The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Denver's Demons
Return to Molbury I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Return to Molbury I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2024, 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Return to Molbury I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Return to Molbury I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Return to Molbury I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Return to Molbury I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Return to Molbury I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Return to Molbury I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Return to Molbury I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
Return to Molbury I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Return to Molbury I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Return to Molbury I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Seamus McAndrews
Return to Molbury I_vote_lcapReturn to Molbury I_voting_barReturn to Molbury I_vote_rcap 
Cynical_Aspie
Return to Molbury I_vote_lcapReturn to Molbury I_voting_barReturn to Molbury I_vote_rcap 
Tybrid
SicilianDragon
Vorik

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Return to Molbury

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Return to Molbury Empty Return to Molbury

Post by Samify July 19th 2013, 12:45 pm

It had been two years since Sam's life had changed forever. He was a typical lad until the day he entered Molbury Forest with his friends and was attacked by... whatever it was. Sam deemed it time to face a small sliver of his past, he put on his Smoke outfit and made his way to the forest under the cover of darkness.

The years had not been kind to the forest, two years ago the trees actually had leaves on them, but despite perfect weather for the trees to grow, they continued to rot and die as if there was something here stopping them from living. Smoke took one long look at the sign in front of the forest "Molbury Forest, the Nation's favourite forest" Sam immediately dismissed the sign with a shake of the head "It certainly isn't my favourite forest..." he thought as he took his first steps back into the forest. The further he walked into the forest, the foggier it became, it soon became tough to see just a few steps in front of him. Sam continued walking straight, he did not know exactly where he was trying to go, and he did not even think about how he would escape this place, his thoughts stopped dead as he stepped on something hard and it crackled, he looked down to see it was a foot bone "Jesus...." he thought, human bones in the same forest as he was in is not a good sight, the reason for killing this person could very well still be here. He moved his eyes further up the body to see the complete skeleton with some shreds of clothing still on them, he reluctantly placed his hands in the skeletons pocket and revealed a wallet, after opening it and studying the personal I.D, Sam found out who this skeleton was, it was one of the friends he ventured into the forest with... "If he is still here, I assume none of them survived... God damn" he thought angrily, why was he allowed to survive and not his friends? He assumed they were all attacked by the same thing, but why was Sam spared? These questions can not be answered now, maybe even never, he threw the wallet back down onto the ground and continued walking.

Sam's heart rate continued to rise with every second he spent going further and further into the forest, it wasn't very long until Sam was met by another crackle under his feet, another one of his friends skeletons? No, it was a large pile of burnt twigs that formed a sort of rectangle shape, this did not look like something that teenagers would have made, it looked like it had a purpose. The surroundings suddenly turned colder as Smoke studied the burnt twigs further, he picked one up and looked at it carefully, suddenly it was smacked out of his hand by a spirit flying by him, the same spirit that he had met two years ago. "Stop! I just want to talk to you!" he shouted, "If you can speak English" he then thought, the ball of smog had dissapeared from his sight until it showed itself, this time flying at a much slower pace, as if it was intrigued by Smoke. The ball of smog began circling him very slowly and closely, like a skittish dog meeting someone for the first time, it seemed to be studying him and it flew away slightly, the ball began to change shape, legs appeared from the bottom, arms from the side and a head with long, black smoggy hair, it seemed to be a woman wearing a long dress, the details on her body were not visible though, she appeared as a smoking entity in front of him, it looked to Smoke that she did not seem afraid of him anymore.

There was a moment of awkward silence, what was Smoke meant to say? He was staring at a spirit! The spirit broke the silence however, "You... You entered this place two years ago" her voice seemed calm and soothing whilst slightly aggressive at the same time, she also had an american accent which was strange for a place like this, the ghost seemed to have a great memory when it came to remembering who came in the forest and when, it seemed to be her domain, her home, and she did not appreciate intruders.

"Yes I did, with a group of my friends... You flew through me and gave me this power... Who are you?" he asked, he did not want to seem too forward, the spirit could easily fly away or worse, attack Smoke again.

"My name is Krystah..." her blank face remained motionless, "You are now standing in the last place I existed in a physical form" Smoke looked down and realized he was still standing on the burnt pile of twigs, he felt extremely disrespectful and he took a quick step to the side to right it. "My husband... he was an amazing man... I loved him dearly... but one day he became mad and thought I was a witch... someone with supernatural powers although I was not." Smoke was interested in hearing who this ghost was before she died, he had to listen out of respect. "He grabbed me and tied me up... he brought me deep inside this forest where you stand today and tied me to a post, he was speaking gibberish, almost as if he was having an argument with himself... He set the post alight and cheered as he watched me slowly burn..." her eyes were fixed on Smoke throughout the entire story, something that he found very disturbing, Smoke felt saddened by this woman's story, it was not her fault and there was nothing she could do about it. "He left after the deed was done and left me to die... when I did finally pass I became what you see now... I found him and killed him slowly and horribly" Krystah sounded both angry and pleased with herself at the same time.

"That does not explain why you are still here." Smoke said, trying to get her story back on track.

"I returned here to stop anyone from entering this horrific place... This place is filled with evil and it should not be faced by humans" she had a valid reason, although it still did not explain why she spared him.

"The friends I entered with... are they all?..." Sam stopped the question, he did not want to go into much detail about it, Krystah nodded however, she understood what he meant. He looked around in silence for a short while before returning to her, he sounded slightly more angry this time when he asked "Then why did you not kill me!? Why did you give me this curse?!... Why did I have to be spared?"

The spirit cocked her head to the side, she must have been confused about why this man in front of her wanted to be killed and not spared. "I did not kill you because people must learn... If I killed everyone who entered my forest, nobody would know about them and intruders would continue to enter, if I leave one, they have the power to tell others of what they saw and tell them to stay away from this place. As for your powers... I knew you was different from everybody else, you had honour and respect, two traits that are hard to come by in this day and age"

Smoke could not believe what he was hearing, she killed his friends and let him live simply so he could tell his tale to others, and she gave him powers that ruined his previous life because she wanted to, an unacceptable reason, but there was nothing he could do about it now. "So now what?... What am I supposed to do?" he asked, his life was going nowhere and he needed to know what to do and if he was meant for greater things.

"You are on this world for a purpose Sam... soon you will find out what that purpose is." With those words, she shimmered into the mist and disappeared, this whole experience had been eye opening for him, he was on this planet for a purpose? He wanted that moment to come fast, but for now he had to continue stopping low life thugs and petty crimes until something else came along.
Samify
Samify
Posting Master
Posting Master

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 481
Humor : Drinking Tea and Eating Crumpets
Registration date : 2013-07-16

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCv4VHS8LPwWgfiwDoyxzapA

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top