The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Santo Dorado
Nikola Tesla I_icon_minitimeToday at 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Captain Brigade
Nikola Tesla I_icon_minitimeToday at 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Graymoon Institue of the Empowered
Nikola Tesla I_icon_minitimeToday at 6:58 am by inquisitor

» Jack Hawthorne
Nikola Tesla I_icon_minitimeToday at 6:55 am by inquisitor

» Speedrun
Nikola Tesla I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:39 am by Arcana

» Frontline

» Revenant

» Fusion Frenzy
Nikola Tesla I_icon_minitimeToday at 12:46 am by ProwlerKnight

» Pleasant Point
Nikola Tesla I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:01 pm by Zonkes

» Homefront (Lore Submission)
Nikola Tesla I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 2:28 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
Nikola Tesla I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 2:26 pm by inquisitor

» The birds of expedience
Nikola Tesla I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:45 am by Cerek

Top posting users this week
inquisitor
Nikola Tesla I_vote_lcapNikola Tesla I_voting_barNikola Tesla I_vote_rcap 
Arcana
ProwlerKnight
Cerek
Sage
Zonkes

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Nikola Tesla

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nikola Tesla Empty Nikola Tesla

Post by Nikola December 18th 2009, 11:35 pm

Super Hero/Villain/Renegade/etc Name: Nikola
Title: The King of the Vampires
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Race: Part-human part-vampire
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 180 lbs

Costume Descirption/Image: Nikola Tesla SanctuaryTesla

Personality:
Tesla's personality can be best descibed as a bit of a paradox as he is prone to shifts in moods depending on the moment. At one moment he can be quite reserved and sophisticated, the next shifting to wild and exuberant when the right moment takes him. Helen once described him as at best "an aquired taste" and at worse "selfish and arogant, putting your own desires ahead of everyone else's". Despite this, he does have a more noble side

History:
Before the history of Tesla, I feel as if I must explain the history of "The Five"
"The Five" were a group of scientists and paranormal researchers studying "Abnormals", who were dedicated to expanding their knowledge of the physical world even by the most unconventional means.
Though it may not be their official symbol, the Five often seem to represent themselves with a five-point pentagram. This was used on the tablet in the vampire city of Bhalasaam, and was also engraved on each of their personel keys. The keys were used to unlock a protected vial with the source blood.
The original members came together at Oxford University in the Victorian Era. One of the members, Dr. Helen Magnus, was able to procure a sample of blood from a species named sanguine vampiris, the pure, ancient form of vampires. The sample in question dated from before the time when Vampires were killed off or sterilized by the Roman Catholic Church. Magnus derived a serum from the source blood and discovered that, if injected, they could gain extraordinary powers. The group's members each chose to "evolve", and Magnus insisted on being the first to experiment in case the serum proved fatal. She survived the injection and together, each of the rest of the five took the serum and received unique "gifts" as a result:
Helen Magnus: Longevity
John Druitt: Teleportation
Nikola Tesla: Control over Electricity & Awakening of latent Vampire genes (including the ability to Heal)
Nigel Griffin: Invisibility
James Watson: Enhanced Intelligence
Additionally, each member received some form of longevity that allowed them to live longer than most humans (while Magnus' was permanent, the others' abilities merely slowed down their own aging process). Each of the five members were connected by this shared secret, which they would protect for years to come.
Shortly after they aquired their gifts London was besieged by brutal murders, targeted against young women; the attacks eventually became known as the "Jack the Ripper" killings. Watson personally investigated the murders (and it is likely the other members of the Five also investigated as well) because of the possiblity that an abnormal might have been involved, or behind, the killings.
The truth, however, was worse than any of them could imagine, as it was one of their own who was behind the murders. While Helen, Nikola, James and Nigel where able to master and adjust to their abilities, John's ability had the unforeseen side-effect of awakening a predisposition for killing in him. Every time John used his ability it drove him more insane, and filled him with a rage that could only be satisfied with murder. In the begining he was able to hide his condition from the others, especially Watson who would consult with him regularly about the killings, and John (as his alter ego "the Ripper") would even change tactics in his kills to confuse and mock Watson. In the end, either John slipped up or the others became wise to what he was up to, and after discovering that he was "The Ripper" and why, Helen tried one last time to offer him help. By that time Watson was disgusted and ashamed that his friend could do such terrible things. Nikola and Nigel apperantly formed similar opinions about their former companion. John refused Helen's help and disappeared after she attempted to defend herself. He was not to be seen again until many year later when his insanity was cured (unintentionally) by Tesla.
It is not specified but it is believed that after the discovery of John's actions, and his subsequent dissapearance, the rest of the Five split up and scattered across the globe. They still kept in relative close contact, as Tesla mentioned, and they were each involved in the World Wars.

