The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Isaiah Barian Roman-Barosoque I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Isaiah Barian Roman-Barosoque I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Isaiah Barian Roman-Barosoque I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Isaiah Barian Roman-Barosoque I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Isaiah Barian Roman-Barosoque I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Isaiah Barian Roman-Barosoque I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Isaiah Barian Roman-Barosoque I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Isaiah Barian Roman-Barosoque I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Isaiah Barian Roman-Barosoque I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
Isaiah Barian Roman-Barosoque I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Isaiah Barian Roman-Barosoque I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Isaiah Barian Roman-Barosoque I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Tybrid
Isaiah Barian Roman-Barosoque I_vote_lcapIsaiah Barian Roman-Barosoque I_voting_barIsaiah Barian Roman-Barosoque I_vote_rcap 
SicilianDragon
Isaiah Barian Roman-Barosoque I_vote_lcapIsaiah Barian Roman-Barosoque I_voting_barIsaiah Barian Roman-Barosoque I_vote_rcap 
Vorik
Cynical_Aspie

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Isaiah Barian Roman-Barosoque

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Isaiah Barian Roman-Barosoque Empty Isaiah Barian Roman-Barosoque

Post by Isaiah Barosoque September 27th 2015, 9:45 pm

ISAIAH ROMAN BARIAN-BAROSOQUE
THE NIGHTINGALE

Basic Biography

Renegade: The Nightingale
Title: Mister
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Race: Darkling
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Brown
Height: 5’7”
Weight: 144 pounds
Blood type: O Positive

Theme Song: Greek Tragedy - The Wombats

The Looks

Spoiler:

The Legacy

Personality:

Personality:: Isaiah isn’t your average gay guy, and yeah he likes to laugh, and love, and have fun, and is sweet but Isaiah isn’t your typical gay guy and even if he was you’d still have this yearning just to love who he, or punch him in the face. Isaiah doesn’t hate, he just dislikes people who disapprove of who he is, and he’s really defensive about it to be honest but he still doesn't hate people who are mean, or rude, or bullies. Isaiah likes to have fun and live life as it comes along since he recognizes his youth, attractiveness, and life are simply all temporary in some form or another so what someone thinks or believes is irrelevant since they are temporary as well. It’s not that he doesn’t care or anything it’s just that he finds it kind of silly to get hung up on things when, obviously, everything will get what's coming to it in some form. The kind heart inside of him hopes that everyone realizes what they did was wrong and is able to repent for their hatred, because obviously God will forgive a loving gay more than a hateful Christian.

Despite Isaiah’s niceness, he still has personal junk that he needs to work through and just like everyone else he’s not perfect enough to work through his own issues without the professional help of other people. He’s obsessed with proving his mother, his beautiful, caring, oddity of a mother with her weird plant mimicking abilities, that she’s wrong when it comes to people like him, that she's wrong to say that she can love him and still dislike people like him. That’s not his only obsession, though, he wants to constantly improve himself and become better so that his mom doesn't have anything to complain about. Another thing is that he tends to get obsessed with everything, he likes to explore new things, and does so many different things that it overwhelms him and he freaks out. Isaiah is a pretty great guy once you get past all of his personal junk and his tendency to overdo things, so just hope you enjoy him more than you do the other, less nice people in this world.

• Fine wine, scotch and whiskey
  • His mother
  • Boys
  • Having fun
  • Science

Dislikes::

• Hangovers
  • Drugs
  • Drunks who cant handle their liquor
  • His mother, she’s mom but she’s mom
  • Ignorants

Quirks::

• Bites his lip when nervous or excited
  • He giggles instead of laughing
  • He stares at the ground when walking stairs because he’s afraid to fall or trip
  • Sometimes he zones out and stares at empty space and then ends up staring at people that get in front of him
  • He has a perfect memory but, oddly, can seem to just forget things he deems irrelevant

Flaws:: Isaiah is a defiant little b= guy with a tendency to try and fight back against authority figures if they piss him off even one time, and with his mother being who she is you know he’s not going to be blunt about it… well, most of the time he doesn’t think because he’s 16 but still! He drinks, obviously, and has poor common sense. He gets easily attached to various things and people, and may fall in love in a day and keep that love for over a year. He’s allergic to penicillin. In addition the poor guy is sensitive to sunlight and has to wear custom-ordered sunscreen even to go outside.

