The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Best Party in New York
Walking around town (OPEN) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeToday at 6:44 pm by Fae7

» Kade
Walking around town (OPEN) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeToday at 5:57 pm by inquisitor

» [ALERT Side-Story] Home Is Where The (Undying) Heart Is [Invites Closed]
Walking around town (OPEN) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeToday at 4:06 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Walking around town (OPEN) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeToday at 2:44 am by Tybrid

» The VVitch
Walking around town (OPEN) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 24th 2024, 10:23 pm by Demonhunter

» Urban Exploration
Walking around town (OPEN) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 24th 2024, 5:11 pm by ProwlerKnight

» Stans in Umbra Mortis
Walking around town (OPEN) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 24th 2024, 4:54 am by Arcana

» Hell and Consequences [Alert]
Walking around town (OPEN) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2024, 3:24 pm by Hyperion

» Assassin in a Classroom
Walking around town (OPEN) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2024, 12:36 am by Tybrid

» Paint the Town Red
Walking around town (OPEN) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2024, 10:14 pm by Tybrid

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Walking around town (OPEN) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2024, 5:08 pm by ghost

» Green Ranger
Walking around town (OPEN) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2024, 2:17 am by Arcana

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Walking around town (OPEN)

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Walking around town (OPEN) - Page 2 Empty Re: Walking around town (OPEN)

Post by gerg174 April 10th 2014, 2:42 pm

When the man who had almost been part of his running over started to babble he took the subconscious step backwards, he really didn't need to deal with a crazy man on top of everything else. With the question of New York came up John started to fall on his made up dribble that he had heard from others that had been there but Connor was it... decided not to let him bother with an explanation.

John nodded along as CRDI was explained to him. It's a front... it's completely a front for something else. His suit, him being completely fine with hiring a guy he just saved from being run over, the company's claim to serve the greater good, it's a front. But whatever reason the company was around he was being offered free food and a chance for a job, John had done a lot worse for a lot less. "Alright then, not sure what I can tell you but I'm game."

gerg174

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2014-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Timmmithy April 10th 2014, 8:57 pm

As Trent pulled away to answer a fake call to smooth over the upcoming awkwardness, he paid attention to the conversation. Having heard the offer to lunch he "ended" the call

"Telemarketers, again." Said Trent, in an attempt to make his fake call seem real, "did I hear you offer an invite to lunch? Because I missed breakfast and I could use some food. By the way, I don't believe I introduced myself, my name is Trent."
Timmmithy

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2014-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by XxRedxX April 10th 2014, 9:13 pm

"Lunch it is." Connor stated, signaling the two to follow him as he started walking down the street. Being a CEO by day and a vigilante by night made it hard for him to meet 'normal' people and it was times like these that helped him stay connected to the people he sought to defend against evil. He was leading them to a pizzeria down a few blocks that was known to have some of the best pizza in Chicago, Connors meals are usually always perfectly portioned to give his body the nutrients it needs but ever once in a while he would dive into something delicious. Considering his bodies regenerative abilities he could almost work out infinitely, its also thanks to this power that he can stay up for hours on end before needing to shut down for some RNR.

"So Trent, where were you off to in such a hurry that your cab driver almost made our friend John here into a flatizza" He asked, still walking but turning his head back to look at the young man.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Walking around town (OPEN) - Page 2 Picnikcollage

https://www.superhero-rpg.com/t2134-red
https://www.superhero-rpg.com/t2869-violet
https://www.superhero-rpg.com/t2733-blue
XxRedxX
XxRedxX
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2011-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by gerg174 April 10th 2014, 11:31 pm

There was a sizable thwap from John's hand hit his face, was he really just compared to a subway gimmick? John let it roll past him. "Nice to have met you Trent, though I would have preferred it under less potentially painful circumstances."
gerg174

Back to top Go down

Post by Timmmithy April 11th 2014, 9:11 am

"To be honest, I wasn't really in a rush to go anywhere. I just told the can drive that to keep the fare low." Said Trent as he debated telling him the truth of his destination. "But I was off to the bar, I needed to discuss… some issues, with a co-worker, and have a good beer. Don't worry though, he had to bail on me so I'm still free for lunch."

Although this was the truth, Trent had to leave some details hidden. The issues involved illegal documents, and a couple of murders; which were both part of an investigation Trent was working on.

