The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
New Mexico; R&R I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2024, 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
New Mexico; R&R I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
New Mexico; R&R I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
New Mexico; R&R I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
New Mexico; R&R I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
New Mexico; R&R I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
New Mexico; R&R I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
New Mexico; R&R I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
New Mexico; R&R I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
New Mexico; R&R I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
New Mexico; R&R I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
New Mexico; R&R I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Tybrid
New Mexico; R&R I_vote_lcapNew Mexico; R&R I_voting_barNew Mexico; R&R I_vote_rcap 
SicilianDragon
New Mexico; R&R I_vote_lcapNew Mexico; R&R I_voting_barNew Mexico; R&R I_vote_rcap 
Vorik
Cynical_Aspie

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

New Mexico; R&R

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Mexico; R&R Empty New Mexico; R&R

Post by Sovereign March 24th 2011, 1:36 pm

Nick walked swiftly down the dark alleyway, black leather boots making little noise on the concrete covered in detritus. He was dressed casually in a pair of navy slacks and a smart denim shirt, a pair of aviator shades concealing the unnatural vermillion hue of his eyes as they glanced out onto the nighttime streets of Clancy, New Mexico. They were dirty; smudges of reddish brown dust were caked onto them, and in the shadow of his thick black hair, were well placed. Some rest and relaxation, namely the rest, was the purpose of his visit, and he was in no mood to be identified as an artificial bloodsucker by anyone he didn't know.

Clearing the alley and stepping out onto the sidewalk, he looked up, into the harsh fluorescent lighting of the lamp post above and two meters to the right, glad he had the shades on. Having only arrived in town less than an hour ago, he had yet to find a place to stay where he wasn't constantly surrounded by people that either made him sick with thirst or disgusted with their personalities, and to that end, he'd heard rumors of another place that might not be too bad. Still, he had some good money burning in his pocket from the man he'd tossed into the side of a brick wall and stolen from in Phoenix, and that would need to be disposed of.
Sovereign

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 65
Job : This and that, mostly something Karate related
Humor : I haven't a clue what that is. Sounds like a fugus
Registration date : 2011-01-18

Back to top Go down

New Mexico; R&R Empty Re: New Mexico; R&R

Post by Ember_Fangs March 25th 2011, 4:05 pm

Scarletta needed to let of steam and a city away from Pain's precious New York sounded just the place. Actually another country sounded good but she was wasn't that fast. She liked to run. Run and run and run. Hell she could do it all day. All night. The feel of your boots hitting the pavements over and over, the sound of your breathing. She'd run several marathons and her fitness was on the top. Her speed... Well. She was supernatural. She wondered what the show Supernatural would think of her or Pain or other superhero's and villians. She guessed they just dealt with the baddies in the world; fine by her. Less for her to deal with. She'd come to this city to get a new gun - the guy who had hooked her up with one last time lived in a quiet run down apartment in the grubbier part of town. She felt exposed with her blonde hair which usually labelled her an easy target.

The blonde curls were gathered up into a pony tail and a few curls trailed around her face, having escaped the bounds of the hair tie. She was wearing black leather trousers and a black tnak with her black leather jacket over the top, completed with ... No she wasn't wearing her boots today which was odd for her considering she was in her 'Costume'. Her lips tweaked up when she remembered Pain's costume. It was funny. She forced it aside with a wince and her arm and stomach twinged, fresh wounds which kept bleeding out now and then if she moved to fast. She'd have to rely on her feet. Which was WHY she had worn sneakers instead. The things had been with her for ages, her best running shoes.

After seeing her Contact she jogged down the stairs and slid the gun into the back of her waistband and tucked her jacket over the top, her green eyes flickering down the street and landing on the only other guy in the street who seemed to be gazing at the building she'd just left; a BnB. Guy probably needed a room. It shouldn't have bothered her except the dude was wearing shades in the evening... Her arm twinged and she touched it gently, was met by a cool wet bandage. Damn it she was bleeding through the bounds again.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Scarletta Carleen Jones
Spoiler:

Gracie Marie Daniels
Spoiler:

Arabella Katrina Montez
Spoiler:
Ember_Fangs
Ember_Fangs
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 1303
Job : Cleaner; swim instructor; waitress; journalist
Humor : Russell Howard AKA taking the piss.
Registration date : 2009-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sovereign March 25th 2011, 5:06 pm

He walked towards the building, noting the woman that walked outside with a slight amount of tension. Nick slipped his hands into his pockets and his right one curled around the compact 9 millimeter automatic he had in there, making sure it existed, though he let it go. Paranoia wasn't something that suited him well, but this was, after all a dangerous part of town and the best hitmen in the world were actually women. In her defense, he supposed, she didn't look at all like the ones he'd expect, but that could, oddly, be a good thing. Expect the unexpected and then the things you expected before become the unexpected. He was going to continue this mental argument until he realized that, for one, he was standing still, looking at her, and that might be taken as creepy.

