The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Fusion Frenzy
The Blade of Chainer Ixid I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:49 am by ProwlerKnight

» What We Do In The Shadows
The Blade of Chainer Ixid I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 5:21 pm by Nate6595

» Jager
The Blade of Chainer Ixid I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 3:17 pm by Nate6595

» When the Wind Goes
The Blade of Chainer Ixid I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 1:14 pm by Nate6595

» Terrify Her
The Blade of Chainer Ixid I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 12:45 pm by Nate6595

» A Game of Cat and… Rabbit?
The Blade of Chainer Ixid I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 12:23 pm by Nate6595

» Huntsman
The Blade of Chainer Ixid I_icon_minitimeMay 14th 2024, 6:06 am by ProwlerKnight

» Taliesin
The Blade of Chainer Ixid I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2024, 2:26 am by Arcana

» Willy the Whale
The Blade of Chainer Ixid I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:30 pm by inquisitor

» Urban Commandos
The Blade of Chainer Ixid I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:13 am by ProwlerKnight

» Jessica Albert
The Blade of Chainer Ixid I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2024, 3:26 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
The Blade of Chainer Ixid I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 10:36 pm by Vorik

Top posting users this week
ProwlerKnight
The Blade of Chainer Ixid I_vote_lcapThe Blade of Chainer Ixid I_voting_barThe Blade of Chainer Ixid I_vote_rcap 
Nate6595
The Blade of Chainer Ixid I_vote_lcapThe Blade of Chainer Ixid I_voting_barThe Blade of Chainer Ixid I_vote_rcap 
Cobalt
Cynical_Aspie

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

The Blade of Chainer Ixid

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Blade of Chainer Ixid Empty The Blade of Chainer Ixid

Post by keil7777777 February 1st 2011, 9:31 pm

For those about to TL;DR, here's the skinny: the only point of Chainer's existence is as a weapon wielder. So, despite his low INT score, I wanted him to have a weapon that wouldn't break every fight. So... I made this with the intent that it would be just a normal, almost indestructible, Katana with an abnormal history. Alright, here goes nothing:

======

Weapon Name:
Shisseki, the Black Mirage (Note-Shisseki means Reprimand, which was Kyle's first act with it. This is what he called it after he received it, though it was known by many names throughout it's lifetime. See below.)

======

Weapon Abilities:
None- except for a high durability. Despite it's notorious past, the blade is neither cursed nor created by divine providence. It's just the life's work of a deranged, exiled hermit. Still, the craftsmanship is such that the blade is nigh indestructible.

======

History/description:
A wicked Katana colored entirely black and razor-sharp, Shisseki was the weapon Kyle used to earn his freedom. Taken from the corpse of his former boss, Kyle has no idea about the origins of his trademark weapon. He only knows that it was the weapon that he used to achieve vengeance on his enemies.

The actual origins of the weapon are shrouded in mystery. The history was lost when The Boss was killed. It was, however, recorded in the memory of the intangible observers and recorded here for intangible posterity.
It was created back in the annuls of Japanese history but a not-very-well-known swordsmaker, who was cast out for his unorthodox beliefs and fabrication techniques. Instead of the traditional Katana, the swordsmith created a blade that was pitch black, sharpened on both ends, and sharper than most other weapons of the time. But what really set the blade over the edge was that the smith used a mineral that had been "given to him by his great deity, Idolon." In reality, it was just a naturally occurring (but very rare) "Ultrahard Fullerite" strain. The swordsmith had to use a unique fabrication method (which I will not bore you with on here), but managed to successfully create the deadly weapon. He died before naming it, however, and the weapon was considered cursed. As such, it was buried (as they could not figure out how to destroy it) with it's owner.

Constant raids into Japan by the Mongolians in the late 1200s (1281 to be exact) eventually allowed the sword to be unearthed again. Taken over to china, and then Russia, by Mongolians, the sword gained the name "Nergüi" meaning "nameless." But it was treated as just another trophy of war. Eventually the history of the weapon was told to the Mongolians, who laughed it off as senseless superstition. But the legend remained as the sword was passed down through the Mongol's family.

