The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
There's Something About the Color Blue I_icon_minitimeToday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
There's Something About the Color Blue I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
There's Something About the Color Blue I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
There's Something About the Color Blue I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
There's Something About the Color Blue I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
There's Something About the Color Blue I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
There's Something About the Color Blue I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
There's Something About the Color Blue I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
There's Something About the Color Blue I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
There's Something About the Color Blue I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
There's Something About the Color Blue I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
There's Something About the Color Blue I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Cynical_Aspie
There's Something About the Color Blue I_vote_lcapThere's Something About the Color Blue I_voting_barThere's Something About the Color Blue I_vote_rcap 
Tybrid
There's Something About the Color Blue I_vote_lcapThere's Something About the Color Blue I_voting_barThere's Something About the Color Blue I_vote_rcap 
SicilianDragon
Vorik

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

There's Something About the Color Blue

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

There's Something About the Color Blue Empty There's Something About the Color Blue

Post by Bliss February 19th 2012, 12:08 am

It just brings out the color of disappointment in travel plans. And once it comes out you can never get it out. Smoke pilfered from the end of Bliss's cigarette into the cloud hovering above her head. Dive little venues like this one littered the streets of downtown Toronto, a town that people use to like for its artsy scene, until people with no clue heard and tried to turn it into something their little brains could understand. At least it didn't get turned into something really lame like Vancouver, but still, Bliss held her judgments with reservation to the girl behind the bar. Her name was Caroline and she kept Bliss supplied while she nursed a couple of "Seven and Sevens" while she casually talked over the racket coming from the stage. When she asked why Bliss came to Toronto Bliss told her she came to see the band. Caroline didn't believe her since Bliss could hardly keep from cringing as the singer couldn't get on key.

The diversion of the night brought little comfort to Bliss, but it beat her day job. She came for the off chance of meeting up with a man with a power she thought would help her out. The disappointment didn't come from not finding him, that she could live without. Meeting up with the man proved Bliss needed to work a little harder on checking people's backgrounds so that she didn't wind up in a face off with a cannibal who really wanted to try some Japanese food. Not her best attempt at contacting and recruiting someone to help her against Doctor Necrodium, but not her worst. All in all she did rid the world of one less cannibal who found her hard to swallow.

Now she just sat and watched as some crew from wither the venue or the roadcrew broke down the stage. "They're terrible." Bliss said with her hand shaking the glass to let an ice cube drip into her mouth.

"I could do without the music. Hard to get tips when no one can hear me talking them up." With the break in music the flow of the room broke away from the stage area and looked like a wave of people who don't tip bartenders would break upon her.

"Yeah, it makes it too noisy. Who's next?" The fire of her cigarette let out a cloud of smoke as she dug the end into a tray.

"You should take it easy on those. That's your third in an hour." With a bottle of liquor in her hand, Caroline looked over to Bliss with friendly concern. "It's not healthy for you or your skin."

"Trust me honey." Bliss pushed away from the bar with a little wooziness. "It doesn't do a whole lot with how I'm built." To her credit smoking brought an ease to her, but not because of the nicotine. She just loved the warmth it brought her chilly lungs. Coffee, hot chocolate, and cigarettes became her favorite commodities since her operation from Necrodium left her with an icy body. Even with the harm of cigarettes Bliss didn't know if they actually harmed her or shortened her life. Given her run in with the cannibal cigarettes would take a back seat to things ending her life prematurely.

The heels of her suede boots pressed the floor with a solid knock from the wide base she liked for balance. Anything smaller made balancing during fights difficult, and Bliss hated not wearing boots. They fit snug along her calves and lifted in size to keep the tights from wearing by rubbing against them. A long scarf dipped down her yellow sweater and hung against her black, pleated skirt. She walked for the door, passing the band as they made their way to the back of the venue. "I'd give you the key to my place, but I know how hard it is for you to carry those things." Bliss flipped her head back; her hair fell against her shoulder blades, even pulled back it still retained some length.

Nighttime in Toronto always looked nice, but in the winter time especially. Lights draped along the walkways reflected so magnificently against the water. But Bliss wanted to make this a little more special. As she stretched her hands out over the stone side of the bridge she peaked over and began to exert some strength from the powers she gained. Slowly the current came to a stop and the lights grew less transcendent and more brilliant in color. Last time Bliss did this in L.A. it really turned against her, but this time the ice structuring held together. Sculptures of animals all circled around a fountain made of ice. She left enough of a hole in the center of the fountain and pressed enough ice into the river to force a flow of water to pour from the top of the fountain.

