The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Andrew Pettiglio (The  Patriot) I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:38 am by Lazarus

» Bloodfang
Andrew Pettiglio (The  Patriot) I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2024, 8:15 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Designer/Mutilator
Andrew Pettiglio (The  Patriot) I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Andrew Pettiglio (The  Patriot) I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Andrew Pettiglio (The  Patriot) I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2024, 7:28 pm by SicilianDragon

» Drake Delores
Andrew Pettiglio (The  Patriot) I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» Playing With Metal
Andrew Pettiglio (The  Patriot) I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
Andrew Pettiglio (The  Patriot) I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» When the Wind Goes
Andrew Pettiglio (The  Patriot) I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
Andrew Pettiglio (The  Patriot) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
Andrew Pettiglio (The  Patriot) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Hero By Day
Andrew Pettiglio (The  Patriot) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
Andrew Pettiglio (The  Patriot) I_vote_lcapAndrew Pettiglio (The  Patriot) I_voting_barAndrew Pettiglio (The  Patriot) I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Andrew Pettiglio (The Patriot)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Andrew Pettiglio (The  Patriot) Empty Andrew Pettiglio (The Patriot)

Post by Andrew October 16th 2015, 5:58 pm

The Patriot
We Fight For Those Who Can Not
Andrew Pettiglio (The  Patriot) H7wqni10

Basic Biography

Hero Name: The Patriot
Title: The Eternal Flame Of Hope
Alignment: Lawful Good
Age: 27 (birth certificate says 21 as he spent time in other universes where time passed differently)
Race: Metahuman
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Brown
Height: 6'2
Weight: 220 lbs
Blood type: 0-

The Looks

Phsyical appearance:
Spoiler:
Costume:
Spoiler:

The Legacy

Personality: First and foremost, The Phoenix is a natural leader. He always
seems to be filling those around him with morale. The next thing you will
notice about Andrew, is he always has to do the right thing.
He can't turn down help to a person in need. This may be one of his biggest
weaknesses. Andrew is for the most part reserved and practical, however he
has been known in the past to let his emotions cloud his judgement and get the
best of him on a few occasions. The Phoenix refuses to kill, regardless
of how terrible a criminal is standing in front of him, he will not end their
life. He never lets his ego get the best of him, and remains humble despite
being one of the most powerful superhumans to ever live. From traveling Dimensions with Elena Marie, The Phoenix has learned that all life is valuable. To cherish his loved ones who are left, and to fight for those who can not.

History:

Andrew Joseph Pettiglio was born to a middle class family in Boston in the year 2000. His father a painter, his mother worked at a local gas station. The only sibling he has is a sister born two years after him.

Andrew lived a relatively normal life, up until the age of 12 where his powers had manifested. Accidentally he set his entire middle school on fire, and was the only survivor left. Having to transfer schools, Andrew typically kept to himself until he reached high school. He learned he not only had fire, but enormous strength and speed and durability, and used these gifts to play sports. He had grown up watching the hero Pain fight crime and loved him. So he began training with his powers as a sophomore to be ready to battle when it came his time. Little did he know what his time would cost. As his time went on, he would stop petty thieves, and local crimes in his small suburb of Boston. He then learned he had superhuman reflexes and was a natural born fighter.

Upon graduation Andrew decided to go to college in New York and continue to practice crime fighting. Meeting a large list of heroes, Phoenix founded the team The Talons. Many of the Talons became close friends with Andrew, his best friend Sean, and even romantic with Tyuki. They fought bravely together in the New York Assault, as well as the Reverse Dimension invasion. Towards the end of the invasion, Phoenix's family had been killed right in front of him. Slaughtered like animals. Leaving him saddened and broken. Taking to the empire state building for his final battle with Holocaust, the monster who started this all. The world thought he had vanished as the hero and villain exploded in the sky. Leaving nothing but a mask falling to the ground.

