The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Beholder of the eyes
Hon (for Vexx) I_icon_minitimeToday at 10:36 pm by Vorik

» Santo Dorado
Hon (for Vexx) I_icon_minitimeToday at 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Captain Brigade
Hon (for Vexx) I_icon_minitimeToday at 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Graymoon Institue of the Empowered
Hon (for Vexx) I_icon_minitimeToday at 6:58 am by inquisitor

» Jack Hawthorne
Hon (for Vexx) I_icon_minitimeToday at 6:55 am by inquisitor

» Speedrun
Hon (for Vexx) I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:39 am by Arcana

» Frontline

» Revenant

» Fusion Frenzy
Hon (for Vexx) I_icon_minitimeToday at 12:46 am by ProwlerKnight

» Pleasant Point
Hon (for Vexx) I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:01 pm by Zonkes

» Homefront (Lore Submission)
Hon (for Vexx) I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 2:28 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
Hon (for Vexx) I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 2:26 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
inquisitor
Hon (for Vexx) I_vote_lcapHon (for Vexx) I_voting_barHon (for Vexx) I_vote_rcap 
Arcana
ProwlerKnight
Cerek
Sage
Vorik
Zonkes

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Hon (for Vexx)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hon (for Vexx) Empty Hon (for Vexx)

Post by Secret Santa January 1st 2024, 9:17 pm

Hon

"The Lost Magi"

The Bio

Hero Name: N/A
Title: The Lost Magi
Alignment: Neutral
Race: ???
Hair: Black with white ends
Eyes: Black and blue
Height: 6’3
Weight: 185lbs
Blood type: Blood?

The Looks

A tall, strongly built, but rather odd, at least by human standards, looking man. He is on the younger side, mature, but still has some youth left in his face. His light gray skin is occasionally sprinkled with white, glimmering freckles. Spiraling up from his forehead, curving upward and inward, are two horns that bolster his height by an inch or so. His hair which falls in two bangs and is tied in the back with a short ponytail, has a black color, though turns white towards its ends.

He was found as an adult and had been wrapped in a tattered robe, worn and covered in patchwork sowing to keep it in one piece. In the days since, he has acquired finer clothes, usually leaning towards button-ups and waistcoats, something proper and presentable.

The Personality

A quiet and reserved person, but one who was warm like a cozy blanket. A person you’d find easy to talk to, to listen without judging and to chime in when needed. His keen eyes rarely waver away from whoever is speaking and he seems to absorb it all. Some would call him studious for this, and while not wrong, someone keener would call him curious. Not quite human, they fascinate him and he wishes to just understand them.

In that trait, he has come to become a guardian of them. While not always understanding their laws he knows when someone is trying to hurt them and will intervene to the best of his abilities. He would never call himself a hero, but he would never stand idly by as people got hurt.

He does have a refined interest in history and in books, which people associate with his time at the bookstore. While not found as a child, he did seem to adopt the traits of those he worked with and considered them to be parents and family. He seems more relaxed when amongst the stacks, a little less reserved and more open to talk about himself.

The Story

The story of Hon is a hard one. He knows there is probably a beginning out there, maybe even a middle. As far as he can remember, this chapter of his life started in the streets of an unfamiliar city, one he’d come to know as New York. He awoke in the street, metal carriages called cars whizzing by, their golden lights shining upon him. He weaved through the mess of them to the safety of the walkways where he found the stares of onlookers gazing upon him with a morbid fascination. He worked through the crowds, trying to find some beacon of familiarity. But even as he gazed into the reflective glass of the surrounding buildings, he saw nothing he recognized.

He had forgotten who he was, where he had come from, and why he had found himself in the streets of this city.

When his feet could take him no further, he collapsed outside a small bookstore. The small staff of three, two newlyweds and the husband’s younger brother found him lying there in the morning and brought him. They fed and clothed, checked him for injury and found now, and did what they could to get the man back on his feet. But to be unfamiliar with the world and unlike its people, there had been nowhere for the poor man to grasp onto to pull himself up.

So the owners of the store offered him a hand and pulled him themselves. They gave him work, a place to stay in the attic of the store, and began teaching him the ways of their strange world. In time, he grew close to the family and to the people of the city, even if the differences between them seemed to pile on. He could do things they couldn’t, help them in ways only the elite few they knew as Metas could do. With that power and a polite nudge from his new family, he found himself in the role of a quiet protector of the strange city.

