The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Shakedown (Woof) I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Shakedown (Woof) I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Shakedown (Woof) I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Shakedown (Woof) I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Shakedown (Woof) I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Shakedown (Woof) I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Shakedown (Woof) I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Shakedown (Woof) I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Shakedown (Woof) I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
Shakedown (Woof) I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Shakedown (Woof) I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Shakedown (Woof) I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Tybrid
Shakedown (Woof) I_vote_lcapShakedown (Woof) I_voting_barShakedown (Woof) I_vote_rcap 
SicilianDragon
Shakedown (Woof) I_vote_lcapShakedown (Woof) I_voting_barShakedown (Woof) I_vote_rcap 
Vorik
Cynical_Aspie

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Shakedown (Woof)

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Shakedown (Woof) Empty Shakedown (Woof)

Post by Red November 12th 2017, 7:19 pm

The search for Lucas had been of little fortune. His son, being familiar with the many ways Lucius tracked people, had managed to avoid Rise's gaze for several weeks. There was little Red could do in the way of technology, so he ended up having to resort to picking up rumors in the underground. He had many ties to certain criminal and metahuman organizations, and thus had access to information even many governments didn't.

Fortunately, Lucius caught wind of a teenager manipulating a red energy in Chicago. If it was indeed Lucas, that meant his powers were fully active once again, and that was very, very bad. Red almost hoped it wasn't Lucas, despite wanting to be reunited with his son, but nonetheless he had to follow up on this lead. Many things were at stake, including people's lives.

Lucius triangulated the various sightings and points of activity he was told about, averaging it out. This method gave him about a block radius in which the red energy user was likely staying. He could be wrong, of course, but if the kid's logic added up with the math, then he would be somewhere in this area most of the time.

Red teleported in, full armor and all. The windy city blew his robes around, and the dim gray light reflected off his optics. He wanted to make this quick. Even if he had narrowed it down to a block, checking every nook and cranny would be time consuming. He had to grab Lucas' attention.... Or, you know, the attension of someone else using a red energy.

Red let out a massive pillar of red energy into the sky, lighting it up like a flash of lighting. No doubt everyone in the area would see it, and that meant the person he was looking for would as well. Heck, even if he wasn't in the area at the moment, seeing it on the news or what have you would most likely draw him in, considering this was more then likely close to his base of operations.

"Come on, Lucas......"

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Other Links:
I thought the price was my soul

That i need only give myself to reach my goal

Now i see that is not the cost

They'll all be taken

This deal was swindled, and i have lost
Red
Red
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "Natural Selection will force us into conflict either way. Only under Rise will that conflict be ordered, and with room for a future. The alternative is a catastrophic, global revolt of Inhumans."

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 1255
Job : Professional Asshole
Humor : Hurting feelings and killing parents since 2014
Registration date : 2014-09-11

Back to top Go down

Shakedown (Woof) Empty Re: Shakedown (Woof)

Post by Shadowoof November 13th 2017, 3:09 am

Jake was seated on a roof, overlooking a street. In his hands was the remaining funds from his... Time with Johanna. And it wasn't a lot. But he didn't have much time to complain about that, not when he was just thankful that he had it. It allowed him to eat, had allowed him to look for Samael, it had allowed a lot of things. But looking at what remained, Jake knew that his fortune was vanishing, and he'd start going hungry or without new clothes whenever he got his old ones torn thanks to some demon or something he ran into, not that he had been encountering many since that...

Pocketing the cash, Jake pulled out a piece of paper and an Idol, one of an ancient war goddess, the other an number that was very, very appeasing. Cause the person behind it was just... Interesting and fun and.. Jake let out a sigh and put the two items away, hating his situation at the current moment. He was left with nothing at this very moment, without a goal, without a mission. Now... He just needed something.

And like Malphas himself heard him, that something came with a bright, almost blinding light that beamed into the sky. The thing that called his attention the most about this brilliant red light, was the fact it was red, in fact, it was an energy like substance. Jake's memory was brought to his own hand for a second, as he thought about his own red like energy. Jake only knew of one other person who had an ability like that, an legend among all metas. But he wasn't the kind of person who would show off power like that...

