The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Jessica Albert
Iridium I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:26 pm by inquisitor

» Fusion Frenzy
Iridium I_icon_minitimeToday at 4:27 am by Cobalt

» Beholder of the eyes
Iridium I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:36 pm by Vorik

» Santo Dorado
Iridium I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Captain Brigade
Iridium I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Graymoon Institue of the Empowered
Iridium I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:58 am by inquisitor

» Jack Hawthorne
Iridium I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:55 am by inquisitor

» Speedrun
Iridium I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:39 am by Arcana

» Frontline

» Revenant

» Pleasant Point
Iridium I_icon_minitimeMay 7th 2024, 8:01 pm by Zonkes

» Homefront (Lore Submission)
Iridium I_icon_minitimeMay 7th 2024, 2:28 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
inquisitor
Iridium I_vote_lcapIridium I_voting_barIridium I_vote_rcap 
Arcana
ProwlerKnight
Cerek
Sage
Cobalt
Zonkes
Vorik

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Iridium

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Iridium Empty Iridium

Post by Iridium April 12th 2011, 7:39 pm

Super Hero/Villain/Renegade/etc Name: Iridium
Title: Unit #101
Alignment: Renegade
Race: Mech
Hair: N/A
Eyes: Sensors. Dim lights with a Dark Blue Hue.
Height: 6' 3"
Weight: 1120 lbs or one half ton.

Costume Description/Image:
Spoiler:

Personality: Alpha Assassin Unit or Iridium had an upgrade installed while captured on an assassination job, deemed "Judgement v1.01. After the installation Iridium had became self aware and realized he was a tool used for corrupt purposes. Dislikes those who use others as pawns. Other than that he will remain passive as long as there is no threat to him or his company.

History: For years Scio-tech, Ind. had been developing Mechs with optimal success. After pitching the Prototype: Alpha Unit #001, which was supposed to replace workers in high risk jobs or factories the U.S. Military noticed the capability of applying the technology to a more "Practical" purpose. The company received an enormous amount of funding from the Military. Scio-tech, Ind. quickly grew busy with more and more projects. With high interests, the U.S. Military soon began taking over, overseeing every project the company had in place. Before long the projects in their entirety was under government control. Each and every scientist previously working on the project was "dismissed" and the owner of the company forced to sell it to the government and then also "dismissed." All these murders were to prevent anyone other than the military from having this knowledge. All of this, of course, was kept away from public eyes. The company was seen as discontinued. But development remained active. After many trials and errors the government had developed a near perfect model. The Alpha Assassination Unit. One unit could preform any assassination job with minimal effort and with a very high survivability rate. Not needed supply packages or anything of the like. Also all Units were designed to Self Destruct upon being captured or suffering from an attack that would incapacitate the unit. This was the most efficient way to force the hand of any enemy to the States without losing human lives. And a way to upturn a foreign government with the simple deployment on a single Unit. So far there have been 1384 successful assassinations with only 100 lost Units. Units were crated once a a time, when needed. Up until Alpha Assassin Unit #101 that is. Tensions were high between the U.S. Government and the Japanese Parliament. The U.S. Military wanted to demonstrate their power and had sent Unit #101 to assassinate the Prime Minister of Japan. The U.S. Military had underestimated the Japanese's knowledge of their actions. While on a high priority assassination in Japan, Unit #101 had been hit with an electromagnetic device that completely disabled his sensors, servos, and neuro-circuitry. While also preventing the fail-safe from setting off the Self-Destruct sequence.

