The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Gazing into The Abyss - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeToday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Gazing into The Abyss - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Gazing into The Abyss - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Gazing into The Abyss - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Gazing into The Abyss - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Gazing into The Abyss - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Gazing into The Abyss - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Gazing into The Abyss - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Gazing into The Abyss - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
Gazing into The Abyss - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Gazing into The Abyss - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Gazing into The Abyss - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Tybrid
Gazing into The Abyss - Page 2 I_vote_lcapGazing into The Abyss - Page 2 I_voting_barGazing into The Abyss - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
SicilianDragon
Gazing into The Abyss - Page 2 I_vote_lcapGazing into The Abyss - Page 2 I_voting_barGazing into The Abyss - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Vorik
Cynical_Aspie

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Gazing into The Abyss

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gazing into The Abyss - Page 2 Empty Re: Gazing into The Abyss

Post by Arcana October 2nd 2013, 11:21 pm

The all consuming sphere and its dangerous tendrils would lash out, and eviscerate anything that touched the nether cursed material that composed it. Sean couldn’t really see through the darkness that he had enveloped himself in, but the Nether and its fluctuations was something that he was more than confident in. Even the most disciplined teams would find themselves falling in the way of such destructive potential, one that level city blocks within its wake and one that lowered the greatest of men to nothing more than decaying piles of rotting tissue. If one allowed this power to continue its destructive spree, the city of New York would be nothing but a pile of rubble within a matter of hours, and that was something that he was sure the mortals would not want. Anyone with a magical sense could feel the dark energy radiating from the fallen city, and it was likely that they were shivering from that dark force alone.

Suspended within the muck, Sean arched his back as his eyes drifted half shut, and body would simply hover about within the great thing. He was not fully aware of the powerful construct that was now forming outside, but something told him that there was a danger to him forming, and that meant that he would have to pick up the pace. His mind commanded that the energy given physical form around him move to take a better shape and one that would perhaps allow for a more efficient way of dealing with his foes, who were skilled. What seemed like grasping fingers would form from the orb, as the blades that destroyed so much would retreat back within the construct, sending ripples across its non Newtonian surface. The fact that the energy had taken such a strange form was not only unsettling, but perhaps a sign that the change within Nether was possible.

He could hear the sound of an explosion, as something seemed to batter the exterior of the large construct, forcing the limbs that were taking form to splatter apart and fall into its surface. For a moment that would seem to stop it from moving at all, the thing freezing in place as the luminescent hue about the orb would continue. It would stay frozen for a moment, any attack upon it slowly witling away the thick exterior until it would hit what looked like a solid layer of Nether, like a concrete wall without the change of giving away to anything. Something was happening within that orb, but one could not really figure out what that something was, other than it was going to be deadly. The Titan King still suspended within the muck.

Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 2473
Registration date : 2011-02-08

Back to top Go down

Gazing into The Abyss - Page 2 Empty Re: Gazing into The Abyss

Post by The Valtiari October 7th 2013, 12:45 am

Their constant efforts were denied against the impressive durability of the dark sphere that encased their target. The three of them were running out of ideas on how to stop this monstrosity. Whatever it was, it had appeared to stop rotating and lost the spikes that had previously protruded from its surface. Some damage seemed to have been done, but nothing significant. Valentina retreated to a building that was still somewhat standing while her two brothers hovered above the wasteland. The latest addition was now hand like extremities that extended from the sphere. The three kept their distance seeing as they were mostly there to just protect the sphere, or so it seemed.
There was little to no discussion about what had to be done next. Giovanni on top of his dragon began to fly high in the air and Valentina moved towards and joined up with Yvonne as they made their way further from the area that contained the sphere. After they put a couple blocks between them and the sphere, Yvvone erected a barrier around the both of them. Meanwhile Giovanni had continued the climb into the sky. He would have been over the cloud cover if the air was not so thick with this toxic energy. He could just feel it lingering in the air and just knew that this man, whoever or whatever he was, needed to be stopped as soon as possible.

After making it a hundreds of feet into the air, Gio positioned his large construct into a full speed nose dive. He moved the creature with as much speed and as much power as he could on a crash course with the sphere. With only less than one hundred feet from ground zero, Giovanni bailed creating another smaller, more agile bird-like creature that sped him out of the blast radius as fast as possible. The massive dragon construct aimed to make contact with the sphere and detonate in a devastating explosion. One large enough to hopefully damage or disturb the orb in any way, shape, or form. The blast wrecked a few nearby buildings while also shaking the surrounding ground. The cloud created by the blast could probably be seen by the rest of the city, more than likely drawing unwanted attention. The speed at which some of the debris was flying struck Yvvone's shield with such force that it managed to crack it slightly. While the destruction was still settling, Giovanni would make his way to meet up with his two siblings to wait and see if their last attempt had done anything. If not, they were more than prepared to take it up another notch.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Valentina Xzayviera Valtiari
Giovanni Massimizziano Valtiari
Yvvone Germain Valtiari
The Valtiari
The Valtiari

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2013-07-29

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top