She loved leaving this tiny calling card in case anyone wanted to help a superhuman with her plans.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Bliss

Mitsy's Boutique

-<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>-

There's Something About the Color Blue D3d4aa511c4d025601eecb3540adc5f1

-<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>-
Bliss
Bliss
Owner
Owner

Quote : I'm pretty much the Captain Kirk of this place when I'm not too busy being the Han Solo.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 2166
Job : Exerter of feminine "Whiles"
Humor : [16:00:27] devistation : bliss you only bann me because you are scared you use your moderator powers to get rid of people u know is right but hate because they are right but if anything there is treatment for your disease of being scared of better people so you should go by some have fun bye bye
Registration date : 2010-11-18

Back to top Go down

There's Something About the Color Blue Empty Re: There's Something About the Color Blue

Post by Corra February 22nd 2012, 7:46 pm

Cadia sighed as she sat and rested her back on a tombstone, staring off into the night time sky with wary red eyes. Her blue skin seemed to reflect the glow of the moon in a deceptively peaceful manner, making her toned abs glossy, almost like her entire body was covered in shiny spandex leather. It was a trait of the dark elves, also known as "night elves" but it was also a gene she couldn't care less or more about. The entirety of her features were very strange in modern society even without the gleaming skin; such as sickly pale green hair that looked more white than anything, long pointed ears, and pupiless crimson eyes. All in all people had a right to be frightened of the criminal elf woman, but it proved challenging at times if she needed to put on an act for any reason to avoid an unwanted fight.

Cadia groaned and slammed her head backwards to rest it lazily on the grave behind her, her slender fingers clenched in fists as her face twisted in pain. Though the spell she used to keep her true identity concealed acted as a pain killer as well, the last time she had shifted into "Corra" a short skirmish with a human she had attempted to murder, had left her with an unexpected and still good sized stab wound in her stomach. The agony of the injury proceeded to carry over to Cadia –the concealing form- but she had no medical experience whatsoever, though the stab in no way would kill her, she would be out of commission for at least a month while waiting for it to mend on its own.

"Medor Malos!" She cursed in elvish and laid a tentative hand on the gaping wound. She didn't really bleed at all, and her body wasn't susceptible to disease as she was disease, however, she did have nerves and could feel pain just as plain as anyone else could. Meaning this hurt horribly bad; throbbing at every slight move she made to reposition herself or try to stand.

Moaning irritably she tossed her head to the left and stared out over the low iron gates of the tiny graveyard. It was the closest one she could find with her injuries keeping her from being able to walk very far, and this one didn’t even have a morgue she could lay down in and rest. “Looks like it’s just me and the stars tonight…” She grunted under her breath, wincing as she wondered why she insisted on talking out loud all the time.

Beyond the perimeter of the dead was a quaint bridge arching over a stream that emptied into the mouth of a manmade lake with a fountain at its center; passed all of this her crimson eyes could see the lights of buildings and hear music along with human’s with their annoying laughter. They should have been screaming, that sound was far more soothing to the villainous as their laughter was more like nails on a chalkboard. Her face twisted in a combination of pain and hatred as she whipped her head away from the melodious racket rising from downtown Toronto and stared at the moon angrily wishing she could kill them all.

Just as she was fixing to finally fall asleep nearly an hour later, the sound of crunching and groaning woke her from her stupor, it was the kind of sound an iceberg made when preparing to lose a chunk of itself. Her eyes blinked a few times before drearily looking back towards the stream, half asleep until the pain shot back up her stomach with a rude awakening. She bite her lip and ignored it for what she saw interested her quite a bit. A super.

The injured elf mustered all of her strength together to push herself up off the ground, briskly brushing her rear off as pine needles and leaves fell like rain onto the graveyard dirt below. Judging from the glitzy and girly display of the newly decorated fountain, Cadia guessed she was dealing with a hero not a villain. She prepared herself mentally in case a fight would pursue but it was her intention of befriending this woman in the hopes she would help her find medical attention.

Yo!” She hollered warily, waving her free hand in the air calmly as the other was occupied with holding the stab wound. “Can you help me?!” Her voice was surprisingly kind despite the sadistic thoughts of her crazed mind.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
There's Something About the Color Blue Morgan10

Corra Stats:

NPC stats:
Corra
Corra

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2012-02-14

Back to top Go down

There's Something About the Color Blue Empty Re: There's Something About the Color Blue

Post by Bliss March 2nd 2012, 8:10 pm

Water ran out of the crystalline mouth of a small ice corgi statue and slowly caressed over the ice, blistering small hisses from the ice as it reciprocated the liquid over its smooth surface. Along the crevices of the placid ice settled in small ponds. Bliss settled in along the bridge above the water with her legs dangling over the edge. The chilled water pools released a light steam from the frigid water that hung over the moonlit icescape. The serenity over the iced over Toronto reminisced the psyche of the city to a smoother state.

Before she could unleash the held breath from her lungs, a visitor approached from behind. A coldness cut from her mouth that chilled even this most luminescent of areas. From behind her she saw a woman waving, but the action failed to capture Bliss's attention. The thick stain etching through her fingers and running down the back of her hand looked to hold a serious incision. Ice flowed from underneath her lifting Bliss off of the ledge of the bridge and brought her back to place her feet upon the ground. Over the past few weeks Bliss gained a control over her powers allowing her to no longer find herself hampered with creating and controlling the ice she so difficulty used.

"That looks serious." Bliss pulled a loose strand of hair away from her face while she gazed upon the hidden wound. "I can put some ice on it, but you may need to see a doctor about that thing." Everything about the woman before her showed Bliss the error of her logic. This woman could not use medical treatment the same way Bliss couldn't use it. "But you may not have that option. Still, I'm not sure what all I can do to help you out with that." Her sympathies for a wounded super would do only so much to help this woman out. "Let me at least stop the bleeding for a bit." Bliss steeped forward with the intent of layering a coat of ice over the skin to try and stop the bleeding. "How did you get this gash to begin with?"

