The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Ricochet
Rozmer meets The Lost - Discussion I_icon_minitimeMay 4th 2024, 9:58 pm by Arcana

» Daybreak (WIP)
Rozmer meets The Lost - Discussion I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 8:39 pm by ghost

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Rozmer meets The Lost - Discussion I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 4:52 pm by ghost

» Homefront (Lore Submission)
Rozmer meets The Lost - Discussion I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 5:04 am by ProwlerKnight

» The Most Dangerous Game
Rozmer meets The Lost - Discussion I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 12:56 am by Tybrid

» The Warden
Rozmer meets The Lost - Discussion I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2024, 5:48 pm by inquisitor

» Talos
Rozmer meets The Lost - Discussion I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2024, 5:47 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Rozmer meets The Lost - Discussion I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2024, 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» The Deal and The Hit
Rozmer meets The Lost - Discussion I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Rozmer meets The Lost - Discussion I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Rozmer meets The Lost - Discussion I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Rozmer meets The Lost - Discussion I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
No user

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Rozmer meets The Lost - Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rozmer meets The Lost - Discussion Empty Rozmer meets The Lost - Discussion

Post by Chellizard October 3rd 2016, 11:03 pm

Hi there Thor/Rozmer and The Lost/Lost.

So I'm all caught up on all the logs and the situation is clear to me.

I'll be acting as the unbiased third party.

I would like to first open this by explaining the difference between an NPC (Non-Player Character) and a PC (Player Character).

As a PC you write and interact with other characters on the level with permissions being the ultimate thing to keep in mind. AKA, if you permit someone to join your thread, you should know that they have the knowledge of EVERY post that was made prior. And in this case, Rozmer being the kind of character he is, reaps on the benefit of threads that have gone on for X amount of time - meaning, your permitted him to gain the IC knowledge that your PC and Pat/Arcana's PC did.

Now, this becomes a tiny bit tricky because Rozmer is INDEED an NPC.

An NPC or Non-Player Character is defined as a plot oriented device to further or hinder plot based on what the end goal is for the person(s) in control of the NPC. An NPC is an out-lier that can ultimately be controlled by everyone in the thread if given proper permission of the person who owns said NPC.

Rozmer follows these rules set into place by the Superhero RP System.

Now, I need to delve into the definition of IC (In Character) and OOC (Out of Character) discussions.

IC means in character - anything that happens IC is indeed In Character. Example: Naomi appearing to look like someone else entirely and then slipping from Lost's guards - but then giving herself up because Lost used his noggin.

OOC means out of character - meaning if we spout hypothetical ideas, or past renditions, or events our characters have done - knowledge is not known IC and there's nothing we can do IC to refute or discover it without an in character means.

So again I say this: The Lost, you invited Thorgron/Rozmer into the thread without reading up on Rozmer as a character to gauge OOCly if you want your PC to interact with his NPC.

And now I must delve into meta-gaming.

Meta gaming is simple. It's when you take knowledge gained OOC and apply it IC without any actual credible source of knowledge acquired.

From what I see, and what I have read, Rozmer has played fair upon his arrival to the thread.

There are so many ways Lost could have easily not been phased through.

For one, Rozmer had smoke - tangible, real smoke. The smell alone could have alerted Lost of the appearance of a new being in the room. Then, as he was alerted, could have turned and stepped aside to avoid the figure floating toward him.

I think this has all been taken way out of context and it feels very "boo hoo" to me.

So. With this, I await rebuttal - from either one of you.

Lost can go first if he wants, but be prompt. Don't keep me waiting.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
Rozmer meets The Lost - Discussion JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Rozmer meets The Lost - Discussion Empty Re: Rozmer meets The Lost - Discussion

Post by The Lost October 3rd 2016, 11:05 pm

Alright, thank you for acting as a neutral third party.

I guess the first thing I'd like to say is, that I thought this had all been resolved. As you've probably already read in the cbox, Thor explained to me that his character Rozmer was indeed broken and he was aware of that.

I was under the simple impression that this is no okay.

Red made clear, that is not a problem. I asked if I could make similarly broken NPC, and this seemed to be okay.