Nick stowed his thoughts and shook his head, walking quickly past her and bounding up the steps until the cursed scent wafted up to him, dragged along in the slipstream of his movement. Shoot. Now, of all times? he thought furiously, as his hands began to shake slightly. He had made it so far without incident and now he was acting like some stupid junkie! "You should get that looked at, miss," was all he managed to get out before he pushed open the door and went in, closing it abruptly and sinking into a chair, shaking more. He needed blood.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
New Mexico; R&R Sovereign
Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember_Fangs March 25th 2011, 5:16 pm

Scar flinched when the guy moved past him and paused, listening to what he was saying, her hand rested on the gun under her jacket, the blades in her sleeves hidden under her jacket. When he mentioned her wound she stopped - how did he know about that? Her arm was covered and only Pain knew about it really. She decided to shake it off. She couldn't pick a fight anyway. She took the steps down to the walk way quickly, her curls bouncing and began to walk when she walked straight into two large guys who looked slightly off, their eyes unfocused and a cruel smile twisting at their lips. Oh great, she thought to herself, glancing back.
"Sorry Gentleman," she murmured softly and went to move around them, her sneakers squeaking on the paving stones.
"Awww whereyougoing in a hurryhoney?" one slurred and caught her bad arm. She winced and swallowed but didn't betray that it hurt, looking up at him calmly.
"I'd advice you to let go, I don't want to cause a scene," she smiled sweetly, her thick eyelashes lowering to darken her green eyes.
"Awww did you hear that? She thinks she can kick our asses," he leered and Scar felt her temper rising, the tips of her hair crackled slightly, the fire uncurled, warming her blood.
"Back off," she growled and tried to tug her arm free but he had a good hold.
"Not until I get a little sugar baby," he purred and leaned forward, flicking out a knife. As if THAT would scare her.

Time seemed to slow slightly as she brought her hand up, the heel of her palm high his wrist and she twisted it, the knife clattering to the floor. She brought her other hand up and smashed it into his jaw; an uppercut, brought her kneed up into his stomach to wind him and then brought her hand back down onto his neck. The other lunged to her and she whirled a kick at him. She briefly heard the man scream - a loud one and the fire shot through her, covering her head to toe. The uninjured one dragged his friend up, still screaming.
"Gonna leave or not?" she growled, fire crackling.

Scarletta Carleen Jones
Spoiler:

Gracie Marie Daniels
Spoiler:

Arabella Katrina Montez
Spoiler:
Ember_Fangs
Ember_Fangs
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sovereign March 25th 2011, 5:26 pm

Nick shuddered slightly as he regained some control over that annoying, pathetic reflex response he had to open blood when he was hungry. Sighing, he got up and walked over to the counter, though in afterthought, he mentally replayed the memory from outside. Something about the woman unnerved him, but what? It came to him as he handed over two hundred dollars and was waiting on his change. She had weapons. That was what disrupted him, the metal set off his sixth sense for the substance, and he hadn't realized it. Of course, right as the guy handed him the key to his room, and he had that metal in his hand, a scream caused the door to shake slightly.

That's not good, he thought, dropping the key on the counter and fluidly pulling out the handgun as he opened the door outside, cocking it with the hand that was only moments before holding the answer to his exhaustion. The door creaked halfway, right as his hand came up on the dark figure on the streets and he saw the flames. "Whoa.." he murmured, taking a step back with the weapon pointed at the center of the figure, just like dad taught him. Honestly, he wanted to turn and run, but there was very little chance that whatever it was hadn't noticed him.

Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember_Fangs March 25th 2011, 5:33 pm

The guys fled, naturally. Scarletta was a scary chica when it came down to it and men who were drunk were people she could handle - she shouldn't have gone Inferno though that was for sure. Lucky most of the place was abandoned round here. As soon as they were out of sight she let the flames drain away, leaving behind her normal innocent looking appearance. She looked up then to see the figure. She didn't realize he'd seen her, all she knew was that he was pointing a gun at her. She drew her new, sleek Colt Govt, latest model of course, re made to fit her. She clicked the safety off and narrowed her eyes at the man.

