The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Denver's Demons
A maw of shadows opens I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» A Demon In The City of Angels
A maw of shadows opens I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2024, 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
A maw of shadows opens I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
A maw of shadows opens I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
A maw of shadows opens I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
A maw of shadows opens I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
A maw of shadows opens I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
A maw of shadows opens I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
A maw of shadows opens I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
A maw of shadows opens I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
A maw of shadows opens I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
A maw of shadows opens I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Seamus McAndrews
A maw of shadows opens I_vote_lcapA maw of shadows opens I_voting_barA maw of shadows opens I_vote_rcap 
Cynical_Aspie
A maw of shadows opens I_vote_lcapA maw of shadows opens I_voting_barA maw of shadows opens I_vote_rcap 
Tybrid
SicilianDragon
Vorik

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

A maw of shadows opens

View previous topic View next topic Go down

INV ONLY A maw of shadows opens

Post by Hyperion January 26th 2022, 9:45 am

”I’m surprised a wreck like this hasn’t been torn down yet,” Nyx marveled, black painted lips curling into a smirk.  Death dressed all in black, pale faced and amused by the sheer ruined nature of the carnival around her.

”Something tells me a little more than titles and deeds keeps this place from falling down,” Erebus replied, shadows around them stirring as if replete with watching figures. Things too scared to really act upon them.  They knew better. The two of them had been given an important task, one that was to be acted out to the letter. Failure wasn’t an accepted outcome, though both knew that they couldn’t force these beings to do anything. Not really.

”I always forget this world is a greater adherent to those rules they hold,” The two had stopped at a booth, half worn down with dart boards hung on the back.

”A goddess can’t be bound by laws I guess,” he responded, deep purple dark appearing in had and th8unking into a target. Dead center.  ”Think he’ll be here to greet us?”

”I hear he always greets those that trespass into his palace,” Another dart, dead through the first.

”And what if he has a problem with the whole trespassing thing?” He questioned, as the two went back and forth with the darting throwing.

”He wouldn’t be the first self important vampire I put in his place,”

The moonlight was the only illumination around them. Electricity likely didn’t run to this place anymore, though neither of them seemed bothered by the low visibility. ”Wonder if that vampire king in LA would like hearing that,”

”He has his own issues and far more immediate,” She laughed, fingers snapping and reducing the stand into nothing. A rippling of air being the only thing that joined in its departure. ”so which one of you skulkers know where the kings throne is?”

A yelp followed. They caught something out in the darkness. Dragging forward a young vampire, perhaps born in the lastest millennia at most. Threads of shadows and darkness binding him tighter than any vice known to man, pressing the pale flesh even paler and drawing a few beads of black blood.

”Must suck for you huh? She’s not as nice as me. So, where’s your king? We want to talk to him ya see,” The armored man spoke, spiky black plate obscuring his face.  Neither looked particularly dangerous but these vampires could tell they were different than any meal they had. Even the creatures of shadows and werewolves stood back. No powerful command given to strike. The two doubted there were many commands that could compel them to such madness.

”You can show us where he resides or bring him here. I don’t care which. For every ten minutes we must wait, this young one loses another appendage,” Bladed shadows ripped through his left wrist. Followed by a howl and the rustling of those other shadows within the darkness.

The sell was all too easy really.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Shael Atterrius
Hyperion
Hyperion
Posting Master
Posting Master

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 417
Registration date : 2011-05-24

Back to top Go down

INV ONLY Re: A maw of shadows opens

Post by CainVulsore January 26th 2022, 11:08 am

The people of New Orleans had been through quite a bit in recent history. Not nearly as much as Chicago, or gods forbid New York, but they knew their fair city had been home to the villainous group known as Shade and that brought with them all kinds of unpleasantness. Even when the group disbanded not all the members left. No, one of its ilk had taken a liking to the magically inclined city and chose to stick around. This of course was none other than the Lord of Shadows himself, Cain Vulsore. The King of Darkness made New Orleans a safe haven for the creatures of the night that owed subservience to him. Allowed them to live in his domain, seek refuge from those that hunted them, and gave them free reign to hunt. So long as they remembered who was in charge of course.

Yet, it had been quite some time since he had actually visited the run down amusement park for anything more than to take a well deserved rest. To recuperate after one of his haunts. In fact he had been keeping a relatively low profile, something that most would claim wasn’t something he knew how to do. Rumors were abound that he had been killed, perhaps someone had gotten the best of him once and for all. Taken his throne and title, inherited all that came with being the Lord of Shadows. Maybe he had finally gotten caught by mortal, or magical, authorities and they threw him away in a prison so lost that none would ever find (or escape from) and threw away the key. One such rumor was that he was once more working for Elena Marie and was off on some secret mission in an alternate dimension. Either scouting or wrecking havoc for the crimson with.