Unit #101 was studied for weeks, the scientists determining exactly what each components purpose was, what all of the Units primary weapons were and where they were located. After the tests were completed the scientist concluded that the Unit was 55%Titanium, 30% Iridium, and 15% Carbon-nanofiber. What really amazed the scientists was the use of Iridium as an Under-Armor below the Titanium hull. According to their tests the Iridium increased the durability of the hull by 73% compared to any unreinforced Titanium. And referring to the data gathered by scanning the Units backup systems, this feature was only now introduced. Unit #101 was the first reinforced with Iridium. The scientists working on re-scripting his programming could not however get passed the firewalls set up by the men at Scio-Tech. So as a way to get their technology to work against itself, the scientist started a new project know as "project Iriduim" They planned to install an upgrade they deemed as "judgement v1.01" which would allow the Unit to see what it had been created for.. what its purpose was and hopefully to see that it was being used as a tool of total control. However the scientists had to reboot the Units system to allow the upgrade to fully take effect. They took several precautions and had the unit restrained properly. As they rebooted the Unit and watched as it registered the new upgrade they were anxious. Yet surprisingly enough the Unit did not reject the upgrade or its strange, and as of now, misunderstood algorithms. It adjusted rapidly. Another thing the scientists underestimated, the power of the CPU developed by Scio-tech. The scientists tried connecting directly to the Units main board remotely through a computerized program but the Units CPU detected the ping and quickly rerouted it to a sub-circuit. The scientists were again surprised. Unit #101 quickly made it clear that he would not work with the Japanese by demanding they release him and destroy all record of him even being here, or he will be forced to take offensive action. They dismissed this and tried to cut the power to his circuit board. They were too late. Unit #101 had disabled their control over his main power route almost 5.4 seconds after having been rebooted. The Unit then broke free of the restraints. The scientists could not understand how the Unit could be doing all of this but what they did not know was that the Unit had a cache of Nano-bots stored internally and protected by many subroutines and only activated when the Unit was powered on. The nano-bots had been released and had been consistently filing away at his restraints. Reducing the pounds of force needed to break them by more then half. The Unit then proceeded to eradicate all those in the facility while the on board CPU destroyed all data pertaining to the Unit and Project Iridium. The Unit paused as it was processing "project Iridium" Something made the Unit respond strangely when processing this. It then stored the file for later review. He judged that it would be a fitting title if he ever needed one. Unit #101 was judged to be intimidating. After complete desecration of the facility and all the data, Unit worked on deleting his GPS sub-routines making it impossible for the Military or anyone else to find him. Using the internet he was constantly conected to any news feed worldwide, as well as overseeing the traffic on Military satalites. So far the public had not know about him, and so far the U.S military had not sent another Unit after him. They were just now reporting a loss of the Units signal. He had the element of surprise. The U.S. Military and the scientists located at the manufacturing location were not expecting the Unit to return, let alone him returning with intentions of destroying what they had done and all they worked for. He made short work of the guards posted at the gates and quickly proceeded throughout the facility. The men there had not been equipped for defense against their own weapon.. there had never been a need. The Unit had all but utterly destroyed the whole facility when he made his was into the manufacturing bay. The Unit then scanned for unused materials and smithed an Axe using bits and pieces of the manufacturing process to make the Axe as durable as the Unit. Using the internet and other sources of information as a guide. He then returned to the control panel for the factory and set it to run on overdrive..causing a meltdown. After having deleted any and all files and research on this. The process of making the Unit created by Scio-tech, Ind. was now non-existent. The factory had exploded and made news headlines worldwide.. the U.S. Government covered it up by saying it was an ordinance researching laboratory that had been hidden from public for fear of any enemy gaining intel on their developments to protect american lives. Whatever works for them. The Unit, now calling itself Iridium, moved on. Satisfied that the Military could no longer produce killing machines of his caliber. They may try to reproduce something of the like, but with out the robotics and technology of Scio-tech, Ind. they were doomed to failure.

Powers: Iridium has stored Nano-bot technology that allow minor repairs to be made after a battle has concluded. This takes time however and is cancelled during combat due to the fact that the bots can be easily damaged and can be replaced but at extensive amounts of time to produce the levels he would need for optimal repair. Also Iridium's CPU allows him to process any situation almost 2.6 times faster than a human brain. Making it near impossible to match his reaction times.

Weapons: -A Great Axe fashioned from the same materials that the Unit is made of. Obtained after returning to the manufacturing site and collecting materials then forged into his Axe. The Axe is can be concealed easily because its designed to fold in upon it self and connects to the back portion of the Units hull.
-Tranquilizer darts built in the the cuffs around the wrist location of the Unit. Effective on mammals up to the size of an elephant. Non leathal.

Power Grid:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Roleplay Sample:
Date: 2 / 14 / 2011-Valentines Day.

Iridium had been walking for a day now. Just walking. Now that he had no main objective, no purpose, that's what he did. Walk. Walk the world over. So far he had explored many areas of east Asia and Russia. As well as the Middle East. He had witnessed the Conflict between United States and the rest. He judged that the United States was infamous for that. Making problems of others their own. Stepping in on foreign matters as Big Brother. He also judged that the United Stated would not last another millenia.