Bliss

Mitsy's Boutique

Bliss
Bliss
Owner
Owner

Quote : I'm pretty much the Captain Kirk of this place when I'm not too busy being the Han Solo.

Humor : [16:00:27] devistation : bliss you only bann me because you are scared you use your moderator powers to get rid of people u know is right but hate because they are right but if anything there is treatment for your disease of being scared of better people so you should go by some have fun bye bye

Back to top Go down

Post by Corra March 17th 2012, 6:03 pm

Cadia watched coyly as the woman turned towards her at the sound of her voice, and quickly made a mental note of the expert control she had over the ice element. A fight with this particularly strong Super would not prove beneficial for her at that time, it was best she played possum and averted attention from her villainous ways for now. The only way for her to achieve this though, was to begin a friendship in some way, who knows perhaps she had valuable information for her destructive cause...

Immediately her mind began to examine everything she could about this mysterious hero. What she was wearing, how she walked, her tone of voice and the things she said. Everything was a deciding factor in what this woman did and didn't like and what was OK to say in front of her. Before she even had a chance to open her mouth, Cadia had created a new personality that would consume her entire being as though it were factual as long as she was near this new hero.

"Heh. I guess it's pretty easy to see I'm not human. You're right though, unfortunately regular human medicine will do little to help me, but I saw you use your powers a moment ago and your ice should definitely help with the pain!" Her tone had changed into one of great kindness, it was a form of speech she picked up very quickly and it had saved her a few times from unwanted fights. She was deceiving opportunist in every way and her mind was sending up massive red flags at that moment that this was the best route for now.

She looked at the young woman, her crimson eyes scrutinizing her carefully. The shadows were playing tricks on her sleek blue body, making it look as though blood were streaming from her wound...what would happen when she removed her hand and her eyes beheld no blood? The reaction would be surprise she supposed, that's what most mortals felt towards something unnatural, if she recalled correctly. Thing was, emotions were hard to come by for her, any she showed were simply observations she studied and was simply acting in order to seem more normal. "Um don't be frightened...but I don't bleed. I was mugged here earlier while grieving over my deceased sister. I could have defended myself but he pulled a knife and I wasn't about to use my powers to harm a mortal..." She explained while lifting her slender digits from the injury. Sure enough there was no blood anywhere, not even the reminiscence that there ever was any.

"I'm Cadia by the way, pleasure to meet you-?" She introduced herself sweetly, adding a bit of a change in tone at the end to imply her desire to meet her 'rescuer.'

Corra Stats:

NPC stats:
Corra
Corra

Back to top Go down

Post by Bliss March 22nd 2012, 1:36 am

"I'm sure ice can do a lot of things." Slowly the air along the lower walkways turned to a more chilly demeanor. In the wonder of the virtual wonderland none of the bystanders really looked bothered, or even acknowledged, the change in the air. Tranquility ran down the streets like the coalescence of the origin of the bestiary Bliss created. Everything in the city flowed so smoothly the under seeding of crime and decay found itself lulled into the state of belief that even it didn't think it existed. But, Bliss remembered there are things even ice can't fix.

"Yeah, I believe in lots of things now, so you not bleeding isn't too hard to take in." It even gave them a common link, but Bliss would never divulge information to a stranger. "Yeah this city can get kind of tough. For a minute there I fell for the pretty lights the water reflected." Night lights in Toronto always looked best in the water. You could never see the buildings, and maybe that gave it something more. "If some guy came at me with a knife, I wouldn't hold back, but that's just me." Never playing to the role of the saint, Bliss seemingly discarded the danger of the soft spoken girl. Her tender words and gentle features took Bliss into a false sense of security. "We should get you somewhere a little less public. We'll take a moment in a hostel to let you get back some strength, but I'll get you iced up."

Normally Bliss would wrap something around the arm first before applying the ice to keep the skin from breaking, but this girl seemed beyond that. Ice filled in the wound. Just enough to ease the pain, but stopping before it would intrude onto any other systems. With such a unique physiology Bliss needed to work a little differently, but this seemed to give her a little more room to exert herself without the normal delicacy a warm body would need. "That will hold for now, but you probably shouldn't be out for the night."

In between tourist restaurants shimmering in the night lay the discreet hostels waiting for the visitors to rest their heads in safe beds. Outside walls of mortar bounced the lighting to give the false sense of comfort one would not get from the hard bed lining the public room of one of these places, but at least this one looked clean. Nothing worse than a flea ridden infestation of travelling students. If this place failed too badly in decor Bliss could always find some accommodations for Cadia somewhere else, but right now Bliss liked to keep as few traces of herself as she could.

Taking care of this girl would present Bliss with a new degree of difficulty. Never before did she need to take care of someone through a rehabilitation stage. Who knew what exactly would come from leaving a wounded superhuman alone in the care of mortals? Especially when she suffered a wound from not using her powers. "Why did you refuse to defend yourself? Why be the victim like that?" The weight of the questions would murky up the water of Cadia more than shed light for Bliss. In this incident any questions she asked merely gave Cadia room to use the ruse to her advantage. "Do you think you'll be able to recuperate on your own?"

