The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Drake Delores
Viper I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Viper I_icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2024, 11:34 am by ghost

» Playing With Metal
Viper I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
Viper I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» Beholder of the eyes
Viper I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 12:22 am by Vorik

» When the Wind Goes
Viper I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
Viper I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
Viper I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Viper I_icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2024, 12:58 am by Cynical_Aspie

» Hero By Day
Viper I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

» EXCALIBYTE
Viper I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2024, 5:43 pm by inquisitor

» Pizza Man
Viper I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2024, 5:43 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
No user

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Viper

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Viper Empty Viper

Post by SkepticalStoic April 16th 2019, 12:11 am

Viper

I believe the application of metahuman abilities are for the individual to decide. I simply prefer to serve my own interests."

The Bio

Renegade Name: Viper
Title: The Blade Witch
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Race: Metahuman/Hispanic
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown
Height: 5'6
Weight:155 lbs
Blood type: B

The Looks

She wears a skin tight jumpsuit designed for freedom of movement. The lower half is black, the upper half is scarlet, and the colors make a gradient at the hips. The portion of the suit covering her wrists and hands is black. She is somewhat muscular, but not bulky.  She has black bobbed hair, swooped over her right eyebrow reaching down to her chin.

The Personality

Selena is motivated by her "survival of the fittest" mentality. She does what she does for her own sake, feeling that it's better them than her. She'll lend her blades to anyone who's willing to pay her price, and she'll work for any employer. She accepts this role in the world. She's blunt, and she thinks critically.
The Story

Life for Selena was relatively peaceful in her early years. She had a proud, close knit family, and she lived with them on the coast of Colombia.

On a fun day when her elder brothers and their friends played a little too rough with her, a wooden stick miraculously appeared in her hand. Every child present ceased his or her games and stared in astonishment. Shy, in an attempt to rid herself of their eyes, she flailed the stick around until it changed into a rock. She may have thrown it away, but more and more kids whispered about it afterward. Her parents instructed her to never conjure up a weapon again, and she obeyed for a couple of months. She only had a couple of months left with them.

Sometimes people talk. Sometimes the word gets out when it really shouldn't, even at an inncoent person's expense. Selena knows this all too well.

Tales of the weapon witch spread around the neighboring towns; each time the story became more and more corrupted.  Eventually, the witch of weapons came to be thought of as a weapon herself. In order to utilize that weapon, an unknown organization traced the stories back to their source. Her family was murdered, and she was kidnapped, all in the dead of night.

The organization was disappointed that she wasn't anywhere near as powerful as the tales described, but they saw the potential in her. She was regularly taught to use many different weapons such as pistols and daggers. She was immediately able to summon then when she needed them, meaning she didn't have to carry any weapons on her person. She soon became skilled with a plethora of weapons. Hand to hand combat lessons began, and shortly afterwards she began killing real people. She was insidious and deadly. The organization gave her a code name: Viper. She fought and killed many of their enemies without remorse.

She never learned a single captor's name, nor did she learn the organization's name. She was taught that she was a weapon, nothing more, nothing less.

The organization eventually dissolved, but Selena Gonzales didn't fall under suspicion. She was viewed as a victim who'd lost her family by courts, her identity as Viper uncompromised. She was free to go, but spending fifteen years as a living weapon left her with only one purpose: killing.

Viper is a wanted criminal who has taken credit for over three hundred assassinations. She's also regularly hired for dangerous, combat oriented jobs.
The Priority

1. Reaction
2. Agility
3. Strength
4. Durability

The Powers

Weapon Creation: Simply put, Viper can conjure any weapon she already knows how to use. That includes firearms, daggers, polearms, swords, axes, blow darts, grenade launchers, bow and arrows, whips, flamethrowers... to name a few. If she's used it, she can summon it. In order to swap weapons, all she needs to do is allow her current weapon to shrink until it's gone. The process only takes one second, and the replacement weapon will instantaneously appear in her hands. The switch is activated mentally.

Weapon Proficiency: As a woman trained with weapons since early childhood, she can use most everything in her arsenal with near mastery.
The Weaknesses

Creation Limit: She can only have one created weapon at a time. If she wants to use something else, she has to switch.

