The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
ashes to ashes(Phoenix, invite) I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
ashes to ashes(Phoenix, invite) I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
ashes to ashes(Phoenix, invite) I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
ashes to ashes(Phoenix, invite) I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
ashes to ashes(Phoenix, invite) I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
ashes to ashes(Phoenix, invite) I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
ashes to ashes(Phoenix, invite) I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
ashes to ashes(Phoenix, invite) I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
ashes to ashes(Phoenix, invite) I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
ashes to ashes(Phoenix, invite) I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
ashes to ashes(Phoenix, invite) I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
ashes to ashes(Phoenix, invite) I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Cynical_Aspie
ashes to ashes(Phoenix, invite) I_vote_lcapashes to ashes(Phoenix, invite) I_voting_barashes to ashes(Phoenix, invite) I_vote_rcap 
Tybrid
ashes to ashes(Phoenix, invite) I_vote_lcapashes to ashes(Phoenix, invite) I_voting_barashes to ashes(Phoenix, invite) I_vote_rcap 
SicilianDragon
Vorik

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

ashes to ashes(Phoenix, invite)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ashes to ashes(Phoenix, invite) Empty ashes to ashes(Phoenix, invite)

Post by Forceaus April 22nd 2012, 6:53 pm

continues from http://superhero-rpg.forumotion.com/t4053-six-million-dollar-man-nightraven

New York City.The most populated city in the world.This was where Magmasterus currently presided after having made its way across the land mainly via tunneling underground.Or below it one should say to be precise.It was there with one goal in mind.To complete the mission it had agreed to given onto it by his supposed ally Doctor 0.It was here to kill the one known as Phoenix to avenge Nightraven who had become 0's newest ally.Its reward for success was a worthwhile one indeed.
Magmasterus knew nothing of this "Phoenix" except that which was provided for it by the now undead vengeance seeker.An account of the target had been provided but it was limited in detail.All Magmasterus had to go by was a description of appearance and behavioral habits.Based on that alone it doubted that it would be able to find its' target at all.Still it had an idea of how to flush it out.Nightraven had described Phoenix as the heroic type.Magmasterus had met a few of these heroic types and had learned how they think.Magmasterus would unleash its fury upon this fair city in hopes that this Phoenix would appear.
Still it knew that this city tended to be full of heroes.It did not want to be having to fight off every would be do-gooder that came so it had no intention of actually showing itself until it believed it had found its target.It would start off slowly.Only doing enough to cause disarray that would reach the ears of those who would desire to prevent further destruction.
With its massive strength it pushed a manhole cover straight out of its place and into the sky.This was just a start.Over the next few minutes this same thing would occure across a 3 block radius.It was causing the witnesses to panic.Now it would await the appearances of any of the local heroes and hope that its target would soon come.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : I am hilarious, and you will quote everything I say.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 2604
Job : It pays the bills
Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

ashes to ashes(Phoenix, invite) Empty Re: ashes to ashes(Phoenix, invite)

Post by Andrew April 23rd 2012, 6:38 pm

Phoenix sat on top of his favorite skyscraper's edge. He looked down at the city. It was a slow night tonight and he hadn't heard from any Talons yet. He looked up at the sky and tried to see some stars. "Good luck seeing constellations in the middle of New York Andrew" he said to himself. He missed his slow easy life back in Massachusetts, however he loved his job here in the city that never sleeps.

He looked down from the sky and saw some large commotion down in the streets. Pot holes were shooting into the sky. "Jesus Christ, always something in this damn town." Phoenix said as he pulled his blade off his back. He shoved his sword into the side of the building and slid down all the way to ground level, rolling when he hit the bottom. He put his katana back in it's holder and started running towards the horde of panicking people. As he ran, another pit hole shot from the ground causing Phoenix to slip up a bit, but eh was able to catch himself. He shot a fireball down into the hole, and placed his hands on his sword's hilt. "What the hell could this thing be?" he thought as he awaited whatever predator was causing this destruction.
Andrew
Andrew
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "We Fight For Those Who Can't."