Deciding whoever decided they wanted to show off such power, they must have been thinking not at all too brightly.. That or they wanted the attention such a show would bring, and seeing as how he wasn't terribly far away from it.. Well, that person was going to get that attention. Standing, Jake lunged off his building onto the next, repeating the procedure till the lean boy landed on a rooftop right next to the street the power came from. Running to the edge, Jake skid to a stop and looked over the edge, only too see... Holy hell did he see something.

The man below him was covered head to toe in armor, and the way his red energy looked... It reminded Jake so much of a very dangerous man, and as his thoughts raced to catch up with his mind. Jake's eyes widened in shock and even a sense of fear. "...Who... No.... Why..." Jake was at such a loss of words he hadn't even realized he called them out to the man below him... If this was the man... The Man. Then... Why the hell was Red here? No, this couldn't be Red. Red wouldn't spend the time to make a beacon in the middle of the street for all to see, that just... That made no sense to him. Red was meant to be all about logic, that was what everyone said about him... This wasn't logical.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The characters that my mind decided up because of various reasons easily gotten to for all of you people who like being lazy.

Characters of the wolf:
Shadowoof
Shadowoof
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : You know........... This is just kinda pointless

Number of posts : 1508
Job : I write and occasionaly mod
Humor : Gotta change this every few months
Registration date : 2014-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Red November 16th 2017, 2:47 am

This was, indeed, logical. There was nothing irrational or wrong about trying to get his lost son's attention. If someone dared actually confront Lucius about him doing something illegal, then they would not only get many spiteful words thrown their way, but they would also be wholly wrong. Today Red was not a dictator, not a criminal or a tyrant, but a father looking for his son. If he couldn't do that in a country that was supposedly based on freedom, then they had a very odd definition of what being free meant.

Rain drops bounced off Red's armor as he waited. Nobody showed for several minutes. Lucius in all honesty was beginning to doubt Lucas had seen his energy, or perhaps doubt the idea that his son would even come if he had noticed the beacon. It wasn't like the boy had reason to want to see him....... Red would wait another minute, and then turn to leave......

But that's when he heard a voice. The Rise Head stopped abruptly. It was coming from above him, and was clearly shocked. Not surprising, considering the fact Lucius didn't show himself in America often these days. Regardless, Lucius' interest was piqued. He spun on his heel, then looked up at the person watching him.  

What he saw was a boy that looked only a bit older then Lucas. The kid looked at him intently, surprised and perhaps a little frightened as well. Lucius started to calculate why this person would come toward his beacon. Sure, there was a chance this kid just ran toward the cool red thing to see what it was, but more likely this was somebody that could handle themselves—maybe even a meta. Another thing that was reasonable to assume was a heroic nature, considering one of that persuasion would want to protect the city from whomever made the beacon, but that wasn't yet concrete.

"......And what brings one so young to my presence?" Lucius said, his voice technologically by his mask. He took a few steps toward the boy. His movements were slow and deliberate.

"Granted, i was looking for a child, but not you.....Interesting how these things work," Red said, stopping abruptly. The dictator's optics stared into the boy, seemingly demanding answers. He wouldn't move a muscle until Jake next spoke.

Other Links:

They'll all be taken

Red
Red
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "Natural Selection will force us into conflict either way. Only under Rise will that conflict be ordered, and with room for a future. The alternative is a catastrophic, global revolt of Inhumans."

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowoof November 16th 2017, 11:32 am

Jake almost recoiled when the man turned towards him suddenly. His mask, his clothing. His presence. It felt all too real. Like Jake was meeting someone famous and that famous person had their eyes on him and him only. Jake tried to push assumptions away, could be a look alike. Could be anythi-

It was then when Red spoke, his voice... Jake almost had to know that this was the man. Red energy, suit... Eyes... He was walking closer, oh no. Jake closed his own eyes, listening to the mans words, taking them in. This he was good at, taking words and finding the meaning, the reason. Why he said them and what they meant and what he meant today... Today Red was looking for a child, someone young, most likely like them. But they were not looking for him and Jake couldn't tell if he should let out a sigh of relief or disappointment. This was Red. Who wouldn't find themselves torn.