Around 1345, a young Mongol took the weapon for his own after finding out how durable it was. But, as luck would have it, the new owner would die of the Plague in 1347, reinforcing the sword's "Evil" history, earning it the name "Fürchtegott" (fear god). It was immediately sold to foreigners, who brought it over to Sweden. There, the interesting history and laughable superstitions of the weapon earned it the name "Svartedauden," or Black Death, as both a joke at the Mongol's expense and a descriptor for the black blade.

So once again the sword found itself in the position of being a laughable mantelpiece. It settled down in the house of a Stockholm citizen, who was a collector of ancient artifacts. But he was also a member of the Sture Party, and was consequently hung during the Stockholm Bloodbath. His collection was confiscated and brought to Denmark, where it dropped out of notoriety. A few hundred years later it appeared again on the shores of the United States. It cropped up (usually as an Officer's Sword) in high profile battles such as Gettysburg, which was where it was lost again. After Gettysburg became famous and was scoured for memorabilia, the sword was recovered once more. But it appeared an Anachronism: a samurai sword on the field of a major battle in the Civil War. It was considered a fake, and sold off. Eventually the unique nature of the sword tied it back to various historical recollections, and it's history was recovered (much to the disbelief of the owner). The Boss heard about it, and offered a large sum of money to acquire it. The rest, as they say, is history...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Honor guide me,
Stand beside me,
Aid me now as once before.
With faith inside me,
Death’s denied me,
Let me live to kill no more.

~The Gladiator

Profiles:
Xyron Meteo & Chainer
keil7777777
keil7777777
Posting Master
Posting Master

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 414
Job : Regurgitating information for the enjoyment of the Professors.
Humor : ↑
Registration date : 2009-02-13

http://xyron7777777.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

The Blade of Chainer Ixid Empty Re: The Blade of Chainer Ixid

Post by Slamfist February 1st 2011, 9:56 pm

I don't believe they were making katana anytime before the 1400's. At least not as we know them. May want to rewrite it a bit... Other than that though it looks really good and I see no problem.
Slamfist
Slamfist
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 1686
Job : Student
Humor : More inside jokes than should be allowed
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by keil7777777 February 1st 2011, 10:27 pm

The folded steel process was said to be developed by Amakuni in the 700s, though historians often claim that the art was really created in the early 10th century. Granted, the "Katana" as we know it was developed in the 1400s (at the "Pinnacle" of japanese craftsmanship), but the "koto" swords category that INCLUDES katanas range from 987 to 1597. So, as he was a hermit with unnatural fabrication techniques, it IS possible that the Smith created an early form of the Katana. If not, that would be the closest name for an Otaku like Kyle. As I said, his INT wasnt all that high... lol.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Honor guide me,
Stand beside me,
With faith inside me,
Death’s denied me,

~The Gladiator

Profiles:
Xyron Meteo & Chainer
keil7777777
keil7777777
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Slamfist February 1st 2011, 11:11 pm

I don't even think they called them katanas though. But given as you did explain this hermit, it is possible he was before his time. I say it's good. So approved.
Slamfist
Slamfist
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 1686
Job : Student
Humor : More inside jokes than should be allowed
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Pain February 8th 2011, 11:06 am

If this is approved. Why wasn't it moved...It's not that difficult. =/
Pain
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 3116
Registration date : 2008-07-23

https://www.superhero-rpg.com

Back to top Go down

Post by keil7777777 February 10th 2011, 7:53 pm

Didnt want to do it myself. I hate moving my own threads into the approved section, just in case someone else wants to post. Razz

Honor guide me,
Stand beside me,
With faith inside me,
Death’s denied me,

~The Gladiator

Profiles:
Xyron Meteo & Chainer
keil7777777
keil7777777
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by The Black Arrow June 14th 2011, 8:19 am

Trashed.

The Black Arrow's application,
Gadgets,
and Experience[color=black].[/color
The Blade of Chainer Ixid Thephantomssig
The Black Arrow
The Black Arrow
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 647
Job : Terrorist
Humor : Terrorism
Registration date : 2011-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top