Andrew had been saved by a different reality's Elena Marie. The one they call Realm Walker. In a moment he thought was the end, was simply a new beginning. The training vigorous and yet rewarding. He would see places he was never able to even imagine. Training among dragons, beasts, and insane climates. Gravity higher than that of earth. Taking beatings until she had helped him reach his potential. His truest form of the flame within. It shined a brilliant white with sparks of gold. His fire more powerful now. His control over it mastered. Physically stronger, faster, more durable, and more reactive. He was left with some nasty scars from claws and such. He however got to the point where his metagene mutated. Granting him immense durability. The claws no longer cut the same. He was able to take down a dragon, after dragon using only his flames as she directed. Monsters with only his body.  2 years had passed in the dimension he was from however to him it had been 6. Not quite sure of what to make of things when it was finally time to return, Phoenix was ready to reveal himself back to the world. He was ready to be their hero. He was ready to take back his life.  

Or so he thought. He made enemies with a powerful man named Lucius Alba. The leader of a nation and a group called Rise. Their first bout the arrogant hero took him on in sin city.  He felt unstoppable. Lucius was not a man who took kindly to the once head strong and cocky hero’s behavior. It was time to teach the kid a lesson.

Alba promised to take it all from him.  A promise he would keep. They would go on to wage war and Rise paint a picture much different than what went down. Of course, different people had different opinions. However, the Talons, and The Phoenix were dead. The promise was kept.

When Andrew awoke, he found himself in a place of peace. People all looked calm. He felt a calmness in himself. He was greeted by his late father. Confused as to how he was talking to a dead man his dad explained to him that he too was in the afterlife. However not for long. So, the time he had was used to learn his family not only had the gift of fire, but ice as well. He then informed him of the curse of immortality. The power of the fire would allow him to heal and come back to life three time in total. He would be able to heal others with this power as well, but he was told to take it easy. He would pass out if he tried to push it. Like a muscle it would have to grow. Finally, he would be able to give up his own immortality to bring one life back from beyond the grave. Healing himself would be much easier. So, with his ice powers and new fire. He saw his family in the afterlife, as well as some other faces that would sort out issues down the road. He was ready to return to Earth once more.

Upon his arrival he went directly to a woman who had been his enemy for years. Elena Vexus. He wanted her to teach him how to be a better fighter. How to let go of some of that restraint when he needed to, and to put him through the ringer physically and with his powers. She agreed to help him, and the two took time together before he was done with his new techniques, he had been taught discipline. He now however feared his own fire. Almost a mental block.

Humbled and a much different outlook on life he returned to the public eye under a new moniker. The Phoenix was dead. The new symbol he would represent would be The Patriot. Fighting along side the other heroes of the world. Forming a new group called Halo and focusing on the disease and not the symptoms. The people. The planet. He, a changed man, now fights for those who cannot.

The Powers and Weaknesses

Bought 5 weaknesses off with first 5 advancements
Powers

Power 1:Perfected Pyrokinesis. His fire has been trained very well over the years. It burns up to 7000 degrees Fahrenheit. Thanks to Elena Marie his fire is now White and Golden.

Power 2: Mach 3 Super Speed. He will need to build up to reach this speed.

Power 3: Superhuman Reflexes. Andrew can see a bullet coming, he doesn't have to dodge it, but he can. He is also an expert hand to hand fighter.

Power 4: Andrew can lift 50,000 tons, his strength is incredible, and he can leap buildings and punch with extreme force because of this.

Power 5: Superhuman Durability. Bullets bounce from his skin. A human's punch would hurt themselves, he is durable in every sense of the word.

Power 6: Flame Regeneration: This is for all intense and purpose a unique form of regeneration. Andrew can heal himself down to a molecular level. From Cuts, to lost limbs, to diseases, to mutagens. This power allows Andrew to essentially heal from anything time pending. A limb can regrow as fast as a few minutes while surface cuts and scrapes are almost instant. Disease and other cell infections, as well as deep wounds take a few seconds to shake off. This new power has granted Andrew the gift and curse of immortality. If "killed" After 12 hours his body will set ablaze and he will wake up. Full memories intact. This a very active power. It will not take effect on it's own, and he must concentrate for it to happen. The only situations it will be passive are situations in which normal human cells would be able to fight something off. For example the common cold would last a few seconds, while a meta level virus would take concentration to push out of himself.