"You wanna go as well pretty boy?" she cocked her head to the side, some of her hair had fallen out, the curls fell into her eyes but not enough to block her vision.
"Gonna shoot me or come out here and fight like a man instead of hiding behind the door?" she smirked.

Scarletta Carleen Jones
Spoiler:

Gracie Marie Daniels
Spoiler:

Arabella Katrina Montez
Spoiler:
Ember_Fangs
Ember_Fangs
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sovereign March 25th 2011, 5:41 pm

"No. Just checking the neighborhood," he said, looking back at the woman and quite glad that his shades protected his eyes. And people say that I'll go blind for trying to wear them at night. At least they haven't seen this chick use her Flaming Hot Cheetos powers on a dim street. We'd see who's laughing and who's blind fast, he thought, smiling at his thoughts, though he quickly dropped it. After all, if all she could see was his smile and his gun, then he'd be sending very wrong messages.

He hit the eject button on the side with his thumb, catching the magazine as it shifted out and slid it into his pocket. To most people, he'd seem harmless. Which was the idea, though he had loaded a round into the chamber, and so he could still fire. But she hadn't seen it, and so he made a big show of trying to find the safety and then giving up. Given how young he looked, it was a fairly solid gambit. "I heard a noise, and given the neighborhood, I thought someone might need help," he replied, shrugging.

Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember_Fangs March 25th 2011, 5:52 pm

Scarletta slowly lowered her gun but she didn't removed thee magazine like he did. She clicked the safety off though.
"Huh, well I think most people who walk in this neighbourhood can handle themselves or have someone to look out for them," Scar murmured softly, sliding the gun back into the waistbands of her leathers very slowly. She wasn't going to be stupid and take the magazine out, not after her encounter with Chaos - she was lucky to be alive actually. Hence her outfit. Fire proof.
"Listen kid," she said, moving towards him with a speed a human shouldn't possess; she was nose to nose with him - sorta, she was still smaller than him.
"What did you see exactly?" her eyes narrowed but there was a flame in the deep emerald and gold eyes.

Scarletta Carleen Jones
Spoiler:

Gracie Marie Daniels
Spoiler:

Arabella Katrina Montez
Spoiler:
Ember_Fangs
Ember_Fangs
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sovereign March 25th 2011, 6:03 pm

[color=cyan]"Apparently not. I heard a scream, and it wasn't yours,["/color] Nicholas replied, putting the gun perpendicular to the gun and yanking the slide back. A perfectly good bullet flew out and clinked against the stairs. "Nice trick if you want to trick someone," he said, bending to pick up the bullet and nearly smashing into her when she somehow appeared in front of him. She's fast, his stunned brain managed to say before his eyes narrowed behind mirrored sunglasses. Her words, attitude, and proximity weren't exactly friendly.

His body, at the behest of his survival instinct, started up the nanomachines inside his body and they began aligning within his tissues. Undetectable, but he was ready for anything now. "I saw nothing but two men running away from a woman with some attitude," he said simply, slipping his automatic into his pocket and turning. A risky move, but the instant she tried anything he would sense the shift in position of her weapons and send a powerful Electromagnetic pulse using his nanomachines to repel her into the street. If not, then, well, he'd have an interesting sleep.

Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember_Fangs March 25th 2011, 6:52 pm

Scarletta relaxed visibly and stepped back. She shouldn't have used her powers but she was in a fowl mood today.
"Thank you," she bowed her head slightly, a simple tip of her head. Her hair had come out, the hair tie had burned away when her whole form had gone up in flames and the blonde curls bounced round her face, coming down to the middle of her back. She slipped past him then and inside. Her arm really was bleeding now, and she had no bandage, it had been lost to the flame, so she needed a new one.
"Augie bandage please," she said to the man at the front of the desk, the one who owned the place and did dodgy deals below the surface, a good friend actually - another londoner like her. She grabbed the bandaged and pulled off her jacket revealing a skimpy tank top which barely covered anything - it got hot under the jacket!
"How did you know i had this wound kid?" she glanced to him warily then as she bandaged it up carefully, the bone could still be seen. Chaos had fucked it up pretty bad.