The Powers

Magi
Hon possesses latent magical abilities that seem to grow every day that he explores the depths of his power. He has acquired a wide range of what his coworkers and family call “spells”, the younger of which has taken the extra step in specifically naming each of them. His horns crackle with a shadowy Ather whenever he begins casting a spell, acting as a focus for him.

Big Hand: Summons a large hand made from a shadowy arcane Ather. It is incredibly strong, capable of lifting an entire train car (don’t ask how they know that) and throwing it several blocks (don’t follow up and ask they know this as well). He can also summon it as a smaller hand, not as strong, but perhaps a bit less noticeable. He can summon multiple, but at the cost of a focus.

Gateway: Hon can open a two-way portal between a point in front of him and a point he can clearly picture in his head, so long as he has been there. The further away the portal is the longer it takes to cast. To open a portal a block away only takes a few seconds, but if he was to go to another state that may take a good five to ten minutes, cross country or continent could take him a good half hour to an hour. Extraplaner? He has never tried. He can summon multiple, but at the cost of a focus.

Banish: In his time as a protector, Hon has come into contact with several demons and extraplaner threats. Provided the target has been weakened significantly he can bind the monster in Ather-based chains and send them back to their point of origin.

Ather Lance: Channeling the magic between his horns, Hon can conjure forth a large spear-like mass of Ather. The lance can be charged up and held or fired immediately. At its peak, after charging for half a minute, the spear can be launched with the force of a high-caliber sniper. At its weakest, firing immediately, it feels more like a strong punch. He can charge several lances at the cost of focus.

Augment: Hon can instead channel his magic inward, bolstering himself physically and offering more protection. While augmented Hon can increase his strength allowing him to move faster, able to keep up with a professional biker, more aware, able to dodge bullet fire, tougher, able to resist light caliber gunfire, and stronger, able to lift and throw small vehicles. By using more focus, he can double these traits. Alternatively, he can use this ability on others. When in this state it appears as though he is covered in Ather magic.

Healing: This is less of a magic that Hon can do and more of a physical trait. Hon is adept at quickly recovering from damage. Lighter injuries may heal in a matter of seconds, while more severe injuries such as broken bones heal in a day or so. Loss of limbs takes about a week to fully regrow.

The Weaknesses

Focus: All of Hon’s abilities require focus. Most of the time Hon can only focus on one spell at a time, however, he can gain more focus by losing control of a part of his body. By essentially making an arm or leg go limp he can gain extra focus, each limb gives one focus. Alternatively, he can also turn off either is sight, hearing, or sense of touch to gain further focus. He can turn off and on his senses at will and turn off as many as he likes to gain more focus.

Even further, he can stop his heart from beating to gain five points of focus, though can only do this for a limited amount of time for obvious reasons (about thirty seconds).

Horns: Hon’s horns act as his spell-casting focus. If one were to snap them off, not only would it be incredibly painful, it would cut off his ability to cast magic. Snapping one horn off significantly weakens his magic. His horns, thankfully, do regrow, though it takes about a week for them to come in.

Silver: Silver seems more potent when used against him, acting almost like a poison when ingested. Simply being touched by silver burns him, like a person putting a hand on a piece of heated metal.

Fire: Fire also seems to be a more potent way of dealing with Hon. Damage caused by fire slows his healing factor, doubling or potentially tripling the time it takes to heal.

The Items

Hon carries an old book, written in a language that seems familiar to him, but one he can’t understand.

Hon has done some repairs on his patchwork robe, which the younger sibling seems to insist he wears when he goes out to be a hero. It doesn’t seem to carry any extra properties, but perhaps…

Hon wears a necklace that bears his name, it’s something so familiar but he can’t remember where he got it from.

The Minions

Hon has no minions, but his family at the bookstore would do anything for him.

The Fluff

Hon loves bad romance novels, they’re his favorite.

Hon is partial to human food, particularly that which is spicy.

Hon is afraid of cats, for some reason.

Application created by Chellizard | This code is open-source and available for free use.

Secret Santa
Secret Santa

Quote : "Ho Ho Ho"

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 35
Job : Holiday organizer
Humor : Jolly
Registration date : 2019-11-08

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top