Weakness: If magic inflicts the wounds then they take longer to heal

Power 7: Perfected Cryokinesis: After speaking with his father in the after life, Andrew has learned his family lineage also has the ability to tame ice like their fire. The ice is as durable as he is for the most part. Of course in times of needing to create it in seconds it will be much easier to bash through and melt, though still quite tough. The key to his ice isn't how cold it get's, but how durable it is. From constructs, to weapons, to shields on civilians, he uses his ice as an energy manipulator would use their power, just with more limitation as Ice is a solid. While this ice isn't going to freeze you to the bone at first touch, it certainly feels cold.

Weakness:  The less focused he is while trying to create a much larger structure, the easier it crumbles. Also, since he is new to the power, using it too much will cause his internal temperature to drop drastically, which could be fatal as he is used to constantly being hot. Lastly, high amounts of ice can cause his nose to bleed, and dizziness as of now. However as he gets better, that specific symptom will begin to subside.

Andrew has the choice of saving one person from either death itself, or the brink of it, in exchange for his immortality.
(The immortality will only be used for 3 major plots, one of which has already been used)

RP Mechanics

RP Mechanic(s):
*Naturally hot body temperature
*Expert strategist
*Great speaker
*Escape Artist
*Strong Willed
*Excellent Problem Solver
*Knowledge of magic
*Immortality

Item

His Suit: Fireproof.Waterproof.Lightning resistant.Durable. This Newly donned costume comes equipped with a cape.

His trusty Bo-Staff: Thanks to Elena he has shed his old Katana for a staff enchanted by the witch herself.
It is insanely durable. When spun with enough force and a pure heart the staff will create a wind tunnel knocking everything in it's way.
However, it cab be used by others. This is it's greatest weakness. While those not pure of heart are unable to activate it's wind, it is still a powerful staff.

Spoiler:

Physical Priority
Agility 2
Endurance 3
Reaction  1
Strength 4
[/b][/b]

Last edited by Andrew on May 26th 2021, 7:07 pm; edited 17 times in total
Andrew
Andrew
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "We Fight For Those Who Can't."

Warnings : Banned
Number of posts : 619
Job : Vigilante
Humor : Franklin Guidaboni, Grown men who argue with teenagers, Adam Paxton, and Dominus
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

Andrew Pettiglio (The  Patriot) Empty Re: Andrew Pettiglio (The Patriot)

Post by Arcana October 16th 2015, 6:06 pm

Approved until stated otherwise
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 2473
Job : Nothing
Humor : [19:12:48] @ Forceaus : Shouldn't be hard to beat. It's only like a centimeter long.
Registration date : 2011-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Zell April 4th 2016, 5:32 pm

Unapproved for modifications/Advancement

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Andrew Pettiglio (The  Patriot) Samhai10
Spoiler:

"Gone from light, lead astray. Soul turned to darkness in a single day. Lead me back to the light. Killing me...the only way to set things right."
Zell
Zell
The Once and Future King
The Once and Future King

Quote : "A villain is just a victim whose story you haven't learned yet."

Number of posts : 1417
Job : Existential Crisis Manager
Humor : [19:57:45] @ Spirit Corgi : In order to produce minions we require you to find two minions who love each other.
Registration date : 2013-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard April 5th 2016, 2:35 am

Approved.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
Andrew Pettiglio (The  Patriot) JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5014
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas May 7th 2016, 2:04 pm

Spoiler:

Moved for edits
Atlas
Atlas
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew May 7th 2016, 2:19 pm

edits done ready for approval
Andrew
Andrew
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "We Fight For Those Who Can't."

Warnings : Banned
Number of posts : 619
Job : Vigilante
Humor : Franklin Guidaboni, Grown men who argue with teenagers, Adam Paxton, and Dominus
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas May 7th 2016, 2:19 pm

Reapproved
Atlas
Atlas
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana April 6th 2020, 12:27 am

Moved for edits
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Humor : [19:12:48] @ Forceaus : Shouldn't be hard to beat. It's only like a centimeter long.

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana April 6th 2020, 12:33 am

Reapproved
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard May 26th 2021, 6:38 pm

Andrew:

Moved for history fixes.

-My DeviantArt-
Andrew Pettiglio (The  Patriot) JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5014
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zonkes May 26th 2021, 7:11 pm

Approved for now.
Zonkes
Zonkes
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Number of posts : 629
Job : Professional Slacker
Humor : What’s the difference between a clown and a pancake? Not much after the steamroller incident.
Registration date : 2017-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top