Now I don't mean to speak for any of them, I am just telling you what I came understand from their replies. It is possible I misunderstood something, but to be honest the wording seemed pretty clear.

Thank you for defining those terms more thoroughly. I feel like it's a lot more clear now. I realize now that in some of my other threads, I have not been letting other people use my NPCs as much as I should have, sometimes contradicting what they wrote. I'll be sure to correct this behavior in the future.

I will also say that what you said is not wrong. I did not check his character before inviting him. I had assumed that it was a fair and balanced character. I was wrong in this, and it was my mistake for assuming.

Now that you mention it, some of these points stir up upsetting issues that I wasn't able to address before.

I did consider having Lost just avoid what Rozmer did. I did consider the smoke, or simply having an internal camera or another person in the room notice Rozmer.

I decided against it. Mainly, because Thor had written Rozmer performing these acts as if they had happened, rather than as an attempt. I know this may seem like a minor detail, but it felt forced on to me. Since it was not actually an attack on my character, I thought that meant I didn't have the right to complain.

But I think using your powers on someone else's character and entering their body, harmlessly or not, is not an okay thing to do without permission from the player. Perhaps you do not need permission from the character, but as a player I would have at least like the chance to have consented or refused. I do not feel like I was presented that opportunity.

As bad, or as minor an issue as that was, it was only the catalyst.

My main issue is that not only did I feel like I had no defense in the matter, I was made to believe that there was no way I could prevent it from happening again in character. I felt like there was a huge imbalance in power, and that power could be used to harass my character with out my character having any chance to stop it.

Yes I was given the option to ask him OOC not to play with me anymore, but I felt like that was an equally unsatisfying solution to a broken character in a broken game. The solution I wanted, was to fix the broken character, and the broken game as a whole. I thought this was wrong and assumed it was against some kind of rule.

I was very wrong in thinking this, as explained to me in the cbox.

I was made to accept that this is a broken game with broken characters, and I am okay with that. However, given that this is a broken game, with broken characters, I was under the impression that I also could have broken characters. Hence, my attempt to make a broken character in Appropriate Countermeasure.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
To those who go the way, he who has strayed shall be known as The Lost.

To he who has strayed, he has simply forged a New Path.

It is time to take The Next Step
The Lost
The Lost
Post Mate
Post Mate

Warnings : Banned
Number of posts : 148
Job : Mastermind.
Humor : Twisted.
Registration date : 2012-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Thorgron October 4th 2016, 12:01 am

Alright. I'm going to start this off by linking you to this thread. In it you will find a post from Chelle after a relatively recent incident of someone upset about not being allowed powers that they saw somewhere else on the site. I understand that this is not the only issue at play here but it gets to the root of more than a few of them.

If you take some time to look around the site, you are going to find some powers that are utterly ridiculous. And yes Rozmer's power set is formidable and could very easily be considered broken. I admit that now as I admitted it to you in our discussion. Because I wanted you to know full well what was going on. But more even more important than the power sets is the person, the RPer behind them. What may not be okay in the hands of  one RPer may be totally acceptable in the hands of another. It all depends on what the staff deems you are able to be trusted with.

Even deeper than that, we have something that goes on here that trumps even what you say you can do in your app, player permission. There is nothing that any of my or any one else character's can do to your character without your permission. Death is the big one, that can't happen to your character without you actually telling the other RPer that its okay to have happen. Everything from then on down falls in to lesser levels of permission. For example if I'm throwing a punch, I say that I punched at you, I can even describe scenarios that happen after the punch lands or moves that I plan to make after the punch lands. But in your post, you can dodge the punch even if I described what happened when the punch landed, it is based on YOUR permission. This is because I would be causing harm to your character but it happens even with minor actions.

Lets say I decide I want my character to put his hand on your character's shoulder, I can describe this happening and it would be perfectly normal for me to describe the hand making contact and what I do with it. This gesture is causing no physical harm to your character. RPing would become incredibly cumbersome if everytime you wanted to do something that remotely related to another character you had to describe it as an if then statement or treat it like landing a punch. But even in this example where I went ahead and had a character place their hand on your character's shoulder you are still ultimately the one who decides whether or not this happens.

