The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Fusion Frenzy
Eirius VanScarbrock I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:21 am by Cobalt

» Jessica Albert
Eirius VanScarbrock I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:26 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Eirius VanScarbrock I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 10:36 pm by Vorik

» Santo Dorado
Eirius VanScarbrock I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Captain Brigade
Eirius VanScarbrock I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Graymoon Institue of the Empowered
Eirius VanScarbrock I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 6:58 am by inquisitor

» Jack Hawthorne
Eirius VanScarbrock I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 6:55 am by inquisitor

» Speedrun
Eirius VanScarbrock I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 3:39 am by Arcana

» Frontline

» Revenant

» Pleasant Point
Eirius VanScarbrock I_icon_minitimeMay 7th 2024, 8:01 pm by Zonkes

» Homefront (Lore Submission)
Eirius VanScarbrock I_icon_minitimeMay 7th 2024, 2:28 pm by inquisitor

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Eirius VanScarbrock

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Eirius VanScarbrock Empty Eirius VanScarbrock

Post by Guest March 12th 2011, 9:20 am

Super Hero/Villain/Renegade/etc. Name: Eric VanScarbrock
Title: none
Alignment: renegade(with good intentions)
Race: Caucasian
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown
Height: 5,5
Weight: 165

Costume Description/Image: If description please be very detailed. Whatever he wishes to wear as long as it's his style (mostly likes graphic T's and jeans)

Personality: He has a good heart and is easy to get along with, but just don’t make him mad he's not afraid of making enemies. He stands for what he thinks is right but sometimes he may fall back on minor mischief, he is no saint he's seen things that would turn a good man insane. He sticks up for his friends and protects to his greatest ability all who he’s cares about he would do anything to save them even if it means he has to sacrifice himself to do so.He can be a bit headstrong and he has much determination and his willpower is one of his greatest features. He won’t stop till it's over or until he knows he has hit his limits, but all in all he is a very good guy not your average hero he stands for something greater, he stands for what he was born for.

Interests:Eirius has many hobbies and unterests,he is a very big anime fan and he loves to watch TV and movies when he has the time.He is a big fan of free runing/parcour and he practices himself and he is starting to get te hang of it.Music is another of his interests withou his I-pod he would suffer and he likes a little of every genre of music but hard rock is more his style.Eirius also enjoys reading and he fancys fiction but will read some novels and non-fiction if they capture his attention.Eirius being an element mage of water he loves to swim and loves water and inside it he is at his strongest.He also enjoys scrapping it gives him something to do and put's a little extra cash in his pocket and he always said anything is always worth something and that hasn't failed him so far.

History: He comes from a large family of mages who bend the elements at their will. They hail from Germany where their roots were created and their family was born. Each member is capable of using the element within themselves whether they choose to use it for good or evil is up to them. The element depends on their own personality and interests. Eirius was born with the element of water, the element they are given is shown through a mark somewhere on their body. Eirius's mark is on the right side of his chest. The mark is used to draw the power of the element into the body and gives the user their power.Eirius’s family line was also given a gift from their ancestors each of his family members have a superhuman body they have a great immune system and rarely get sick and their skin is thick and tough. The reason for this is because back in ancient times his family were the leaders of a dragon cult. They praised the mighty elemental dragons. Upon their praise the dragons gave them the gift.Each member was embuind with the physique of the dragons therefor giving them their super immune system and their tough skin. Eirius’s family currently lives in Louisiana and contains his father Michael, who has the element of fire; mother Aeria, who uses a powerful earth element and his brother Alexander, who has an element of lightning. Eirius has obtained skills from his parents which also gives him an edge on his skills. His mother being an elemental of earth has taught him the ways of alchemy, which gives him great knowledge of potions and plants. His father taught the brothers hand to hand combat and swordplay.Eirius's mother Aeria loved ancient mythology and thats where she got the names of the children she took names from Greel mythology and thus the names Eirius and Alexander dispite her two children being of German descent. two brothers feud a great bit but they still care for each other. In each family of their whole family usually each has two children any more is a very rare occasion. When the two children each graduate high school the father puts them to the test they must dual to determine their fate. This is a custom to their history they fight to determine if they would follow the path of good or evil. The children can both be good or both evil or miss match, which would cause great frustration between siblings. When Eirius and his brothers dual was set his father could easily see the darkness and the evil lurking in Alexander's eyes. When the brothers met swords Alexander quickly tried to end his brother Eirius's life. Eirius managed to hold him off and defeat him without any major damage, he only wanted to pass and go with his father's blessing, but his brother wanted more he hungered for power and he knew that in killing Eirius would he gain more power to satisfy his hunger. Afterwards Eirius was given his father’s blessing, that day he knew what his brother had become, a follower on the path of evil he knew from that moment on he couldn’t be trusted

