The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Ricochet
mythic monster mash - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 4th 2024, 9:58 pm by Arcana

» Daybreak (WIP)
mythic monster mash - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 8:39 pm by ghost

» A Demon In The City of Angels
mythic monster mash - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 4:52 pm by ghost

» Homefront (Lore Submission)
mythic monster mash - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 5:04 am by ProwlerKnight

» The Most Dangerous Game
mythic monster mash - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 12:56 am by Tybrid

» The Warden
mythic monster mash - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2024, 5:48 pm by inquisitor

» Talos
mythic monster mash - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2024, 5:47 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
mythic monster mash - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2024, 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» The Deal and The Hit
mythic monster mash - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
mythic monster mash - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
mythic monster mash - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
mythic monster mash - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
No user

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

mythic monster mash

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

mythic monster mash - Page 2 Empty Re: mythic monster mash

Post by superguy1 January 14th 2016, 12:04 am

The woman with the rocket launcher was able to make quick work of the death worms head, and it's large body slumped over, as Minotaur threw it down. He heard the others converse, but he leaned over to get a look at the creature, shrinking steadily, as he returned to the human form. 'Why is it here?' Drake thought to Minotaur. 'I don't know..but I sense there's more to come. Something is causing a magical disturbance.' Minotaur thought back. 'Okay Yoda,' Drake responded jokingly, 'Let's go see what the others know.'

Drake headed back over the the others after retrieving his clothes, which he had thrown behind one of the pillars, so he wouldn't have to walk around in his under garments, and waved. "So..I take it you guy's are just a clueless as I am, huh?" he said, nodding over to the large creature, which had started to rapidly turn into dust. 'That's not supposed to happen.' Minotaur thought to him. 'Unless..oh no..' The immediate worry in Minotaur's voice, was followed by a sudden gust of wind, as the ashes of the beast began to spin like a cyclone.  They began to rise int the air, and in the cloud of dust, a large pair of glowing red eyes could be seen.

"Nieks batu fari" a voice from within the cloud of dust roared, in a language Drake couldn't understand. 'It says "We will rise again.." Minotaur explained. "Fir gou enxe le KA!" the cloud/creature shrieked, before taking a form like that of a dragon, and flying away. 'That,' thought Minotaur 'Means "You will all die screaming, the mark is on you all." Minotaur explained. Drake explained what had happened to the others, who he doubted could speak ancient monster.

superguy1
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightdread January 14th 2016, 9:17 pm

"Pleasure to meet you too!" Night said shaking Kylie's hand. "Uh whoa does your arm, uh, usually snap back together?" he laughed nervously. She probably could heal, which was cool, but seeing bones just snap back together was unsettling.

Meanwhile, Jennie had taken care of the worm finally, but it appeared to reform into a sort of ghost. "Whoa ok that was ominous" Night said as he turned and watched the dust ghost thing fly away. "The hell does that mean, we all have the mark?" Luckily the Minotaur who had just morphed back to a human male, and was conveniently able to translate the demon's seemingly senseless babble.

So are we cursed now? Or are we gonna be hunted down by the legions of the underworld for all eternity? Night chuckled searching his body for a visible mark to maybe be present. "I really don't need a giant dust dragon haunting me for the rest of my life. That would really cramp my style." The whole situation was weird, but the threats just made it weirder. But hey, there was a man who could morph into a Minotaur present so things could always get weirder.

"Hey Minotaur, uh how can you understand that?" Night asked "is that Minotaur thing?" That would be really handy, being able to understand those demons if they came back for vengeance.
Nightdread
Nightdread

Quote : Your in for a shock now!

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 20
Job : Student
Registration date : 2015-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannie Rose January 14th 2016, 11:29 pm

well, that was weird the worm ghost was a dragon? weird Jeannie looks at the dust where the worm was, and starts cryingno now how am I supposed to catch a fish, no fish means hungry jeannie after moping over her fish fry plans going up in dragon dust Jeannie, looks through her bag and finds a box of cookies good thing she carries snacks with her.

munching on her cookies she turns her attention to night and the man he's talking too about the dust thingy the man, huh who's that guys she comically walks around him smelling like a dog is that you in there mr.bull you shrunk,so you speak worm ghost dragon thing that's cool ,night said something about us marked, huh I got tattoos but I had them before we got here so that can't be it

