The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Denver's Demons
Lawrence Kane I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Lawrence Kane I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2024, 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Lawrence Kane I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Lawrence Kane I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Lawrence Kane I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Lawrence Kane I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Lawrence Kane I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Lawrence Kane I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Lawrence Kane I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
Lawrence Kane I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Lawrence Kane I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Lawrence Kane I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Cynical_Aspie
Lawrence Kane I_vote_lcapLawrence Kane I_voting_barLawrence Kane I_vote_rcap 
Tybrid
SicilianDragon
Vorik
Seamus McAndrews

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Lawrence Kane

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lawrence Kane Empty Lawrence Kane

Post by Sunshine P. September 26th 2013, 5:37 pm

Lawrence Kane
The Electronvoker

Cheat Sheet
Alternate Name: No alias used
Title: Mr.
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Race: White People
Hair: Yellow
Eyes: Light Blue
Height: 173 cm
Weight: 56 kg
Blood Type: A

The Looks
“Alright, boss man; I'll give you something to write down—Although,” Lawrence complied, leaning forward over the cold metal table at the creepily thorough documentation on everything from his height and weight to his exact race, age, and blood type, “I don't know why you need this given your little cheat sheet here.—I'm young and charged like a supercapacitor, with brilliant blond hair and eyes dynamic as a stormy sky. You can see the definition in these arms—you know I work out—but I'm not into that muscle man routine. Light; quick; you'll never see me coming, and you'll never see me anywhere I don't want to be. I want ya to understand that, boss man, I 'aven't come here by your governmental decree. I don't know how you profile a man who dresses average and casual-like, in jeans and a dark v-neck and a jacket with all the pockets in and out I need to hold what I've stolen while you weren't looking, but, you see, this one is one who's here of his own volition, and that has a lot to do with knowing more than you do.” Lawrence glanced at his watch; the time was right. What happened next happened fast, too fast for a human. He shocked the table, grabbed the files and shocked open the magnetic lock on the door before the man seconds ago across from him could recoil from the pain of the static electricity. The door slipped open and close in a moment, locking behind him as he sprinted down the halls and out of the building, a white static field shimmering around him like an aura of excitement. Out the door and into the cab he'd ordered to park for exactly this moment, a move that left a grin on his face and a happy getaway for a sly criminal.

The Legacy
Personality:
Kane is smug, confident and impatient. He's capable of focus but action is simply a far greater excitement. Volatile and never caught unaware or without the ability to dodge either the hostile words or blows that come at him, he's gained a thinking that he's invincible, untouchable and entirely resistant to orders. Many think he's just a cocky ass, but he's convinced it's just his free-spirited nature. Though proud of his abilities, he generally keeps the supernatural to himself, such that those who would threaten him underestimate him.
History:
When Lawrence was a child—and many might reckon he still acts like one—he had an infatuation with the power and fury of storms. School was droll, and people, though hilarious subjects for pranks or confusion, bored him infinitely. Only when the rain fell, the winds blew and the blinding crack of thunder and lightning filled the sky as a unstoppable, godlike force of nature, he felt content with the world, in all its stupidity and corruption. It was on the particular night of the greatest storm he had ever felt, one that rocked the walls and tore the shingles from the very roof that people thought necessary to hide from the greatest power in the lands, that he finally became one with the force he admired so much. At the furious protest of his parents, he struck out with energy until towards the great cliff that overlooked the storming ocean, raising his arms like a priest, soaked in water, embracing the very essence of the black clouds. He only had a moment to see that blackness shine white, before the very cause struck him to his core, an image frozen in his mind of the storm reaching out with its electrical arms and granting him greatness. It was of that action that he fell from the edge of the cliff, down into the stormy water never to be found by his family again. He took to his newfound power and skill, renting a studio flat and unlocking the abilities he had gained.

Spell List

• Cantrips (basic)

• Candlelight: A basic, harmless ball of light floats around for a while, able to be ordered around vaguely. It casts about as much light as a regular torch.
    • Static Charge: Allows Kane to apply a static charge to metal or directly from skin to skin to shock people. Ultimately negligible.
    • Recharge: With a touch, electronics and batteries can be quickly recharged.
    • Fuse: In a similar fashion as an arc welder would function, this spell connects pieces of metal to each other by softly melting the connecting edge. It could also be used to cauterize wounds.