Trent had been sent to Chicago for a contract from a drug trafficker, Kyle Sampson. While Trent usually preferred to stay away from drugs, the payout was one of the biggest he had seen. Kyle's drug imports were being stolen and he needed to know who it was, this was Trent's job. At least it was supposed to be. It became a gong show when a culprit could not be found. Kyle was enraged by the failure, and sent two men to "erase" Trent, and two murders followed.
Timmmithy

Back to top Go down

Post by XxRedxX April 11th 2014, 7:58 pm

Opportunity is always the key to any successful endeavor, whether it be a chance at a new job or take advantage of an offer you just simply can't refuse. Many opportunities present themselves through out the day and a lot of people tend to ignore them or walk right past them. Unfortunately for a million dollar CEO of a major business who was walking around without bodyguards, an opportunity had aroused the attention of someone with villainous intent.

Like a shadow, the man weaved through the crowd, timing it perfectly as Connor was passing an alley way. He struck, taking ahold of Connor and quickly pulling him into the alley. The speed was inhuman, the man was obviously a bit of a cut above other typical robbers but sloppy at best. He didn't notice the other two men Connor was walking with but he didn't care. All he cared about was trying to take advantage of this opportunity to use the business man as ransom but honestly when most people act without truly thinking things through they turn an opportunity into a disaster.

"Keep moving you bastard you're my ticket to easy street!" The man was fast but Connor purposely dragged his feet to keep him from letting go full speed. Fast legs didn't mean he was very strong. However, when the man pushed a revolver against Connors head it was obvious how desperate he was.

"You know you can go a way for a long time kidnapping me and threatening me. especially when you have those extraordinary powers." Connor said mockingly, as the speedster pistol wiped him across the face splitting open Connors cheek.
"Shut up or your brains will decorate the bricks."

Honestly Connor didn't want to fight this man nor did he want to do so in front of his two new a quittances. If he could resolve this with words he would, he just hoped Trent and John wouldn't try to be heroes. Despite Johns size, Connor doubted he could take a bullet.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

XxRedxX
XxRedxX
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by gerg174 April 11th 2014, 9:35 pm

Sometimes fate has a funny way of setting people down paths, sometimes it is a leaf in the face, sometimes its a CEO who had just saved your life being grabbed by a mugger. Because John had been following Connor he saw him get pulled in faster than he thought a man could be pulled. He was immediately chasing after Connor and his assailant and rounded the corner just it time to watch the mugger strike Connor in the head with his pistol. Suddenly the look of death filled John's eyes, even in his most desperate hour he would never take another person hostage, he would fight other people and steal if he was truly starving but he would not put a gun to another person's head just to make a buck.

"Hey you asshole!" John yelled pointing at the man who had hit Connor in the head. "I'll give you the time it takes me to get my hands around your throat to let go of my friend and run."
gerg174

Back to top Go down

Post by Timmmithy April 11th 2014, 10:07 pm

Having been through far too many hassles in this town, Trent decided only to act at the last moment, trying to stay away from any more setbacks. He did however, follow Connor. Using a nearby ladder, he fluidly made his way up to the second story ledge of the building next the alley; which Trent had found to be rather difficult, this man was incredibly fast, and trying to keep up while balancing on a ledge was proving difficult. Still though, he managed to follow him.

Remaining undetected, he watched as Connor was hit, and John made what he believed, was a horrible decision, all while getting ready to make the move that was beginning to seem more and more inevitable.
Timmmithy

Back to top Go down

Post by XxRedxX April 13th 2014, 11:23 pm

"Oh, big tall and ugly wants to be a..." Before Connor realized just how unstable this man was, and before he could make a move to stop him, the gunman quickly popped a shot off at John. The gun mans speed was incredible, as fast as he had the gun shooting at John it was right back in Connors head.

"No!" Connor cried out, surprising the gun man by grabbing his arm and forcing the gun away from his head. Another shot rang off into the brick wall of the building as Connor forced him to drop his gun. Granted, Connor was a master martial artist but this man moved at incredible speeds as he unleashed a fury of punches backing Connor up into a wall. Bidding his time, he waited until finally seeing an open spot in the mans furious attack and landed a punch across the criminals face sending him backward surprised. Most average people wouldn't have been able to make a punch while being pummeled at those speeds but Connor was no normal human.

However, just before Connor could get his guard up the man at incredible speeds phased in front of Connor and jabbed his elbow into his ribs breaking one. It would heal obviously thanks to Connors enhanced healing factor but movement was a pain as the man was now going for his weapon once again so he could gain control of the situation.

XxRedxX
XxRedxX
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by gerg174 April 14th 2014, 4:43 pm

John heard the gun go off and felt a flash of pain in his chest, it caused him to fold over the blow but after a moment realized he wasn't dead. Those that could see him however would see his bio-armor cover him just as the bullet was fired, looking at him you could see the bullet lodged inside the armor itself with blood around it. John's subconscious may be fast but not faster than a bullet.