Calmed down with his thoughts, Jake let out a breath and stared back at Red, all that fear, surprise and confusion gone, Jake was in business mode now, the kind of mode you took when not getting yourself killed when it came to demon lords. "I... I came. Because you let loose a beacon in the middle of nowhere. Because I didn't know if you were some idiot meta showing off or a threat to the people around here..." Jake laid it out, the truth. Didn't feel like he could even lie to the man as it was, just keeping his feet where they were was a difficult challenge. Looking brave was the biggest bloody challenge. But he couldn't get scared now, not when fricking Red stood below you.

Deciding he needed more then words, that he might freak out badly if he didn't act somehow, or maybe learn this person wasn't the real Red at all and that he'd been duped into thinking so... Even if he thought, no. Knew this had to be Red.

Focusing his right hand, Jake felt the crackle of energy as the red light that appeared whenever he called for it formed over his hand, bolts of it shooting from the coat covering his hand and forearm, vanishing before they connected to anything, but promising a erratic power now coated the boys hand. "And child looking or not... Red.. Or not. I won't let you off so easily if you are thinking of being a threat here." Jake stated, hoping his voice meant those words more so then his feelings. But he knew he had to keep to it. A guy who could summon that much power into one spot was a danger, Red or not, if he proved to be dangerous.. To anyone in this area, Jake had to be ready to act on it, to do anything. He had to be.

The characters that my mind decided up because of various reasons easily gotten to for all of you people who like being lazy.

Characters of the wolf:
Shadowoof
Shadowoof
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red November 16th 2017, 4:26 pm

In any other circumstance, Red would have simply walked away. But, this kid's display of power quite honestly shocked the dictator. No, he wasn't surprised by the level of power, but what it was. It was a brilliant crimson energy, not unlike his own. True it lacked a few things, evident by his scanning, but it was nonetheless a similar looking power, and one that looked just as erratic.

Red stiffled a chuckle. He couldn't help but muse to himself. He had come for a young man that could wield Red Energy, and he had found one, but it wasn't Lucas. Was this a coincidence or some sick joke? Either way, Red had to admit it was pretty funny.

"What is this, a shakedown? Put that away before you hurt yourself, " Red said as he took a step forward once again. His own energy swirled in his left hand now, spitting and crackling at the air. It was chaos, anger, but it was controlled. A perfect harmony of emotion and reason, just like the man who used it.

"I am a threat....... So are you. We all are. But that is something we can't control. Why fight someone for being something they have no choice in being?" Red's energy then shot out in all directions. Bolts of it shot out of the main body, connecting with anything it could at a speed that one wouldn't be wrong in calling that of light. It only took a fraction of a second, and the alley was alight with the harsh red energy...... But it didn't effect anything.

The energy had indeed made contact with the ground, the walls, the trash cans, and possibly even Jake, but it didn't instantly corrode those things like it normally would. Instead, the sputtering energy faded away as quickly as it appeared.

"Besides....... You wouldn't win. I've mastered this emotional tool of mine..... I've forced it to serve me, not the other way around. You on the other hand seem quite alright with threatening someone without even thinking about how that would effect your surroundings. You're brave, and that's admirable, but don't be so brave that you fall to stupidity." The rain picked up pace now, drenching Red's robes. He couldn't begin to understand why someone would challenge a person they knew was over their head in the middle of a city. With such chaotic power being thrown about, people would die. That wasn't heroic, that was it's antithesis.

"Now, if you're ready to not be so rude....... Maybe you can help me with something."

Other Links:

They'll all be taken

Red
Red
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowoof November 16th 2017, 8:42 pm

Jake's eyes glanced to Red's own energy, different but similar to his own, but he didn't put his own energy away, too dangerous, too unknown to go without his greatest strength. Yet with all that power in his hands, he still felt very, very small and weak compared to the man below him. Didn't help when all of the sudden his power sparked and things... Happened. Jake saw it all, with eyes that had witnessed things moving incredibly fast, eyes that had adapted with his own body to move from danger, yet he could barely catch the way Red's bolts of energy moved. That was terrifying.

Taking deep, calculated breaths, struggling to remain calm, sane in this situation, Jake felt his red energy latched to his skin, ready to use, but he wasn't going to use it now, because he knew he couldn't.. Red knew... No. Jake shook his head as those thoughts came. He couldn't, wouldn't let fear dictate him. This man didn't know him, this man had never heard about Jake, saw him before, cared about him before. There was no way he could know just how much power was inside Jake, inside this unique ability of his.

