The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Terror In Manhattan - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeToday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Terror In Manhattan - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Terror In Manhattan - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Terror In Manhattan - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Terror In Manhattan - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Terror In Manhattan - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Terror In Manhattan - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Terror In Manhattan - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Terror In Manhattan - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
Terror In Manhattan - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Terror In Manhattan - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Terror In Manhattan - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Tybrid
Terror In Manhattan - Page 2 I_vote_lcapTerror In Manhattan - Page 2 I_voting_barTerror In Manhattan - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
SicilianDragon
Terror In Manhattan - Page 2 I_vote_lcapTerror In Manhattan - Page 2 I_voting_barTerror In Manhattan - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Vorik
Cynical_Aspie

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Terror In Manhattan

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Terror In Manhattan - Page 2 Empty Re: Terror In Manhattan

Post by KingTyrant September 15th 2017, 3:53 pm

Voltage hovered next to the demolished top floor, sparks shooting from his hands and feet as he panted, knowing that he dodged a bullet with that explosion. His heart raced, as well. "Damn... I hope those two are alright..." He murmured, trying to look into the broken windows, smoke pouring out and obscuring his vision. When he heard their voices inside, he let out a sigh of relief. He knew it wouldn't be long before the rest of the bombs were set off, and he needed to act fast.

Flying towards Flick and Robyn, he coughed as some of the smoke filled his lungs. "So... I know you literally just took a bomb blast to the face, but if we're gonna save lives, we need to do it now. That maniac has his hands on the detonator for every one of these floors. And they have hostages in each one." He told them. "Clearly, we're all very different people... But for right now, we need to be a team. Then we can forget we all ever met. Deal? Deal." He said, not giving them a chance to respond. He looked at Robyn. "Floor by floor, right? Catch you on the flipside!"

With that, he did a backflip out of the window, straightening his body out before shooting through the next floor like a bullet, spearing one of the men who seemed to be waiting for the heroes in the gut. As soon as he was downed, the others turned, shredding through cubicles and furniture with gunfire as they tried taking him out. He had gotten behind a post to evade the bullets, poking his head and an arm out just long enough to give them a strong, electric jolt. They sprang into the air before crumpling over, both convulsing from the electric shock. Still, there were more, and they were closing in on him fast.

Back on the bottom floor, near the back room, Jebediah had placed the radio he had used to contact his arch enemy down on a table, just when two more New Breed rushed in, panting as they blocked the door with a chair. Turning to their boss, one of them spoke up. "It's a massacre out there! This... Metal man... Some kinda robot; he's ripping through us like paper!" He said, voice shaky. The Skull scoffed, pulling out his submachine gun, cocking it. "Sounds like a new challenge. I like it." He said. At that moment, all of them heard a thump from outside, Jeb nodding to the door. "Don't be pussies... Check it out." He ordered.

The two men slowly walked to the door, guns at the ready as they removed the chair and opened it up. They looked at each other as they noticed Cebra's stunned body laying right at the door, one of them turning back to the Skull. "Looks to be down for the count, sir!" He called back in. The Skull was at the table with the radio, shuffling through some duffel bags of equipment. "Good! Bring him in and let's have a little chit-chat." With that, the two reached down to grab an arm each, hoping to drag the cyborg into the room for whatever Jeb was thinking of doing next.

KingTyrant

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2017-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by stbrown02 September 19th 2017, 1:08 am

"Fine. Let's just save these people." Robyn replied to Voltage. She looked over toward Flick, "I'll take take the floor above us." Robyn rose up and out of her stairway crater, she crouched and jumped towards the next floor's doorway. Robyn charged straight through the barred doors; while breaking through, Robyn took in her surroundings. She saw four armed gunmen, each with their own individual animal masks, stationed strategically around the room and cubicles; and directly in the middlemost area were the hostages.