History:

Family:: Lady Emilia Lilian Barosoque (Mother), father that is unknown to him (his mother keeps a tight lid on it)
Marital Status:: Single
Profession:: Student, dancer
Hometown:: New York City, New York
History::

Isaiah, born to Isaac Barian and Emilia Barosoque sixteen years ago, was given birth to by a mother who, despite the hell she went through, was still managing to be peaceful and wise and a father, who despite having a good life, managed to be angry and scorned. Isaiah was destined. Isaiah must have been destined for such a unique duo, because this unique duo is one turned Isaiah into who he is today; personality, hopes, dreams and all seem to spawn from his heritage of sorrow and his heritage of intellect. He was made to be happy, and angry, and sad, all at the same time in a combination that was more human, more connected, and more emotional than his mother and father before him and the generation before that. I suppose that is what makes Isaiah who he is, he wasn’t born into a normal family so all he has sought is to be as human as possible so that he doesn’t lose his connection. That’s not to say his mother is emotionless, no, she’s far from that, it’s just that she isn’t as connected with modern day society as Isaiah hoped for her to be.

Isaiah’s life is one that has been plagued by something that lives aren’t usually plagued by, it’s been plagued by happiness but not the acceptance he had hoped for from his family, an acceptance that would have let him be truly happy. Isaiah is happy with who he is, but he’s not too happy with the way things are around him and though he can’t change them he can do his best to change the opinion of his mother. His father was a precognitive who committed suicide because he saw, that in the future, his son would be a homosexual and that’s something that Isaiah had found in a letter left to his mother before his father killed himself. That’s something that his mother isn’t too accepting of either, she doesn’t hate him because of who he is but is quite unhappy with the fact that the Barosoque family bloodline won’t be continued. He’s tried to convince her that he can get a surrogate mother and have his sperm injected into the  egg of the woman so that the line continues, but that isn’t good enough… apparently.

The poor boy’s life is full of angsty and being a pariah that at the same time has so many friends it’s overwhelming, and he likes to organize his schedule so he can hang out with the groups individually. The issue that his life is kind of contradictory in that he’s a pariah from his family, or what’s left of it, from the church, and he seems to love his mother but still can’t stand her because of her old-age morals. It’s difficult living like this and Isaiah isn’t sure he’ll be able to handle it forever, and hopefully he won’t have to but perhaps, one day he’ll be accepted by his mother and that’ll take some stress off his shoulders. Maybe he’ll just end up only being with his friends, and avoiding his mother and her almost bigotry completely so that he doesn’t have to suffer through her odd looks, or the excitement with an underlying tone of disappointment, because she won’t have a grandchild from both him and his partner. Sometimes he secretly wonders if he’s over-stressing, or even if he’s making sense, but yank’s how it is with kids, with these teens that roam the streets after school, and enter houses and do crazy things, it’s… well, this is the life of your gay American boy. (“Uhm, does anyone know what “yank” is? Like, I mean… I know what it means, but why is it used here? That isn’t even slang!”)

So with his life the way it is and everything being an amalgamation of chaos, the line of wealth, power, stress, bigotry and suffering continues on in a dramatic modern day tale that ends in a Greek Tragedy. One way or another he knows that someone close to him is going to die, and that there is going to be a war created by his mother that ravages the land and elevates her to the upper echelons. His mother is one of the top 50 most powerful people on the planet, she has money, funds, a small army, technology that’s absolutely insane and the capability to make anyone’s life hell. Over 300 years of experience of manipulation, a fury that drives her to eradicate bigotry, and a deep-set tendency to be a hypocrite combine to make this seemingly normal woman more dangerous than most. Isaiah just wants to escape from her grip, to get away, to save the people close to him and save his mother from herself if possible, but there is just something about this whole thing that seems impossible.

“Is my life a greek tragedy?”