Bliss

Mitsy's Boutique

Bliss
Bliss
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Corra March 25th 2012, 11:40 pm

Cadia fell into silence as the woman spoke, she never introduced herself which was odd but that only enhanced her desire to keep her true identity a secret. She had come to Canada under orders from the Harbingers, though she despised doing missions for them, she was the only one who could do it as she was still a new villain and not yet known anywhere but Central and South America; in other words, this far north she was invisible, just another Super. It was a spy job, to search out the heroes in the area and, if possible, try and discover their real identities, for what reason they wanted this information was of little concern to her but this woman would be her first investigative victim for her web of lies.

Crimson eyes fell downcast to the bitter cold ground bellow, she wore 5 inch kitten heel armored boots and the loose earth was less than kind to her balance in them, every moment she felt as though she could fall over she tensed the muscles in her abdomen and winced wretchedly. It was, however, fortunately only helping her "good girl" act further, making her appear more soft and less like a hardened villain. With any luck her 'rescuer' would see her as possibly one of the weaker super beings, and drop her guard.

"Yeah this city can get kind of tough. For a minute there I fell for the pretty lights the water reflected."
"f some guy came at me with a knife, I wouldn't hold back, but that's just me"

The dark elf brought the woman's face back into her line of vision and tried on a convincing smile, "Yes the lights are deceptively beautiful, but I think it's perfectly fine to fall for something like that...I mean if it gives you hope. I don't believe the evil of this world will ever get better without those rare sparkling glimpses we get of a brighter age." It was not for the purposes of kamikaze that the Harbingers sent Cadia of all obscurities to complete this mission, she knew how to string lies together like spider webs, intertwining and capturing its prey like moths to a flame...without even needing to use her abilities.

Suddenly and without much warning, an odd sensation of both pain and relief sent a shiver up her spine like needles. The working nerves in her body numbed instantly around the wound and then their was only the feeling of something solid and pinching on her abdomen but that too disappeared after a few minutes.

"That will hold for now, but you probably shouldn't be out for the night."

And with that said, Cadia bowed her head gratefully and followed the hero to a new location, a motel of some sort further down the road. By the Gods it would be difficult to sleep in a bed, she'd been resting in graveyards and morgues since she'd come back to life a year prior...they were the only places she could truly get comfortable, after all she belonged with the dead. What was even more difficult was she would have to find and excuse to keep this girl with her for fear of losing valuable information, this mission would require her to make friends and earn trust. Great.

"Why did you refuse to defend yourself? Why be the victim like that?"

A beautiful question, a window of opportunity! Cadia looked at her, portraying a look of sadness and answered, "Another injured mortal would do little to help any situation...why would I hurt a man so much weaker than me? This wound will not end my life, while my powers would surely finish his. I would rather take a blow and let both get out alive than return the favor and kill needlessly...for what image of hope would that leave?" her smile returned and she lifted her head to stare up at the moon longingly. "I know we just met and it's a lot to ask a stranger, but would you mind staying? Mortals don't tend to react kindly to me..." Despite her obvious beauty, her appearance was extremely unnerving for those who didn't understand the balance of those with power and those without...good or evil, and unfortunately...she looked evil. Luckily her tongue was as sharp as her lies were convincing.

Corra Stats:

NPC stats:
Corra
Corra

Back to top Go down

Post by Bliss March 28th 2012, 5:02 am

"I guess that makes sense in the grand scheme of things. I just don't know about..." Looking away from the light bathed street Bliss moved her head back towards Cadia. "Well, I guess that doesn't matter, now does it." Something about this partnership felt a little off, but after a traumatic event anyone could begin to lose composure as Cadia seemed to let off. Lost in her own selfish demeanor sometimes Bliss came close to forgetting the differences between helping and walking into a trap consisted of. Lost in those digressions, but not wanting to come across as colder than her powers, Bliss accepted gently. "Sure. We can go back to where I'm staying."

Bliss motioned for Cadia to follow as Bliss walked down the temperate breeze of the wind. She couldn't help but take notice of the peculiar dressing Cadia outfitted herself with. "And, I certainly wouldn't wear a heel over three inches to answer a distress call. Why are you dressed like that? Some kind of persona you hope to give off as a superhero or something?" While she constantly referred to others as mortals, and Bliss sometimes wondered what she thought of her as, she dressed as though she prepared for some kind of conflict to ensue. "Doesn't exactly give you any kind of mobility you would want if you plan on helping others. You should use a flatter heel."

Regardless of the hypocrisy Bliss exerted with every clank of the pointed heel from her own suede boots, her advice actually came from some experience Bliss picked up along the way. As a mentor, Bliss may possess some decent knowledge in her head. If someone could bare to listen to her talk for an extended period of time without taking a disliking to her personality they could learn a thing or two from her.