Robyn continued toward at a blazing speed, she rammed herself directly into a terrorist with a cat mask. She took hold of the gunman's vest, Robyn threw the man's body right at a dog-faced terrorist, who was raising his gun towards the woman. Out of the corner of her eye, Robyn saw a gunman, with a blue-bird mask, aim his gun right at one of the hostages. Robyn flew, quite literally, right at the gunman; before he could pull the trigger, Robyn easily flicked the gun out of his hand and across the room. She then threw a jab against his ribs; when it landed, a sickening crack could be heard.

Gun shots ribbed through the cubicles straight at Robyn. Robyn flew in an arc above the cubicles and straight for the last gunman. She landed right next to the man; Robyn grabbed his suicide vest in her hands, she kicked him right in his abdomen, ripping him away from the vest and sending him flying towards the wall. Robyn then raced around the room collecting the rest of the vests and hitting the terrorists again, for reassurance.

Robyn tied the vests together and ran to the window, she leaned outside of it. Robyn heard the vests start to beep, "Oh shit!" Robyn put all of her strength into her arm, she then threw the vests meters into the air, high above the buildings. The suicide vests detonated above in the air, they produced a incredible shock wave, luckily it was far enough away to do little damage. "Another floor down." Robyn said to herself. She turned around towards the hostages, "You guys should probably get out of here."

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Terror In Manhattan - Page 2 7829550FF35A89B86703A6BA2355D61A2
stbrown02
stbrown02

Quote : "Would you put day drinking under experience or special abilities?"

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 45
Job : Maybe
Humor : LOL
Registration date : 2017-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Flick September 19th 2017, 11:22 am

Flick grimaced behind his mask as Voltage issued commands and Robyn declared that she'd handle the floor above. The mercenary looked into his bag, where he'd stashed the bank notes that he'd stolen earlier during the confusion, and then the window. Pulling at the zip, Flick ensured that no one else would spot them.

"Aye, eh. I'll take this floor?" Flick said with reluctance, still offended at the notion he was automatically going to risk his own life for other people. The nerve!

The Scotsman turned towards the window and considered just leaving then and there. Before he could to a decision, however, the door behind him flung open and two of the terrorists charged through dragging a bleeding office worker behind them.

"Oh for fuck's sake," Flick complained, as the pair immediately pointed their pistols at him and fired. Both shots bounced off of his armoured plates.

"Ow! Alright then, ya pair of fuds! Ye asked for it!" Flick yelled, pointing his own energy blasters at both and firing several times with extreme prejudice. After a few seconds both of them dropped to the ground, unconcious. His blasters weren't normally lethal, luckily for them.

"Th-thank you, mister!" blurted out the wounded office worker as he grasped at Flick's leg with shaky arms.

Flick looked down, uncomfortable with the situation. To save face, the mercenary pointed his energy blaster at the man, "Let go--- just, give me your fuckin' wallet, mate!"

A minute later, and up $50, Flick had shrunk once more and went looking for the others. "In for a penny, in for a fucking pound," he grumbled.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Flick: https://www.superhero-rpg.com/t11066-flick
Flick
Flick

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2017-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerek September 19th 2017, 3:50 pm

Cebra wakes up bound tight to a chair, that's the first thing he notices. The next would be the shiny gun barrel in his face held by a firm steady grip. Clearly this was someone who had no idea who Cebra was or how meaningless metal weaponry was against him. But for the sake of gathering information about this new terrorist he decided to play along. He could hear commotion going on on the other floors, Cebra had to wonder who else was here.

"Hey boss man, he's awake."

"Ugh.. Which one of you dragged me across the floor and dirtied my shirt? You'll be the first one who will feel my foot ten inches deep in their ass."

One of the guards strikes Cebra with the butt of his gun.

"Shut the hell up."

Cebra winces a bit but mostly just looks annoyed.

"I dont know what I'm gonna do to you, but it will violate the Geneva convention."

The guard looks at Cebra and gulps.

"Y... you need to jut shut up before I put a round in your head."