As John stood up he saw Connor and his attacker fight and saw Connor take a blow the ribs. Not realizing the form change he had undergone he charged forward and threw a punch at the gunman aiming for his jaw with his newly armored fist.
gerg174

Back to top Go down

Post by Timmmithy April 14th 2014, 6:51 pm

As John threw himself at the kidnapper, keeping him busy and away from his gun, Trent lept down from the ledge, and sprinted for the weapon. He figured if he wasn't going to fight, he could at least make it easier for the others.

Still slightly hungover from the night before, his sprint was clumsy, but he managed to grab the gun, and disappear once again. This time, he was behind a dumpster. As he glanced back at the fight, he noticed that, thanks to his stumble, the speed demon had caught a glimpse of Trent.

Still not wanting to fight, he made a dash for more cover. He rounded a corner, and leaped up onto a window on the second floor, frantically trying to get in, he smashed the window, and vaulted in. He made his way across the empty warehouse floor to the stairwell, and ran to the roof top, which was four floors up. From there he peered over the edge, happy to notice the criminal had lost him.
Timmmithy

Back to top Go down

Post by XxRedxX April 17th 2014, 11:50 pm

The speedster gunman didn't make it to his gun, John, who had now transformed into some sort of new being, made sure of that. The punch sent the man tumbling to the ground unconscious as Trent swept down to receive the weapon that was used. Meanwhile, Connor was already starting to recover when he looked up to see what had unfolded. "John?" He muttered out, acting surprised but not truly surprised, meta humans were abundant these days. "is...is everyone alright?"

XxRedxX
XxRedxX
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by gerg174 April 18th 2014, 9:07 pm

Connor's words fell on deaf ears as John stared dumb-founded at his arm, it was his arm right. "W-wh-what the Hell did he do to me? Joh's head was spinning trying to make sense of what was happening, he was shot, was somehow alive and covered in a substance he could not understand. A sharp pain brought John's eyes back to his chest where the bullet still was sitting where his sternum would normally be.

The bio-armor seemed to go away on its own once the danger seemed to have passed leaving the bullet sticking out of John's bleeding chest. "I could be worse I guess..."
gerg174

Back to top Go down

Post by Timmmithy April 18th 2014, 10:50 pm

After watching the very brief and one sided scrap between John and the speedster, Trent realized it was all over. He climbed down the building using window sills and decorative ledges. When he reached the bottom, he pulled the magazine out of the gun and tossed it in the dumpster.

"Let's keep this day gun free from here forward" said Trent as he smirked and threw the gun behind him. "And ya, I'm fine by the way."

Trent walked over to the unconscious body, and as he put his sunglasses on, he kicked it. "A meta I guess, just like our massive friend here. Ain't that right, Johnny boy?" Said Trent as he looked at Connor to see what he thought of John's armour.
Timmmithy

Back to top Go down

Post by XxRedxX April 22nd 2014, 5:29 pm

This was an interesting development, he had little suspicion that John was anything more than just a very lucky, overly size man. However, it would turn out that this man without a past is actually a meta human. No past history, it is highly likely he was created and fairly recently.

"Fascinating." Connor stated, looking at John whose armor disappeared and revealed the bullet was still in his chest but  barely broke skin. "Did you not know you had that armor John?" Connor asked, pulling a white, unused, handkerchief from his pocket and offering it to him to clean up the blood.

Looking at Trent, Connor wasn't sure what to think. The man possessed some skills that were far beyond any normal person which made him a bit cautious towards the man but he didn't show it in his face. Connor rubbed his ribs, they were healed already but he winced like he was in pain. "Lucky me, I don't think anything is broken."

Police on patrol made their way down the ally and immediately handcuffed the speedsters hands and feet. Having plenty of witnesses see what happened it was clear the officers were uneasy around John, one having his hand resting on his holstered weapon not sure what to think of the man who could cover himself in armor.

XxRedxX
XxRedxX
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by gerg174 April 22nd 2014, 6:47 pm

"Fascinating." Not exactly what John would use to describe the moment but in a way he took some minor comfort in the fact that neither of his companions were freaking out anywhere in the ballpark of him. He limply took the handkerchief and used it to pull the bullet from himself and wipe away the blood from his chest, anyone looking at it could see that the blood had already clotted. "No, no I had no idea. If I did you think I would be having trouble finding work?"

The gunshot had drawn enough attention that John knew that he was seen as he had changed into whatever it was that he had turned into and now that the cops were arresting the man that had attacked he could hear that mummer that was unmistakable, fear. John himself was nervous about meta-humans just because he could not know what would happen, these people were no different. John turned his head towards the officer not making the arrest and saw that his hand was on his weapon, even the police were afraid of what John could do.

John got back up on his feet now with the blood wiped away and his head a little more wrapped around the situation though it still wasn't much. Turning to Connor a mildly hysterical smile broke across his lips. "Connor I hope you have a good PR department."
gerg174

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top