The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Daniel Aarons (Dynamo) (Complete) I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Daniel Aarons (Dynamo) (Complete) I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Daniel Aarons (Dynamo) (Complete) I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Daniel Aarons (Dynamo) (Complete) I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Daniel Aarons (Dynamo) (Complete) I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Daniel Aarons (Dynamo) (Complete) I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Daniel Aarons (Dynamo) (Complete) I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Daniel Aarons (Dynamo) (Complete) I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Daniel Aarons (Dynamo) (Complete) I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
Daniel Aarons (Dynamo) (Complete) I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Daniel Aarons (Dynamo) (Complete) I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Daniel Aarons (Dynamo) (Complete) I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Cynical_Aspie
Daniel Aarons (Dynamo) (Complete) I_vote_lcapDaniel Aarons (Dynamo) (Complete) I_voting_barDaniel Aarons (Dynamo) (Complete) I_vote_rcap 
Tybrid
Daniel Aarons (Dynamo) (Complete) I_vote_lcapDaniel Aarons (Dynamo) (Complete) I_voting_barDaniel Aarons (Dynamo) (Complete) I_vote_rcap 
SicilianDragon
Vorik

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Daniel Aarons (Dynamo) (Complete)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Daniel Aarons (Dynamo) (Complete) Empty Daniel Aarons (Dynamo) (Complete)

Post by Dansen July 24th 2012, 4:10 pm

Super Hero/Villain/Renegade/etc Name: Dynamo (First Nickname that was give to him that stuck)
Title: Battery Boy, Lightning Rod, Electric Detective (All names given to him by the media.)
Alignment: Good
Race: Caucasian
Hair: Black
Eyes: Dark Blue
Height: 5'10
Weight: 145lbs

Costume Description/Image:
Spoiler:

Personality: Daniel for the most part is taciturn; he very rarely reacts to any provocation towards him and acts only on what he sees as a justifiable way of getting to his objective. This does not mean he is robotic though and when he gets to something he finds tedious or uninteresting Daniel will usually make his thoughts on the situation known, usually in a rather sarcastic or condescending manner. Though he is all for the use of justice and takes the defeat of criminal behaviour somewhat seriously Daniel has the habit of slowing the pace of a investigation to ascertain all the different workings of the criminal he is chasing and this leads to him perhaps over thinking his actions to the point that no stone is left unturned when the ‘Electric Detective’ is on a case.

He finds the killing of anyone even those who commit the most disgusting crimes abhorrent meaning it would take quite a lot to push him to that and has a distinct dislike of fighting against women even those he knows could be a threat. However though he is against killing he is by no means against getting information or intimidating the negative element of the human race by force, a broken femur once in a while or hanging a criminal over a 5 story building with threats to drop him may seem extreme but for Daniel it is better to be feared as a vigilante than be respected as a hero. Overall though his actions may be seen to be overly aggressive but for the sake of justice Daniel is willing to beat down the criminal element to find answers and uncover his own past that is a mystery to even himself.

History:
Daniel’s past was always a mystery to him. As a young boy no older than 5 or 6 was where he could remember back to, the only thing he could remember was the fear of an unknown assailant and a young boy running for his life. Daniel himself was not born in a hospital with proud parents or nurses around him instead from birth he was poked and prodded by scientists from a distance though he cannot remember it he was in fact and lab rat, born like many others to accomplish one goal, create an artificial meta-human through testing. Daniel’s young mind shut out many of his experiences and horrors of that were inflicted on him and though his earliest memory is one of fear and terror the next was an experience all together alien to him. Freedom.

After being found at the ripe age of 6 on the streets half starved and having nothing more than a ragged patients robe on him the young boy was sent to an orphanage unfortunates having nowhere else to go. Upon entering the orphanage he was asked for his name but none had been given to the boy, he was simply a number or a letter while being brought up on strange sequences of numbers and tests to see if seemingly Daniel was a still a stable and viable ‘candidate’ for experiments he would never know of upon giving no name to the patrons of the orphanage one gave him one ‘Daniel’ meaning “God is my judge” the name seemingly stuck and the nameless boy was now a working member of society, at least for a while . Many years would pass and the boy excelled at his studies at the orphanage his thirst for knowledge lead to him being bullied by the older and more unsavory members of his little family, at 12 he was making excuses for black-eyes and bruises across his body the prepubescent young man was a bundle of rage with no outlet, then he found one that helped him grow into the man he was today.