The Powers and Weaknesses

(All characters can be as powerful as they want, as long as they are balanced with proper weaknesses.)
Powers

Mass Umbrakinesis is the ability of an EVO or special like Isaiah to manipulate darkness and shadows on a massive scale to achieve a variety of effects by molding and shaping it to their whim. By gathering energies from a shadowy dimension resting beneath the shadows, the void, and the darkness he can manipulate darkness in such a way that is unpredictable. With an unknown maximum range based entirely on Isaiah’s current emotional state Isaiah may not have any control over his ability but it is sure potent. Isaiah’s umbrakinetic capabilities allow him to, with concentration or when slightly ticked, black out light bulbs, make a room dimmer, or remove all darkness and shadow from a room/make a room completely dark, but with practice could do much more than that. Considered extremely dangerous, the sixteen year old is devoted to bringing his powers under control and hopes that one day he will be able to use his powers without going into a near-meditative state or during an extreme emotional state.

The darkness he manipulates tends to be cold, and can cause hypothermia if you’re in contact with it for too long, and in addition it can cause people to feel sad or can cause them to see a death omen. Isaiah for instance is capable of knowing when someone’s going to die if they are going to die when standing in a shadow, or when their death is imminent and depressing and therefore “dark”. His ability is an abstract one and it allows Isaiah to do many things passively, most of which are dark passive attributes that will grow or appear as his ability develops but for now he’s stuck with this curse. The aftermath of his abilities seems to be a curse that causes the “good” probability of the person’s life who owns it to go down and therefore gives them bad luck, and sometimes can even result in hallucinations. The psychological effects of Isaiah’s powers can range from slight depression, to temporary hallucinations, to full-blown, long term psychosis and affects everyone who touches it. Whatever emotion a person is feeling at the moment they are touched by the darkness Isaiah is manipulating is enhanced to the point that it becomes unmanageable.

Isaiah is a powerful, unstable mutant with the capacity to achieve so much more than he is currently capable of doing if he gets control over his powers to the point that his emotions don’t affect him too badly. His capacity to manipulate darkness is unparalleled, but the issue is that he hasn’t got control over it so much as it has control over him and that’s why he’s currently looking for someone, or some people, to mentor him. When in an extreme emotional state Isaiah has the capacity to create unstable vortexes or black out every electronic device and the entire electrical grid of the west coast and surround areas. Even when angered only slightly Isaiah’s abilities can manifest in the form of lightbulbs breaking, entire rooms dimming, the electricity going out for a few moments and can cause issues in day-to-day life. His powers are dangerous to both him and others, and if angered too much could potentially suck himself and the people around him into a vortex which would effectively kill both him and the others.

The darkness that Isaiah manipulates or generates or molds or projects has the tendency to stop electronics and electric anything not because of EMP’s but because of the high amount of ions in them. These ions cause electronics to power down or turn off, and can even permanently damage electronics or bypass EMP protection because ions require a different kind of protection, but don’t cause harm to others. In effect his Mass Umbrakinesis seems to have the focus of forcing mankind back into the stone age by snuffing out the light through any means necessary. An addition to this is that even if he hasn’t manipulated a darkness Isaiah can “feel” motions and heat, smell scents, and in general sense things shadows and in dim, or dark, rooms because of the disruption caused by such movements which makes him spatially aware as long as there isn’t too much light. This results in a very interesting ability that, once fully realized, has the potential to make Isaiah either a dangerous individual with highly destructive tendencies or a dangerous individual that just wants everything to be okay, it all depends on what happens.

Darkling Physiology: Isaiah has the body of a Darkling, a being that had began as a human but soon enough became the result of mankind’s misery or the misery of their family. Darklings are rare and only come about as a result of there being too much misery in the world, such as periods like the Dark Ages, World Wars or Great Depression. These beings are gifted supernatural abilities that put them above the rest of the world as a result of them being corrupted, and becoming a new species of being that will one day join together and be able to create more like them.

Eidetic Memory: Isaiah has an eidetic memory and can remember anything that he sees, feels, hears, or in general senses.
Emotion Draining: Isaiah can drain the positive and negative emotions of those that come around him and A) enhance his own abilities temporarily or Cool gain the starting version of the ability that the person he touched had.
Misery Empowerment: As long as misery exists in the world Isaiah is capable of living on as long as he isn’t killed, making him biologically immortal and giving him a mind capable of handling thousands of life times of information. While his intelligence is on the level of a human his mental and physical capacity for storage are not, the mental part having already been explained. At his peak (when amplified by when sufficient sadness or stress or negativity) Isaiah can lift around 20 metric tons of weight, run at speeds approaching 120 miles per hour, and go over 10 hours without resting.