And now, to Nikola's:
Tesla was a famous scientist, though Druitt suggests he leeched off Edison and cheated Marconi (which is a lie). Nikola, nevertheless, enjoyed working together with the group at Oxford, but felt they all changed when they got their powers, whereas he felt he had found out who he really was. Nikola also became a great friend and admirer to Magnus during her studies of Abnormals; to the point he loved her "more than that lunatic Druitt ever did". While the rest of the five gained their own unique abilities that either reflected on their personality or improved them, Tesla's reaction to the source blood was the most bizarre. Unknown to the Five, or even to himself, one of Nikola's ancestors had been a Vampire, and the dormant genes had been passed down to Tesla. These genes were awoken by being exposed to the Source Blood. As well has gaining the ability to cast streams of electricity at will, he also developed vampiric characteristics including enhanced speed, strength and agility, immortality, regenerative (healing) powers and a supposed blood-lust.

Tesla is able to change from human form in to his vampric side at will, and can even stop the change at certain stages.

In 1942 or 1943, during World War II, Tesla believed peace would break out by giving every Allied government plans for a death-ray weapon he invented. With every spy agency in the world searching for him, Magnus helped Tesla fake his death and escape. He disappeared and remained hidden until 2007, where he approached Magnus rather boldly with a note that said, "You're going to die in three minutes. Meet me. Now. P.S, You look hot.". He then led her on to believe that she was being chased by Cabal when in fact it was HIM being hunted for his race of vampires, created by him but as dumb as a doornail.
Tesla found a way to make new vampires with an invention (involving "a little of his blood, and a little of his electrical charge mixed with a dead body"). Tesla proceeded to revive the now-deceased to create soldiers. He located his former Five comrade John Druitt, and tempted him to join forces. When Druitt refused Tesla tortured him with severe electric shocks but Druitt was able to escape. Tesla planned to recruit Magnus as well, and kill her if she refused to join him in his plan to overthrow the world.
At the time, Dr. Magnus was delivering a lecture in Rome when she was handed a note saying, "You will be killed in less than three minutes. signed, Nikola Tesla. P.S. You look hot". Naturally, Helen was surprised to hear from him as she hadn't seen the man in over 60 years. She was especially shocked when he arrived mere moments later and told her that Cabal agents were all over the building. This fact was proven when armed gunmen entered the lecture hall. Magnus decided to follow Tesla down the stairs to a well-lit, 200-year-old system of catacombs beneath the city. The Cabal agents quickly followed with the intent to either capture or kill them. Tesla used his power to repeatedly beat the agents back, stopping short of feeding on them. He insisted he was still taking the medication used to curb his blood thirst, having vowed not to feed on humans long ago. Nevertheless, he seemed to enjoy himself.
As they continued through the catacombs, Magnus realized that the Cabal wasn't after her at all. They were after him. Tesla initially denied this, impatiently insisting they had no time to waste and she had to trust him, but ultimately admitted they were hunting him because the Cabal perceived and viewed him as a threat. Tesla revealed his seething anger at the demise of his kind (vampires) and how they are now portrayed so grossly inaccurate by humanity and "I'm a beast from the east with the finest in my teeth"
Eventually, the two witnessed the Cabal team come under attack and are struck down by creatures a horrified Magnus identifies as a true vampire. An excited Tesla introduced the vampires to her as his creations and proclaims they were the future. Tesla tried to convince Helen to join him, admitting that, while his new creations were fast, vicious and strong, they were virtually mindless. Tesla believed Magnus could help make them intelligent as well, and together they could usher in a new Golden Age (like the original vampires had ushered in while ruling the world). Magnus responded by calling him insane. The two argued, with Tesla insisting that, because Abnormals were on the rise, they could conquer the world with his vampire creations and lead the abnormal world together. Magnus immediately tried to escape, shooting Tesla and running away.
Tesla and his creations pursued her, and closed in as Magnus ran out of ammunition. Before Tesla could kill Magnus, Druitt suddenly arrived with Ashley. With very little time, Druitt forcibly recruited Ashley and told her that the electric shocks Tesla tortured him with had actually released him from the maddening rage that had been consuming John for so many years. After convincing Ashley of his honesty, he teleported them together to Rome to rescue her mother. Upon arrival, Druitt rammed his fist through Tesla's abdomen, supposedly killing him, and teleported Magnus and Ashley back to safety.
Tesla had in fact survived Druitt's attack, and after a long period of regeneration, recovered from the injuries inflicted by John