Will To Fight: Her creation power is influenced by her will to fight. If she is heavily injured or she falls unconscious, her summoned weapon will vanish. Emotional distress, although unlikely to occur, can cause the weapons to disappear as well.

Size Limit: Any weapon she creates must be handheld. For example, a two handed axe is perfectly fine, but an armored vehicle is out of the question.

The Items

-Night vision tech. It can simultaneously function as binoculars.

Weakness: Limited battery.
The Minions

NA
The Fluff

She can conjure a banana peel.
She doesn't get slang.
The RP Sample

She had gotten used to thinking of them as prey. It fit well with her codename after all, as she was a deadly, calculated predator. The Viper's reputation preceeeed her; she always landed the hit and got the job done. Tonight would be no different.

Her target was a member or the royalty: Princess Danielle. She was going to die tonight. She had stalked her out for several months now, undetected. She knew the princess' habits, and more importantly, she knew she went on trips every other Wednesday night. She had stalked the bodyguards, too. She knew her opponents; however, her opponents did not know her.

For now, she kept her distance from the expected crime scene. Her trap was already set, and her night vision binoculars allowed her to see all she needed from a distance.

Confirming Viper's suspicions, the princess and her bodyguards soon emerged from the castle in a nonconspicuous vehicle. Unaware of the peril they were in, they drove over a grenade timed to explode right as they were driving over it.

The explosive blasted the car into the air, and it crashed down with great force. Metal banged against solid ground, denting and making an awful amount of noise as it flipped around. Its violent motions eventually ended, top down on the side of the road.

As the guards emerged to check for hostiles, Viper had already readied a special weapon. From her bow, she released an explosive trick arrow, causing a blast in order to further disorient the group.

She switched off binocular mode and began closing in, ready to kill.

After the distance was closed, she threw a dagger, the knife projecting from the man's heart. Another guard began to radio backup, so she swiftly conured a pistol to shoot the radio from his hands, then she went for the head. She fought the remaining two in close quarters combat, getting the better of both and ending them with her knife.

She finally turned her attention to the princess, who she quickly found sobbing in the car. She pulled her out by the arm, and used that momentum to run the already bloodied knife through her neck.

Application created by Chellizard | This code is open-source and available for free use.

Last edited by SkepticalStoic on April 17th 2019, 12:14 am; edited 4 times in total
SkepticalStoic
SkepticalStoic

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 11
Humor : Dry/Dark
Registration date : 2018-03-01

Back to top Go down

Viper Empty Re: Viper

Post by MissingAxis April 16th 2019, 7:12 pm

Hey, SkepticalStoic, welcome back.

It looks like everything is in order, but I have a few questions regarding Viper's weapon creation power. What sort of weapons is she incapable of creating? Can she create, for example, a man-portable nuclear warhead (Davy Crockett nuke) How quickly can she create and switch weapons? Edit the answers into your sheet and we should be all set on that front.

As far as Viper's weaknesses, I will not be counting her "Durability" weakness as it is literally "she's a normal human other than her powers" which goes for a significant number of characters on this site. Fortunately, you have two other weaknesses so your weakness requirements are satisfied and you don't have to change anything. I am only pointing this out for any future characters you make.

Cheers,
MissingAxis
Forum Moderator
MissingAxis
MissingAxis
Post Mate
Post Mate

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2017-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by SkepticalStoic April 16th 2019, 11:27 pm

I added onto the powers a bit to answer your question (and I removed the durability weakness). In summary, all created weapons have a handheld size limit. To switch, she needs a second to remove her current weapon which results in the new weapon instantly taking its place.
SkepticalStoic
SkepticalStoic

Number of posts : 11
Humor : Dry/Dark
Registration date : 2018-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by MissingAxis April 16th 2019, 11:34 pm

Approved and moved.
MissingAxis
MissingAxis
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by MissingAxis April 16th 2019, 11:49 pm

Moved for typo edits. Archiving previous state.

Spoiler:
MissingAxis
MissingAxis
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by MissingAxis April 17th 2019, 12:16 am

Re-approved and moved.