The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Walking Through the Apartments - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeToday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Walking Through the Apartments - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Walking Through the Apartments - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Walking Through the Apartments - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Walking Through the Apartments - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Walking Through the Apartments - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Walking Through the Apartments - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Walking Through the Apartments - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Walking Through the Apartments - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
Walking Through the Apartments - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Walking Through the Apartments - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Walking Through the Apartments - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Tybrid
Walking Through the Apartments - Page 2 I_vote_lcapWalking Through the Apartments - Page 2 I_voting_barWalking Through the Apartments - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
SicilianDragon
Walking Through the Apartments - Page 2 I_vote_lcapWalking Through the Apartments - Page 2 I_voting_barWalking Through the Apartments - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Vorik
Cynical_Aspie

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Walking Through the Apartments

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Walking Through the Apartments - Page 2 Empty Re: Walking Through the Apartments

Post by Neal Winters January 19th 2014, 7:24 pm

He heard Uzma laugh when he spoke, but thought it was something that happened. When he heard her speak with sarcasm about what he said, he realized that it was what he said that caused her to laugh. 'Years of being too smart has lead me to be quite arrogant. I have dropped modesty entirely. I suppose it makes sense, but she may not suspect that it would.' He looked down at his hands with a distant gaze, one that seemed as if he was lost in some problem.

Then, she responded that teaching is fun. She seemed genuine about it, almost to his surprise. She went over to the window to look at the sun setting to the West. It was natural, the rose to the East and set in the West, but many wondered why. He never once thought to bother with that question. Who was he to question God. Nonetheless, he knew that she seemed honest about what she said, and that she thought it was interesting that he was a teacher.

Then, she responded with something that made him cringe slightly. She asked him how old he was, something that felt strange. He was not sure why, but he could feel that it was strange for a girl to be asking his age. Even in the way she asked it, he could tell it was strange. She pointed out that he was not closed with personal information, which was true. She also pointed out that she suspected him to be around twenty. He guessed that she thought that only because he was a teacher, otherwise she might have gone younger yet. He gave a small grin when she said twenty though.

"You are closer than some who guess my age for the first time, I am actually younger than you guessed though. Only seventeen, but I was not trying to be arrogant when I mentioned being intelligent before. It is simply that I have never met anybody who has ever challenged me in any field of learning. Even people are something I can study and understand better than most."

He looked up for a moment, at the ceiling as if he was glaring at the sky that he couldn't see.

"It has made me arrogant that there has been nobody who could push me aside from myself since I was but a child. When most people are starting high school, I was already pushing far into my college education with a few fields of study. I have more PH.D's than most people can dream of obtaining in a lifetime."

Neal paused for a moment, looking straight at Uzma, willing to tell her something that he had told very few others.

"To be honest, it all feels meaningless. The only thing that even keeps me sane... I shouldn't say, but the government would likely not appreciate it."

Neal Winters
Post Mate
Post Mate

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2014-01-08

Back to top Go down

Walking Through the Apartments - Page 2 Empty Re: Walking Through the Apartments

Post by Chellizard January 19th 2014, 8:17 pm

She moved her right hand up and scratched the side of her head softly, watching Neal as he explained himself. The laugh threw her off before he started to speak. She was close to his age, huh? What was he then? Twenty-two with no real facial hair? That would be weird. And then he went on. He was younger than his features gave him off to be.

Seventeen.

"Wait, WHAT?" she was startled, coughing on her own spit from the sudden exclamation. She turned around abruptly, looking away from the gorgeous lowered sun to look back at Neal. She cleared her throat, held up a hand indicating she was fine and just needed a moment to collect herself. She turned back to the window and pulled it up, coughing more as fresh air burst into the room with a soft western breeze.

"So, you're old enough that you're barely legal, but you're also young enough for me to get in trouble for hitting on you. Hahahaha! Wow! Thank the heavens I didn't." she shook her head, finally having collected herself somewhat.

She listened on as he spoke, now half sitting on the open window. A shallow, but empty window garden perch was where her left foot rest. Her back was to the northern wall again as she glanced out the window for a moment or two longer.

