The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
David Barrett I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
David Barrett I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
David Barrett I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
David Barrett I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
David Barrett I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
David Barrett I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
David Barrett I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
David Barrett I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
David Barrett I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
David Barrett I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
David Barrett I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
David Barrett I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Tybrid
David Barrett I_vote_lcapDavid Barrett I_voting_barDavid Barrett I_vote_rcap 
SicilianDragon
Vorik
Cynical_Aspie

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

David Barrett

View previous topic View next topic Go down

David Barrett Empty David Barrett

Post by WhiteRaven03 July 4th 2015, 12:39 am

David Barrett
"I shall drown my sorrows in this little cup of coffee"

Basic Biography

Renegade/Hero/Villain Name: Truth-Eye.
Title: The Detective Guy.
Alignment: Lawful Good.
Race: Metahuman.
Hair: White.
Eyes: Red.
Height: 6'3.
Weight: 177.5 lbs.
Blood type: A+.

The Looks

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The Legacy

Personality:

David is known in his department as an overall nice guy, he has deep care in people close to him, often seen with a smile and keeping the spirits up wherever he goes to. He is never sad or depressed around others, often keeping his bad mood away from others. His best friend will always be coffee.

David's self while investigating cases is carefree and laidback, doing things one step at a time and looking over everything with care and deciding what he thinks is best, it usually is. His love for jazz is never ending.

History:

David was born as the rich and rejected child of the Faulkner family. He was the vessel of all of their hopes and dreams, they though that giving him everything he needed to become their perfect heir, amazing education, physical training from the best of all athlethes in America, body enhancements. But alas, he dropped out, wanting to live his own life, abandoning the dreams his family gave him.

But not before the death of his mother and the birth of his little sister Lynette, he was disowned by his father and taken to a foster family, the Barretts, a family known for their detectives and agents of the law. David was immediatly influenced by them, wishing to become a great detective or at least a police officer like most of his new accepting family members.

While he lived his new life with the Barrets he occasionaly went near the Faulkner manor and checked on Lynette regularly. One day he found the mansion recently destroyed and checked what happened inside, and there she was, bloodied and injured. He took her to a place where she could easily be seen and found.

At age 18, he joined a Police Academy in which he graduated with flying colors. He went from family outcast to renowned detective in Los Angeles. He quickly attained the unwanted nickname of Ace Detective for his skill at detecting and spotting crucial behavior and evidence that would usualy win his case.

When he was 25, in one of his many cases, it involved a bomb in a small bank that housed the accounts for celebrities and political figures. When he investigated the suspects, he was kidnapped and forced into the bank's basement, that had sound-proof walls and ceiling for some reason. In the basement was yet another bomb, this one was smaller and more compact, with a shorter blast radius. It was placed next to some documents that the bomber (who was standing right in front of him) wanted to destroy.

He figured out the plan immediatly though, the bomb in the vault was a decoy, while the real threat was the one that would be used to destroy the unknown documents. David figured the way to stop the man: he freed himself from the bindings of his chair and forced the man to stop the countdowns. The man obliged, but only stopped the vault one. David grabbed all of the papers and threw them as far away as posible. He only got halfway through when the grenade-sized bomb detonated so close to the detective, that both of his eyes were injured in the blast.

He was taken to the hospital immediatly and was declared blind, and given one option: a high risk experimental surgery that would make him a Metahuman, and give his eyesight back to him. The surgery consisted of applying a mask that connected his brain to a powerful computer that could generate image as if it were a pair of eyes. He needed faster reaction times and some extra endurance to be able to connect his brain properly to his mask.

He was enhanced and the results were better than expected, since his brain and reaction were already enhanced by genes and sheer intelligence, he could focus intensely and make time around himself seem to slow, as he could predict and plan ahead most moves.

David rejoined the Police and continued his life as a detective. But he saw his "powers" differently as others. The Police and even the military saw him as a weapon, but he thought he could make justice using his deductive abilities and his new "focusing" ability as tools for justice.

He took on the persona of Truth-Eye a private investigator and a vigilante of the city of Los Angeles.

The Powers and Weaknesses

Powers

Power 1: Truth Eye: David focuses intensely, uncovering expressions, feelings, lies, and evidence in the area in his field of view. He can use this to "slow" time for himself and predict moves and plan what to do beforehand. He can use his mother's inherited speed to dodge out of moves along with this ability.

Power 2: The Mind of a True Detective: He has amazing deductive abilities and can discover crucial facts about a case and deduce the plans of any (not really) villain. He also has extensive knowledge about body language.

Weakness(es)

Weakness 1: The focus only lasts for a few seconds, and he can't evade every attack easily, if an attack is not known normally (for a metahuman) or if it is an uncommon ability. He isn't very experienced on combat, so he heavily relies on his revolver. He has one hell of a mean kick though.

Weakness 2: He's a loner at heart, he is in truth not good with teamwork.

Weakness 2: His detective abilty only goes so far. Uncommon behavior and complex minds and plans are his weakness.

RP Mechanics

RP Mechanic(s):
Will die near the end of Lynette's storyline.
His threads will be centered in L.A.
His threads will be mostly in his detective work.

Items/Minions

Physical Priority
4.Agility
2.Endurance
1.Reaction
3.Strength
WhiteRaven03
WhiteRaven03

Quote : "How dare you attack a lady like that! And ripping her favourite dress too! I think you naughty little angels deserve a good spanking from me!"

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 33
Job : Being stupid.
Humor : All kinds of dirty.
Registration date : 2015-04-26

Back to top Go down

David Barrett Empty Re: David Barrett

Post by Forceaus July 11th 2015, 11:05 pm

Approved until stated otherwise

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : I am hilarious, and you will quote everything I say.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 2604
Job : It pays the bills
Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top