A boxing club owned by Daniel’s soon to be mentor and father figure William ‘Mad Dog’ Rogers was introduced to Daniel by a few of the orphans as Daniel entered the club Rogers wondered why a rather scrawny 12-year old would want to train in boxing, admittedly his reasons were all wrong but Daniel did not want to be a punching bag anymore so he wished to train to at least get some payback from his tormentors. However as time went on Daniel started to gain more discipline and respect for Rogers and his wishes for the young man to use his strength for self-defense not for revenge, being trained from Boxing to some Taekwondo at 16 Daniel had been taught basics for both for his own self defense and made up the rest of his skill with his intellect, but it was not until he was 16 that his life began to change.

It had seemed that with his escape from his captors at a young age came his strange new powers that awakened within him as he hit 16, when he came of age he suddenly gained the power of Electrokinesis but was not aware of it for a while, it lead to him shocking himself literally as he walked through large puddles after rainstorms and absorbing electricity through his skin naturally draining energy from the orphanage with his very presence, noting the new powers with these strange occurrences Daniel set about leaving the orphanage as to move in with Rogers who was happy to welcome the boy he had seen grow up for the last 4 years, this was until both of their lives were never the same again.

Daniel was away from the club when thieves broke in, he was testing if he could shoot lightning with limited result having small shocks come from his hands and drain his stamina as soon as they dispersed it was soon to be the least of his problems as he missed were teens no older than him break in and find themselves staring down Rogers as he tried to stop them defiling his home. It was to no avail he was a man in his late 50s with a bad hip and no more stamina, there were three of them and one of him and it only took one with a gun and a shaky trigger finger to end the life of the old man. Daniel heard the gunshot from afar and began to run across the roofs and streets to its location he dreaded what he would find when he found the police going in the direction of his new home and when he arrived at the club there was nothing but police officers clearing the scene and an ambulance carrying a dead body back to the morgue. The feelings of anger and sorrow grew over the next few days, people from the orphanage came to console Daniel but he was focused on one thing, Vengeance. He prepared seemingly over the next couple of days to go to war, he purchased a mask to cover his face as he made to look for the men who would kill his best friend and mentor and wore a large trench coat to look menacing in the darkness where he would hunt.

He found his prey all to quickly teen rowdy and drunk from their payoff at another heist most likely, he descended upon the three who killed and man in cold blood and quickly set about punishing them to set an example and get his revenge but soon when he started to grab one of his enemies looking to send the power of an electrical chair through his body to finish him off he saw how young the guy was, no older than him he was not a hardened criminal but a kid forced to commit crime to put food on his own table no longer was there a sense of hatred but one of pity. Daniel left the three in a heap hoping they would not remember what he had done left with more than just a guilt ridden conscience but also a new mission. He was young but he was strong, smart and ready to deal with injustices like an old man dying in his own home he thought that to stop creating more victims he would have to strike fear into the criminal psyche he was to be a judge against those who would harm the innocent as his named suggested. The next few years would be seemingly unrecorded and the young boy was just considered missing, but soon a reporter by the name of Daniel Aarons appeared to join the profession of freelance journalism and soon with his appearance a new vigilante wielding retractable knives under his menacing cloak that seemingly flew with the power of an electrical amp and though he has never been seen to be conversing with any police or authorities he is known to be on the scene before even the cops, this lead to the papers giving the seemingly electricity powered hero a fitting name befitting his source of power coming from energy around him that he uses against his enemies.

“The new Vigilante hitting the criminal underworld who is Dynamo!?”

With a hidden past and a never-ending quest to seek justice this newly nicknamed Dynamo is ready to make a big impact on the criminal factor anytime and anywhere.

Powers:
Electokinesis-Daniel’s power allows him to for the most part absorb and contain electrical energy in his body like a living generator, this allows him to redirect most of the energy in bolts though this is a tiring process and leads to him using direct contact or some kind of catalyst to electrocute his opponents instead to a lesser effectiveness than if he would uses his bolts. This also leads to other effects like his inability to use guns due to the gunpowder exploding upon contact with his charged body, this can help however if his enemy is using a gun as contact with it leads to explosive results. However the young electric powered man cannot deal with large bodies of water leading to him getting shocked if he is to come into contact with bodies’ water as big as a pool or shock the ground if in contact with a puddle or other liquids.

Daniel can also gains back his electricial power by absorbing energy from around him whether it is from a generator or a streetlamp if it’s powered by electricity it can also power the young Dynamo himself however the absorption is only enough to energize him and does nothing to revitalize his body simply his power to keep releasing power . Moreover due to his Electrokinesis the young man also has limited immunity to mind-reading and mind-control as he can manipulate his synapses to make it harder for a telepath to get a read on him it is not impossible to read his mind though it would take a bit of extra effort from masters of the mind.

