called out, only now realizing that she couldn't really maneuver while she was midair.

She did her best to time it around the bolts headed for Damien so that if he tried to dodge one, then she'd be there to strike him. She attempted to slam her leg down on him with enough force and energy around it to stop a speeding freight train. She 100% was taking the bait, not even aware that she might have to might have to pay the consequences for it.
Nate6595
Nate6595
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote : "Let me be your friend, you jerk!"

Number of posts : 662
Job : Student
Humor : Everything!
Registration date : 2017-12-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Demonhunter October 11th 2023, 12:29 am

“Yes, anything murdering humans en masse must be a demon, how plebeian.” Damien grumbles in a huff. “Even a demon doesn’t have the perverse intuition to think up magic this profane. I am purely human made.” This had another wicked smile spreading before the reavers' helmed face as the masse of second generation reavers stood, clawing at their own skin that peeled away in bloody splinters. Flesh sloughing off to reveal flesh anew painted black with a reavers markings and wandering off to sew even more chaos.  All in all he had their full and undivided attention as Cas was going so far as to split the heavens for him, striking down his reavers and reducing souls to dust, sending the remnant back into the void to be stuffed back in once more later. The vessel may be destroyed but nothing stopped him from stuffing lost souls back into something, or someone else. As much as he despised mankind, he had to admit their magic was quite versatile in uses.

Thunder struck down having him wheeling back, that was definitely enough to deal some damage to him as was the approaching wall of holy fire. His soul flutters, anchored into his body by the beast, but still it shies away from the pyre. It only served to further anger Damien. He perks, though as Mel takes the bait thundering at him. His hammer dips back ready to meet the assault with a concussive blow aimed for her very soul.

He was to shatter her into the void and haul her back together again.

Until the gods wrath struck him from the skies. The lightning arcing through him, burning away one or two the inky tendrils tethering him into his own body. It earned a painful screech from within that seemed to be burning something else rather than damien as a piece of the beast recoils just a bit. That hurt enough to earn a low growl of pain and delay his brutal swing on Rabbit Punch as her kick landed squarely onto his helm, right between the horns. The reaver’s head snaps back, helmet clattering to the pavement and sending the reaver stepping back and taking a knee momentarily to recover.

The face of the monster revealed suspiciously human, his black hair shaved at the sides and tied back from his face fading to shades of gray then white towards the ends. From each flaming red eye were streaks of bloody tears of fury. From his throat were many cuts that bled smoke from Cas’s earlier onslaught with his sword and even dripped a bit of boiling blood onto the pavement. He was losing this fight no doubt, however the goal wasn’t necessarily to win right now… just to cripple. With a wave of an armored hands portals open from around the city and one mental command given to his reavers.

Go home and lay waste to Ravenna. I’ll meet you there.

Although the order was unspoken, his second generation reavers began to follow, mindlessly moving for the portals. The first generation reaver’s stop in their tracks and observe for a second, confused, however piecing together that they were to leave as well and making their moves back to Dis.

Damien coughs, blood steaming off the road, boiling then evaporating away. He was beyond wounded and was quickly finding the limits of his newfound power. Slaughtering humans was easy, taking on two redbloods and a god was shaking up to be difficult to say the least. It became clear that this world was the better defended of the two worlds and would take the most forethought to conquer. He rolls his shoulders back as a portal behind him shimmers into existence. Through the portal a peaceful Italian city, completely unaware of the upcoming siege as the peasant’s lives went on. However it would be a shame to leave now and let these three decimate his ranks. He had their attention and he had to keep it until his army made it through. Sure he was losing quite a few to the thunder, however that could be remedied later when he had the time to pull their dusted souls from the void and stuff them into some poor bastard he got his hands on in Dis.

He steps forward, rolling his shoulders and going for a straight assault on Mel, hammer swinging back and threatening to let go with perhaps the most brutal blow of the day. The wind whistled from his hammer as it threatened to send her clattering into the abyss. The hammer crashed down into Mel’s side like a croquet ball with enough force to crumple a submarine like paper. All his hate for humankind, all his rage and fury concentrated into one vengeful stroke only inhibited by the searing pain through his muscles from Cas’s smite. Enough to send her flying, but he’d calculated it out to send her right into Yang or at least into her liquifying vicinity. "Catch" Although far less weak to it as he used to be, Damien couldn’t help but recoil at the idea of getting fire near him again. Forcing her to incinerate her friend might get her to turn it down, he thought. Or at least incinerate the bunny girl and end up with one less combatant, both where feasible. “You wish I was a demon. If I were a demon, you wouldn’t have to face the reality that man can create a creature naturally inclined to love it and pervert that love into servitude. The sickness here is them and death is the cure”
Demonhunter
Demonhunter
Post Adept
Post Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top