The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Fusion Frenzy
A suggestion: Alien race applications. I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:21 am by Cobalt

» Jessica Albert
A suggestion: Alien race applications. I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:26 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
A suggestion: Alien race applications. I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 10:36 pm by Vorik

» Santo Dorado
A suggestion: Alien race applications. I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Captain Brigade
A suggestion: Alien race applications. I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Graymoon Institue of the Empowered
A suggestion: Alien race applications. I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 6:58 am by inquisitor

» Jack Hawthorne
A suggestion: Alien race applications. I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 6:55 am by inquisitor

» Speedrun
A suggestion: Alien race applications. I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 3:39 am by Arcana

» Frontline
A suggestion: Alien race applications. I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 3:39 am by Arcana

» Revenant

» Pleasant Point
A suggestion: Alien race applications. I_icon_minitimeMay 7th 2024, 8:01 pm by Zonkes

» Homefront (Lore Submission)
A suggestion: Alien race applications. I_icon_minitimeMay 7th 2024, 2:28 pm by inquisitor

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

A suggestion: Alien race applications.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A suggestion: Alien race applications. Empty A suggestion: Alien race applications.

Post by Lingo December 26th 2013, 10:09 pm

So I was pondering and thought of an idea. How about to add some more depth people can optionally, or have to, apply for an alien race and get it approved before they can make one? It would add some fun to it as well, letting you come up with an entire species. It would also be useful for anyone who maybe, wanted to make one of the species and it would give them something to read in order to give them some ideas and to avoid PMs and questions in the cbox.

Species Name: (What is the species called?)
Place of Origin: (Brief or lengthy description of home planet/place of origin, include it's name obviously.)
Appearance: (What does the average member of the species look like? Skin color, eyes, height? Do they have tentacles or crystal coming from their foreheads? Are they 7 inch tall fairies? Do they just look like humans?)
Personality: (What does the average member of the species act like? Hyperactive, Arrogant, Lazy? or do they have different personalities like humans. Include a brief description. This would also be a good place to include the species' average level of sentience and intelligence.)
Religion: (Are the species religious? If so include a brief or lengthy description of whatever god, color or shape they worship. Is their deity proven and active within their lives, or is on a similar level of christian which involves having faith. Does the species even have a concept of faith?)
Gender(s): (Are all members of the species the same gender? Do they have simple males or females? Do they have more than two genders? Or is it optional?)
Reproduction: (Involve how your species reproduces - Physically? Psionically? Do they exchange ethereal energy and then splurge out chest babies? Use your imagination. Or don't. Your choice.)
Diet: (What do they eat? Plants? Meat? Both? Maybe they eat metal, light, air? It's even possible that they could simply not have to eat.)
Powers and abilities: (Include any powers and abilities your species are capable off? Do they all have prehensile hair? Can they manipulate lightning? Fire? Maybe every member of the species is capable of psionic powers such as telekinesis and telepathy, or maybe even mind control. This is another oppurtunity to be informative as many people who read this are probably wanting to know what abilities your species has, especially if they're thinking of apping one. But be conscious that you will have to spend points on these indiviudally so don't have too many powers, and be sure to include any weaknesses they have, such as Martian's weakness to fire (DC comics).)
Current Status/Population: Roughly how many are there? Are they endangered or thriving or? ps. if there are like 9 where someone is the last one left i will get superman to cut you.)
Open or Closed: Would you like anyone to be able to make one or would you like a PM requiring you to give your permission for someone else to make one?)

Does this idea sound good? Please leave responses or even possible improvements to the template.
Lingo
Lingo
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : I speak every language but bullshit.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 215
Humor : Bad Language
Registration date : 2013-12-08

Back to top Go down

A suggestion: Alien race applications. Empty Re: A suggestion: Alien race applications.

Post by Nathaniel A. Lincoln December 26th 2013, 10:44 pm

I like this a lot, however it might not need to be apart of the initial application, but optional instead.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Michael(Hunter Form):
Nathaniel A. Lincoln
Nathaniel A. Lincoln

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 56
Humor : They say everyone needs an Arch villain but I keep killing mine because its so satisfying >:D!
Registration date : 2013-11-24

Back to top Go down

A suggestion: Alien race applications. Empty Re: A suggestion: Alien race applications.