Potential:: Isaiah has the capability to develop an array of abilities with his powers, and develop the capacity to warp teleport himself and others by accessing shadows, and with practice could develop significantly. One of the things he could learn to do is take control of shadows directly to form them into three dimensional shapes and use those for a variety of things. The teenager wants to develop this capacity, the capacity to control his vortexes, the capability to travel to the shadow realm and bring others with him, and the capability to block out senses, and eventually to fly but right now he’s very limited in what he can do unless he is allowed or allows himself to get into a heavy, emotional situation (IE. he’s allowed to go out on a mission by whoever gets to him first (whether it be X-Men or Brotherhood or HFC/Hellions or whatever) or he is captured and harmed). In addition due to his mother’s abilities he has the potential to develop the capability to absorb light.

Weakness(es)

Mass Umbrakinesis: Isaiah’s capacity to manipulate darkness and shadows only really works as long as there is darkness or shadows to manipulate, and if there isn’t any at all he can’t even project much at all. If he could teleport things by warping them Isaiah wouldn’t be able to do so if there was too much light, I mean sure he could probably summon up a blast of darkness from within himself but he couldn’t do major things because there wouldn’t be enough of his fuel around him. That’s the issue with manipulating darkness and coming up against people who manipulate light, the more light there or the less shadows there means that he is weaker. Of course as long as there is darkness he can manipulate that, as long as even a corner has a shadow he can control that and cause it to attack people, or draw power from it to make more darkness but if there is too much light his powers are useless. It’s an issue that many umbrakinetics come up against when using their abilities, but thankfully for Isaiah he can at least generate a little bit of darkness to use and if used smartly he could try to overwhelm the light but there’s a reason why his abilities try to do away with light and electricity at any time possible.

Isaiah’s abilities are uncontrollable not only due to his emotions but also due to the fact that his passive capabilities can’t exactly be managed and can pop up at any time to bother the poor boy and make his day harder. Isaiah can rarely use his abilities unless in a zen-like state, and only has control over his powers, well, uncontrol when under intense stress that could cause his power to be dangerous to himself and others. That’s why Isaiah can’t make constructs or things that require more advanced thought; it’s because he’s so emotional when using his powers that he has no control of what it makes and therefore it is a rush of pure power. It’s something that can be overcome with time but at this moment Isaiah isn’t someone who is in the position to do that for himself. Still, with time this could become something irrelevant or controllable but in its current state his powers cause him issues in day to day life and he’d do anything to get out from under their shadow…

Darkling Physiology: In all reality Isaiah is still biologically human because he hasn’t reached his peak capabilities but he still has traditional weaknesses. Isaiah can’t walk over salt barriers, silver burns him and dampens his powers, and healers and those with “positive abilities” can calm Isaiah down to the point his powers have little to no effect unless they don’t have an emotional bond to Isaiah.

Eidetic Memory: The eidetic memory doesn’t come along with superhuman intelligence, so he only remembers things and otherwise this could be a very human trait
Emotion Draining: Isaiah can only drain emotions through touch, and is unable to do so through clothing so it must be skin-to-skin contact.
Misery Empowerment: This one is pretty simple, he becomes continuously weaker the longer that he is exposed to positivity and when surrounded by peace or in a peaceful environment he loses his physically enhanced attributes.

RP Mechanics

RP Mechanic(s):

Skills: Dancing (A variety of street & stage), singing, boxing, fencing, cooking
Hobbies: Writing, reading, partying, having fun in general
Certifications/Licenses: Class D License with motorcycle endorsement, non-commercial motorized watercraft license

RP Mechanics: He can’t cross salt barriers. Silver burns him, but he can still wear it. Healers can “calm” his powers, as can “positive abilities”. Eyes turn black when he’s using his abilities, almost as if you’re gazing into a shadow world. Shadows turn towards him, and darkness attuned humans are attracted to him. Dogs bark at him, and cats are afraid of him unless he earns their trust or someone they trust trust him. He gives off an uneasy feeling or aura when angered or emotional in any way, making other people uncomfortable. He has an eidetic memory and can remember anything he sees, hears or feels. He is a polymath and can learn things at an accelerated speed that surpasses that of the most intelligent human beings ever to live.