As Chelle mentioned, I gave you the smoke, tangible real smoke. Had you felt uncomfortable having Rozmer float through The Lost, he could have smelled the smoke and acted differently. Even more so, none of Rozmer's actions depended on him being inside of The Lost. Could he have floated forward? Yes. Could he have spoken to The Lost? Yes. Could he have flipped over and watched the screens? Yes to all of them.

But lets go back to the issue of permission. Let's say that him smelling the smoke doesn't sit well with you and you felt like I took an action that I was not in line to do. This is a collaborative writing site and you simply could have told me that you were uncomfortable with the actions taken, that they were unfair or whatever else and asked me to change them. This is perfectly acceptable. I've asked people to change posts before and been asked to change posts before. So long as its not over something petty (which I'm not saying this is) a change to the post is usually no problem.

As far as feeling helpless goes, all of our characters have weaknesses. It's necessary to the site. If the RPer is doing it right, there is not a a character on here that has never felt helpless or weak. We are RPing on a superhero forum. If we're genre savvy that means our characters should be facing incredible adversity and doing fantastic things. We have characters who can lift sky scrapers, run multiple times the speed of sound, control the very forces of nature and survive in the cold vacuum of space. Because of this there are going to be gaps in power. What is easy for one character may be insurmountable to another. And as an example of how little the power of your character actually means on this site, here's a link to a particularly interesting thread. That is a human character with no abilities taking on and fighting to a draw one of the most terrifyingly powerful characters on the site. That is not only an example of collaborative storytelling on both parts but a great example of just what a character can do with a little bit of in character ingenuity.

Which is not what happened in your creation of the countermeasure. That is a character created for the sole purpose of countering a single ability of a single NPC and nothing else. That is not and will never be looked on favorably on this site. Hell its even against the rules on the site. We are here to write stories together, not to "win". As one of our administrators has famously said "when someone tries to win at RP, everybody loses".

As a more personal side note, what I am most upset about in this situation is that I did not see this happening at the onset. I was genuinely excited to RP with you, especially as you began asking about Rozmer's weaknesses and how they might be exploited. I'd never had someone do that. Rozmer is not and will never be a combat character. So the prospect of someone trying to outsmart him instead of trying to circumvent his powers (which is the knee jerk reaction) was enticing to me. It was unexplored territory. So yes, Rozmer's power set is powerful and even broken if used right. But that's never been the point of the character and I have never and will never play him in that manner.

Rozmer meets The Lost - Discussion Pbucket
Thorgron
Thorgron
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2013-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard October 4th 2016, 12:15 am

As a side note, and to kind of hop in here to support Thor's case, which I hate to do because I'm suppose to be unbiased here....

Have this thread as well: https://www.superhero-rpg.com/t10082-devil-s-parlay-chelle

My pride and joy, who almost never loses, lost big time in this thread to a mere mortal with fancy machine toys.

But, Lost, I'm looking forward to hear your reply so I'll leave this here.

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bliss October 4th 2016, 12:31 am

Misaki > Chelle. 4 real

Bliss

Mitsy's Boutique

-<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>-

Rozmer meets The Lost - Discussion D3d4aa511c4d025601eecb3540adc5f1

-<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>-
Bliss
Bliss
Owner
Owner

Quote : I'm pretty much the Captain Kirk of this place when I'm not too busy being the Han Solo.

Number of posts : 2166
Job : Exerter of feminine "Whiles"
Humor : [16:00:27] devistation : bliss you only bann me because you are scared you use your moderator powers to get rid of people u know is right but hate because they are right but if anything there is treatment for your disease of being scared of better people so you should go by some have fun bye bye
Registration date : 2010-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lost October 4th 2016, 7:47 am

I only see this: [Only mods are allowed to see this link], for all your links.

Thor, I don't think your first point does get to the root of the matter. I think you and I don't have the same heart at this matter, and are arguing about two different things.

I am not upset about not getting my new character approved.

I was merely invited here to explain my case. I explained my reasons for my actions.

I never requested that my new character be approved for any reason. The fact that your character is broken is the reason why I decided to make my new character. That is true.

However, never did I state that I should have my broken character be approved just because you had your broken character approved. I know there are many other factors that go into considering whether or not a character should be approved, and I have no right to dictate to you admins whether or not they should.