A few blocks down from the bridge stood the hotel Bliss booked for herself. Not thinking of expenses became Bliss's new method of operating. Even with her new found freedom of expenses she still kept a few walls of information between her identity and databases. The name coming up on the bill came through a third account credit card licensed to a Rose Chui. Bliss played to the idea most people couldn't tell the difference between Chinese and Japanese people, and even if they could, if corrected they wouldn't press the issue when they saw her ID. Win-win, she thought.

Up a flight of stairs within the lobby and Bliss stood outside of the wooden door within a hallway lined with identical doors. "Okay, I've got the room booked for two days, and plan on leaving, but I could stay if you need help." All in all Bliss saw this as a perfect opportunity to recruit a new superhuman, even though she failed to actually ascertain any knowledge on what her powers actually did. "I don't think you ever told me what exactly makes you, I don't know how to put it. Non-mortal?"

Bliss

Mitsy's Boutique

Bliss
Bliss
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Corra March 28th 2012, 9:45 pm

Cadia let a passive smile adorn her lips as the woman spoke to her, it really came in handy sometimes to not feel true emotions, this way she could wear whatever expression she so desired at any given moment. If it hadn't been for this emotionless advantage she would have blown her cover several times already just from the urge to gag at her own flowery words. She wasn't even sure she knew where the whole "hope" concept came from, it sounded convincing at the time, however something deep inside, beyond the void where her heart used to be, burned as though to tell her she once believed in these ignorant lies...when she was alive. Those were the days when the only thing that kept her from tipping over the edge of sanity was to tell herself that not all living things were evil...that someone out there treasured her for who she was and not for the image of the prophecy the cult of her people dreamed up 53 years prior her birth. But then they murdered her, they literally ripped out her heart still beating, and she died in rage as much from the betrayal as the lost hope...

"I wear them simply because I can channel my powers to their tips...it comes in handy during a fight." This time her words were the truth and she hoped it would answer her question reasonably, the only reason she was struggling with them now was because the high arches made her pitch forward slightly in her injured stagger.

She found her mind wandering as they walked to another hotel, the world seemed to shrink away for a moment and the lights blurred together like a kaleidoscope. Her body felt woozy and not just from the wound, she could barely feel that anymore through the numbness of the ice, no it was more because this woman was stirring up unwanted memories. However, by the time the two reached the new inn Cadia was able to yank her drifting spirit back in the character she had to portray. An unexpectedly sweet, soft spoken, super hero with a strange fashion sense.

The teller behind the desk looked from Bliss to Cadia, and anyone with a brain could tell she was slightly bewildered, if for no other reason than the fact that a blue elf with an ice cube in her stomach just walked into the lobby. Still the girl was a trooper and silently tried on a, if not a bit chafed, smile before handing her escort the key to the room. Between the crossing of information, Cadia caught the woman's ID, Rose Chui...she wasn't convinced yet that was her true name, no serious superhero would carelessly throw something like that around; judging from her talk about her heels being inappropriate and the immense power of her ice manipulation, it was pretty clear 'Rose' was very serious. That concluded she decided it was time to up a notch in her investigation, perhaps with her trust she could be led to other heroes...

At the door to her room Rose turned to her and explained the situation, to which Cadia smiled pleasantly and nodded in understanding before adding, "I assure you I am perfectly capable of helping myself in any other circumstance, however, in this case, I ask that if you leave perhaps you don't venture too far? I'm sure you saw the look I got from the Teller...that is only the beginning of the courtesy I receive from non-super humans." She explained, leaning her back against the wall nearest her to relieve the pressure off her feet and stomach. "Perhaps we can discuss that on a later date? After all I don't even know your real name yet...you understand, yes?" She said, giving a hopeful smile as an added effect to the statement. The actress wasn't quite ready to reveal her magic yet, it was too vile a power, she needed to befriend this Rose girl first otherwise it would give her true alliance away immediately.

Corra Stats:

NPC stats:
Corra
Corra

Back to top Go down

Post by Bliss March 29th 2012, 2:49 pm

After hearing the comment about the tips of her boots providing a powerful weapon Bliss simply brushed it off as meaning she fought non-mortals. Perhaps she merely didn't use her powers against humans, but would unleash against superpowered opponents, despite her gentle rapport. Even with her care the looks of others clearly set her apart. Nothing particularly damning came from her perspective, but tiny drops of water can wear away canyons. The safety of the large suite would give her time away from the rest of the world for a while. But, the wound still looked like a priority treatment.

Brushing aside the question pertaining to her powers made Bliss slightly more inquisitive surrounding her background. Detailing powers shouldn't come with too much trouble, unless she wanted to side step something. Possibly something relating to how she uses her heel with such power. "I think freezing your abdomen would help the healing, but I don't really know about your physiology. Can you tell me how ice can help you recuperate?"

After her question about her name Bliss went with the most obvious means of laziness: the truth. "Just call me Bliss." Simple enough and hopefully enough to open up a means of communication. They spoke with ease, but hardly communicated.

Moving around came with the enormity of the living room of the suite. Bliss tossed her jacket onto an armchair and walked through a doorway into an adjacent bedroom. It made more sense to freeze her abdomen in a bath tub and not standing up on the floor. A large bed with ornate pillow arrangements dominated the main draw of the room. Flanked by two arm chairs and stared down by a flat screen television resting upon a drawer with a mini fridge, the room offered all the amenities one could hope for. A brief hallway led her to the bathroom with a tub large enough to fit Cadia and the amount of ice she needed to begin the healing process.