Darkling Physiology: With a touch Isaiah can drain someone of all emotion or induce negative emotions(permission needed). He operates at peak capacity, is effectively biologically immortal, and is capable of going up to three weeks without food or water by feeding on the misery of others. In addition he has near-superhuman traits due to the world’s misery

Role-Play Sample::

The sound of music pounded in his ears, it wasn’t even good music and Isaiah thought the song had horrible lyrics yet he couldn’t help but to love the beat of the music as it caressed his eardrum with its overwhelming loudness. It wasn’t just the music, though, it was the feel of the place that surrounded the well dressed party-goer who had come here to have a drink, see friends, and have a night of fun. Speaking of friends, those were the people who surrounded him right now with a few of them dancing more closely against him than the outer circle of his friends seemed to. The group held an odd air to them, like they knew they were different, and as they danced you could tell that they knew that they had something, that everyone in the group was “special” or about to become “special. Their aura was a mixture of danger, fun, sweat, blood, and forgotten sorrow as everyone had the time of their lives in one of the greatest night clubs in the nation. This was the one place that people like them, that people like Isaiah, could be themselves and escape from the sorrows of the world, an underground for children that were unique… children that were special.

Isaiah bounced up and down, enjoying the feeling of becoming unraveled as he bathed in the rapidly blinking orb lights smiling down upon them like a God who was finally happy with the children he had created. The sixteen year old may not have had his abilities manifest yet but here, here he felt accepted and as if he could truly be himself around these people even when everywhere else he felt like an outcast. Isa’s hands went up over his head and he ground against one of his friends, who returned the favor with a giggle, and the two ensued in a dance of fun and ecstasy like those only the greatest of friends could enjoy. The boy’s name was Tyler Benotia, he was one of the elites that Isaiah hangs out with and the dynamic duo used to date but right now they were simply having fun. Isaiah let a laugh escape from his lips, it fought past the blaring sound nearly echoing off of the walls around them and it reached into the ears of the Tyler, who giggled back.

There were still a few feelings between the former couple, but they had gone through a mutual break up based on the decision that the friendship they shared, the closeness, the kinship was more important than a romantic one. That’s why they had to be careful around each other, lest the two accidentally fall in love again, but perhaps they were still in love for as Isaiah bounced up and down, feet moving, arms pumping, body twisting Tyler wrapped around him when they were dancing. It was one of the greatest feelings to be welcomed by such a great friend, and it was made evident that the people in this room shared a closeness that other people simply didn’t in a way that let them merge together like pieces of differently colored clay that blended to make one beautiful shade. Oh, and what a beautiful shade the few, the wonderfully adept, focused, intelligent, and confident few the dozens of children made as they danced and happiness filled the room. Not only was this a place where many of them felt accepted, but it was a place where many of them expected the only joy in their lives; luckily for the noble blooded boy dancing now he had joy elsewhere, for he wasn’t a miserable one, no, he enjoyed who he was and wouldn’t let anything get in the way of that.

Items/Minions

Physical Priority
(You are to put these physical attributes in order from 1 to 4. 1 is the highest priority, 4 is the lowest.)
1) Agility
2) Endurance
3) Strength
4) Reaction

Last edited by Isaiah Barosoque on September 27th 2015, 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Isaiah Barosoque
Isaiah Barosoque

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2015-09-19

Back to top Go down

Isaiah Barian Roman-Barosoque Empty Re: Isaiah Barian Roman-Barosoque

Post by Aeon September 27th 2015, 10:42 pm

Left Shark! Approved until stated otherwise Left Shark!

Welcome back Niall (jk bro) Razz
Aeon
Aeon

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2015-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Emilia Lilian Barosoque September 28th 2015, 9:49 am

Could this be moved please?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Everyone knows that the queen has arrived, that the Great Mother is here to save them all and to lead this generation, the last generation, and the next generation into the future. The metas will rise, the humans will conform, and the world will be at peace through any means necessary. We will innovate, create and destroy, and man it'll be awesome.
Emilia Lilian Barosoque
Emilia Lilian Barosoque

Quote : "You don't realize that your complaints are meaningless and that you're all mine." - Lady Emilia Lilian Barosoque

Warnings : Banned
Number of posts : 12
Job : Student
Registration date : 2015-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top