Cerek
Cerek
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : Ho ho ho to the bottle I go! To heal my heart and drown my woes

Number of posts : 619
Humor : In good balance
Registration date : 2017-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by KingTyrant September 26th 2017, 10:55 pm

Conner was finishing up with the New Breed on the floor he was blasting through, the hostages filtering out once the men were all downed by the electric man. He was applying a similar tactic to Robyn as far as the vests were concerned, making sure they couldn't cause anymore collateral damage by simply shorting them out with a direct electrical pulse. "Can't blow up if the detonator can't reach you..." He murmured quietly, hanging the vests on a cubicle wall.

It was at this point that the whole building shook yet again, and Conner immediately feared the worst, based on the loud, thunderous boom that accompanied the tremor. Rushing to the nearest window, he sighed in relief as he looked up and saw the cloud of smoke and fire dangerously close to the building, but not close enough to get anyone hurt. Obviously, his hero companions, at least for the time being, were working their magic. Now, it was time to carry onto the next floor. And that's what he planned on doing.

In the room Cebra was being held in, the Skull smirked slightly within the confines of his mask as the man came to. He listened to the squabble between his loyal henchman and the rather intimidating cyborg, but cut in before his boy could soil his pants. Kneeling in front of Cebra, he reached a hand out to ruffle his hair. "There, there, champ... How ya feelin'?" He mocked, holding his hand out to one side, whistling to one of his goons.

Bringing to him a small, cylindrical device that looked like it had been cobbled up in a very short amount of time, Jeb stood and twirled it in his hand while walking circles around the hero. "You caused a lot of collateral damage,
you know that? Little lost lamb who doesn't seem to realize who he's fuckin' with."
He growled the last part before dangling the device in front of his face. After a moment of silence, he looked at him dead in the eyes with the skeletal mask, ripping it off to reveal his face, which grinned.

"The Hell's your problem? Kickin' ass and takin' names, then you have some kind of seizure and you're suddenly all bark and no god damned bite." He went back to walking circles around him, eventually placing his hands on his shoulders, squeezing firmly. "The clavicle bone and Trapezius muscle... Very sensitive to most humans,
breaking it or squeezing just right can cause unimaginable pain in a man. But you ain't no ordinary man, are you, Mr. Roboto?"

"I fancy myself an expert in anatomy. I know all the right spots to push, all the right joints to tweak, all the right ligaments to strain to make little piggies squeal. But I ain't no mechanic... So instead of playing doctor, I'mma let the EMP do the work." He said, pressing the trigger on the device, which revved to life. "It'll only last around 30 minutes... And that's all I need. You just sit tight like a good little bitch, while I blow this place sky-high. Feel me?"

With that, he firmly pressed the device to his upper arm, pulling the trigger just seconds afterwards.

CHARACTERS

Voltage

The Ebony Skull
KingTyrant
KingTyrant

Quote : "That's me. Conner Ericsson, the rich asshole with his whole life on a silver platter! But, and this is just an idea! I'm the rich asshole who just may save your life someday."

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2017-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by stbrown02 October 10th 2017, 12:04 am

"C'mon now go faster; hurry, hurry, hurry. Don't you want to live?" She said trying to get the hostages to put pep in their step. As the hostages ran out the door trying to get to safety, Robyn prepared for her next assault. Robyn focused her gaze onto the ceiling, she held out her fists and readied herself; then Robyn gave a superhuman jump and rocketed up right through the ceiling to the next floor.

When tearing through the floor, a sound similar to a wrecking ball could be heard. As she flew through the floor, debris scattered everywhere. The broken concrete and marble tore away from the floor it formerly was, and it flew about a foot away from the newly made hole. As the dust, brought on from the demolition of the floor, cleared; Robyn started looking around. To her knowledge the floor was vacant, all that occupied the room was furniture and filing cabinets.  "No one's here. Must've got out already."