I can understand where the confusion lies, though. You've assumed that with reasons I had to make my character, I was under the false impression that I somehow felt entitled to being approved without question. That is not the case.

Though, I hate to do this, I will quote my previous post.
Me wrote:I was under the impression that I also could have broken characters. Hence, my attempt to make a broken character in Appropriate Countermeasure.

Notice the word impression. I am just explaining my thought process, not a fact. I am trying to leave this thought open for correction. Also notice the word attempt. I never said that this character should be approved, just that I was attempting to get it approved.

I know that Thor's character was not instantly approved. Various mods raised various complaints and asked for appropriate revision.

All I'm asking for, is the same treatment. I know I don't have the right to demand fair treatment from you or anyone else, but I want to at least ask.

Please do not lecture me further on player permission. I am fully aware of it. I even pointed out that you ignored my player permission when you wrote how your character entered my character's body without either of our permission. As I said before, I found it an unsavory answer to the problem of dealing with broken characters. If it is okay for some people to have broken characters, I would rather take the steps necessary to become one of those lucky, privileged few. While I know the decision is not mine, I find that prospect much more satisfying than simply begging to be left alone.

I already explained that I had many options to try and call you out at the time, and the reasons why I didn't go forward with them.

I'm also aware of my ability to ask you to have changed what your wrote. I've done it before, to Chell. There were no problems. I hope I came off as polite as I had intended to at the time, and Chell was very polite in making her edits.

Please, stop trying to lecture me about how this is a collaborative effort. I am aware. If I felt like you editing your post would have made me feel more comfortable, I would have asked. I did not ask. The issue is not fact that your character did do something, is the fact that your character can do anything he wants. That is an enviable power, and I wanted to play a character with that power, too. Hence my attempt to make a broken character.

Sorry to ask, but did you even read my character's power set? It's not just a carbon copy of your character. It is my own creation with my open set of powers. I believe it has its own limits and its own broken powers that I could enjoy similarly to you being able to enjoy yours. He's even got his own history and personality.

Yes your character is the reason mine was created, but my character is not limited to just dealing with your character. Though, I hope that if we do thread in the future, my new character will have your permission to at least have a fighting chance against yours and not be at your mercy.

Yes, I know that you've stated that if I wanted, we can never thread again. I was aware of that, too. However, I also found the notion unsavory. I think it'd be fun to rp again, but if we do I want at least a chance to stand at your character's level with my own. I wanted to at least make an attempt. Was that so wrong or malicious?

I don't have much to say upon your note of powers vs weaknesses. Again, it is all something that I understood already. I know there are million ways Batman can beat Superman, and the other way around. It's a not a big deal.

However, just like you, I've decided that I wanted a character with a power set closer to Superman's. That's all there is to it.

You've seemed to just address what you think the issue is. What you've decided I'm upset about in your mind seems to be wrong. First off, I'm not upset. I just wanted a chance to explain myself and listen to the explanations of others.

As for your regrets, Thor, we all have our share. This is a minor matter to agonize over, so I suggest that you don't. Though, I know it's not up to me. In fact it might not be up to you to decide whether it bothers you or not. It might just keep bothering you.

I do apologize for my part in causing your regrets.

However, it all comes down to the fact that your powers were so disgustingly overpowered that I didn't feel motivated to try and outsmart your character with mine. I felt more motivated to circumvent his powers, and my knee's polite suggestion did factor into that. Probably for a reason, as my knees are pretty wise. At the end of the day, you can't ask me to want to do anything your character. You can ask if I want to do something, but I'm sorry, that's not the case here. I just don't see that nearly as interesting as out powering him. I know you probably don't find that interesting, but I also know that you know that you don't have to ever thread with me again.

Regardless of your decisions, I want to move forward with this character application. Though, I do wish you luck in all your endeavors.

Honestly, Chell it does hurt that you've chosen not to be unbiased here. I can't see the link, though. I will say that the point you're trying to support is kind of irrelevant, as I've addressed earlier.

I also want to apologize for not mentioning that I was going to bed. I thought you all might have already had left.