While all of these were certainly fine rumors of what might be the reason he had not made any appearances in quite some time; the truth was none of them were correct. He had simply grown bored with the state of the world. There was so little left that he hadn’t done, hadn’t experienced. Entire nations feared him, scores of people whispered his name in hushed tones, he had been at or near the top of every governmental (secret or otherwise) hit/do not approach list, and Super Heroes knew that to mess with him was akin to courting death. It led to him taking a sabbatical of sorts. Traveling the world, indulging in his vices every now and then, watching people who interested him from a distance. Learning what he could of all the new players, while keeping himself out of the public eye.

That of course didn’t mean he wasn’t aware of the things that went on back in New Orleans and in the abandoned amusement park. It was due to his eyes and ears that he was aware of someone attempting to restart Shade under new leadership. It was also through these means that he was made aware of two interesting individuals walking into said abandoned amusement park and acting as if they owned the place. Instead of simply asking for an audience with the Lord of the land they took to torturing one of the vampires that called it home. This was something Cain could understand. He had made quite a reputation for himself. So, he shadow traveled back to the park and stepped out of the shadows with a grin upon his pale face. “I hear someone is looking for me? I do hope it's for a bit more fun than what that sap is experiencing.”

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Cain Vulsore
A maw of shadows opens Pbucket
Spoiler:

Creatures of the night
Vampires
CainVulsore
CainVulsore
Posting Master
Posting Master

Quote : "Bitch, I am the Lord of Shadows."

Number of posts : 434
Registration date : 2011-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyperion February 3rd 2022, 6:44 pm

The first to notice The Lord of Shadows was Erebus, who turned  towards him in a quick motion. A drawn out whistle issuing from behind the strange metal mask. ”He works quick, we didn’t even get to properly dismember the poor guy,” Disappointment flavored his voice,  as the vampire they had been tormenting dropped to the ground like a sack of whimpering potatoes. By now he was missing a hand and the leg below the knee, blood having spurted around and painted the ground like a macabre painting.  ”you heard right. We wanted to talk with the vampire who calls himself Lord of The Night. ”

Nyx turned to the man, quirking a single curious brow. ”I was expecting a little more though. Well all vampires were mortal at one point so it’s to be expected,” She shrugged, attention a lot but turned from the suffering vampire.  ”We were told to look into you, evaluate you and if you weren’t found wanting to bring you into our cause,” She looked the man over, wondering what power he might have at his disposal, if he was worth the same gifts the two of them had been given. Well there was only one way to find out that.

”Now you’re making us look rude,” Erebus chimed in, hands interlaced behind his back staring over The Lord of Darkness. More than the goddess he was curious what the man could do. ”Guess we should introduce ourselves. Since we know who you are afterall,”

”I suppose we should. I’m am known as Nyx, goddess of destruction, Lady Night or whatever else mortals might come to call me,” She rattled it off as one might list nicknames.  Seemingly so unimportant for someone who was called a goddess.

”And I’m Erebus. Don’t got any fancy titles here so sorry to disappoint,” He shrugged, though didn’t sound very apologetic.

”We’ve come here representing a common interest. This world is soon to reach its end and breathe its final breath. You’ve been chosen to outlive that end. The Black Beast is coming and soon it will consume everything.”

”Wow, exposition much?”

”Silence fool.” She snapped to Erebus. ”We’re here to see if you’re worthy if that choice,”

Shael Atterrius
Hyperion
Hyperion
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by CainVulsore February 7th 2022, 8:15 am

Mortal? Doesn’t look like much? Did this bitch not know who the fuck he was? A younger Cain would have forgone all pretense and simply started ripping these two apart. Used his almost god like strength or their own shadows to literally spear them in two. Anything to make them fear the Lord of Shadows. The ruler of all those that go bump in the night. Maybe even torture them for days on end, letting them get just close enough to the brink of death before stopping and starting over again the next night. He would have reveled in it too. Enjoyed every second of their painful existence, the taste of their blood, and the sweet sweet sound of their cries as they begged him for mercy. Or even better if they held out their resolve, knowing they’d crack eventually as everyone always did.

However, this was an older Cain. One who was at least a little more mature than that. He simply listened with a wicked smile on his pale face. They wanted to induct him into their cause? Another ‘Super Villain Group’ that needed the talents of the King of Darkness? It had been quite some time since he last threw his lot in with others of the same or similar caliber to his own. Especially since he slotted up with one that didn’t involve the Crimson Bitch. Then they introduced themselves. The first claiming to be a Goddess and the second also calling themselves a name that sounded familiar. If he was right it was something to do with Greek Mythology? Maybe? Cain was not the greatest when it came to classical literature. Yet their names did ring a bell at least.