Post by Forceaus December 26th 2013, 11:17 pm

Is this just for aliens or all races?

Is this going to work with the lore or against it?

All of this can be covered in the app as it is now anyways so this is kind of pointless.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : I am hilarious, and you will quote everything I say.

Number of posts : 2604
Job : It pays the bills
Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Lingo December 27th 2013, 5:09 pm

All races.

Not if they're moderated.

Yeah but this would create a nice archive of species and give people a quicker way to find crucial information.

A suggestion: Alien race applications. Iwanrheonsinging_zpse77ab8b6
Lingo
Lingo
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : I speak every language but bullshit.

Number of posts : 215
Humor : Bad Language
Registration date : 2013-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel A. Lincoln December 27th 2013, 8:16 pm

I also feel as if some people might want to allow others to play their race. However that is quite hard to do at the moment, because new players will have no idea about current players. Still, it's not much of a setback and can be remedied easily. Though this may allow for more diverse play, and possibly even more unique characters, for example looking at a race may give you an idea for a whole new character that your wouldn't have thought of before. One more point before I finish this up, it shouldn't only be for "alien" races, meaning not of this planet. But for subspecies and the like.

Michael(Hunter Form):
Nathaniel A. Lincoln
Nathaniel A. Lincoln

Number of posts : 56
Humor : They say everyone needs an Arch villain but I keep killing mine because its so satisfying >:D!
Registration date : 2013-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Zell December 29th 2013, 2:46 pm

While it may be deemed "pointless" I'm going to be the devils' advocate (shocker right?) and I'm going to say that it's a good idea. Even if we had to make a small sub-section for maybe a lore or an "archive" of the different races out there. I'm not exactly sure why it would need to be an application though...and I'm not sure Alien counts for some of the species.

In short...
1) It should be an Archive opposed to an Application
2) The ground work laid here is a great idea.

A suggestion: Alien race applications. Samhai10
Spoiler:

"Gone from light, lead astray. Soul turned to darkness in a single day. Lead me back to the light. Killing me...the only way to set things right."
Zell
Zell
The Once and Future King
The Once and Future King

Quote : "A villain is just a victim whose story you haven't learned yet."

Number of posts : 1417
Job : Existential Crisis Manager
Humor : [19:57:45] @ Spirit Corgi : In order to produce minions we require you to find two minions who love each other.
Registration date : 2013-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard December 29th 2013, 3:17 pm

We have a lore thread and it lists races. If you guys want to give more work to the staff, then so be it. I'm sure you guys can decide which races can exist and which cannot. Potentially all and any races are able to exist, but the inborn traits cannot be freebies; they have to be covered by our stat system.

That's a given.

So I am not against this, but I see this as something you should open as a suggestion thread and have people list the race or etc they'd like to see added to the lore. By pre-approval of at least 2 admins or three mods. Then a staff member can edit the lore page and stick in the new race.

-My DeviantArt-
A suggestion: Alien race applications. JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Seagirl December 29th 2013, 3:29 pm

I'm a staff member with unlimited free time and nothing better to do. Send me those app pms.

A suggestion: Alien race applications. Tumblr_lzt8ylC6T71qdqyxho1_500

Seagirl
Seagirl
Seagirl
Post Mate
Post Mate

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2013-07-03

http://spirit-corgi.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Vile April 21st 2014, 12:48 pm

So um... Is this being done or not? Danger isn't staff anymore so who do we send them too?

A suggestion: Alien race applications. Maxresdefault
Vile
Vile
Post Mate
Post Mate

Number of posts : 184
Job : SHRP Champ
Humor : I'm pretty sick.
Registration date : 2013-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Danger April 21st 2014, 5:21 pm

It should still be stated I have unlimited free time and nothing better to do
Danger
Danger
Administrator
Administrator

Quote : "Totally saved Sadie."

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2011-03-01

http://spirit-corgi.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top