Power Grid:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Powers and Abilities:
With the water element Eirius doesn’t cast spells he controls it with his mind and the motion of his body .Eirius bends the water to his will and he can’t conjure it he has to carry it with him or it has to be close at hand and it would take about 3 seconds to get it up and flowing. He can also burst pipes to obtain the water, depending on the pipes material and where it’s located tells if he can our how long it would take for Eirius to obtain it. If the water is in pipes underground beneath concrete it would take him around 5 minutes to channel it and bring it to the surface, if it was naturally underground it would take about 2 minutes to obtain. Eirius can also obtain water from holding tanks or water towers depending on how far away they are, at average length he could channel it from 10 yards away still depending on the material.The strongest material that he can break through so far is iron.The best way to channel the water is through the clouds but this takes a very long time so it is not a very wise thing to do in battle. To channel the water will take him around 15 minutes and when this is complete it begins to rain giving him plenty of water making him battle ready. . Eirius attacks with the water with small to large shots the shots can be shot up to 30 yards and still be effective and if he has enough strength and the right amount of water he could create whirlpools. He can use it to to ensnare his opponent in a water trap which is difficult to escape and he can generate waves. With the proper training and power naturally he will gain more control over his water bending abilities there for giving him quicker channeling time and stronger material that he can break through.

Weapon Image:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Name: Teufelskreis Welle(Vicious Wave)
Type: Scythe that is powered by magic.
Weight: 15 pounds
Length: 6 feet
History: This weapon was given to Eirius on the day of his departure by his grandmother and grandfather. It was forged by his grandfather from Lutetium metal giving it great strength. This weapon is embuind with water orbs thus giving it it’s magical power.Since this weapon is powered by magic Eirius can summon and dispell it when needed.

Character Image/Description: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Roleplay Sample: Eirius walked out slowly onto the training mat, this was it the time had come for him to face his brother and gain his father’s blessing. He grabbed a training sword from the rack above the fireplace. He turned to look over his shoulder to see his brother walk into the room that same smirk on his face as usual, sometimes Eirius just wanted to wipe that smirk off his brothers face, but he knew better his father wouldn’t approve of unnecessary violence. The boy’s father and mother both chose the path of good they walked the path of the righteous. Eirius saw Alexander take a sword off the rack, as Eirius took his place on the mat his brother followed and then their father walked in followed by their mother. Michael walked to the center of the mat and began to speak "My sons today you will show me what you are capable of both of you have been trained well any mistakes will be on you your mother and I have done our job and now it's time for you to show us what you know. This is no practice match like we usually hold in the grotto this is your final exam.Do well and you will receive my blessing." Eirius and Alexander nodded at their father and as he signaled they stood and bowed. Upon their fathers command their swords clung and sent sparks flying. Alexander withdrew and sent a fist hurling toward his brothers face and that was followed up by a great bolt of lightning which Eirius barely dodged burning the skin on his left arm. Eirius knew what was going on and so did his father, Alexander was trying to kill his own him! Eirius quickly fought easily not trying to hurt his brother but effectively enough to disarm him after a small shot of water to his sword hand he'd knocked the blade clean from his grasp. Michael quickly intervened and stopped Alexander from further damage. He grabbed him up by his neck and with tear filled eyes took his son to the cellar to hold him until he decided what he would do. When Michael returned he walked over to Eirius and patted him on the back saying "You did good son you did good. You now have my blessing and you are now well on your way to upholding our honor and tradition.” With that he led Eirius up to the parlor to speak to him about his brother. "Well son your brother has chosen his own path he won’t stay down in that cellar for long your leaving in the morning off to make your way in this world. Your brother will be on your heels so make a quick passage. Now that he is on the path to evil he will try to kill you for power there’s no greater power from evil to gain but the slaughter of someone who you care about. Eirius quickly interrupted “Love me he tried to kill me how does that show love!" "No son the evil within demands more power and it takes control of him, he wants power and power only even if he has to kill his loved ones." Michael replied. "But what about you why won’t he try and kill you or mom" Eirius snapped. "He knows better son you are the closest to his strength you would be best for him, now son that’s enough of this off to bed with you you’ve got a-lot of traveling to do." Eirius sadly trudged up the steps from the parlor to his bedroom. That night all he could dream of was his brother killing him or trying to hurt him in any way, but finally managed to snag some sleep. When morning came he packed his clothes and belongings and set for the door. Outside were his mother and father he said his goodbyes a tear trickled down his mother’s face ,his father gave him the money to start him off "Here’s what I’ve saved for this day son this is yours you need it and you’ve well earned it." He handed Eirius and envelope containing more money than Eirius had seen in his whole life. Eirius thanked his mother and father, gave them both a big hug and said his goodbye, then set out for what he had in store. Little did he know he was already being followed.

