The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Most Dangerous Game
Seth En-Saeur (Crusader) I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2024, 8:00 pm by ghost

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Seth En-Saeur (Crusader) I_icon_minitimeApril 29th 2024, 6:24 pm by Lazarus

» Denver's Demons
Seth En-Saeur (Crusader) I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2024, 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» The Deal and The Hit
Seth En-Saeur (Crusader) I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Seth En-Saeur (Crusader) I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Seth En-Saeur (Crusader) I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Seth En-Saeur (Crusader) I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Seth En-Saeur (Crusader) I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Seth En-Saeur (Crusader) I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
Seth En-Saeur (Crusader) I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Seth En-Saeur (Crusader) I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Seth En-Saeur (Crusader) I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
Seth En-Saeur (Crusader) I_vote_lcapSeth En-Saeur (Crusader) I_voting_barSeth En-Saeur (Crusader) I_vote_rcap 
ghost
Seth En-Saeur (Crusader) I_vote_lcapSeth En-Saeur (Crusader) I_voting_barSeth En-Saeur (Crusader) I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Seth En-Saeur (Crusader)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Seth En-Saeur (Crusader) Empty Seth En-Saeur (Crusader)

Post by Seth En-Saeur January 30th 2015, 1:35 pm

Seth En-Saeur
The Left Hand of God

Basic Biography

Renegade/Hero/Villain Name: Crusader
Title: The Left Hand of God
Alignment: Chaotic/Good
Race: Human
Hair: Black
Eyes: Green
Height:6ft
Weight: 250lbs
Blood type: O -

The Looks

Spoiler:

The Legacy

Personality:
Seth's personality is a complex matter. He is foremost at heart a scholar and teacher. He is warm and affectionate to those he deems innocent or good. He is generous to a fault and thus sometimes people take advantage of his generous nature. He also acquires a fair amount of fake friends due to his wealth and generosity. He is also a good Roman Catholic. He fancies his powers come from his good nature or soul and God above. He goes to church often, gives to it, and volunteers outside of church at homeless shelters and other charity events. When not tending to the poor and unfortunate, he is reading in his personal library or going over his various businesses.

He has a keen business sense but has not been able to take the family fortune any higher than it was before he came along, simply because he doesn't much like the cut throat business world. That all being said, he can be quite ruthless and cruel but only to those whom he sees as evil or those who hurt innocents. His will is ironclad and once he has made a decision, he does it come hell or high water.

He does have some glaring personality flaws that can often make him seem unreasonable and hard to get along with. Seth has a terrible memory for people's names and really anything in general that isn't scholarly or interesting to him. He also has a habit of tying much back to his faith, that if others don't share might think is self-righteous but rather he is just trying to connect all the important things to his faith. Another glaring flaw, is that he assumes everyone is less intelligent as him and speaks usually in a tone from a teacher to a student, but this is unintentional.

For all of his faith he is, however, a very flawed man. Most would not suspect it but underneath all of the God talk and volunteering is a man with large appetites that he tries very hard to suppress. He struggles with all aspects of being a good person, which is why he clings so very hard to his faith so that it might save him. He struggles mostly with these three sins: 1) Lust - he has an insatiable appetite for pleasures of the flesh and though he tries to suppress it, this desire rules most of his subconscious because the more he suppresses it the more it grows. This is also complicated because it is reinforced by his other sin Pride in that his Lust is also a sign of domination or dominion over the other person which feeds all of his major sins. 2) Greed: Seth is blessed with lots of riches but he feels the need to take more and more until he bursts. He wants the world and nothing less, though he tries to fight this with humility and service. 3) Pride: Seth is immensely proud of his power, riches and all he has accomplished and if anyone tries to diminish any of those things he will defend them immediately, and might classify that person as evil to justify their destruction.

All in all, Seth tries hard to be the good guy. He tries to be the hero and struggles with his darker nature on a daily basis. Sometimes he succeeds and sometimes he fails, but through it all his faith in redemption and forgiveness spurs him to never give up trying to be a good person.

History:
Seth was born to Jedediah Waite and an unknown mother. Jedediah was an extremely eccentric rich man. He had eclectic tastes and a fascination with the occult. He was an old man before his time, and paid no attention to Seth as a child save for ensuring he was schooled, fed, and otherwise tended to by his servants. Jedediah's servants were gathered by him on his early archeological digs around the world and thus filled Seth's head with tales of his father's exploits and the ancient secrets of the east. He was immediately interested in all of his father's old books and strange arcane instruments but was too afraid of his father to risk disobeying him and examining them.

Seth, having been exposed to many of the strange traditions of his father and the seclusion that Jedediah loved, had zero friends or peers in his early years being privately tutored and kept inside by his father. He, consequently, never had much of a childhood but instead spent his time in an imaginary land of his own and his imagination flourished. It seemed that he would be sequestered with his father for the rest of his life but that all changed one night near candle-mass.