Jeannie paces back and forth munching on her cookies thinking about the mr.bulls translation of the dragons babble, and nights thought on it.no night that backwards the monsters don't hunt me i hunt them,Jeannie is hunter not them,maybe where like the chosen ones to stop some monster takeover prophecy thingy getting a head ache from over thinking she decides to let them deal figure it out, and goes to check on the other companion,she appeared to be a lot normaler then the rest of them and could be freaked out by being plugged into the super natural for the first time in less she's a nut like Jeannie who finds this thing amusing,so goes over to her

cookie? Jeannie holds out a cookie to herbet you're pretty hungry too if you heal stuff works like mine, that was a good catch,so are you like super strong too,that sure was neat huh,no matter how mean times I get stuck into something crazy I never get used to It, so exciting not knowing what's next, so know what you going to do? your friends in the bus left I can tell you with them smell the same will different but like each other, I'm part puppy dog so I can tell stuff like that, according to human mr.bull and night where like cursed or something know so guess your stuck with us till we get that straightened out but once that done, I can help you get back to your bus I'm good at following stuff, so you ever been cursed before? it's my first time, so not sure how that works

Jeannie Rose
Jeannie Rose
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : crazy but that's how i roll
driving everyone else insane
i'm the conductor of the crazy train Smile

Number of posts : 2488
Job : universe's greatest bounty hunter
Humor : why so serious ? seriously just cause we have to face life threatening danger on a daily basis don't mean we can't have fun with it ,instead off oh no we're doomed be like me and think gee wonder how i'll survive this....oh you don't have heal powers well you might not find the evil deathtrap as amusing i do then
Registration date : 2014-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Kourage January 15th 2016, 11:05 pm

"Thanks!" Kylie smiled, accepting the cookie. She was a bit hungry. "And nope, no idea. Can't say I've ever been cursed by a dust dragon before..."

She looked around at the others. now that the fighting had stopped, she could actually take time to observe their faces. Jeannie seemed nice, if a bit unstable, and Night seemed pretty cool as well. As for Mr. Bull, he was a lot less intimidating now that he had reverted back into a human being. In fact, she recognized his face as a friendly one. This guy had showed up to help during the attack on the school! Now it seemed he was helping again, translating the dust-dragon's strange message.

"Well, I can't really go back..." she said aloud, though she was figuring things out for herself more than speaking to the others. "Especially not if I'm marked for death. Can't put everyone in danger like that..." In all honesty, she still wasn't quite used to this sort of danger herself. The whole superpowers thing was still rather new. "So yeah, I guess I'm hangin' with you guys for now!"

Kylie laughed, smiling at her new companions. "So, what's the plan? No way to tell where the dragon thing went... I've heard a lot of rumors  though. Something about the Gates of Hades? Maybe we should start there. Um... wherever that is. I dunno, what do you guys think?"
Kourage
Kourage

Quote : "Do whatever you want to me, but mess with my friends... you're in for a lot of pain!"

Number of posts : 24
Job : Sudent/Gamer
Registration date : 2014-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by superguy1 January 16th 2016, 4:58 pm

'We should follow it.' Minotaur thought to Drake. Drake vocalized Minotaur's opinion. "The thing must have been spotted. It's kinda hard to mess...that.. flying around." He said.

'Gates of Hades...' Minotaur thought. 'Inquire about that.' He told Drake. "Gates of Hades?" Drake repeated, questioningly. "Any idea where those are?"

Something about this just felt...wrong. Besides the dust dragons, and worms monsters, Drake just felt in his heart that something more was going on, and he'd probably regret getting involved. Oh well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spade:

Pasteur:

Vicious:

Carl Gator:
superguy1
superguy1
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightdread January 17th 2016, 7:23 pm

"Well its a bad sign when the Minotaur doesn't know what's up with Greek curses!" Night sighed. Everyone seemed equally unsure on how to proceed which wasn't promising. The Gates of Hades didn't sound like a place you could just happen to find either. It seemed like more monsters would be one their way from the way the dust dragon spoke, and Night didn't want to stay in one place for to long.

"So should we start walking? I don't know anything about anything that's happened so far, but I do know staying in one stop can't be very good." This was already a weird situation, and waiting to be ambushed wasn't going to even the odds. "Should we go find somewhere to camp out and figure out our next move?"
Nightdread
Nightdread

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannie Rose January 17th 2016, 9:12 pm

yay I love camping we can roast marshmallows and make smores and tell ghost stories, sounds funny
Jeannie jumps up and down excited at the idea of a camping trip, Jeannie then pulls a laptop out of her bag and goggles gates of hades to see what pops up.

what I thought we were dealing with greek stuff? this says the gates to hades are in Pamukkale turkey ,then there's a 7 gates of hell thingy that says all the continents have a gate to hell in them well we'd be busy if that was the case there's one in Egypt under the sphinx one in Israel some temple mountain place, a cemetery in France has one, one in Rio under the statue of christ, well that's an odd place for a hell gate, one in new Orleans at the voodoo queen Marie Laveau. tomb creepy. Lebanon road in Illinois, the south pole is supposed to have one and a cemetery in Australia,

then there's a story about some hidden ones with some supposedly in texas, Germany, , mount Vesuvius, mount fuji, and Siberia agh it is a pain if we had to find all them

jeannie thinks about night mentioning not staying in one place being good huh how to fix that bingowe should get one of them RV thingys cause if are camps always moving the bad guys can't find us and it be perfect for our road trip to hell where apparently going on,we sould get a boat too cause some sailor guys I talked to mentioned a wired spot where they saw stuff, could be a under water cave,and dragons live in caves so ghost dragons should huant caves right cause that's the house
Jeannie Rose
Jeannie Rose
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Humor : why so serious ? seriously just cause we have to face life threatening danger on a daily basis don't mean we can't have fun with it ,instead off oh no we're doomed be like me and think gee wonder how i'll survive this....oh you don't have heal powers well you might not find the evil deathtrap as amusing i do then