What they ‘proposed’ next actually made the vampire lord laugh. “The end times huh?” He asked, amusement in his voice. “Do you know how many end times I’ve witnessed or had the pleasure of being in the same place as myself that turned up nothing? Shit. I was literally at ground zero for the New York Assault and when Demons started clawing their way up to this realm a year or so back.” A smile on his face at the two fond memories as well as all the fun he got to have with all the other ‘apocalyptic threats’. “But, I don’t mean to be rude. I’ll hear you out. It’s always more fun to be a part of the end times than not knowing why the world looks like its ending. Who is the big bad Beasty and what’s in it for me and mine?” Cain asked with a smile, a shadow rising up behind the tortured vampire and completly covering him. Whisking him away to someplace else.

Cain Vulsore
Spoiler:

Creatures of the night
Vampires
CainVulsore
CainVulsore
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyperion February 14th 2022, 6:29 pm

Nyx found herself amused by the mans response. Perhaps how he laughed at what they said or the nonchalant attitude that came with his words. Even if it was no different than Erebus, who tended to just go along with whatever mission they found themselves being given by that asshole they called a higher being. Were he not so powerful, she wouldn’t be wasting her time entertaining his whims. ”None I imagine. This world is weak, unraveling at the seams but none of it’s an internal thing,” Nyx shrugged, imperious and seemingly unimpressed with what the world had been through. She had seen worse before the beast had claimed other worlds. Practically seconds from death with the many scars to prove it.

”Well yeah, we’ve got us a shit show of a reality here. Seems like anything can stroll in if it wants,” She could feel his statement was meant to prod, though it went ignored.  She found it much easier to do that.

”As for what’s in it for you and yours, well you might be spared from the coming destruction. Also, you seem like the kind of person who values power more than anything else,” She shrugged, making a few judgements of the man within a few seconds.

”Wow, you suck at diplomacy don’t you?” Erebus added in shaking his head in an almost disappointed fashion. Looking to the suffering vampire being whisked away, softly laughing even at that. ”didn’t expect the cruel Lord of Shadows to show so much concern for his subjects. Now that is interesting.”

”If I needed your opinions Erebus I would ask them.  Anyhow, we were sent to test you and see if you were worthy to outlive the world. Obtain power beyond anything you might have dreamed of before and so on. I wonder if this interests you.” She shrugged and continued to gauge the man.

Shael Atterrius
Hyperion
Hyperion
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by CainVulsore February 17th 2022, 10:00 am

The things this world had gone through were nothing? This world was weak? As a man who valued strength above all else, that was an interesting way of looking at things. Cain Vulsore was power. He was the most powerful umbrakinetic on the planet, commanded the creatures of the night, and had defeated the previous Lord of Shadows to claim the title and benefits that came with it. These two seemed to think that whatever their ‘Dark Beast’ was coming to do that he wouldn’t survive without their help, or at least without being on their side of things. He loved violence, watching as chaos unfolded around him, reveled in the sweet screams of pain as if it brought him pleasure. He was certain that if it came down to it he’d fight alongside whatever this beasty had planned but it still irked him that they thought he couldn’t survive whatever was coming. He was not so easy to kill.

“You can’t rule over what doesn’t exist, pretty boy.” Cain replied in response to Erebus' comment about Cain showing concern for his subjects. Even if the other had been correct in the assumption, at least originally. At the start the Lord of Shadows didn’t care what happened to his underlings, they were nothing more than playthings, shiny new toys with which he could order to do anything and everything he wanted. An amusement that wore off when he realized that even if their fear made them loyal it only went so far. Having their fear, and trust or belief that he’d protect them? Now that made for true loyalty.

His attention snapped back to the bitch when she went on a spiel about how they were sent to test him, something about power beyond his imagination. See if he was interested in their little recruitment for the big bad beasty. He wasn’t. Or no, he was, but a few honeyed words, some shit about the end of the world, and nothing to actually show for it? What a load of bullshit. He should kill them both for even thinking of loading off this shit onto him. He should doubly kill them for that and for harming one of his own. The old Cain would have without a second thought. Would have ripped into their throats, drained them dry and then cut the heads off their bodies and sent them back to wherever they come from as a message to not Fuck with him.

He didn’t though. Instead he laughed and spread his arms out wide. “Sure little miss, I'll bite.” His pearly whites glistening in the moonlight “What’s this test you’ve got planned. What does your big bad beasty want little ol me to do hmm?”