He awoke around 11pm to hear his father chanting and screaming. He crept from his bed and made his way toward the library where he knew his father always did the ritual reenactments. When he arrived at the door to the library he saw his father enshrouded with a dark mist, and a faint green glow was trapped in a circle. His father was chanting in a different language, but stumbled and the darkness enveloped his father. Seth acted without thinking, wanting to save his brave father and pushed Jedediah out of the dark mist, but trapping himself inside it. He has no memories of what happened after that dreadful night, but afterwards he had magic imbued within him. His father, resentful at not only being saved by his child son, but also jealous of his son's quickly manifesting powers, shut Seth out completely and sent him away to boarding school. The next time Seth would see his father, would be at Jedediah's funeral during his senior year of high school. Jedediah had willed his entire fortune and empire to his son. Seth opted not to go to college, and instead dove headlong into the occult literature of his father trying to figure out how to control his own burgeoning powers and understand what had happened to him.

Flash forward to the near present day, and having watched the destruction of New York City, wishing he could have been there to do something. It inspired him to take up his faith and pen and paper to design his own super hero costume. He vowed next time he would be there to protect people, to ensure no such atrocity would ever happen again. He designed his costume, a simple dark green robe with a white and black cross on the back, a black shirt and black baggy pants underneath. He designed and enchanted a staff, as well as a wand that helps him channel his magic. Then having done all that, he moved back to the newly rebuilt city and prepared for his new career as a super hero. Though only having the most basic idea of what his powers can do, he still goes on determined to be a force for good in the world.  

The Powers

Power 1: Eldritch Magic - Seth's brand of magic is, even though he doesn't know it, the vilest and most basic Chaotic energies in the universe. This is not to say that he is the strongest magician in the universe but rather to say that it is a force most occult in nature.
               Spells -
                       Basic - (2)
                              1. Prestidigitation - Allows his to make small objects vanish and reappear, basically functions as giving him sleight of hand and other minor stage magic, can also produce lights and sounds for showy effects.
                       (Ex:1.Cleaning Spell - Cleans target object or room or person. Has the effect of a thorough shower/cleaning/scrubbing on said target.
                              2. Fill Me - Fills target plate and/or glass with food of a reasonable amount of food it has previously had, is randomly selected if caster has nothing in mind.
                              3. Pay Me - Summons an amount of cash from his private horde that he can select at will.
                             4. Minor Telekinesis - Allows him to move things up to about 50 lbs outside of combat.)
                              2. Darkness Control - Allows him to channel the pure Darkness of the Eldritch Magic he commands. He can shape it, or use it for minor invisibility or use it as if they were prehensile limbs of his own body.
                      Low - (2)
                            1. Darkness Tendrils - Allows Seth to interact with the environment using Darkness control in combat for attack purposes. Physical  Attacks or grappling moves made with these tendrils have a Strength equal to half of Seth's magic score. He can also snuff out light sources produced by powers provided their Ability or Magic score doesn't exceed Seth's. Cool down 2 posts or 2x duration of grapple scene.
                             2. Eldritch Sign - A sigil made by Seth and carved into his palms glows green with power buffing a single attribute of Seth's by 2. Limited to either Strength, Speed or Durability. Alternatively, he can also launch a low grade green energy attack from these signs. Cool down for buff 1 post x duration. Cool down for Attack 1 post.
                       Medium - (2)
                              1. Heal Me - Healing spell, heals minor to moderate wounds of either Seth or Another but not both at the same time. Cool down - 3 posts
                              2. Vengeance is Mine Sayth The Lord - Attack of High - Medium level in white cold fire erupting out towards his enemies. Cool Down - 3 posts
                       High - (2)
                              1. Save Me - Heals moderate to severe wounds of either Seth or Another but not both at the same time or at the will of the caster can shield himself or another. Cool Down - 4 posts
                              2. And There Shall Be a Cry Through out The Land of Egypt... Medium - High level damage spell that calls down a massive column of white fire from the sky incinerating all that touch it. Cool down 4 posts or 4x duration of the column.

Power 2:

Power 3:

Power 4:

Grid
Intelligence: 3
Occult: 3
Strength: 2
Speed: 2
Durability: 2
Ability: 0
Fighting Skills: 3
Magic: 8
Spells: 4
Flight: 2
Wealth: 5

Last edited by Seth En-Saeur on January 31st 2015, 11:12 am; edited 4 times in total
Seth En-Saeur
Seth En-Saeur

Quote : "That is not dead, which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die."

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Seth En-Saeur (Crusader) Empty Re: Seth En-Saeur (Crusader)

Post by Forceaus January 30th 2015, 7:55 pm

The first point in wealth is free. You have 29 points spent of the 30 available.

The land of Egypt spell needs a cooldown. Also your basic and low spells are so similar that you could make them all into one.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : I am hilarious, and you will quote everything I say.

Number of posts : 2604
Job : It pays the bills
Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Seth En-Saeur January 31st 2015, 11:15 am

I believe I have fixed the issues you've pointed out. Please give it another look to see if this is better. Thanks for your help!
Seth En-Saeur
Seth En-Saeur

Quote : "That is not dead, which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die."

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus January 31st 2015, 5:56 pm

Approved until stated otherwise

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : I am hilarious, and you will quote everything I say.

Number of posts : 2604
Job : It pays the bills
Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top