And the end of the day, I really don't care for any of this discussion. It doesn't seem to be going anywhere. I've listened to your side repeat itself, and I've noticed that my side is repeating itself. Which is very disheartening because I have been alone in my side. Even the unbiased admin in this thread is on your side. I'm tired about explaining how you hurt my feelings or my character's feelings, and at this point I honestly don't care anymore. I've had to explain it over and over to everyone who asks, and all it's gotten me is a chance for you to try and convince me that you, Thor, didn't do anything wrong.

And I'm okay with that, now. I've now accepted that you didn't do anything wrong, Thor. That's why I want a chance to do what you are also doing. Everyone was on your side, so now I want to be on your side, too. Can you let me be on your side, Thor?

I don't feel like my ideas have been respected by this community. I don't feel like I've been respected. I don't feel like any amount of complaining will change of this.

I am not aiming to change this. Honestly, I don't care if any of you decide to respect me or not. I just want to play the game, as it is meant to. I'm not calling for reform or asking you to fix the bugs. I just want to play, too.

What I want is very simple.

Can I have a broken character, too?

What do I have to do, or fix, or how can I prove that I can handle, the character I've requested?

I don't need you to justify your decisions. All I ask is that you at least give me a fair chance. Though, even that I know am not entitled to. Again, I just want to at least try to get that chance, and I'm cautiously optimistic that I will get that chance. I wouldn't have tried, if I didn't.

The Lost
The Lost
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard October 4th 2016, 9:09 am

Now you've utterly pissed me off. And that's not good, Lost. And not in the way of I have power of you on here, but in the way that I did have respect for you. And now I may or may not.

I said, in my post, I was only supporting Thor's general statement by giving further proof it can happen to anyone, not just you, not just Thor.

I've fixed it to where you can see links now, too.

The Lost wrote:However, it all comes down to the fact that your powers were so disgustingly overpowered that I didn't feel motivated to try and outsmart your character with mine. I felt more motivated to circumvent his powers,

Here is where it made me mad. And I think it's utter cowardice for other's creativity that you envy. Not just the fact that they have the powerset, but that you do not have it.

Your character is suppose to be so insanely intelligent that they can fathom things and figure out things that other people cannot. So, why not actually play to that fact? Being able to process and think faster than super computers is not an easy feat. It is something that people rarely play their characters to.

Another thing is the fact that you have an insurmountable slew of NPCs to just use as throw away toys, and I let you have them: The New Path Agents. You literally have no cap on them - I didn't force you to only have ten, or twenty. You can have infinitely many. I did this, giving you the benefit of the doubt in hopes you would be fair with them.

And you have been.

But you're not using what you have to your full potential as it is, so why should I let you have a character that you've made just to spite your nose off of your face?

Literally just to sate your own need for power or dominance over any given situation? Especially with OOCly gained knowledge tacked into the app?

That's meta-gaming, bro. Not gonna fly with me.

And you can reword your point, chew it up, spit it back up, eat it again, and then rinse repeat, but it doesn't matter.

You see something shiny in the sandbox and you want it - but you cannot just have it because someone else does.

You gave Thor permission to join your thread. Not everyone is going to write with IF THIS HAPPENS, THEN THIS HAPPENS statements in their posts - it doesn't make writing pretty or fun. It makes it too much of a game.

And yeah, that makes Superhero RP"G" misleading. We're not a game. At least, not any more.

We stopped being a game when we dropped stats a long time ago.

And the only reason people have to have weaknesses is to add one more element of depth to their character. No one is perfect.

Now, if you seriously think that my previous, shorthand post was me utterly assigning my allegiance to Thor's side, that's silly. I just wanted to share an experience I had where one of my biggest, baddest OC's got taken down by her own foolish mistakes.

And I couldn't back out of it unless I really wanted to be a coward. So now my favorite OC is going to die. OC means original character - but you prolly got that.

BUT ANYWAY:

You can't always get what you want.

You, The Lost, want a new character JUST to twist threads to always go in your favor - always. And if that's not the case, you don't need that spiteful app you made to even be looked at again.

But if it is the case? That's just sad.

I know that you're an intelligent individual, and I wanted to do nothing more than make sure you were happy so that you wanted to stay on SHRP and enjoy writing with others - but I cannot accommodate and give you what you want just to appease your need for power.