Scarletta Carleen Jones
Spoiler:

Gracie Marie Daniels
Spoiler:

Arabella Katrina Montez
Spoiler:
Ember_Fangs
Ember_Fangs
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sovereign March 25th 2011, 7:03 pm

She didn't move nearly fast or threatening enough, and he relaxed as she went past, though that relief was only temporary as he was then drowned in the smell of more blood, flowing uncaringly from her wound. He was slipping back into the blood junkie phase, and that worried him enough to slip his hand into his pocket and pull out a simple blue handkerchief that he pressed against his nose when he walked inside to pick up his key. Nicholas couldn't resist taking a peek over at her while he grabbed the key off the desk.

And by her, unfortunately, he was looking at the blood, wondering how it tasted. He was almost safe; to the stairs that led to the upstairs rooms, when she asked the question he didn't want to answer. So he did, although it was inwardly sardonic in nature. "I'm a traveling magician. I can even fly some days," he said, turning in midstride to see her. She was attractive, in a "femme fatale" kind of way.

Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember_Fangs March 25th 2011, 7:09 pm

Scar snorted then looked him over slowly and tied the bandage off, the blood had stopped. She took in the cloth and then the sunglasses and frowned very slowly.
"Scared of blood kiddo or don't like the smell?" she murmured softly. The cogs were clicking into place at the back of her mind. "Vampire." she said - stiff and plain. She looked him over slowly then and made a noise in the back of her throat.
"You look young for a vampire, a bit far west aren't you? Last lot of your kind I saw were back in Europe," she said, wiping a spot of blood off of the bar. "I would offer you some but it's a little hot," her eyes twinkled with a playful humour.

Scarletta Carleen Jones
Spoiler:

Gracie Marie Daniels
Spoiler:

Arabella Katrina Montez
Spoiler:
Ember_Fangs
Ember_Fangs
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sovereign March 25th 2011, 7:23 pm

"Both," Nick replied coolly, forcing his hands to stop shaking with sheer will. It wouldn't last long though. "I'm not a vampire, that's just silly, miss," he said, putting the extra effort in his voice to sound both scared and surprised. "I broke my leg jumping out of a tree, and nearly bled out... since then I haven't been able to stand the sight or smell of it," he explained slowly. The lie unfolded properly, and as any good liar will know, was based in some element of truth. A cousin of his had done the same, and had that reaction. She's quite astute. Dangerous if I let this continue and she gets suspicious. It was along that line of logic that he developed a simple plan to get the trail thrown off.

Nick concentrated, forcing the nanomachines in his head to cease operating, shifting the glowing vermilion eyes a normal, if unusually deep shade of blue right before he reached up and pulled off the shades. "No vampire has normal eyes, right? So I couldn't possibly be one. Besides, wouldn't I have attacked you long before if I were?" he questioned, adding "and they don't exist."

Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember_Fangs March 26th 2011, 4:06 am

Scar couldn't help but snort at his last phrase.
"Okay keep those glasses off, lets see how long your eye trick works. Some vampires are born with normal eyes actually," she motioned for the man to hand over the vodka to ease her arm pain. She took a tiny sip, her eyes not moving from him.
"It's stupid to believe vampires and other things that go bump in the night exist..." she shrugged. "Especially in this neighbour hood," her eyes flicked with amusement. This kid really thought he was smart to do that trick on her?
"And some vamps have control, you're still pretty young though," her gaze flicked over him. "You could be half I guess. If blood doesn't bother you, would you like t come take a look?" her lips tweaked up at the sides.

Scarletta Carleen Jones
Spoiler:

Gracie Marie Daniels
Spoiler:

Arabella Katrina Montez
Spoiler:
Ember_Fangs
Ember_Fangs
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sovereign March 26th 2011, 5:15 pm

"I would, but quite frankly, I'm going to crash in about ten minutes, and I'd like a nice shower before that happens," he replied, this time saying the exact truth about what he intended to do. "So I'm heading up to my room in a bit," Nick said, chuckling at the contradiction in her saying that it was stupid to believe vampires existed and then speaking about vampires as if they existed and she was an expert on them. Since she was some expert, he decided to show her irrefutable proof he wasn't a vampire... in the traditional sense.

"No thanks on that. I'm already feeling sick from the smell of it, and your wound seems bad, but before I go, here's an obvious point. If a vampire's dead, then how'd they have a kid? And secondly, if I were a young vampire, then why don't I have any puncture marks?" he said, as he pulled up his sleeves and then yanked down his shirt's front so she'd see the absence of any such marks. "I think someone's been watching too many vampire shows, miss," he concluded, slipping the mirrored shades back on with a grin.

Sovereign

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top