The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Fusion Frenzy
H.J Elliot I_icon_minitimeToday at 6:49 am by ProwlerKnight

» What We Do In The Shadows
H.J Elliot I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:21 pm by Nate6595

» Jager
H.J Elliot I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:17 pm by Nate6595

» When the Wind Goes
H.J Elliot I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:14 pm by Nate6595

» Terrify Her
H.J Elliot I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 12:45 pm by Nate6595

» A Game of Cat and… Rabbit?
H.J Elliot I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 12:23 pm by Nate6595

» Huntsman
H.J Elliot I_icon_minitimeMay 14th 2024, 6:06 am by ProwlerKnight

» Taliesin
H.J Elliot I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2024, 2:26 am by Arcana

» Willy the Whale
H.J Elliot I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:30 pm by inquisitor

» Urban Commandos
H.J Elliot I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:13 am by ProwlerKnight

» Jessica Albert
H.J Elliot I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2024, 3:26 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
H.J Elliot I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 10:36 pm by Vorik

Top posting users this week
ProwlerKnight
H.J Elliot I_vote_lcapH.J Elliot I_voting_barH.J Elliot I_vote_rcap 
Nate6595
Cobalt
Cynical_Aspie

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

H.J Elliot

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

H.J Elliot Empty H.J Elliot

Post by H.J Elliot July 5th 2011, 2:41 am

Super Hero/Villain/Renegade/etc Name: Mage Masher
Title: Mage Masher, Majutsu-shi (from his time in japan)
Alignment: Hero
Race: Human? (Canadian)
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Light Brown
Height: 5'11''
Weight: 148lbs

Costume Description/Image: (Thanks to some illusion powers, he can change his appearance slightly to hide his identity)

Personality: With his out of this world lifestyle, H.J.'s personality reflects eccentric mage perfectly, he took to his magical studies like he needed them to breath. He is very knowledgeable in magic related subjects, but knows almost nothing about science, neglecting everything he learn in science class for the sake of his supernatural talents. Ironically, he is very cynical of absurd stories and myths, and aside from magic, finds everything paranormal totally insane. He has his own type of humor, and is wildly sarcastic about situations, even the dangerous ones.

In and out of combat, he is very relaxed and analytical, to the point he usually overthinks things and ends up making them worse. He is very natural in social situations, if a little haughty and abrasive in conversation. He likes to wait things out, and wait for the right moment to speak or attack, it fits in any context. He is very in tune with his emotions, so he doesnt let them get the best of him, unless they do, then he gets very passionate and aggressive.

History: Henry James Elliot was born from a line of magicians, coming into his magic earlier than everyone else in his family. Gaining magic at age 19, he was drafted into his Hero role early, traveling the world and fighting crime. The Elliot family was known for centuries as acting like magical police, keeping the human world safe from magic and supernatural threats.

Without wasting any time, he started working on his magic skills, honing them everyday with intense exercises and study until he was ready to be accepted into the family business. As a magical policeman, he was in charge of keeping the masquerade of the two worlds from meeting. Working part time with the other magical families, they were responsible for fighting and preserving order in the human world, fighting random groups of demons that made it across the dimensions to attack humans.

After his first few missions, he developed a rivalry with the son of the Whitman family, George, and learned to work together with him until they were an unstoppable team. Forming the Young Magicians Society, they began working on their best case yet: Sealing away the Regalia of the Abyss.

Powers: H.J is still learning about the full extent of his magical powers, having only come into them recently, it took him a full year to master his talents and shape it into the magic it is today. In such a short time, he is able to control the "aura" of himself, or others; this is called Telesma. Taking this Telesma does not harm the person in anyway, because they dont use it. Using this energy, he is able to shape it into constructs, but at this point, he can only make polygons. He can change the properties of these polygons, allowing them to stay sturdy, or have a spongy type of exterior.

Magic Reflection His most favored spell, a magical rectangle that refracts all forms of light, creating a rainbow colored shield around the user.

Magic Shot: One of his only attack spells, creating a sphere of energy, he throws it at his opponent, with enough force to hurt like a punch to the face.

Mystic Hand:A utility spell, it grabs objects from far away with a beam of energy, acting like and hand, grabbing anything it touch of holding onto it.

Magic Machine-gun:His other attack spell, its essentially his Magic shot but they are shot out like a machine gun at rapid. It quickly absorbs his magic reserves, and takes at least a minute to activate.

Iris Shield of Flowers: A defensive spell, it creates a spherical barrier around the use to protect him and others from attacks from all sides

Elliot's Amulet: An amulet that contains his illusionary powers, allowing him to change the color of his eyes, hair of face. And once a thread, create an unmoving replica of himself to use as decoy.

Power Grid: 22
STR: 2
SPD: 2
END: 3
INT: 4
EP: 6 (Energy Constructs)
EP2: 2 (Healing Factor)
FS: 3

Character Image/Description: [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Roleplay Sample:

Spoiler:

Last edited by H.J Elliot on November 27th 2011, 12:24 am; edited 4 times in total
H.J Elliot
H.J Elliot

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

H.J Elliot Empty Re: H.J Elliot

Post by Super Cutie July 13th 2011, 10:58 pm

Hmm.
You have a few very different powers there.
Spreading your EP so thin really takes bite away from all of them as a whole. Your attack is really, really, really suffering due to that.
I'd think about trimming them down if I were you.

You have a high enough intelligence to make some of those things item (INT)based powers rather than relying on EP.