With that thought in mind, Jake stared down at Red with hard eyes, jumping from his roof to the ground, and taking the remaining steps needed till the boy was close enough to touch Red, the red energy that covered his hand was fading, albeit slowly, too slowly for Jake's liking, but he ignored it, and just focused while also trying to look at Red, letting the chaotic energy fade on it's own. "Young, still much to learn, yes. And while what you said was true, people would be in much danger... People with your kind of power would normally not care, and all I could hope to do was stop them." Jake realized he almost stood eye to eye with the armored man before him, if not for the armor making the man, much bigger.

"Luckily. You are not that kind of person. So... What is it you need help with?" The offer to help the man was... Interesting, confusing and downright... Hmm. Jake felt he already knew the answer anyway, to help with looking for this... Child. Just what kind of kid would Red be looking for anyway?

Characters of the wolf:
Shadowoof
Shadowoof
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red November 30th 2017, 12:14 am

Lucius smiled under his mask. If he truly did have bad intentions, then this kid would have still warmed to him. Yes, it was only slight, but the malleable boy was already asking Lucius how he could help him...... Not that Lucius had anything malicious in mind, but it was amusing nonetheless.

"I narrowed down the location of someone who can use a form of Red Energy. I'm looking for such a person.... Unfortunately, it seems my search ends with you..... Unless it doesn't," Lucius said, removing his mask and pulling his hood. The mask segmented into itself until it was nothing more then a metal bar, which Lucius placed in his bandoleer. After that, he looked Jake dead in the eyes.

"Have you seen this boy? I assure you, no harm will befall him or you if you tell me.... In fact, i think if you don't, the opposite would be true," Red said, a holographic image of his son, Lucas, coming from his outstretched palm. Eventually, it faded away. Lucius put his hands on the boy's shoulders briefly, if only to make contact. Such mannerisms went a long way in building trust.

"You're a special individual, yes? If Lucas is indeed in Chicago like i think he is, it only makes sense that you'd be drawn to each other." Lucius took a few steps back, giving the male some space. He didn't want to make this kid uncomfortable, after all. he seemed like he might have a temper.

Other Links:

They'll all be taken

Red
Red
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowoof November 30th 2017, 2:06 am

Jake watched Red with narrowed eyes. He knew he had to be very careful with every movement when it came to this man, no matter how... Innocent he made himself. So his beacon of red energy was a call to try and attract others with a red like energy, something Jake had. But he must have been also looking for someone else who shared that trait.

Jake simply nodded as he took in the information, his eyes glued to the fading mask and eventual eyes. Jake stared at the eyes that stared back at him, these were the eyes of a human, a meta so powerful he amassed an army and took over a country. The eyes of a dangerous man, trying to be not so. But that was when he produced a image of the boy he was looking for, something Jake thought for a moment, holographic, that is cool, then he saw the boy in question and his eyes widened with surprise.

Realizing that would be a dead giveaway to the fact he had seen Lucas before, Jake narrowed his eyes once more and continued to stare at the young boy. Why the hell was he looking for Lucas? He said he was looking for someone with a form of red energy, that he had found Jake instead. But from what Jake could remember, Lucas didn't have power... Of course, he didn't exactly stick around long enough to learn what the boy could really do, or just who he was it seems.

Distracted by the image, Jake didn't notice the approaching hand, but when he felt it on his shoulder, every muscle in his body tensed. Jake's eyes snapped back to Red with a suspicious glint, stepping away from the armored man to remove any more chances of 'brief contacts.' Seems Red had the same idea. Smart. If only proving to be disliked more. Just why the hell was this guy looking for Lucas?

"No use lying. I met him a long time ago." Jake said, before turning his red vision on, the bright red light emitting from his eyes right at Red, Jake could see the red that meant living life under his suit, the body of a living man. Right after, Jake started to slowly turn, looking around, seeing life though every wall. If he was attracted to this beacon Red made, it is quite possible Lucas, who seemed to have some connection to a red energy like power, would be attracted to it as well, and if so, Jake would be able to spot a small child, most likely alone and hidden from sight, and if he knew where he was, Jake could get to the kid first. From his short time with the kid... Jake respected him, respected him enough to try and lose a man like Red to warn the kid about him... First however, he needed to find Lucas. And that, was something even his red sight couldn't fully do, if the kid didn't come.