While walking he stumbled upon a tribe of nomads. Yet these nomads were different from the ones he saw when he searched he files and the internet for verification. They flew large flags at each of the four corners of their camp. He used his senors to take a clear shot of the picture to cross reference it with pictures on the internet and news feeds. He judged them to be an off shoot of the Tuareg people. The translation he found for their name was "Sands Blood Tribe." These were a lesser know tribe yet remarked for their violence towards outsiders those who do not submit to their will. There were many cases where other nomad tribes have been raided by these nomads. It was advised to all those travelling the Sahara to avoid them with extreme caution, for the tribe was known to take hostages as slaves or for "fun."

Iridium searched for signs of warriors or anyone who may pose a threat. From what his sensors picked up, there were only a handful of "Warriors" and even then they weren't a threat to him. He would advance on these people and sharpen his skills. It had been many months since he had combat. And the sand was starting to coat his hull making it a dull matte color instead of its usual chromic gloss. He no longer saw the shimmer of the moon light on his hull. It was time to remove some of this grime. Though he knew there would be no vigorous activity. He would not kill innocents.. just those who chose to take up arms against him.. and the leader. To stop their actions the head of the snake must be cut off. Iridium gripped the hilt of his Axe and unattached it from the back portion of his hull. As he did the Iridium Axe snapped open, its blades extending and protruding outward with a slight "hiss" as the hydrolics within lock into place. It gleamed in the moonlight with the same hue that his hull should have. The Axe had been shielded from the daily barrage of sandstorms and the like.

As Iridium approached the camp ground he was met by two of the night quards. At first they were unsure of what they were looking at. But the registered the Axe he was carrying clearly. They shouted at him to stop where he was and that id he came any further they would not spare his life. He stated in a cold metallic voice "I am Iridium. I have judged you and your leaders existence as malicious and as a blight upon this land. I will engage you in combat and ultimately end your lives. Your women and children will not be harmed. Prepare yourselves." The two men looked at each other for a moment waiting for the other to have an answer to what was happening. Iridium then stepped forward raised his Axe, and let it fall in an arcing motion towards the first guard. The guard motioned to block but did not possess the physical strength to stop the blow. He was cut in two at the shoulder to the waist. The second guard swung his weapon at Iridium striking him on what would be the side of his head. The blow glanced of the metal revealing the titanium beneath all the grime and sand. A portion on his face shined in the moonlight. It was the last thing the man saw.

Having made quick work of the "warriors," Iridium move towards the largest tent. The leader was next. As he entered the leader was kneeling before a flag, the same flag they had flying at the four corners of the camp. The leader stood and faced Iridium. He seemed fearless, this was irrelevant. He would bleed like the rest of the "warriors." The leader spoke, "Let it be known that the one chosen by the Desert Mother herself defended her honor on this night." And with that he armed himself with his broadsword. Upon inspection Iridium judged it to be steel. And of fine craftsmanship. The leader must have had to fight for his position, so he will be even more formidable then the rest. The leader readied himself, breathing deep, yet calmly. Iridium's sensors picked up movement in his arms, indicating a preemptive strike. Iridium swung his Axe in the direction that his CPU predicted for the opponents swing. He had met the mans sword before he was half-way through the full swing. This happened again on the next swing. The man was stunned for a moment. He could not recover fast enough to get off a full swing let alone actually land a blow. It was not the things speed but a prediction of the movements he would make. He tried to out smart the machine by faking a swing but the machine just adjusted to the movement. He was outmatched and he knew it. Iridium judged that he had been toying with the man. And decided to end it now. He took a half step back and used the end of the Axe to ram the mans chest, effectively knocking the wind out of him. He then said the last rights, a few choice words the tribesmen said when speaking of someone passing, in the cold metallic voice"the Desert Mother embraces you."And ended his life. Upon ending the leaders life, Iridium removed the flag on the wall and tied it to his hull. As a cloak of sorts. He judged this to be a sign of superiority over the tribe he had defeated. And he also judged the cloak to be fashionable. It was light brown with ornate designs on the front and back. Hand woven of course. It would also prove useful for covering up his Axe as it lay sheathed. Iridium found this to be appealing. You could say he liked it.

So now, after his "workout," and with his newfound cloak, Iridium walked on. Just walking again, awaiting what would come next.
Iridium
Iridium

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 8
Humor : Scanning......... Threat level: 0
Registration date : 2011-04-12

Back to top Go down

Iridium Empty Re: Iridium

Post by Paine April 12th 2011, 8:04 pm

To be honest, this is by far one of the most interesting character applications I've read recently.

His grid matches what history you've given. His strength is reasonable, his powers as well.

All of his history explains how he came to be an actual thinking mech, so I'd have to say:

Approved and moved.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Paine
Paine
Post Adept
Post Adept

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 366
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top