Powers: As well has gaining the ability to cast streams of electricity at will, he also developed vampiric characteristics including enhanced speed, strength and agility, immortality, regenerative (healing) powers and blood-lust.

Tesla is able to change from human form in to his vampric side at will, and can even stop the change at certain stages.

PowerGrid:
Strength: 4
Speed: 4
Intelligence: 6
EP: 4
Fighting Skills:3
Durability:1
Character Image/Description: Nikola Tesla Bscap0186

Roleplay Sample: (If new or new character)
Nikola
Nikola

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-12-18

Back to top Go down

Nikola Tesla Empty Re: Nikola Tesla

Post by VivaLaCult December 19th 2009, 12:06 am

Really cool app, but I am not keen on the idea of vampires, to me it seems like once there is one hundreds will come, but I will leave this app for another.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Nikola Tesla Wat12
VivaLaCult
VivaLaCult
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 1587
Job : Killing people with my BEAR HANDS
Humor : buckets and buckets of dead people
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikola December 19th 2009, 12:28 am

Know what, I thought about that. And that is why I put 'Pure Vampires are EXTINCT!' Though maybe not in those words.
Nikola
Nikola

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 19th 2009, 12:09 pm

Hmm vampires are a bit over rated and usually when one pops up it opens a flood gate...However the history is fucking bomb I like it and say Good Luck on Approval.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The Black Knight December 19th 2009, 7:04 pm

A vampire is fine with me, he obviously took his time with this character so it'd be wrong of me to deny it to him. How ever, there is a problem with him. His immortality, he can still die if some one else kills him, you can't really have a character who cannot be killed. Unless this immortality means you don't die from aging or natural causes, or something like that.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Midway in life's journey, I found myself in the dark woods, The right way lost, To tell about those woods is difficult, so tangled and rough, It's savage just thinking of it now...I felt the old fear stirring, from where my shadows were born."

Nikola Tesla Blackknight1Nikola Tesla Blackknightgrid
The Black Knight
The Black Knight
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikola December 19th 2009, 11:28 pm

Oh, yeah. Sorry bout that. I was working way too hard on the history. Yes, he can die from wounds that bleed him out quickly, but if you just punctured his heart and walked away, his regenerative powers would kick in and heal it. You would have to inflict several critical wounds.
Nikola
Nikola

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaLaCult December 20th 2009, 10:58 am

Like I said great app, good luck with the vampire deal though.

Approved.

Nikola Tesla Wat12
VivaLaCult
VivaLaCult
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 1587
Job : Killing people with my BEAR HANDS
Humor : buckets and buckets of dead people

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 20th 2009, 6:13 pm

welcome vampires one and soon to be all.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Slamfist March 6th 2010, 9:56 am

Is this character completely custom. It seems like, crazy in-depth and I was just wondering.
Slamfist
Slamfist
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 1686
Job : Student
Humor : More inside jokes than should be allowed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top