Characters of the wolf:
Shadowoof
Shadowoof
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red December 12th 2017, 4:01 am

"No way," Lucas said to himself, looking down from his perch. He had been living out of the upper level of an abandoned church, which gave him a nice view of what he had called his stomping ground for the last few months. He knew it was only a matter of time before his Dad found him, but he didn't think it would be this soon......

At first he thought the beacon was coming from the kid he had met a little while ago, the one who was going after those Russian mobsters. However, once Lucas traversed the rooftops he soon found that it wasn't Jake, or at least not just Jake. His father was there, talking to the kid he hadn't seen in months, and the conversation was no doubt about him. Lucas' eyes widened at the shocking sight, and couldn't help but call out.

"Hey! Get away from him! He's dangerous!" Lucas yelled, before turning tail and running. He began to acrobatically traverse the buildings, hoping Jake would follow. The boy knew his Dad would do just about anything to get him back, maybe even hurt others, so both him and Jake would need to get out of there.

"Met him a long time ago, huh? I don't like being lied to, kid," Lucius said after putting his mask back on. The dictator then removed a metal sphere from his bandoleer. The ball soon opened, and from it came a hissing sonic wave composed of thousands of frequencies. The device would cause pain, sense overload, and a lack of focus in anyone without the equipment to be shielded from it. Lucius would use this opportunity to try to push Jake against the wall. If successful, Jake would be up against bricks, with Lucius standing in front of him, Red Energy inches from the boy's face.

"My son is coming with me..... And you're going to help me get him."

Other Links:

They'll all be taken

Red
Red
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowoof December 12th 2017, 5:29 am

So, Jake hadn't seen Lucas coming, mostly because it seemed he wasn't just sitting out watching, but Jake was correct, he did come, attracted to the light much like he had been. He just came a lot closer then the boy suspected the younger boy would do.

Thus, when he heard the kid call out to him, him directly to run, Jake was left shocked and still. His red lit eyes barely grasping how easy this situation had just become... That was. Till Red spoke.

His surprise snapped into tensity. Jake hadn't been lying, months was a hell of a lot of time, but the man did not see it as such, and as Jake turned to try and explain that too him, knowing any other action would be quite the dangerous one, he found that he stopped and his hands went to try and cover his ears from an impossibly painful sound. "Ahhhh!" He yelled out, eyes closed yet not doing anything to stop his red sight from seeing anything.

Which allowed him to see Red push him against the wall, something Jake wasn't going to argue against right now. Turning off his vision, Jake opened his eyes to see the red energy of Red was right in front of him, and though the screeching noise, Jake heard Red's order. And also some information that lifted the pain as Jake worked it over in his head. Did Red say Lucas was his son? And Lucas just called his father dangerous and that they should get away from him.

Seeing his hands were doing nothing to stop the noise, Jake allowed them to fall to his side, face strained with pain as he looked up past the energy to Red, his mask on again. "S-s-ounds. Li-ke Screw you-u!" Jake would call out while attempting something he'd regret. His left hand would shoot out to grab hold the hand covered in the mans own red energy before forcefully tugging down while jumping, letting go the hand if he managed to grab it and hoping to let out a kick at the mans face while also shooting himself up to the roof with a jump right after the tug, where he'd make an attempt to get away. And if he managed to grab hold of the red covered hand, most likely hissing in pain at the acidic power melting away the palm of his hand, a pain he was willing to risk to perform such a maneuver.

Characters of the wolf:
Shadowoof
Shadowoof
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red January 16th 2018, 1:12 am

Such rudimentary brawling tactics were not even in the same class as Lucius. When Jake grabbed at Lucius' hand, a maneuver Lucius saw coming a mile away, Red simply increased the output of energy he was producing. No, he wasn't going all out. If he had, the powerful acidic energy would start to tear through atoms at an astonishing rate. No, it was at maybe half intensity. Still enough to cause unfathomable pain, but not enough to cause permanent damage.

As for the kick at his face, Red literally just moved his face out of the way. He had far too much combat experience and knowledge to not just reflexively move in a casual, almost lazy manner. That said, Jake did manage to get some distance, which appeared to be the main purpose of the maneuver.