Oh, and one more thing - there's this saying "Pay your dues."

You haven't been on SHRP long enough to have done that yet - at least no in my eyes.

Thor has. He was a regular joe that got "harassed" and "picked on" by staff, too. He had his ideas and concepts shut down. He even got told no a lot.

He's been there, done that. And so have I. So has the other members on my staff, and every other person on this board. It's not fair to give you what you want just because someone else paid their dues and got it.

Use your brain. Not your anger.

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lost October 4th 2016, 11:45 am

Chell, it was not my intent to upset you, and I recognize that I have. I apologize for this, and offer no excuse. It truly saddens me that I could not express myself in a way that I had wished, no matter how many times I tried to reword my argument, but I refuse to just give up.

You raise a lot of good points though, Chell. I just wished you had separated them from the insults. The compliments are also unnecessary. It makes it difficult to respond to what you've written, especially when you end it with the phrase, "Use your brain. Not your anger," and begin it with the phrase, "Now you've utterly pissed me off."

I will make an attempt, though. I can't ask you to look past my very human spite, if I write you off just because you get upset or have a bias. After all, you're human, too.

I thank you for approving my past character and his npcs. I have used my character's super intelligence in plots and threads, and I have used my npcs as well. In one thread I've used as many as 300 in the narrative. Perhaps I have not used all of my toys to their full potential, but I assert that I have used them well. I will relent that with more time, I do see myself exploring their potential further. Considering both the over and under, I don't think that there is real grounds here to bar me from another character. Especially, if you agree that I haven't abused the characters I've already been given.

Chell, you were right in your point that this can happen to anyone. It still hurt me when you supported Thor's side of the argument, no matter how slight the support. You do not have to worry, though. I was not under the impression that you had given him your full support. I merely wished to express how disheartening it was to see even a little biased support come from the one entity I thought I could count on as unbiased.

I accept that if I see something shiny in the sandbox and want it, I cannot just have it because someone else does. I am fine with this.

However, is it really that wrong to see that nice thing, and then go to the store and try to obtain something similarly nice?

As for the issue of the term game, I accept this and will adjust my perceptions accordingly. I apologize if some of this message seems redundant. As I mentioned before, it is difficult to sort through the good points and insults in your message. I am doing my best to reply to it, and do not wish to ignore something that could be important.

I understand that I can't always get what I want, and only hope to get what I can.

I will not deny that spite was an initial factor towards inspiring the creation of this new character. However, I strove to make a character and it was not all made entirely out of spite. I ask for your forgiveness in the fact that I was upset.

I must assert that I did not create my new character with the intent to abuse him to twist every thread into my favor. I still do need my application to be reviewed, because I did have an actual intent for that character separate from the one that you state as my only and literal reason.

Despite what you write as my only reason for wanting this character, my goal is not dominance, control, or even just spite. I know that is not the impression you have of me or this application, but I still feel the need to assert this. Instead, what I want, and what I've been asking for, is a fighting chance.

What I want from this character is just that, a fighting chance in more situations. Yes, I know that even with this character, my character's won't be able to win in every situation. However, I think that this is a positive step in achieving that fighting step. I want to feel like my characters at least have that chance or are making their way towards having a chance. Being told that I will never have a chance, and will always be at the mercy of certain characters, unless I avoid them sounds like a roadblock that I'd like to circumvent if at all possible. If you're telling me that I can never get past this roadblock, then that is simply the end of the road, and honestly, I don't want that. I know I can't have everything I want, but do you really want that either? If it is, then I am sorry to have wasted your time. If not then, why can't we work past this? What steps can we take to make it?

I recognize that my application as it is now is not satisfactory by a long shot. I am still willing to work together with you and this community. I do not believe this is sad.

You've already shown me some positive steps towards the right direction. I will now try to address those points.

I recognize that the issue of OOC knowledge and meta gaming is valid. It was not my intent to use OOC knowledge in what I've written, and as such I am not sure which parts are using OOC knowledge. I ask for your patience in explaining what specific parts of my application are unacceptable.

The matter of paying your dues is easy to understand, and perfectly reasonable, just like many points you've made among that post. I am willing to wait for approval until you feel like I have been around long enough to have paid my dues.