"So you're practically a genius then, huh?" she looked back to him, her emerald green orbs locking with his own intensely.

She kept his gaze on her's, keeping the focus before he looked to the ceiling to glare at it.

"Well, hey, I say flaunt what cha got. You have brains; I've got looks. I'm thinking of doing some modeling for some cash here and there; and I need a manager... Hm..." she trailed off and sighed, just barely catching the end of his sentence.

"What cha mean the government wouldn't appreciate it?"

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
Walking Through the Apartments - Page 2 JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Neal Winters January 19th 2014, 8:39 pm

He looked at Uzma carefully as she spoke, it seemed she was speaking the truth. She really thought he was somewhat attractive, not that it was unfeasible. He just never thought about his looks to be something that would garner attention before, but he figured it couldn't hurt though either. He gave a small smirk to her reaction, realizing that she was nearly choking on her own spit before she had recomposed herself.

"I bet your awkward middle age there was a little bit less hectic than mine, eh? Could you imagine if you were in college and had a guest speaker that was younger than anybody in the class? Most of the people are in disbelief to say the least, but some realize that I speak the truth of my age."

He watched as she opened the window further, letting air blow in to the room. It seemed that he had shocked her more than he at first realized. Still, he found it almost attractive that she was that shaken by his age. She must have really thought something to have that kind of reaction to his age. Then, she mentioned him being a genius, something that he had heard many people say about him since he was first put in school.

"Yeah, that is what everybody calls me. Some say that I am too smart for my own good, others say that I am the smartest person they have ever met and I will surpass all human limits."

He noticed that her eyes were close in color to his own, a green that seemed to nearly match his own. It was a deep intense green, something that was not commonly seen in people. It was quite alluring to be honest, something he had never really realized. Very few others had green eyes, and never a woman that he had met.

She mentioned modeling to Neal, suggesting that he would be the manager and that she would do the modeling. It made him smile at how funny it seemed, him being a modeling manager. Of course he could manage it, but it just seemed peculiar to him for a seventeen year old guy to manage a model. With a grin, he would respond to her sentence, not insinuating sarcasm or a straightforward yes. His teeth seemed almost perfect, straight and white.

"I suppose that would be interesting, managing a model and making some extra cash on the side."

Uzma then asked what he meant by the government not liking what he did in some of his spare time, something he almost did not expect her to ask. He would answer it nonetheless though, hoping that what he would give to be enough to make her either realize or know that it was a more private subject. "Just that the government doesn't like people taking the law into their own hands, but that is something that I am not sure you would want to hear."

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Neal Winters:
Kira Ito:
Neal Winters
Post Mate
Post Mate

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Job : Student
Humor : Childish, with a hint of vulgarity

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard January 19th 2014, 8:50 pm

"You calling me old?" she asked with a brow raised, and her head cocked slightly. She bent at the middle, shifting her weight to sit on the inside of the windowsill now. She didn't want to laugh or get startled again and fall out of the window. She'd end up flying up and risking her identity to this stranger. A stranger she let into her house. But, what was this, 2003? No. It was 2020; a year when anything could happen no matter what your beliefs, so she just stuck to rolling with almost everything.

"Still impressive, though. Making people feel incompetent must be fun! I'm kind of mean sometimes m'self. I tend to make some men feel dumber than they are.... Glad you're different. Glad I have a challenge." and there she went, letting her own mild intelligence capabilities sneak from her.

A grin passed her lips and she stood from her perch when Chuck, the moving man from earlier, walked in and rapped a soft knock on the door.

"Well, Miss Wil- I mean Uzma! We're all finished now. We really appreciate yer business." he smiled and nodded once before stepping off.

"Yeah no problem!" she called after him. She heard the front door swing shut after him, and the engine to their moving truck rev to life from the street below.

She turned back to Neal now, and shrugged. "Didn't know you'd even consider the idea." she said, skipping over his mention of the government. She didn't want to bring it up anymore than she had to. His last statement confirmed a sinking inkling in her stomach. He must be one of those masked men that run around doing good or bad deeds. Either way, she'd figure it out.