Last edited by NinjaBizzkit on March 22nd 2011, 7:04 pm; edited 15 times in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Eirius VanScarbrock Empty Re: Eirius VanScarbrock

Post by Danger March 13th 2011, 5:21 am

In between power grid and character description you need to insert an Abilities section. You put the abilities in your history, but we need a quick reference and overview of what it is they do exactly. Write out the powers like:

Ability Name- Detailed description- How long it lasts- How long it takes to cast.

Putting that in would be greatly appreciated and will probably lead to this being approved, because the rest of the app is solid.
Danger
Danger
Administrator
Administrator

Quote : "Totally saved Sadie."

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2011-03-01

http://spirit-corgi.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pain March 13th 2011, 3:03 pm

Do what she said and I'll review this again. Spidey
Pain
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 3116
Registration date : 2008-07-23

https://www.superhero-rpg.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sul-Fury March 15th 2011, 11:32 pm

Well sir, you have a long list of powers, let's break them down. Your water powers are easier to critique than the Dark Powers.

NinjaBizzkit wrote:
Powers and Abilities: Eirius attacks with the water with small to large shots the shots can be shot up to 30 yards and still be effective and if he has enough strength and the right amount of water he could create whirlpools. He can use it to to ensnare his opponent in a water trap which is difficult to escape and he can generate waves. With the proper training and power naturally he will gain more control over his water bending abilities there for giving him quicker channeling time and stronger material that he can break through.

Is the whirlpool a ranged attack? The whirlpool's Difficulty of escape would depend on the character's strength, I'd say. But I'm not sure how this power would work. If you want the character to remain snared, you would have to keep concentrating on the whirlpool. If you deviate from the power, it should shut off and free the captive.

Now for the hard part, Dark Powers...

NinjaBizzkit wrote:With Eirius’s dark magic he can cast spells that deal damage summon shadows and create barriers.

Seems ok, there's a similar character already existing with this Dark Power. Must be some new Anime show going around...

NinjaBizzkit wrote:Shadow Bolt: which is just a blast of dark energy that takes around 3 seconds to cast an average bolt but 6 to cast one at full power.

Seems ok.

NinjaBizzkit wrote:Soul Burn: This power is very effective if used correctly, to be used right Eirius must have eye to eye contact between himself and opponent, Eirius targets the things that his opponent is most sorry for and regrets the most and punishes the mind which causes serious mental and physical pain ; This spell has to be used in a range of at least 5 feet, which is very dangerous being this close.

I don't like this power. It isn't avoidable. Unavoidable attacks are highly frowned upon unless it has some drawback to everyone. Allies, yourself, and victims. Even then, you need to limit your powers, you have too many to add something this powerful to your character.

NinjaBizzkit wrote:Dark Armor: this spell raises Eirius’s END. by 1 and it only last for an average of 10 minutes.

I dunno about this. "Buffing" your characters stat for +1 Endurance for the entire fight, basically makes you a 23-stat character off the start. 10 minutes long, and can be used 3 times. 30 minutes? No battles gonna last that long, pal.

NinjaBizzkit wrote:Summon Shadows: this spell does exactly what it’s called it summons shadow creatures and this spell can only be used 3 times in battle at once because if used more the creatures would revolt against Eirius.,they are very good a stealthy attacks such as sneaking behind someone in their shadow just waiting to attack.