Bliss

Mitsy's Boutique

Bliss
Bliss
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Corra March 31st 2012, 3:30 pm

(Ooc: So I was thinking I would really like to kick up a friendship with these two, a real one for Bliss and perhaps even eventually soften Cadia/Corra up a bit...it would make for a really awesome character plot! Then later Corra could slip up somehow and Bliss could be all hurt like "I trusted you" kind of stuff ^^ a friendship and betrayal sort of plot :3 I also had this idea that Bliss be the one who ultimately kills her perhaps? I had a specific way that I wanted Cadia to die from the time that I made her, that being that a unexpected friend would discover she is a restless spirit and lay her to rest)

"I think freezing your abdomen would help the healing, but I don't really know about your physiology. Can you tell me how ice can help you recuperate?"

Cadia smiled warily at her and traced her fingers around her stomach where the block of ice was still solid, only a couple drops of freezing water dripped down to her lower armored lingerie-like attire, but she could not feel cold anymore, not like she used to. The ice really only helped dilute the magically strung nerves coursing through her empty shell of a figure, like mud in water.

"I'm afraid it won't do much to help me except relieve the pain. My body is extremely different from any mortals anatomy and there is no real medicine in this day and age that will cure my wounds save for Time itself." After saying this she stared at Rose and decided that to keep her trust she would need to explain more, she needed to use the truth to string her lies. This decided she added, "It may sound very odd, and I promise I will explain things thoroughly soon, but I do not bleed because I do not have veins, nor do I have any internal organs. As you know all medicine must pass through the bloodstream first before taking effect. Ice simply helps because I do have nerves, I can feel things just as boldly as you probably can, naturally, because of this they can be numbed."

Once this was explained, Rose offered her the most breakthrough information yet, her name. The gods must have been smiling on her that night, it was the truth! This woman was the Bliss, leader of the elite guild of heroes the Bliss Force, and top on the hit list for criminals around the world! Granted Cadia could care less about getting paid or being showered in reputation, but to kill Bliss would be one less majorly problematic hero to get in her way of bringing about the apocalypse! Not to mention she did make an oath to serve Nightkill, even if it was one that she wasn't too fond of, she'd abide for now.

The cunning elf made her eyes widen in a show of surprise, adorning a gaping jaw and even tensed muscles, creating a very convincing look of excitement and shock. The display caused her to wince slightly, but she played through with it anyways and grinned at her, following the illustrious hero into the suite she reserved like a star-crossed fan girl. "The Bliss? I can't believe it! You're the one who convinced me to start crime fighting in the first place!" She exclaimed, enthusiastically.

Upon entering the quarters, she toned herself down a bit and pretended to gawk at the extravagance around her, she still wanted to portray a mature, kindhearted heroin, not a teenage Star chaser, so after a moment she closed her jaws and shook her head with a complacent smile. "Sorry, I got a bit carried away there." She apologized and went to the ornate king sized mattress. The pillows were so lush in color, it reminded her of a peacock; they were royal purple, crimson red, navy blue, and covered in intricate black and silver design. How long had it been since she'd slept in a bed? Her mind wandered for a moment, thinking back, but the closest thing she could come up with was the onyx black cushions of the coffin she was placed in after her death. Her face suddenly turned wicked with grim satisfaction upon her remembrance of the day Corra rose from that tomb to curse the Earth for all eternity as it had cursed her; she'd have herself appeased and return to the pits of Tarturus along with the entire damnation of the world soon enough.

Turning without moving, she placed the sweet smile of her character back on her face and stared at Bliss, "This place is enormous, you spoil me." She observed then added, "Thank you and sat with a relieved sigh on the colorful down comforter.

Corra Stats:

NPC stats:
Corra
Corra

Back to top Go down

Post by Bliss April 2nd 2012, 4:04 am

“I guess if everyone knows who I am, I’m not doing a very good job of what I want to do.” She hit the light in the bathroom and walked back into the bedroom with Cadia. “I guess when you deal with people I deal with your name gets thrown around.” While Cadia continued to speak on her unique situation pertaining to dealing with medicine and the difficulty of getting aid, Bliss started to feel her phone go off. Without wanting to divert attention away from the information Cadia bestowed upon her, Bliss looked down to the screen to see a device she placed downtown sending her a signal.

Before the mantle of heroism thrust itself onto Bliss's shoulders, she enjoyed her moral ambiguity and what it brought her. Most importantly the fact she retained her anonymous background and stayed off of the grid of anyone interested in her. She still kept up the information wars to keep herself hidden from agencies interested in her, but in her own hubris she slipped up giving her information to less than savory figures. And, her pettiness made her think trying to stay away didn't really matter.

Maybe her search in Toronto would still avail some results as to the whereabouts of this mysterious superpowered individual Bliss kept seeking and failing. Never before did anyone give her such accolades, as the initial shock Cadia showed Bliss began to blush a little. Cadia sprawled out taking in the luxuries of the room. If she thinks this is nice now, wait til she sees this place comes with two rooms. Bliss put the phone back in her pocket and walked out to the living area. She needed to go grab her bags from her car, but she remembered parking her car several blocks away.