But for now? She had her own plan. A very weird, but fun one.

"I have a guest room; rent here isn't that bad, and I think you'd make for a good roommate. What cha think?"

The Sun was just a small orb on the horizon now, barely winking at anyone noticing it fade against the buildings in the west.

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.

Back to top Go down

Post by Neal Winters January 19th 2014, 9:06 pm

Neal took a small step back, feeling uncomfortable after she said what she did. Then he realized that she was probably joking with him a little bit, something he almost didn't realize. Lacking real social skills really was something that was difficult, he still felt oddly alright with everything so far though. Usually social interactions this long left him feeling like he wanted to run to a dark and quiet room.

'Well, she thinks it impressive that I am this smart. That she seems to be honest about, which is a good thing for the most part. Still, I can help but feel that she really finds something in me. Best not to be shaken by it though, I wouldn't think twice about anything with girls. Would I? Am I perhaps starting to think more about girls than I used to? I am already seventeen, it would be unbelievable... just strange.'

Just a moment before he was going to say something, one of the moving men announced their completion and Uzma gave her permission for them to go. It seemed like they were puppies following her every whim, something that nobody had done for him. Probably because he had taken their words as he was too intelligent to actually converse normally with people.

As they left, Uzma turned to him and said how she didn't realize he would even consider the proposal to be a manager to her modeling. She was quiet for a moment, as if she was pondering what he had spoken to her about his taking the law into his own hands. She was probably drawing conclusions, whether they were right or not he did not know.

Then, she suggested something very strange, him moving into her guest bedroom. It was a strange proposition, something he'd consider but not give a yes or no to yet. It was strange that a woman would ask a man to move into her house, but she seemed to trust him.

"Well, I will think about it, but why don't you tell me what you do? There must be something you do in the spare time. Something you wouldn't want anybody else to know."

The sun was nearly all the way down, and he would need to leave soon, but he would wait and see if she had anything more to say. Before he left, he at least wanted to know what she did for a living. Or at least what it is she did that nobody else knew.

Neal Winters:
Kira Ito:
Neal Winters
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard January 19th 2014, 9:18 pm

She chuckled lightly and shrugged, walking around of her bed toward the door to the shallow hall. At one end was a slender door that lead to the bathroom. That's right. Three doors to the bathroom. The door across the hall from the master bedroom was the door to the guest bedroom. The banister separated another slender walkway from the stairs and another door to a room attached to the guest bedroom. This room was a laundry room with shelf space for towels and et cetera.

She took the small walk across the slender hall to the guest room and opened it, walking it. It was almost the same size as the master bedroom, it just had the eastern view of the sun. So, whoever slept in here would either need heavy curtains, or be a morning person.

"Come see the bedroom before you start making up your mind!" she said, crossing her arms and walking across the high polished hard wood. There was a small closet, and then the door that lead to the bathroom. There was an eastern facing bay window in this room as well, and a few spots on the walls that were brighter painted; as if paintings were once hung in here but were no more.

"What do I do for a living? I'm actually unemployed at the moment. I helped that band, Girl Alive, for a little bit and made some cash. It was quick and easy cash, too. Just some security detail. I've done odd jobs my whole life, I think." she trailed off again and cleared her throat. The guest room was dark, so she flicked the light switch. The bulb burned dimly; it needed replacing it.

"Well, it's late. Want me to call a cab for you or something? Oh, and here," she headed out to the stairs.

"Let me get you my number. I do have a cell phone, despite my 'old age.'" she made another joke on her being older than him and took the stairs with a light jog, making it to the bottom floor quickly. She found her duffle and dug out her purse. She then grabbed a pen and jotted her digits down. They looked blocky, and her handwriting was a bit masculine.

She handed over the piece of paper and smiled.

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Neal Winters January 19th 2014, 9:38 pm

Just as he had suspected, she wanted something else from him before he left. He knew people better than they knew themselves sometimes, but that was just his way perhaps. Still, he loved how rarely he was behind in a conversation with others. Except of course in the standard social department.