Can you have 3 at a time? If you have a "summon" it should require your full attention and concentration. Thus leaving your character vulnerable to attack. Also, we would need to see what kind of creature this is. Picture, stats, ect. This is considered a "Pet", which needs these things.

NinjaBizzkit wrote:Life Drain: this spell just takes pieces of an opponent’s life at a time and it also restores a little of Eirius’s health.

....That's it? No. Unavoidable. We don't have Hit-points to take away and add to your character.

NinjaBizzkit wrote:Dark Barrier: This spell makes a small or medium barrier that surrounds and protects everything inside, a small barrier would cover around a 5 yard radius and a medium about a 7.this takes about5 seconds to get a barrier up and Eirius can hold this up for around 1 hour if needed.

So, a shield. at level 6 EP? And 50 attacks? Sigh. You have too many powers, man. You really REALLY need to kill more than half of these.

NinjaBizzkit wrote:Dark Rift: this spell summons a ring of darkness that shoots dark energy through any opponent’s body that’s inside, this ring has a 10 feet radius. It is very effective if an opponent stays within for a little amount of time.

Summons a ring of darkness surrounding a character? And shoots energy at them? Unavoidable...

NinjaBizzkit wrote:Shadow Spires: this spell conjures spires that are around 7 feet in length that loom over Eirius’s head until he commands them to smash a skewer his enemy.this spell takes about 4 seconds to conjure the spires.Like the water powers naturally if Eirius trains he will gain new abilities and it will give him quicker casting time.

Seems okay

NinjaBizzkit wrote:He will change into a sort of reaper with mage robes and his sword will change to a bone scythe (I hope this is acceptable)His power is greatly increased to STR:5 SPD:5 END:5 INT:4 EP:6 FS:5

No.

Overall? You have too many powers, way too many. EP Shields, EP Physical attacks, EP Mental attacks, EP Summons, EP Durability boosts. It's not going to fly.

There are several people on this site with only one power. There is a character with Dark Powers, there is a Character with Water powers, but you have both of them combined. In the future, this may weaken your Power Strength as the Energy Projection may be given a closer look.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Sul-Fury
Sul-Fury
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "You think you're tougher than me, punk?"

Number of posts : 598
Humor : HE CAN ROTATE MARS?!
Registration date : 2010-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 16th 2011, 12:02 am

Yes i understand now thank you for taking the time to read this.The whole form thing that's out of here gone bye bye as well as spells soulburn,lifedrain,dark barrier,dark rift, and the +1 END will only be used once and will only last for 3 minutes if this is ok, so it will be used for embracing a very powerful attack or etc.I really do appreciate this and sorry for all the powes once the ideas get rolling in my head it's hard for them to stop,but if it would be ok i would like to undergo training maybe learning a new thing or two if that would be ok and the shadow's will be given a photo and i had their power grid i just forgot about it.Also the cross between dark magic and the water elemental is part of the history ive never seen it done so I wanted to try it and the whole anime thing I didnt base my character from any anime and im not really sure if there really is an anime about using dark powers.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Pain March 19th 2011, 8:16 pm

The Pet needs it's own application.

I'm assuming the spine ripper is the sword in your character image.

You didn't have to go into that much detail with your powers, but it's not a bad thing I guess. Though I suggest choosing between either control over water or control over darkness. We're changing the way EP works, so if you want to be able to control both elements, you'll have to split the power of your EP; 3 for water, 3 for dark/shadow magic. If you choose to only use dark magic or water, this would greatly effect your history, and you may have to rewrite quite a bit. EP powers cannot boost stats, but you can use it defensively still. Example, slowing down or weakening a punch/attack by putting up a wall of shadow or water.

You have a superhuman body; 4 END. You need to explain in your history how that is possible, how you were given this super human body. Whether you were born that way or something happened that made you that way.

Thank you for your patience.
Pain
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim March 22nd 2011, 9:54 pm

I'm going ahead and giving him the go ahead to post, since he's fixed everything Pain asked him to. I gave it a once-over and everything seems to be kosher.
Sim
Sim
Post Adept
Post Adept

Number of posts : 398
Humor : What do you call twin boys? A sunset!
Registration date : 2010-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Pain March 22nd 2011, 11:23 pm

Cool with me. You need a grid though, what colors would you like for that?
Pain
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 23rd 2011, 12:24 am

I would like a blue and gray power grid I want my points to be blue and my grid itself to be grey.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum