The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
A magical act of theft that's lacking in prestige. (Double xp, invite) I_icon_minitimeToday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
A magical act of theft that's lacking in prestige. (Double xp, invite) I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
A magical act of theft that's lacking in prestige. (Double xp, invite) I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
A magical act of theft that's lacking in prestige. (Double xp, invite) I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
A magical act of theft that's lacking in prestige. (Double xp, invite) I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
A magical act of theft that's lacking in prestige. (Double xp, invite) I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
A magical act of theft that's lacking in prestige. (Double xp, invite) I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
A magical act of theft that's lacking in prestige. (Double xp, invite) I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
A magical act of theft that's lacking in prestige. (Double xp, invite) I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
A magical act of theft that's lacking in prestige. (Double xp, invite) I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
A magical act of theft that's lacking in prestige. (Double xp, invite) I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
A magical act of theft that's lacking in prestige. (Double xp, invite) I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Tybrid
A magical act of theft that's lacking in prestige. (Double xp, invite) I_vote_lcapA magical act of theft that's lacking in prestige. (Double xp, invite) I_voting_barA magical act of theft that's lacking in prestige. (Double xp, invite) I_vote_rcap 
SicilianDragon
A magical act of theft that's lacking in prestige. (Double xp, invite) I_vote_lcapA magical act of theft that's lacking in prestige. (Double xp, invite) I_voting_barA magical act of theft that's lacking in prestige. (Double xp, invite) I_vote_rcap 
Vorik
Cynical_Aspie

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

A magical act of theft that's lacking in prestige. (Double xp, invite)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A magical act of theft that's lacking in prestige. (Double xp, invite) Empty A magical act of theft that's lacking in prestige. (Double xp, invite)

Post by Forceaus June 27th 2015, 11:51 pm

A mall in Chicago was hosting a bit of a magician's contest with top prize being $500. The show would start at 5pm on Saturday and each participant would be given up to five minutes to perform. In order to prevent everybody and their long lost second cousin twice removed from entering, all of the participants had to sign up for and pass a private audition held a few days before the actual show would take place. One of the people that had passed the audition was some girl who was at the mall a couple of hours in advance with some friends and was struggling to maintain any confidence for their upcoming performance.

"Aah, I'm going to embarrass myself out there. Why did I sign up for this?" Alisa asked with pronounced worry in her tone.

"Why did you sign up for this?" Patricia asked her almost sounding like she wasn't that interested.

"Don't worry, you'll do great out there." John said reassuringly, and was immediately interrupted.

"I mean you got dance class tonight anyways." Patricia said as if she hadn't even heard John say a word.

"I don't want to go to those anymore." Alisa replied sadly.

"But you have to. You are my dancing queen." Patricia said now sounding interested in this conversation.

"Young and sweet, only seventeen." John chimed in with amusement.

"You got to feel the beat from the tambourine." Patricia continued, now speaking in a sing-song voice.

"Oh come on now, really?" Alisa said in disbelief as the other two began to laugh.

"Sorry, we're just trying to help you relax." John said apologetically.

"Yeah girl, go wow the crowd and kick some ass." Patricia said to encourage her friend.

A few hours later, the time of the contest rolls around. A stage is set up in one of the lobbies. The hosts of this little event make their way onto the stage with a briefcase in hand. The speaker grabs ahold of a microphone and steps forward. "Welcome ladies and gentlemen to the show. We have nine contestants ready to compete and the winner will be determined by audience reaction. Top prize will be $500." He said and pointed to the briefcase which was opened, and revealed to be empty. The crowd seemed to be under the impression that this was part of the show, but the people on stage looked generally concerned right now. Just what was the deal here?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : I am hilarious, and you will quote everything I say.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 2604
Job : It pays the bills
Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

A magical act of theft that's lacking in prestige. (Double xp, invite) Empty Re: A magical act of theft that's lacking in prestige. (Double xp, invite)

Post by De_Vigilante June 28th 2015, 7:06 am

Finn went to Chicago when he heard from his brother there was a magic contest there. His brother wanted to compete but was too busy too do it. He asked Finn to replace him as a contestant. Finn didn't want to do it, as he couldn't even do a simple card trick. Luckily his sister, Talia, was a great magician and would gladly replace his brother for the contest. Finn accompanied his sister to the mall.