Cain Vulsore
Spoiler:

Creatures of the night
Vampires
CainVulsore
CainVulsore
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Hyperion March 21st 2022, 4:22 pm

”I remember ruling. Conquering worlds, draining them dry and adding them to my collection. Like how people’d pin those insects in their books,” Erebus chuckled, seeming to recall something more that he didn’t share with the rest. A sentiment that seemed to cause the woman to cringe at his little statement. Even still Cain asked a question and she at the very least would try to give an answer. Emphasis in try to give an answer. As she opened her mouth to respond, all Erebus did was yawn. ”Alright I’m bored. We did your way last time, so I’m taking control of this little test.”

”What? You can’t just do that, I outrank you.”

”Alright, for one we don’t even have official ranks and two The Good Sister said I could. So shut it.” Erebus snapped in return, circling the two, rubbing mailed hands together in a bemused fashion. ”Besides, I can tell. This man doesn’t want to waste time with pointless words. He’s much better than that.” An edge entered the mans voice, something like a jagged knife being unsheathed.

Nyx seemed to glare at the man but stepped back. ”Fine. I’ll leave this test to you, but we’re testing him. So don’t do anything that’ll kill him,” Like that she seemed to fade, disappear as if she were never though. Appearing instead on the roof of one of the many game stands around, sitting and watching with likely no more to add to the conversation.

”Now that we got the wet blanket out of the way. I wanna see how strong you are. Sure, the words of weaklings says you're strong but that don’t mean shit. Let’s go all out, see what your really made of Lord of Shadows. Let’s fucking paint the town red,” The lower half of his mask seemed to vanish in black mist, revealing a human looking jaw with a dust of stubble and pulsing runes like vines that spread across the skin. Lips split into a wicked excited grin.  Nyx felt it immediately, that aura that radiated from the man when he let loose. Watching some of the creatures hiding in the shadows start to feel it as well.

An aura of madness, fear hatred and all of those negative emotions. An aura of bloodlust that oppressed the mind, body and soul like the weight of the oceans depths itself. Some of them howled in agony, others whimpered, and even more gave into mad anger and began gnawing at their own flesh. ”Let’s fight and bleed. Hurt and be hurt. What do you say Vampire Lord?”

Last edited by Hyperion on March 28th 2022, 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Shael Atterrius
Hyperion
Hyperion
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by CainVulsore March 28th 2022, 7:44 am

Cain watched as the two prattled on, the plate mail wearing man walking around the two of them. Like a lion circling its prey. To most it would be unnerving at best, and downright terrifying at worst. To the Lord of Shadows? It was mildly amusing. Even more so was the fact that little miss honestly thought this poser could do anything that would actually kill him. He had faced the strongest this world had to offer, had proven time and time again that he deserved to be-no was meant to be at the top of the food chain. Both figuratively and literally. The King of Darkness was nearly as strong as ‘ol Pain, and just as tough as the beast Ibis. His control over the shadows and darkness of this world was unmatched by any and he had killed the previous Lord of Shadows. Taken their weapon and made it his own. The only person he had ever answered to was Elena Marie, and that felt like a lifetime ago.

This funny little thing in front of him thought they were his better? They believed that they actually stood a chance against him? Oh how he relished in the fact he would soon get to show them why he was so feared. Why the old organization OCEAN had an entire training regime based around what to do if they encountered him (hint it involved a lot of running). An almost maniacal grin spread across his features as the punk calling himself Erebus gave out his version of this ‘test’. A fight? A bloody fucking brawl between the two of them. It was almost too good to be true. Cain had been itching to tear into the two of them since they showed up at his ‘abandoned’ amusement park. Now not only was he being given the chance he was being encouraged to let loose?

He cackled, just a little, when the aura of madness spread out, reaching deep into his being. It was too bad that what was already mad couldn’t go any further down the rabbit hole. Every single shadow within sight of the two would be combatants started to shift, moving back and forth. Looming in the background swaying side to side as if they were dancing to the beat of some unknown song that only they could hear. “Oh you’re speaking my language pretty boy.” Cain replied in turn, cracking his knuckles on both hands “Any boring old rules I should know about this scuffle before we begin?” The aforementioned vampire lord inquired with a sinister smile, all the while waiting for the perfect moment. As soon as Erebus answered his question, or didn’t the man’s own shadow would whip out from behind intending to spear them through the back. What was the old saying? Oh yes. Let's get this party started in here.

Cain Vulsore
Spoiler:

Creatures of the night
Vampires
CainVulsore
CainVulsore
Posting Master
Posting Master