The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
David Cartwright I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
David Cartwright I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
David Cartwright I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
David Cartwright I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
David Cartwright I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
David Cartwright I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
David Cartwright I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
David Cartwright I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
David Cartwright I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
David Cartwright I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
David Cartwright I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
David Cartwright I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Tybrid
David Cartwright I_vote_lcapDavid Cartwright I_voting_barDavid Cartwright I_vote_rcap 
SicilianDragon
David Cartwright I_vote_lcapDavid Cartwright I_voting_barDavid Cartwright I_vote_rcap 
Vorik
Cynical_Aspie

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

David Cartwright

View previous topic View next topic Go down

David Cartwright Empty David Cartwright

Post by Da Boss November 7th 2009, 12:13 am

Super Hero/Villain/Renegade/etc Name:
He calls himself "The Goddamned Parasite with the Munchies"

Title: Others call him "The Devourer"

Alignment: Neutral, though powers are considered Evil (see powers)

Race: Human, with Parasite

Hair: Black

Eyes: Hazel, though you barely ever see them through his hair

Height: 6, 4

Weight: 157 lbs

Costume Descirption/Image:
A Mask
David Cartwright THE_CROW

Personality: Aloof and Mysterious, as well as a Cynic and "asshole" he is used to being used by the Parasite and has taken it with a grain of salt at this point, he often has a cool and icy exterior

History: David was born to two young parents who weren't really ready for the responsibility of a child, they did their best, but he just fell into the wrong crowd, David was always out on the streets, where his mind and fists could work their magic, he ruled the small neighborhood he called home, dealing with drugs and crime heavily, after an eventual screw up and with his old gang turned against him after a drug deal gone bust he decided to hop over to another city, start fresh, clean, but he quickly found out that money was hard to come by when you weren't trying to get your hands dirty, he dealt drugs occasionally, but that just didn't pay the bills, the day his life changed was when he got a letter in the mail telling him he could win a great deal of money participating in a game, he was about to throw it away as a hoax when one point caught his eye in the fine print, it said: Furthermore, We Are Unable To Guarantee The Safety Of The Participants In The Slightest. He turned in his entry card and in a few days a summons came, he went. He learned it6 was something called a Biz Game, dog-fights large companies conduct in secret, they fight in three on three teams consisting of home and away, if your home, you protect a disk containing information on the company, if your away, you get the disk, your the victor, but this one was unlike any other, because, in this Biz game, their was no winner. After David and his team won they were shuffled into a laboratory where they were experimented on, apparently a private research firm was interested in their "talents" unfortunately his teammates didn't survive the operation, they were testing various gene therapies on his teammates, he only knows one suffered a massive heart attack, the others skin disintegrated while he was still alive, but he was subject to testing on an unknown biological substance, a parasitic goo that they had contained for study, the parasite had been lying dormant for ages, despite the poking and prodding provided by the scientists, but something within David stirred it from its slumber.... unfortunately, it slaughtered the scientists and escaped the facility, leaving David on the run. The organism has no loyalties, no real intelligence to speak of, it is an animal, pure and simple, but it was an efficient animal, it bonds itself to its host and gives the host abilities far beyond that which it would normally have, but every so often it will hunger, and this is when it will take control of its host, going on a massive feeding frenzy, swallowing anything biological in its sight and integrating it into its own mass, it lays dormant within his body, bonded to his bones as a pink tinted, jellylike substance, it can move through skin easily and when it is activated a slight coating will cover Davids stomach, it will force anything it can against this thin layer of membrane and in a short time it will slowly break down and absorb the substance, David has done his best to keep it satisfied, but he doesn't know how much longer he can keep it up before he's caught