"You know, it's a little weird that the contest is in a mall and not some weird place in the middle of no where" Finn said jokingly.

"Come on, don't comment anything badly, you'll ruin my "mojo" and we won't be able to get mom a new computer." Talia said to his brother nervously.

"Hehe, fine. Go win it for mom! Pretty sure everyone's gonna mistake you as an assistant with that dress though." Finn jokingly said while laughing at his sister's dress.

"Haha , very funny. At least I could do magic!" Talia replied with annoyance.

"Oh, you just hurt my heart, sis!" Finn sarcastically said while his sister laughed at him.

"You mean like those girls you turned down? Oh, the contestants are being called. Wish me luck bro!" Talia said excitedly to his brother.

"Go win this, Talia! You could do it!" Finn rooting his sister.

Finn looked at the magic contest from the balcony, observing the contestants for any suspicious behavior. Finn drank his coffee with a look full of thought. As he had met a lot of criminal magicians, there could be no possible way a magic contest could go well. At least, at the present, where crime is really high right now. But he shrugged the feeling of suspicion off while drinking coffee, thinking he might be wrong right now. He dumps his coffee to the bin when the host started opening the show, not wanting to miss a single second of it, as he was a fan of magic and supernatural stuff. When the host carried his briefcase, Finn felt weird again this time it really might be true. The host opened his briefcase and find that it is empty, Finn knew his suspicious feeling was true. He quickly went to the bathroom and changed his clothes to his vigilante outfit and jumped down the balcony and right beside the stage. He approached the host while calming the audience down.

"Okay folks, do not be afraid, Waveformer is here! Now, mister host, is there anything I could do to help?" Waveformer asked the host, who was also in a state of shock seeing as a theft had happened there.
De_Vigilante
De_Vigilante

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2015-06-17

Back to top Go down

A magical act of theft that's lacking in prestige. (Double xp, invite) Empty Re: A magical act of theft that's lacking in prestige. (Double xp, invite)

Post by Forceaus June 28th 2015, 10:57 pm

This was looking like one of those moments where things were just bound to go poorly. The empty briefcase did not look like it was part of the act. Something was amiss and-

"Hey, let me know when it is Alisa's turn. I don't want to actually watch any of this." Patricia told John as she checked her phone. The complete disinterest was practically visible from space.

"Seriously? There might not be a show if what's going on now isn't part of it." John told her with a look of disbelief present on his face.

"Why, what's going on? Did someone fall flat on their face during their overly elaborate act or something?" Patricia asked as she partially laughed at her own comment.

"No, the briefcase they said had the money in it is empty, and before you say it's just part of the act, they've been standing up there looking concerned and keeping quiet for awhile now. Even the audience is starting to think that something is wrong." John informed her while trying to not sound completely rude. That finally got a certain somebody to actually pay attention. The hosts on the stage were attempting to regroup and pass this off as just a part of the show, but they just weren't fooling anybody. Then somebody headed to the stage to do something about this situation, whatever that was.

This person was dressed up in a costume of sorts and by all accounts was probably a superhero trying to figure out what was going on here. One of the hosts took him aside and quietly spoke to him. "We don't know what's going on here. The only people who have been near the prize besides us are the contestants. We're going to let the contest happen and keep a close eye on all of them to see who might have taken the money. We could use your assistance." The host would tell the masked man that introduced himself as Waveformer.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : I am hilarious, and you will quote everything I say.

Number of posts : 2604
Job : It pays the bills
Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top