Hopefully no one would disturb Cadia if Bliss stepped out, and it almost came to Bliss to let Cadia fall off to sleep before she went out. After mulling it over she came to the conclusion to merely let Cadia know the truth and just wish she stayed in. After sustaining such damage from her encounter she didn’t really look up to the task of wandering the streets looking for wild geese. Bliss walked back to Cadia and decided to let her know of part of her intentions.

“I’m going to head back to my car to grab my bag. Will you be alright here?”

Bliss

Mitsy's Boutique

Bliss
Bliss
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Corra April 2nd 2012, 8:33 pm

Cadia sprawled her hands and legs blithely across the down comforter, taking mild pleasure in the soft caress of the geese feathers crunching beneath her elbows and wrists. It felt strangely good to be laying flat, but there was also a sense of menace about it, it reminded her too much of her coffin, though that draft wood box was nothing compared to the luxury of the bed. She shot up with a start, cringing under the strain of her muscles tensing around the wound, and looked around her in something of a minor panic attack. It had felt as though she was dead again in that instant, the cherry wood ceiling of the suite had become constricting for her and the bed posts were suddenly cramped and growing walls around themselves, trapping her in a casket of her own psychotic imagination.

Just as her body flung itself forward, Bliss spoke once more, no doubt she was thinking something uncouth of her odd behavior but she smiled sheepishly anywas, her cheeks were unfortunately incapable of blushing as she had no blood so her expressions were all she had to continue the rouse.

"II’m going to head back to my car to grab my bag. Will you be alright here?"

Good question, normally it would be one she could answer easily, yes. But then right now she wasn't herself so, did she go with this woman, in case she decided to scram; or did she go with her at risk of becoming suspicious, but still keep her in her sights. There was a long pause as she thought it through before finally sighing and holding her stomach warily, "I think I'll be alright here, if you're going to your car though, could I burden you to grab some bandages and a gallon of whole milk at the market down the road?" She asked, figuring that perhaps if she'd intended to get away from her, her hero conscience wouldn't allow her when she needed something...but then that was a complete shot in the dark.

Corra Stats:

NPC stats:
Corra
Corra

Back to top Go down

Post by Bliss April 5th 2012, 5:34 am

It felt odd taking care of someone other than herself. Not bad, just odd. A few years ago these problems didn't exist and Bliss just lived a semi-charmed kind of life caught between the vices of others, and all the time profiting from those unusual circumstances. While hailing herself as the smartest girl on Earth, she knew luck played a large role in it. Just luckily enough to find her way into the company of good men, and just lucky enough to drift away when the ramifications came.

Walking alone down the street felt more natural. This beacon kept going off, so whatever gave off the signal still lingered close enough to cause her device to take on an unusually annoying state of existence. It still beat hero worship and false accolades bestowed upon her. Bliss really could only take so much of the painful realization of knowing her attempts at shielding her identity failed. All of her records no longer existed, but back tracked logs and off-line accounts still existed. Still, really odd someone like Cadia could stumble into that information without knowing someone.

Her train of thought ran along the trail of her device leading her a few blocks from where she earlier met Cadia. Even though she couldn't detect any signs of life her reader gave off quite a racket about something.

"Do you have a light." From the shadows within buildings stepped a man with hair slicked back against his head. Grease from his forehead captured and distorted the light to cast his face in a pale context, drawing attention to the shadows of his face. He extended his hand towards Bliss, stretching out his arm from under the worn, brown trench coat hiding his form.

"Last time I saw you I was a little happier." Bliss stuck out her finger and covered the tip of the cigarette in ice. "I don't know why you aren't as dead as I left you, but I can be more thorough this time."

"How do you know we shared a last time?" Weight from the ice spun the cigarette to the apex. "How can you be so sure? So severe?"

"I'm laying off you for a reason." When people came back from the dead, sometimes you should figure out why, but in this case Bliss needed to know how. How could such a dangerous man come back from such a thorough death in only a few hours. "I think killing you may be a little difficult, but I'm willing to try if you are."

Bliss

Mitsy's Boutique

Bliss
Bliss
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Corra April 9th 2012, 7:39 pm

Once Bliss left, Cadia got up from the bed, eying the loosened comforter skeptically while rubbing her wrists in thought.; her crimson eyes burrowed imaginary holes within the fabric, wrought from her deeply rooted rage, the very wrath that went with her to the grave and was so deadly it gave birth to Corra...her other half. The elf woman cracked her neck idly and turned her glare from the mattress and its lavish settings to the door from which her target had exited. She was burdened again whether to follow the girl and risk getting caught in her weakened state, or stay there at the risk of loosing very valuable information for the sake of keeping her cover. It was no easy decision and she was at a loss once her stomach started burning again with the fiery tempest of the magically enhanced nerves coursing through her body, the very veins that kept her breathing but only in this miserably agonizing existence.