Those these abilities have been perfected Daniel still has more to learn about his own powers and to the extent that his Electrokinesis can grow which even to Daniel's own knowledge is difficult to determine there is hope he may have more good side effects than bad in the near future...Hopefully

Superhuman Intellect-Daniel’s intelligence is not wasted on trivial pursuits and is for the most part focused on studying and collect evidence from crime scenes and gaining an understanding into the psyche of a criminal that works to improve his skill as a vigilante detective and punisher. This intellect however makes him rather introverted and somewhat paranoid in his actions leading to a distrust of even his own skills added with his guilt of failing to successfully saving the innocent leading him to indecisive actions.

With his intellect Daniel has made a name for himself as a skilled detective however and is capable of seeing connections where there seemingly aren't any to find this allows him to plan accordingly with who he is facing and find the best way to deal with opponents he knows are stronger than he is or whose powers leave even the electrically gifted Dynamo at a disadvantage.

Power Grid:
STR:3
SPD:3
END:2
INT:5
EP:6
FS:3

Power Grid colors: White and Black

Character Image/Description:
Spoiler:
Roleplay Sample:

The quiet night was a breeding ground for countless dirty dealings and a good ambush from the shadows could be permitted from the scum that appeared at this time of the day. One such instance was pair of thugs looking to break into a apartment probably looking to case the joint before the owners came back from their anniversary dinner. The two bickered as they both with crowbars tried to crack the lock off the door, "How long is this gonna take man how we know this place even got anything good?" The seemingly dim robber looked like a dear in headlights as his more collected partner turned and said to him "Cause genius their young and dumb enough to go out on a night like this and hire a limo for some dumb ass anniversary if they don't gotta any money then we can just take what we want and leave" The observation seemed rather simple in its nature then again most who are brought to crime usually aren't Harvard graduates.

Still they were both getting pretty close to pulling the lock apart, it was about now that Dan-- No, it was about time Dynamo got ready to put a little fear into idiots like this. Looking over from an apartment building on the other side of the one that the crooks were looking to invade, the masked vigilante looked to if his equipment was all operational, his retractable blades that he hid under his jacket were seemingly all clear and working as well as ever it wouldn't take much for him to take these two down but instilling fear was always a positive against enemies. The blade shot through the window that Dynamo was looking through, the line was secure to the roof and seemingly it would hold the young man's weight and with a griping source the man flew through the window and shattered the glass onto the floor. The two thugs looked like they had just seen a ghost and the dim one almost fell over from the shock, the young man looked at the lights and noticed the hall they were in was much to bright for his liking so now would have been the best time to make it more accommodating for the darker vigilante only one warning came before the lights blew out from Dynamo blasting a shock from his hands "Lights out...."

The corridor blacked out for a minute and soon the one of the criminals took out a gun and began to shoot at the location that Dynamo 'use' to be now he was moving towards them to and it was only a few seconds before the thug with the gun would hear his accomplice screaming as he lit up for a moment from the electricity coming from direct contact with the electric young man it was only matter of moving a few steps to the guy with the gun and then grabbing the gun and the thug's hand then saying to the moron "I'll be taking this" the gunpowder with the pistol then exploded and the thug fell back screaming and turning around to run but it would not work as Dynamo would fling one of his blades at him so the wire it was connected to would swing back and clothesline the thug and fall to the ground.

With both of them taken down Dynamo used his cell and then suddenly turned from his rather stoic persona to one of Daniel as he changed to sound shocked and gasping in fear as he called the police and explained the situation saying "Hello! Police I'm at apartment complex 2142 it looks like there was a robbery please come quick!" Dynamo came back again and procured some cuffs from his pocket and put two pairs onto the thugs and then turned back to use his blades to get out of the area before the police called up on the home invasion "Just another day at the office..." The last thing Dynamo thought to himself as he quickly fled the scene swinging on the wire to the darkness below.

Last edited by Dansen on July 26th 2012, 6:59 pm; edited 4 times in total
Dansen
Dansen

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Daniel Aarons (Dynamo) (Complete) Empty Re: Daniel Aarons (Dynamo) (Complete)

Post by Dansen July 26th 2012, 10:54 am

Ready for Review Very Happy
Dansen
Dansen

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard July 31st 2012, 1:08 pm

Approved. <3 Have fun RPing!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]-
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
~Main Characters~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
~NPCs~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top