Back to top Go down

Post by Kourage January 18th 2016, 11:20 am

"I always thought the gate to hell would be in New Jersey..." Kylie mumbled under her breath as Jeanne read out several locations they would apparently be needing to go. Did this mean that all of those gates had opened? And what about school? As much as she was excited for the adventure, she couldn't simply abandon all of her classes for however long this took and still expect to pass. As for obtaining an RV and a boat, the broke high school student knew that she couldn't be of much help in that department. Minotaur was right as well. Seeing as a giant dragon had just soared off into the distance, people must have seen it. Unless it had turned into dust again... she supposed that was a possibility.

Either way, it seemed they were being hunted, and as Night had mentioned, staying here was not the best of ideas. As far as camping locations went though, she didn't know much about the area, or about hiding from dragons. Jeanne seemed excited though, so assuming Minotaur was on board, they'd have to start searching for a place to stay. "Well, if something is chasing us, we should steer clear of public locations. Too many innocent lives at stake if something attacks. I don't know how much RVs cost, but I've got fifteen bucks in my pocket... probably won't do much good."

She looked at the long list of gates. "Maybe we should try to ask around though, once we're sure it's safe. Find out if all of these gates are open and where that dragon thing might have headed. It might have turned back into dust, but it's worth a shot. Either way, Night's right. We should move. Only question is, where to?"
Kourage
Kourage

Quote : "Do whatever you want to me, but mess with my friends... you're in for a lot of pain!"

Back to top Go down

Post by superguy1 January 18th 2016, 10:45 pm

Drake shrugged. "I..I suppose we need to go to those..gates?" he said, questioningly. "Turkey, you said?" he asked the woman who had told them about the gates.

"I guess...we're off to Turkey?" he said again. "Sounds good?"

(sorry for the short post, finals ;-Wink

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spade:

Pasteur:

Vicious:

Carl Gator:
superguy1
superguy1
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightdread January 21st 2016, 2:02 pm

(Finals hitting me like a bus sorry! pale )

We could always... jack an RV or something, or like do what I do and hitchhike in plane cargo holds" Night suggested. He wasn't sure how willing these guys where to steal, but they obviously had something pretty important to do to warrant it.

"Greece is huge, there has got to be one poorly guarded RV or something!"

(sorry, sorry super short ik)
Nightdread
Nightdread

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannie Rose January 21st 2016, 6:19 pm

Jeannie thinks about night and kylies answers to the travel problemstealing no were the good guys so we should avoid doing that.huh fifteen bucks I'll have to give you a business management course when this is done you are not doing it right if that's all you have made,it'll be fun i always wanted a sidekick I'll teach you all about the super profitable profession that is bounty hunting,see first bounty hunting is better than regular heroing cause you get paid for catching the bad guys,plus if you work for deferent places like the fbi,CIA and Interpol guys you can get more moneys I got deals with them for helping with tricky case they got,plus you can save money with people like that if you put they cover your expenses when working for them in your contract,also having a daddy that's a famous scientist guy you can borrow money from helps,so I should be able to cover it for us

she goes to work on her laptop looking where she buy an RV for them ok I'll be right back Jeannie takes off on her motorcycle, a couple hours later she returns with an RV, she pokes her head out the window calling to the rest of the group I'm back !!! look what I got us,I got a nice bonus from my last job stopping a serial killer that turned out to be vampires abducting people turns out one of the guys is saved was in a band so his record company gave me a reward for saving him. so I got us a super nice one even has a trailer thing in back for my bike Jeannie gets out and goes over to the others carrying some boxes

I got hungry on the way back and got pizza, brought a bunch cause I thought you guys might want some too. Jeannie smiles seating down the pizzas and grabbing a peace oh yeah i took care of the boat thing too,to find the underwater cave,turns out whatever down there is scaring the fishys away so I talked to some fisherman will meet when we get there said they'd let us borrow their boat if we ca get rid of whatever is doing it.yay ewww gooey cheese
Jeannie Rose
Jeannie Rose
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kourage January 21st 2016, 11:45 pm

"Um... thanks..." Kylie hadn't been expecting financial advice. Jeannie was certainly very talkative if nothing else, and apparently also very wealthy. She seemed nice too. Bounty hunting, huh? Kylie had never thought of making a viable career from taking out bad guys. After all, that was why she went to school. Eventually she would need a job and resources to help in her fight against evil. Perhaps it wasn't a bad idea (although being called a "sidekick" wasn't entirely to her liking.) Either way, the fact that she had money seemed beneficial to the group at the moment.