As she walked across the hall to the guest room, she revealed a room very similar to the master bedroom. It was large enough, had a large bay window and showed a great view of the eastern side of Los Angeles. Obviously, she was trying to seduce him into moving in, but he would think about it before making up his mind. It wouldn't be bad to have a regular place to stay, especially if it meant he could guarantee a new friend. Still, he was cautious about almost everything he did. Striving for perfection in life was a downfall of intelligence.

To his question about what she did, she responded to be unemployed. At the same time, it seemed she enjoyed it, and had odd jobs here and there anyways. Probably something else she did too, but he would figure out later. The room she showed him needed some remodeling, but it was a great room to stay in while he wasn't busy teaching.

As she asked him if he wanted a cab called, he gave a gentle smile. She cared about him at least a little bit, but the way she did was still clouded to him. Whether it was as a younger brother type feeling, or a feeling like he'd make a good boyfriend was still hidden from him.

"Yeah, I would appreciate that, I sadly leave my phone at home too often. I should start bringing it along more, I just never know if I can leave it on me though."

As she spoke the last bit, about getting him her phone number and saying that she wasn't "too old", he felt slightly rude for having insinuated it.

"I apologize for making that unclear, I am just very young for what I do which is a bit strange. Anyways, I will definitely give you a call."

Neal Winters:
Kira Ito:
Neal Winters
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard January 19th 2014, 10:07 pm

The smile that stole her expression was genuine. She was happy to have met someone else in this world that wasn't always talking to an imaginary corgi, thought everyone was robots, or wore too much lace. She was just glad to meet someone that was practically normal. A smart kid that did what he was good at; teaching others. That was comforting. And he even knew how to crack a joke or two.

She let her smile grow a little smaller before walking toward the door. It was heavy, and made from an old oak. The finish was dark, and a window was in the top; glass stained ice blue. The sun made the glass shine a little bit more yellow green, and it cast color on Uzma's face before she opened the door.

"Well, I hate to rush you out, but I need some sleep, and I also want to finish unpacking the little clothes I own. So, Neal, I guess I'll be seeing you eventually. Don't be a stranger! You still need to teach me how to fix my car," she grinned while she took the short three step stoop down to the sidewalk where she stood with him for a few moments to say their goodbyes.

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Neal Winters January 19th 2014, 10:14 pm

Neal watched as she smiled, a genuine smile it seemed. He could read people well, and it seemed that she was genuinely smiling about the encounter today. He felt relieved that everything worked out relatively well today and that there were no real problems with the day. A girl needed help with her new apartment and her car, but otherwise nothing was wrong with it. He almost wondered why she wore her hair the way she did, but would not over-analyze any more.

Shortly after, she moved toward the door and he followed. She opened it, holding it and letting the yellowish green light from the light blue glass shine upon her. It was an interesting thing to see her in this light, she looked very attractive in this light, even with the odd haircut.

Neal grinned when she began speaking to him about needing him to leave. "Yep, I will make sure to call you up and stop by before I leave. With some clothes that aren't so nice, so I can actually help with the car."

Neal made his way down the front steps, and then would stop and wait for her to see if she would say goodbye. Besides, the taxi wasn't here yet anyways, he would need to wait until it arrived.

Neal Winters:
Kira Ito:
Neal Winters
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard January 19th 2014, 10:56 pm

Her bare feet could feel the warmth the sun had trapped in the concrete slabs of the sidewalk. She wasn't afraid to stand barefoot, even in the city. She crossed her arms however and looked over at Neal while they waited. She wouldn't make him stand out here alone for long.

Then again, the cab came around the corner just as he mentioned calling her up and stopping back by before he left the city. The cab rolled up and waited patiently. Uzma tucked twenty bucks into Neal's hand and patted the back of his hand lightly.

Thanks for hanging with me for the day. Make sure you get to your hotel safely, and this money is for the cabbie. Can't let him drive you to the hotel without giving him a tip. Plus it's all I can offer." she grinned and refused any motion he made to give her the money back. She then turned and made her way back up the stoop.

"See ya round, Neal!" she hollered to him, and turned to step into her town house. The door swung shut behind of her.

Today had been a great day.

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top