Right as the words escaped from, her mouth someone slashed out at her. The knife ripped across her hand, "We got you cornered, bitch! We knew you were coming." Spouted the Rabbit-faced woman. "Come on out, men!" She shouted again. On her command, two more terrorist jumped out from behind the furniture; one jumping out from under a desk, wearing a black bear mask; the other coming from behind a filing cabinet, wearing a polar bear mask.

"Get ready to die, bit-ArGGHH!" Like a flash of lightning, Robyn snatched the woman by her throat; right before the Rabbit was able to finish her taunt. Robyn slapped away the woman's dagger, Robyn then slammed the woman onto the heavily, damaged marble floor. Robyn glanced up at the other two assailants reaching for their guns. "Oh no you don't!" Robyn grabbed a baseball-sized chuck of concrete, she reeled back and launched the rock right at the black bear's head; it cracked against the terrorist's head making him fall to his knees.

Before she could react the polar bear unloaded it's handgun's entire clip into her chest; but to his surprise every bullet dropped harmlessly to the ground. "Aww, you have pretty bad luck." Robyn said taunting him. Just as he was about to reload, Robyn launched at him like a bullet. She stopped right in front of him and sent an uppercut right at him. When it connected it, he was sent rocketing straight for the ceiling; but Robyn grabbed his ankle with both her hands before he could hit it and she then slammed him back onto the rumble infested ground. "They knew I was coming... that means they know other people are in the building here to help too. Well I guess we lost the element of surprise."

Terror In Manhattan - Page 2 7829550FF35A89B86703A6BA2355D61A2
stbrown02
stbrown02

Quote : "Would you put day drinking under experience or special abilities?"

Number of posts : 45
Job : Maybe
Humor : LOL
Registration date : 2017-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Flick October 16th 2017, 7:12 am

The Fly on the Wall crawled across a lamp hanging above the Tyrant, Cebra and the henchman. He'd found his way in here after dealing with the two goons on the other floor.

Flick grimaced upon hearing the word EMP. "Nope," he muttered, too quiet to be heard by anyone without enhanced senses. The mercenary had reluctantly agreed to help, but he jumping these guys alone - armed with an EMP no less - was not an option.

Flick: https://www.superhero-rpg.com/t11066-flick
Flick
Flick

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2017-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerek October 16th 2017, 3:10 pm

Cebra grew quickly from annoyed to angry, though at the moment he couldn't do much. He watched the psycho in charge gloat about supposedly outdoing Cebra. Cebra however always had at least three escape strategies for any given situation, as per his training. Cebra felt a metal shard he had buried below his skin, not something he made but foreign metal that had pierced his skin in the scuffle. He managed to dislodge it from his wrist, a small piece a few centimeters long. He began to cut away at his binds stealthily avoiding raising any suspicion. They were all too occupied with the other heroes in the building and controlling the situation to notice what Cebra was doing.

Even when Cebra removes the binds that EMP will still be affecting him. The only thing he could do was try to disable a guard and take there weapon. Thankfully Cebra even without powers was dangerous and well trained. After the binds were cut Cebra keeps his hands behind his back observing the room, the positions of the guards and the leader. He closes his eyes for a moment and takes a deep breath. If he were shot here then he'd be dead until the nanobots could reactivate, not a pleasant thought, nor was regenerating flesh. That experience was always agonizing.

"Ok... let's see what I'm made of then."

Cebra quietly rises without a sound from his seat approaching one of the gunmen unnoticed. Cebra snaps his neck quietly and quickly while covering his mouth and laying him down. He takes the hand gun from him and the extra ammo checking the clip.

"Four rounds, one in the chamber, three clips... alright be precise."

Cebra quietly makes his way out of the room keeping low and to the back. He slowly opens a door to the stairs but the creek of the doorway alerts two of the terrorists.

"Hey! Stop right there!"

They shoot at Cebra just as he gets behind the door for cover, Cebra returns fire hitting the gunman in his right eye and downing him.
Cerek
Cerek
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : Ho ho ho to the bottle I go! To heal my heart and drown my woes

Number of posts : 619
Humor : In good balance
Registration date : 2017-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content