If you feel that the character I have requested is something beyond what you feel like I can be trusted with, then please give me suggestions on how to balance this character so that it is within what you are willing to give me.

If there's anything I've missed, then I apologize. As you can see, this message is already very long and convoluted. I've tried my best to respect everything you've said and address each point. Please just inform me if there is something else you need or want addressed regarding my application and this issue as a whole.

Lastly, I understand that you cannot accommodate all of my demands and I never expected you to. I only want what you are willing to give me, and so I've asked.

The Lost
The Lost
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard October 4th 2016, 12:11 pm

Plain and simple, an insult would be me telling you to go fuck yourself for being such a pussy.

But that'd be mean.

Instead I chose the high road and intend to keep on it.

I really want to be mean to you, Lost. I want to make you feel bad. But that's just not how I am going to do this.

This all came from Thor wanting to join a thread, making a post, and you interpreting the wrong way.

And then, on top of that, you being upset OOCly because ICly your character was phased through.

Like. Of all the #firstworldproblems, it had to be that, right?

You do not know how to play fair. When 1 thing goes awry, you kick, and scream, and cry in your own way.

Take this as an insult or not - but this pattern has repeated. I am the administrator and owner of this board. I see and hear all, Lost.

You are not getting that NPC you created, and it's not because you don't deserve it. It's because your sole purpose was to win and never succumb to losing.

It's not fair for you to take knowledge gained in the cbox and apply it to a character just because you want to prevent what Rozmer did from occurring in the future.

Also, I want to make this thread public knowledge so people can see how I've spoken to you. Any objections?

Add them in your reply.

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lost October 4th 2016, 1:38 pm

There are many forms of insults, Chell, and you know it. I am not interested in a flame war with you. You can continue to describe me and my behavior with any slant you like. You can continue to tell me my motives as you've decided them to be. You can place all the blame with me, as well. I'll accept it all.

I can now see you have no interest in working with me, but at the very least I am proud to say that I tried my best to communicate with you and everyone else I interacted with on this board.

You warned me to be careful of losing your respect, but can you really say that your behavior here deserves to keep anyone's respect?

I think it is a bit absurd that of the three of us in this topic, the one who is the most upset and quick to resort to insult is you, Chell.

Go ahead and make this all public.

You can do what you want with your board. You can have whatever you want.

Honestly, with the small amount of spite I now feel for you, I actually do hope that this goes public.

I will be withdrawing my participation from playing this not-game and giving my polite farewells to those I was currently playing with so that they do not have to question my absence.

Despite this unpleasant disagreement, I really do hope you and your board do well and continue to have fun in the future. It is truly sad that we could not come to a simple understanding, but it seems we are both unwilling.

The Lost
The Lost
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Red October 4th 2016, 5:01 pm

As over as this is, i have a few thoughts to share for future issues like this.

When you give staff no way out, when you close off every form of communication besides the one you want to hear, when you choose to be passive aggressive rather then confronting a situation head on, you only end up alienating yourself.

It saddens me The Lost felt insulted enough to leave, but what saddens me more is the fact he refused to let anyone help him.

He got on this high horse and acted like he was the only one not throwing insults, but there are many forms of insults, as he says, and that app was full of them.

Let me make this clear to anyone who reads this.

You can have as powerful a character as you want if you're an even halfway reasonable person, but what you can't have is a spiteful device made solely for defeating a single individual.

From here on out, i will not be approving apps that are directed more towards combat purposes then they are towards story/character. I urge all staff to take this mindset.

Yes, The Lost, you can have broken characters. But what you can't have is a walking insult against the rules and integrity of this site.

Thank you very much.

Other Links:
I thought the price was my soul

That i need only give myself to reach my goal

Now i see that is not the cost

They'll all be taken

This deal was swindled, and i have lost
Red
Red
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "Natural Selection will force us into conflict either way. Only under Rise will that conflict be ordered, and with room for a future. The alternative is a catastrophic, global revolt of Inhumans."

Number of posts : 1255
Job : Professional Asshole
Humor : Hurting feelings and killing parents since 2014
Registration date : 2014-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top