Warnings : Banned
Number of posts : 619
Job : Vigilante
Humor : Franklin Guidaboni, Grown men who argue with teenagers, Adam Paxton, and Dominus

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus April 23rd 2012, 10:27 pm

As Magmasterus was on his slight rampage of sending manhole covers flying into the sky to lure out his target someone showed up.This person's appearance matched the physical description of his target provided to it by the one who had requested this mission in the first place.He also displayed use of fire weilding.This must be Phoenix.Its target had been found already.What luck this was.
Magmasterus was planning on luring him away from the city and its population of would-be heroes in order to make this mission easier.He struck the ceiling of the tunnel hard enough to do visible damage to the ground above.It then roared as loud as it could.Its cry echoing through the tunnels and up to the streets above.It continued its activities of causing minor damage to get Phoenix to follow the chaos.
After a few minutes it had arrived on the outskirts of the city.This was a good a place as any.When Phoenix had arrived Magmasterus blasted a hole to the surface.It then fired its magma blast right at him from out of the hole.It waited before emerging.It was not going to show itself just yet.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew April 25th 2012, 2:47 pm

"What the fuck is going on here?" Phoenix thought to himself as he followed the path of destruction and chased whatever was creating this chaos. He kept on the trail of the massacre, from the rooftops. Eventually he started wondering how big an enemy he could be up against. To be creating such a ruckus, he or she would need to be big, and powerful.

The chase came to a close when Phoenix ended up at the outskirts of town and the destruction had started to settle down. Suddenly Phoenix was starting to think he was entering a trap opposed to chasing down an attacker, but this couldn't stop him. Whatever caused this damage would pay. He pressed his dog tags and started talking.
"Phoenix to Talons. I may be walking into a trap, I can't be certain yet, however if you don't hear from me within an hour, track my dog tags. I can't promise you all I'll come out of this one, but I do promise I'll keep the people of New York safe. Phoenix out." and with that he drew his sword off his back and prepared for what was waiting for him as he looked down from the rooftop he was on at the big, empty field where the demise had stopped. Suddenly a magma blast was sent flying towards Phoenix, he rolled to his left and dodged it. "Jesus Christ! Where the hell did that come from?" Phoenix said under his breath and surveyed the area with his eyes searching for the attacker.
Andrew
Andrew
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Humor : Franklin Guidaboni, Grown men who argue with teenagers, Adam Paxton, and Dominus

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus April 25th 2012, 5:06 pm

So the magma monster's target, the one known as Phoenix who had killed Nightraven had been found and followed the chaos it had created.Just as it had hoped.It had burst through the ground above and fired its blast of magma at its target only for it to dodge the fiery burst.How disappointing this way to Magmasterus.
It slowly made its way back down into the ground via the hole it had burst through the surface with all the while keeping its eyes on Phoenix, monitering his activities.It considered simply waiting for the young would be hero to simply come into the hole in search of it but it knew that would be hard pressed to hope for.It slowly walked away from where the hole was while watching it just in case the boy did indeed come down through it in search of what was causing all this trouble.
Mere moments after sending its first attack at its target it blasted its way back to the surface again.This time in a different location.Inside the very building that Phoenix stood atop of.Now this would be interesting to see how he might react if he were to become aware to this.Magmasterus now waited for Phoenix to make his next move.Prepared to make it his last.

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew April 26th 2012, 3:32 pm

The roof Phoenix stood on was now starting to shake, and he didn't feel to safe about it. He was still surveying the area where the attacks lead him. He looked down and saw another blast of magma flying at him. This time he jumped over it, and it slammed into the roof creating a hole. Phoenix landed, and looked around once more. "Nothing? Really?" suddenly, a woman screamed. Next, about 200 people came screaming and running from the building. Diving through windows, the fire escapes. "Something" Phoenix said with triumphant tone as he jumped down the hole that was created for him.

He landed on the top floor of the building and it seemed the magma ball had really taken it's tole, Phoenix could see all the way down to the tenth story. "20 story leap down this hole? What could go wrong?" Phoenix said to himself as he took the leap of faith. As he fell he saw more people running out of the building and diving out screaming for their life. The floor was coming close, so Phoenix stuck his sword into the wall and continued speeding downward. With 15 feet to go Phoenix pulled his sword of the wall and stuck his arm out. He let out a fire blast with all his might, this caused him to slow down significantly and land without hurting himself. He ran the rest of the way to ground level on the stairs. When he arrived in the main lobby a large beast was awaiting him.
"Well, I may be wrong here, but I might assume you're the one who's been destroying the city. I gotta ask you pal, why are you doing this? What have these people ever done to harm you?" Phoenix took stance behind his sword and prepared for the worst as this monster might not be one for chatting.
Andrew
Andrew
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus April 26th 2012, 4:15 pm

Magmasterus had entered the building that its target had stood atop of and it was not unnoticed.The occupants went into a state of panic.They started fleeing and the alarms were set off notifying the other occupants that were located in the upper areas of it as the building itself started to suffer from the damage it had caused it.This will surely bring the hero down here thinking that the cause of all this disaster may be down here.The thought of this pleased it.
Oh how right it was.Coming through a door with a passageway that led to the upper levels of the building was its very target just as it had hoped.The hero boldly challenged it not seeming to realize just how dangerous Magmasterus truly was.The would be savior questioned why it had been causing all this damage to the city.If he only knew the reason the truth would probably shock him beyond reason.But scaring it however was not what Magmasterus sought.It only sought his death.
Magmasterus launched another torrent of blazing magma directly at him then charged at him from behind it with murderous rage.It was going to finish this mission quickly and be done with it so it could collect its reward and leave this wretched city.