Night had spoken about hijacking an RV, but Kylie wasn't completely comfortable with that concept. Not that she wouldn't know how to do it. It as almost ironic, what Jeannie had said about having rich parents. As it happened, Kylie's father had been incredibly wealthy as well, although she hoped it was for vastly different reasons. Neil Henderson had been a con artist. On top of that, his wife, Kylie's mother, had been a thief. Hijacking vehicles was pretty much a required skill in their family. In fact, she was very good at it. But that didn't make it right, and Kylie had zero desire to return to that sort of life. She thought about this as she awaited Jeannie's return, and vowed that she would find some way to help pay for the vehicle in the end.

It was shocking how easily such things were obtained. Jeannie returned not only with a fancy RV, but pizza and a plan. "Thanks!" Kyra grinned, tearing into one of the boxes rather aggressively. She hadn't realized quite how hungry she was until the pizza smell had hit her. That last battle had been rather draining. "I could eat like, a million of these! And nice work on the boat thing. Any idea what sort of monster we'll be dealing with?"
Kourage
Kourage

Back to top Go down

Post by superguy1 January 24th 2016, 2:22 pm

(Nightdread, I concur on the finals situation)

Drake raised his eyebrows. "Well...all aboard.." He climbed on.

Spade:

Pasteur:

Vicious:

Carl Gator:
superguy1
superguy1
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightdread January 29th 2016, 1:26 pm

"Alright there is pizza so I'm in!" Night said climbing in the RV and grabbing a slice, realizing his immense hunger. Taking a seat Night reclined in the back. This was gonna be a long trip but at least it was well planned it seemed, as Jeannie was surprisingly capable.

"Alright lets get this hardcore trip in gear, I'm ready for punching a sea monster!" Night said with his mouth full of pizza. Night looked over his team one more time, chuckling at how different they were. "Oh yeah Kylie you where with that class right? It's cool that you can ditch for a bit?" Night asked.
Nightdread
Nightdread

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannie Rose January 29th 2016, 3:37 pm

so the gangs on their way to fight the sea monster, when Jeannie gets an ideahey night out of curiosity are you able to go in the water? your lighting so would you blow up or accidently shock everyone? odd question to ask but feel like it be better to address now then when where in an underwater cave with who knows what chasing us. it is nice not to worry about one of us accidently being a time bomb

she then thinks about Kylie question regarding what it might be that thereafter will sense it's scaring the fish away I'm assuming some kind predatory sea creature,that could be anything from the lock ness monster to a Kraken but since our worm had a dragon in it and worm is kinda like wyrm it's an old English term for dragon and serpents,and there's the cave where it's supposed to be so dragon live in caves sea serpents seem likely interesting all the dragon connections maybe it's a cult of dragon worshipers behind all this, oh if the school things a problem I can help kylie I'm a super genius besides fighting actual monsters is a way better way to learn about them as long as you don't get eatten
Jeannie Rose
Jeannie Rose
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kourage January 29th 2016, 8:53 pm

"I'm good!" Kylie grinned reassuringly. She certainly couldn't go back to class at this point anyway, so ditching was really the only option. Besides, she had to admit that fighting monsters was a lot more fun. At least her team seemed really cool. She'd never been part of a team before (unless you counted the family of con artists, which she would rather have forgotten about.) This one certainly seemed interesting. There was Jeannie, the self proclaimed super-genius. She was obviously rich, very capable, and REALLY talkative. She seemed to be the one with all the plans though, so Kylie certainly wasn't complaining. Friendly people were awesome anyway. Then there was Night. He looked to be about her age, and she wondered why he wasn't in school. Then again, she hadn't been there either until a few months ago. Come to think of it, most of the kids in Kylie's life didn't attend school. It probably made the whole fighting evil thing a lot easier. Anyway, he seemed cool. He had been friendly as well, and fairly laid back. They'd probably get along well. As for the Minotaur, she wasn't quite sure what to make of him yet. Extremely intelligent, at least when it cam to this Greek stuff... other than that, she'd have to find out more as they adventured together.

"Sea serpent, huh?"
She responded to Jeannie's comment. She'd never heard of Dragon Cultists, although there were plenty of cult-type groups in the Chicago underground. "Sounds like fun. Actually, if it won't kill us, Night's electricity thing could come in really handy. If it is a dragon thing, we should probably do our research. Anybody have any dragon-slaying experience?"

(I totally understand guys. Finals suck.)
Kourage
Kourage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top