The Harbinger spy roamed the quarters for a brief moment, searching for anything the hero may have left behind worth examining, and thinking over the events of the night. She could stay there and report to Nightkill, but that was no fun, she liked to keep him crawling when she could, it proved more entertaining. Besides the last thing she wanted was the Indian Lightning Pole to come running to Canada thinking she'd detained the leader of the Bliss Force only to blow everything for them. Sighing halfheartedly Cadia stopped looking around the other rooms and was extremely careful to put everything back exactly where she found it. She would have to be even more careful now, she had already almost ruined the entire game by playing the wrong pawn...telling her she knew who she was; she remembered seeing the expression on the woman's face and her comment in response nearly made her grit her teeth in aggravation. I guess if everyone knows who I am, I’m not doing a very good job of what I want to do. those had been her words, just one sentence that nearly crashed the whole plan.

Grimacing Cadia quickly removed her armored heels and tossed them haphazardly on her own bed, she wasn't particularly one to go running around barefoot, but with her wounds the boots only caused more harm than good. She would have to trust her skills in the Pestilent Feathers -her enchanted dagger- for she was going to follow Bliss, the spy couldn't risk another mistake like the one she made earlier...she'd hold her pawns for now and move the knights for a bit. Smiling wirely she grabbed the spare card key on her nightstand and, block of ice in the abdomen, missing shoes and all, she slipped into the hotel hall...

Once outside the dark blue elf surveyed her surroundings, it wouldn't be easy finding Bliss but perhaps that would work for her advantage. If she was caught roaming around she could simply say the ice was fading in her stomach and she couldn't take the pain so she went for a walk to get some fresh air, and perhaps find her again. She knew it sounded extremely needy, even for her, so she prayed to her gods that she wouldn't accidentally bump into her, or if she did then perhaps she'd have a better excuse by then. Scowling, she took her first noiseless steps and by fate she guided herself unknowingly back to the graveyard site where the two unlikely pair first met, perhaps it was fate also that always seemed to return her to the dead...

Luckily, however, the target, Bliss, was standing there speaking to the shadows as though they had a name and a voice. But to her shock, a man in a dark cloak with a cigarette dangling from his partially open lips, waltzed with unnerving calm into the dim moonlight. As he did so, she thanked herself that she wasn't in the form of Death's Apprentice -also known as Corra- for the moon would have shown her true appearance had anyone seen her, the undead that she was. Narrowing her eyes at this thought she watched from the alley on the side of the closest building, her strong crimson hues taking in the scene as though she was standing right there, and her ears picking up even the slightest noises of their conversation. It appeared very quickly that Bliss knew this man and, before long, that he had been dead before...so had someone used necromancy to resurrect him as that foolish man had done for her a year ago? Who was he...it sounded as though they were not friends, in fact she was certain they were going to fight at any moment, perhaps this was a good time to show herself and prove her "allegiance"

A coy cat-like smile adorned her black lips, she looked ridiculous without her heels on and with a block of melting ice seeping through the wound on her stomach, not to mention she was virtually powerless in this form but for her enhanced senses; still Cadia saw an opportunity was possibly opening and was fully prepared to take it when she felt the time was right. Meanwhile, she would simply watch in sadistic joy as the plan formulated in her crazed mind, and Bliss suffered through a fight with an undead man...there was something ironically pleasurable about that.

Corra Stats:

NPC stats:
Corra
Corra

Back to top Go down

Post by Bliss April 18th 2012, 10:40 pm

"I'm not sure of what you know pertaining to what you came to this city for..." Out of the shadows of the building arose an identical man to the one speaking to Bliss. His demeanor and face showed the same apathy and curled lip of the other man. "But whatever you came for found you instead."

"I'm tired of this." Bliss raised her arm and began to make a motion to end the pale man in dark drab. His hand grasped her forearm with a sinister grip. Using the motion of her wrist, Bliss twisted her hand to aim her palm towards the man's forearm. Ice shot out of her hand and tore through the muscle tissue of his arm. A grimace surfaced and a howl emanated. "Aren't you used to this by now?"

"You should take what I say more seriously." An arm wrapped around the back of her neck, arching her back while removing her feet from the ground. "We need you whether you want to help or not."

Bliss chocked on her insult while driving her nails into the skin on the man holding her. With breathing not a very important action for her she focused more on the letting her ice seep into the man's forearm. Shards broke through his skin and tore into the deeper muscles. She couldn't lie that her interest in what these men spoke about interested her, but she would rather go about this on her terms. "If you don't ease up..." Her words broke uneasily. "I'm going to put your arm in two pieces."

"I warned you she was dangerous, but hold her still." The pale man who drew Bliss's original attention grabbed Bliss's legs and held them together. In response to her loss of leverage, Bliss continued to push more ice into opponent. The tendrils of ice finally cut through to the other end and completely severed the lower arm halfway through the forearm. In shock the man dropped Bliss from his grasp. With the two armed man still holding her legs she fell hard on her back in his grip. "Make her more agreeable."

Blood dripped from the missing appendage, but the second man knew exactly what he needed to do. While Bliss tried pushing herself up to a more defensive position, the man's foot fell hard against her forehead. The force of the blow pressed the back of her head against the concrete with enough force to disorient her. "Good enough." The first man muttered.

Bliss

Mitsy's Boutique

Bliss
Bliss
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top