Lucius thought about keeping the kid there a moment. After all, it would be all too easy. He could use his Selective Pulse Generator to send out a pulse of energy that would pull things in, but only select Jake. This would effectively drag the teenager back into his clutches. But, Red came to the conclusion it would be more beneficial to just let him go. That way, he could use him to catch up to Lucas later on.

Sven. Give me a spirit lock. Use a few satellites if you have to, just don't lose him.

After giving the order, Lucius stared Jake down a few seconds, then pivoted on his heels. His boots tapped against the concrete in a rhythmic pattern, and he didn't even say a word. He was letting Jake follow Lucas, because unlike his son, Jake did not possess the technology or knowledge to avoid being tracked by Sven. The AI would use all manner of things. Heat signatures, Jake's power signature, radar, rapid hacking of surveillance systems in the city, and satellite imaging. Basically, once Sven had a lock on you, there was no hiding. The phone in your pocket, or the one in the guys hand across the street, could be used to track you, and that was only one option.

Meanwhile, Lucas waited on top of one of the buildings nearby for Jake to follow. He had a dark grey hoodie on, with the hood pulled up, and he sat casually on the ledge. He knew Lucius wouldn't try to beat Jake up or force him to come back, that would just reaffirm the reason Lucas left in the first place. No, he would be back, and he would be in a far less combative mindset. Hence, why Lucas seemed so carefree in this moment.

"Met big bad Dad, did you? ......Didn't want anyone to find out so soon, but I'm sure the cats out of the bag now," Lucas said, half smile creeping up on his face as the wind blew his raven hair about. This was about to get interesting.

Other Links:

They'll all be taken

Red
Red
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowoof January 16th 2018, 3:28 pm

Okay, he got away. That was good. But besides that one good thing, there were so many bad's. Bad thing number one, his left hand felt like it was melting. Wasn't as bad as when he was gripping the damn source of it, but it still hurt like hell. Bad number two. That man could move. Jake barely noticed it, but his movements were relaxed but skilled in a weird mix of a way. He couldn't explain it, he just knew that hand to hand combat was out of the picture, not that Jake ever stood a chance when it came to that, but maybe not even his reflexes could stand a chance.

And that led to bad number three. He was pissing off Red, the leader of Belarus. Also, now that he met the man known as Red, Jake found thinking of his own energy as 'red' energy was starting to feel a little off. Wonderful, the man not only melted his hand, threatened him to make him betray someone he considered a close associate from one meeting but also now made Jake reconsider his powers name. This day was just... Terrible. And it was only going to get worse knowing his luck.

His eyes flashing red, Jake spotted Lucas, and not thinking exactly the most correct way, Jake headed towards the kid, who wasn't as far away as he should have been. But he'd make it to the kid, and stop, finding that he was pretty damn casual about all this. Not only that, he confirmed Reds words. Son and father. Honestly, the resemblance was pretty uncanny. Too uncanny."Yea that's great. What are you doing right now?" Jake proceeded to take his shirt off, wrapping the fabric over his left hand with a hiss of pain before looking back in the direction he came from. Man this was going to suck a lot.

"Lucas, your dick of a dad is most likely using me to follow you, and realizing that, I shouldn't follow you. Just go. I'll... Distract him for a bit or something. Don't worry about it. Oh, nice seeing you again.. I guess." Jake would say with his teeth clenched as he scanned for Red with his red sight. His reasoning that Red would be here sooner then what he hoped could be later came from the fact that this was Red, the guy was covered in tech and was by all accounts, a smart man. If he couldn't track a kid jumping from roof to roof somehow, no one could.

Characters of the wolf:
Shadowoof
Shadowoof
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red January 28th 2018, 7:03 pm

Lucas clicked his tongue, seemingly care free. Sure, he hadn't seen his Dad in months, but the boy wasn't fearful. See, Lucas was one of the few people that wasn't afraid of Lucius. Horrified at his actions, yes, but the man would never lay a finger on his son. Not anymore. His safety was assured. Jake's on the other hand? Not so much.

"Well, of course he's tracking you, but that's not the point. He's reassessing. He could have followed you; it's not like you could stop him. No, he chose to retreat to formulate a plan, probably get me to go with him." Lucas still dangled his legs over the side of the roof, his grey eyes staring at Jake. His thus far flat expression finally broke into a smile when Jake said it was nice to see him.