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew April 26th 2012, 6:12 pm

Phoenix took now time to get the hell out of the way of the attacks coming at him. He rolled to his right and then blasted fire at the beast. When he was on his feet again he started running towards the wall at full speed, and ended up running up it. At the peek of where he could run, he flipped backwards spraying a barrage of fire balls down at the creature attacking him, next he kept up the speed, and right past the attacker, between its legs.

He reached the front door, and went out to the street. Fighting a foe that large in that small a space was not a god battle strategy to Phoenix. "Ahh, think Andrew, think" he said to himself. He turned his head and the lightbulb went off over his head. He ran over near the closet car and picked it up, then he proceeded to throw it through the front door towards the monster. Next he light a fireball in his hand and prepared for his opponent to strike one more.
Andrew
Andrew
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus April 26th 2012, 6:42 pm

His target had managed to dodge its attacks but the counter attack plan that it used would prove for naught.Magmasterus used a magma blast to block all the fireballs.The supposed hero had left the building in hopes of fighting it in more open space.Probably a wiser strategy did it figure.So he was smart enough to think of a strategy to battle it with.Nightraven made no mention of the level of intellect of this person.Magmasterus guessed that it would be of normal human intellect.It would soon see for itself.And if it could manage to outsmart Magmasterus who was rather surprisinly more intelligent than one might think just by looking at it.
Magmasterus could see the target out in the street.He had picked up a human vehicle and proceeded to throw it at the structure that it has in.As the vehicle crashed into the building Magmasterus had already begun burrowing into the ground.Its actions blocked from sight by the damage done by the hurled carriage.It quickly tunneled its way through the ground right towards where Phoenix had been standing.When it reached the exact location its left arm reached through the surface and grabbed at his right leg with every intent of burning it with his intense magma thereby rendering him unable to move.

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew May 2nd 2012, 9:06 pm

Phoenix saw the foe vanish into the ground. "If this is anything like the movies, he's gunna try and grab me from below" Phoenix laughed in his head and the monsters hand came exploding through the ground.
"Holy fuck!" even though he expected it Phoenix shouted as he jumped up as high as he could, flipping backwards and landing sending fire in the direction of his opponent.

Phoenix the saw that the beast was standing near a bunch of cars. "Fire, and gas tanks. Just need to let some gas leak...I got it." Phoenix reached into his waistband and pulled out one of the handguns he pulled off Nightraven's corpse. He shot a bullet at the gas tank and watched as he liquid fuse poured out of the vehicle. He sent a fireball at the car and BOOM. Phoenix was blown back a little by the blast of multiple cars exploding in teh area. "Let's see what exactly you're made of." he said as he took his battle stance and put the firearm back in his pants.
Andrew
Andrew
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus May 3rd 2012, 8:20 pm

Magmasterus had attempted a surprising and deadly tactic of attacking from underground using its ability to tunnel through the ground with ease then grab the boy and burn him to death with its tremendous heat.Surely this tactic would work on the hero and lead to a quick victory for it.Unfortunately the guy just barely managed to dodge his grasp.How lucky he was.
Magmasterus fired another magma blast into the air that would come down over an area of a 10 foot radius in the direction of where Phoenix had headed towards after having dodged his grasp.It wondered how its target would manage to avoid this without harm coming to him.After firing the blast it moved back underground and started planning its next move.
The one known as Phoenix was trying something different instead of pointlessly trying to simply throw fire at it.Using the few human vehicles as a way to ignite a massive explosion that even buried the hole that Magmasterus had just come out of.The damage to the area around him was somewhat extensive.The ground was very uneven.Chunks of rock lie here and there.Through a small hole through the rubble he could see where the boy stood after all that had occured.
Thinking that maybe the hero would think that he had managed to defeat the monster it decided to once again tunnel its way through the ground and to under where he stood.It then fired a blast of magma from directly under him and then burst through the ground after its own attack.