Powers:
David has extensive street fighting skills and decent aim, but his real power comes from the parasite, It cannot be separated from its host, and only goes dormant after feeding, which happens irregularly and without warning, the parasite is infinitely malleable and can reproduce at an alarming rate, though it will never grow to a size that cannot be contained by its host, it has adhesive properties and can be used to sling from place to place as well as a sort of remote manipulation, usually manifesting in the form of tendrils coming from the wrists (think something like spider mans webs) David becomes much more dangerous when possessed, his finer motor skills become impaired and his movements seem jerky and inhuman, as the parasite is not used to controlling an non-malleable body, The membrane, or the parasites form itself is created from two basic types of sentient bacteria working in tandem, the first and most numerous is referred to as Phagous, it is the actual membrane, it has a widespread molecular structure, making it able to withstand massive trauma like an object many times its size, cushioning blows with ease while still remaining lightweight, most traumatic blows can be turned away relatively easily, falls from buildings and similar physically traumatic experiences can be survived with the help of this cell, it is highly malleable, and uses any and all energy as a catalyst for reproduction or movement, its receptors store any unanchored, or unused energy it comes into contact with, for example, mechanical energy dispersed by the body when running can be snatched from the atmosphere and reused by the bacteria, making tiring an almost impossibility, though the bacteria DOES burn through energy at an alarming rate, which, at a certain point, will cause the parasite to take over, The Magous is the second type of cell, it is the fast moving, less numerous bacteria, which is invisible to the naked eye, this cell has the sensory functions necessary to direct the Phagous, because although the Phagous is the main body, it has no sensory capabilities with which to act on its own, because of this, the Magous picks up sensory images and transfers them almost instantaneously to the Phagous through a static communication, by "bumping" into the Phagous and transferring them through contact, though the Magous is INCREDIBLY fast, one being able to make contact with every single Phagous within three seconds, though, because of the number of Magous in a body (which easily numbers within the hundreds) it takes far less time, The Magous also helps in the defense also, while the Phagous takes the brunt of physical harm it is highly susceptible to other energy based assaults, such as fire, explosions, freezing temperatures, and this is where the Magous comes in, when an assault such as this is launched the Magous will use themselves to halt the attack, the Magous' structure makes them unable to transfer energy on any level, so that when they come into contact with an element such as heat energy, they can mass up at the site, completely halt the oncoming heat, and halt the onslaught, sloughing off the dead Phagous and Magous, leaving the rest unharmed, this is amazingly efficient because of how fast the Phagous regenerate, or multiply, although the Magous multiply at a far less alarming rate

PowerGrid:
David, Normal (Without Parasite)
David Cartwright DaveNormal
David, Parasite Addition (Parasite Capabilities)
David Cartwright DaveParasiteAddition
(Add to David, Normal to get base Grid)
David, Parasite Controlled (When he is Possessed by the Parasite)
David Cartwright DaveParasiteControlled

Character Image/Description:
David Cartwright Nobuto3

Last edited by Inferoo357 on November 17th 2009, 7:33 pm; edited 2 times in total

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

David Cartwright Ivanz
Da Boss
Da Boss
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 958
Job : Bandit Drake
Humor : Jeridmcelvain@gmail.com
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

David Cartwright Empty Re: David Cartwright

Post by The Black Knight November 7th 2009, 12:41 am

Approved.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Midway in life's journey, I found myself in the dark woods, The right way lost, To tell about those woods is difficult, so tangled and rough, It's savage just thinking of it now...I felt the old fear stirring, from where my shadows were born."

David Cartwright Blackknight1David Cartwright Blackknightgrid
The Black Knight
The Black Knight
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by The Black Knight November 7th 2009, 2:31 am

The link to your mask is broken, fucking fix it.

"Midway in life's journey, I found myself in the dark woods, The right way lost, To tell about those woods is difficult, so tangled and rough, It's savage just thinking of it now...I felt the old fear stirring, from where my shadows were born."

David Cartwright Blackknight1David Cartwright Blackknightgrid
The Black Knight
The Black Knight
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Entropus November 7th 2009, 10:17 am

Fixed for you. Approved

| Entropus, The Virtual Man |
David Cartwright SignatureentropusDavid Cartwright Entropusgrid
"I aspire rather to be a hero, than merely appear as one."
Entropus
Entropus
"From Darkness to Darkness"

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top