• Low Power

• Taser: Close-combat replica of a modern close-range taser (mostly skin-to-skin or similarly close contact).
    • Empower: Lawrence charges his muscles with electricity, temporarily boosting his agility and speed. He can stay in this state for only a few seconds, all the while slightly physically stronger and faster. (Speed and Strength are increased by one)
    • Flash: Emits a momentary blinding light, affecting all but the caster.
    • Bang: Creates the thundering sound of a lightning crack, affecting all but the caster.

• Medium Power

• Thunderbolt: A bolt of electricity as one would expect from an electrical storm. Typically cast from the hands, it can gain extra power if called down from a cloudy sky. During a thunderstorm, this spell reaches its peak capacity, doing the most damage a Medium Power Spell can do. The bolt travels quickly in a straight though jagged line but is attracted to and can be blocked easily with grounded metal. It creates much heat both in the air and on impact, so it can start fires.
    • Expansive Knowledge I: Able to use two more Cantrips instead of a Medium Power Spell.

• High Power

• Static Buckler: With his hands, Lawrence can project typically small, short-lived shields of electricity that deflect or absorb projectiles. They usually fade instantly after successfully blocking an attack, but can last about a second without any concentration. A single shield can be focused on to block continuous or massive attacks, but this does force a cool down. Shields are volatile and contact can prove harmful. Because of its magnitude and duration, this ability is generally at-will, though it can naturally become very exhausting to maintain it for long periods.
    • Expansive Knowledge II: Able to use two more Low Power Spells instead of a High Power Spell.

• Ultimate

• Unlocked at Magic level 9

Skill Grid
Intelligence: -
Occult: 5
Strength: 2
Speed: 2
Durability: 2
Ability: 0
Fighting Skills: 7
Magic: 8
Spells: 4
Flight: 0
Wealth: 1

(( The points in fighting skills are primarily for reflexes, not actually hurting people, and that's why speed and strength are as low as they are. Reflexes are mentioned only in FS, so I assumed that's where the points go. Most fighting damage will probably be from spells that co-operate with hitting people, if he does that. ))

Last edited by Sunshine P. on September 28th 2013, 3:12 am; edited 3 times in total

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You're a beautiful person.
Sunshine P.
Sunshine P.

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 5
Job : Tech stuff
Humor : Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried stapling water to a tree
Registration date : 2013-07-06

Back to top Go down

Lawrence Kane Empty Re: Lawrence Kane

Post by Chellizard September 27th 2013, 1:34 pm

Interesting way to use the Magic and Spells system.

I think I like this so much that I'm going to implement a new rule on it.

Considering, The Magic system is in it's beta phase, and no one has been really brave enough to use it, I give you kudos.

You'll get 1 point for your speed stat and 1 for strength with your booster spell; and it'll last for however many posts, but has to cool down just as long as it lasted. I also wonder what you mean by more tangible?

Also, you've placed 3 points in INT when you shouldn't. It's just an unspoken thing, and it's not meant to be shown on your grid.

The first three descriptions of Intelligence and Occult stats share the same meanings/definitions. It's so that Occult users can know just enough about technology to get by, and Intelligence users can know just enough about magic, and the supernatural to get by. If they so choose to. It's all RP mechanics.

All right, your character description was nice; I enjoy the way you RPed it out.

Soon as you fix these issues, I'll see about approving you.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]-
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
~Main Characters~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
~NPCs~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunshine P. September 27th 2013, 3:50 pm

Thanks for the prompt response.

Tangibility refers to whether something can be touched or not. I intended it to be a sort of 'reduction of the hit box', so he has a slightly smaller profile, can fit through things better, etc.

As for the spell thing, I value utility and diversity over raw power.

Anyways I got all that fixed up right quick for you.

Sunshine P.
Sunshine P.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard September 27th 2013, 4:27 pm

As for being more tangible, I think you should just stay normal-tangible because the spell already gives a stat boost.

Just my opinion.

~Main Characters~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
~NPCs~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunshine P. September 28th 2013, 3:10 am

Okay I removed that qualification.

Sunshine P.
Sunshine P.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard September 28th 2013, 10:45 am

All right. Approved and moved.

~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top