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew May 8th 2012, 10:54 pm

Phoenix didn't have enough time to fully dodge the attack, however he quick reflexes saved his life. The creature only grazed his left leg. It hurt, but it was tolerable. He dashed to behind a dumpster looking around the corner at the monster. He took a moment to collect his thought, and come up with an idea. "I have been throwing everything at this thing. Maybe I'm in over my head." He went to press the button on his dog tags to call for help. "Am I too proud to call for help?" he questioned. "It may be the difference between living and dying." He pressed the button and talked into the device. "Phoenix to Deluge. I need you on the outskirts for backup PRONTO. AI, I need to you. I got my back to the wall, and this guy is really powerful. Try and get here a.s.a.p. Phoenix out."

Phoenix saw the beast and decided he needed to at least hold him off till the other Talons got there. It mat cost him his life, but he would stall enough for the innocent to get away. He turned from behind the dumpster and dashed for the creature. He hit full speed and ran around it in circles. Hitting 80, he started to launch fireballs and blasts towards the center of the circle where his opponent was. Then, he started releasing fire from his hands, and put his arms by his side. With his speed he started to create a tornado of fire, He went around and around until eventually diving out to the left. The attack was set as Phoenix looked up to see what his foe would do, as he took a moment to gather his mind once more.
Andrew
Andrew
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus May 8th 2012, 11:29 pm

Its last attempt to maim its target had minor success.A would on the boy's leg was present.It was a start though.Just a start.The beast intended to do more than hurt this hero's leg.It would completely annihilate him, leaving nothing remaining for others to know that he had died.It had the power to do so and would.

The hero had tooken refuge behind a small structure.Magmasterus wondered how he planned to possibly avoid his death at the hands of this magma creature.It slowly walked in his direction with a powerful blast of pure magma being charged to fire at a moments notice.This target must be finished now.Surely others may soon arrive due to the sounds and sights of the devastation that had been caused by this attempted assassination.It picked up one the human vehicles that was still around after the explosion from earlier though damaged by it and threw it at the structure that the hero was hiding behind just as he had done to it earlier.

Just as the vehicle had reached the dumpster the hero had ran out from behind it narrowly avoiding being crushed to death.How fortunate for him.He was actually moving at a very high rate.Magmasterus struggled to keep up with his high speed.As the boy ran around him with his fire generating power Magmasterus started burning the ground beneath it.An escape path was set if needed.Suddenly the hero had created a fire whirl and sent it at the monster.Magmasterus fired its powered up magma blast at the hero whose very radius would make it near impossible for him to dodge even with his speed.

Immediately after having launched its magma blast it had begun tunneling into the ground.Unfortunately for the monster it was not fast enough to completely get out of the fire whirl's path.The attack hit it as it went under and the ground had collasped.Though it had been hit the creature was still in good condition.The beast rose out of the ground again and looked around to see If the hero had somehow survived its last attack.If that was the case it would immediately attack again.

(OOC note:It is launching another magma blast at the end of the post just so you know.Just trying not to metagame or anything)

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew May 12th 2012, 12:57 am

Phoenix was running and was hit in the side with a fireball. He went rolling out of control and slammed into a car. "awh fuck." he said grabbing his ribs and standing up. Another blast of magma came at him, he jumped to dodge it, however it got him in the lower leg causing him to flip over. He stood up slowly. "They need to get here soon or I am in big trouble." he thought. Phoenix took his sword off his back and started blasting fire at the beast. He ran at his for and kicked a dumpster at it like a soccer ball. After that, he leaped onto the street light and followed up by slamming into the ground creating a large wave of fire.

He then ran directly at the monster, leaping at it. He took hold of his sword tight. His mind racing, as well as his heart. He could feel fear in every fiber of his body, however he felt confident. Time seemed to slow as he released from the ground on his jump. He took a deep breath and swung his katana at the monsters' head with all his might.
Andrew
Andrew
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus May 13th 2012, 5:39 pm

The attacks that Magmasterus were using were proving successful.Its target was damaged and worn down.Soon he would die and the monster could leave victorious just as planned.Magmasterus moved towards him ready to finish him off but the hero had managed to get up and continue to attack the monster.Another stream of fire came at it that it countered with its magma as another structure like the one he had hidden behind earlier was sent its way.Magmasterus knocked the structure aside and continued moving forward watching the man's every movement prepared to finally destroy him once and for all.

The target had been standing atop a street light and had came down causing fire to erupt all around.This blaze caught the monster by surprise as flames consumed the area.Magmasterus roared as the hero came at it with a sword.He jumped into the air and was coming down on the monster with his sword ready while flames surrounded it.All this was finally starting to aggravate the magma creature."Enough."It shouted very loudly as the boy came down displaying its ability to speak which may surprise him alot.It swung its mighty arm out and knocked the sword away breaking it in the process and then reached out with its other arm and attempted to grab the hero then slam him into the ground so it could finish him off once and for all.

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top