You might want to have the things like healing and morphing be some sort of magic potion based powers which would use INT. The only drawback is that you'd have to have vials of them on you or at least the resources around you to make them at the time. But the benefit of it freeing up your EP outweighs that slight inconvenience.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Super Cutie
Super Cutie
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : idk.

Number of posts : 920
Job : yes
Humor : yes
Registration date : 2011-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by H.J Elliot July 13th 2011, 11:44 pm

how about the healing based on an amulet or something?? cause I kinda want the illusion powers
H.J Elliot
H.J Elliot

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember_Fangs July 14th 2011, 6:49 am

Maybe it was a spell you put in the amulet and you have to re-charge it when you use it all out? That won't give you an unfair advantage in fighting then if there is a limit ^_^ I think that'd come under INT because you'll be making the storing system.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Scarletta Carleen Jones
Spoiler:

Gracie Marie Daniels
Spoiler:

Arabella Katrina Montez
Spoiler:
Ember_Fangs
Ember_Fangs
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 1303
Job : Cleaner; swim instructor; waitress; journalist
Humor : Russell Howard AKA taking the piss.
Registration date : 2009-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by H.J Elliot July 16th 2011, 12:26 pm

How about the illusion thing on the amulet, because its not immediately needed all the time, as oppose to the healing...

And Im not much of a fighter (a magical detective mostly) so i really only need my shield spells. (incase were worried about my offense)
H.J Elliot
H.J Elliot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sono July 16th 2011, 4:30 pm

I like it, though you should probably change the superhero name, usually it reflects their powers or some other attribute. Very Happy

No, you don’t screw the roommate agreement. The roommate agreement screws YOU.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Sono
Sono

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by H.J Elliot July 16th 2011, 9:44 pm

Well, i dont really have a secret identity, since im not a public person, but ill put Mage Masher
H.J Elliot
H.J Elliot

Back to top Go down

Post by H.J Elliot July 20th 2011, 11:54 pm

How is it now? I added the changes
H.J Elliot
H.J Elliot

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember_Fangs July 28th 2011, 2:14 pm

Okay, I was talking to Pain about this app and I'm real sorry we kept you waiting so long but this is what we think would work best for you -

1. Get rid of your defensive spells. You can use offensive spells to defend yourself.

2. You can keep the hand blasts and channel your energy through a gun to make energy bullets. That's fine.

3. You'll need to get rid of the amulet. I don't see anyway he could put his illusion powers into an amulet so unless you wanna spend a point on that...

But other wise we suggest you do that then you can split your EP 4 - attack and 2 - Healing or EP 4, Healing 1, Morphing 1.

Or don't do healing and then you could put 2 EP on the telekinisis/magic hand which would probably be better because then you can pick anything up to 225 pounds and put it in the way or something like that. 4 EP on attack 2 EP on magic hand.

Hope that helps.

Scarletta Carleen Jones
Spoiler:

Gracie Marie Daniels
Spoiler:

Arabella Katrina Montez
Spoiler:
Ember_Fangs
Ember_Fangs
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by H.J Elliot August 2nd 2011, 3:10 am

I kinda like my defensive spells, at best, he's a magic detective, i dont want him smacking people around with offense. His spells are purely for defending or providing some slight damage, im not big on offense.

H.J Elliot
H.J Elliot

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember_Fangs August 2nd 2011, 3:15 am

... If you don't have attack spells then you are pretty much screwed if you meet anyone who is bad on your own.

But if you just want defence then you're just going to have to just put defence spells up or both your attack and defence will be utterly rubbish and not stand against anything. Go for really strong shielding spells then I guess... If you just want defence. To attack you can just have a gun? If you're a big defence person just put all 6 EP on shielding, I wouldn't waste your points on healing and magic hand if you don't want to fight but if you do you'll have to split it 4 EP defence ad 2 Healing or Magic hand.

Scarletta Carleen Jones
Spoiler:

Gracie Marie Daniels
Spoiler:

Arabella Katrina Montez
Spoiler:
Ember_Fangs
Ember_Fangs
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by H.J Elliot August 16th 2011, 8:31 pm

But i want to heal too. Im a Non-Action Guy

Ill find some magic gun to use
H.J Elliot
H.J Elliot

Back to top Go down

Post by The Bolt August 16th 2011, 10:55 pm

Why not make a gun with your INT? You have the INT to make weapons, as well as gadgets. Also even if you're not a combat guy, you still WILL eventually end up fighting someone. So having a means of harming more durable foes would be useful, since you can't really hurt someone with a shield. Also INT can be used to make healing items, so maybe you could take out the healing, and put that point in defence if you want powerful shields. Though this is just my word.
The Bolt
The Bolt
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 1262
Humor : [19:51:49] Samify : Sean gave and I recieved many things
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Boss August 21st 2011, 10:10 am

I like the way you have your grid now, but my suggestion would be to utilize our new rule, the item you have is perfectly fine but you dont need 6 INT to have it, id actually say you only need maybe 4 INT for that, since it only changes you cosmetically and your illusion doesnt move, id take the other 3 points off of your total score and beef up your magic abilities, maybe 3 defense, 3 attack and 2 healing? or whatever combination you want
Da Boss
Da Boss
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 958
Job : Bandit Drake
Humor : Jeridmcelvain@gmail.com
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by H.J Elliot October 19th 2011, 7:42 pm

I have been gone for awhile, but i made some changes to my character, how are they?
H.J Elliot
H.J Elliot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top