"Nice to see you too, dude," Lucas said after standing up. He brushed his hoodie off, and then peered around inquisitively. He was apparently trying to think of his own plan, and after a few moments, it seemed he had it.

"See that Church over there? They're having service right now. Bunch of people are there. He doesn't want to be seen in public that much, and more so doesn't want to seem like any more of a monster then people already see him as. We'll chill out there, and if Dad comes have a quiet, not so violent chat." Lucas then spun on his feels and put his hands in his pockets, apparently satisfied with himself. From there, the pair of them would most likely head down to the Church. Unless of course Jake had other ideas....

Other Links:

They'll all be taken

Red
Red
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowoof January 29th 2018, 2:43 am

Jake slowed down as Lucas spoke, giving him the chance to breath mentally. Red wasn't going to come now, he was planning... Planning what? How to talk? Was he going to use force? Looking to his injured hand, Jake slowly unwrapped the shirt from it and placed it over his shoulder, his hand looked horrible, but not the worst he had seen it become.

"Right, your dad just created a beacon that anyone could see for miles. I don't think he cares for public viewing of him right now..." The boy would sigh, looking to the church. He didn't like the idea of being around innocents with his power and with Reds power. AND it wasn't because of what the man had just said earlier. Jake already knew the dangers, knows the dangers. The man was just an reminder.

Letting out a breath, Jake would look to Lucas before they moved, good hand clenched. "Alright. You point me where, I can put you anywhere on that church. But I don't want to use them for defense. Just make it so he knows they are there. So roof, the front door? I don't care.. Just.. Pick a good place... And..." Jake would sigh, closing his eyes for a second before glaring towards the church.

"You tell me to get you out of there... I can get us out of there... It just might.. Hurt a little. Okay?" Jake finally stated, before helping to get to where ever he was pointed to for there meeting with Red. He hadn't meant Lucas was the one going to be hurt, while it wasn't out of the question, he was the one that was going to be suffering the most from there escape attempt... This was gonna suck.

Characters of the wolf:
Shadowoof
Shadowoof
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red February 3rd 2018, 4:52 pm

Lucas scratched his head. He hadn't thought about that. True the beacon would attract attention, but perhaps Lucius figured he would be gone before anyone not of consequence moved to investigate. Even still, there was nobody coming to see who made the blast. Sure the boy heard sirens in the distance, but they were hardly there. Nobody would ever know it was Lucius, and his Dad more then likely calculated that. Or, Jake was right and Lucius simply didn't care. Either way, Red wasn't going to disintegrate a Church. He wasn't that terrible.

"True....... But the point still stands. Devil on Earth or not, my Dad isn't going to kill a bunch of innocents or act like Satan in the middle a a church to get me back, especially since i left because of that type of thing. To make it up to me, he has to act differently, and he knows that. Probably why he didn't beat the tar out of you," Lucas said as he fluidly moved from the roof. He used the fire escapes, and masterfully descended them using freerunning and acrobatic techniques. He was sure Jake could keep up.

Once they were both on the ground, Lucas gestured for the front door. The best place to talk to Lucius was in public. If it was in private, Red could do whatever he wanted with no concern for his image. Sure he had to play nice in front of Lucas, but that didn't mean Red wouldn't find a way to force him to come back. No, if this was going to be a civilized talk, they had to walk right through the front door of a Church while a baby was being baptized.

"Don't worry. I know my Dad, and he isn't going to do anything crazy here. He's far more scary when he isn't accountable to anyone around him," Lucas would say as the pair of them likely walked in. Service was being had, and Lucas quickly found a booth for them to sit in. All they had to do now wait.

Meanwhile

"......Really? It had to be a Church, Lucas?" Lucius scoffed to himself as he watched from afar. He had changed his tactics. It was always his intention to retrieve Lucas as a father, and not a villain. He just needed the gear to actually find his son, but now that wasn't a requirement. He wore an all black suit, including the undershirt, with a red tie. In a few minutes, he would make his way to the front door. If this was how Lucas wanted to play it, then Lucius would follow the rules, but he'd still win.

Other Links:

They'll all be taken

Red
Red
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top