The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Pleasant Point
Contests? I_icon_minitimeToday at 8:01 pm by Zonkes

» Homefront (Lore Submission)
Contests? I_icon_minitimeToday at 2:28 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
Contests? I_icon_minitimeToday at 2:26 pm by inquisitor

» The birds of expedience
Contests? I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:45 am by Cerek

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Contests? I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:22 am by Cerek

» Ricochet
Contests? I_icon_minitimeMay 4th 2024, 9:58 pm by Arcana

» Daybreak (WIP)
Contests? I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 8:39 pm by ghost

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Contests? I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 4:52 pm by ghost

» The Most Dangerous Game
Contests? I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 12:56 am by Tybrid

» The Warden
Contests? I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2024, 5:48 pm by inquisitor

» Talos
Contests? I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2024, 5:47 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Contests? I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2024, 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

Top posting users this week
inquisitor
Contests? I_vote_lcapContests? I_voting_barContests? I_vote_rcap 
Cerek
Zonkes

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Contests?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Contests? Empty Contests?

Post by Thistle March 18th 2013, 4:27 am

I believe it may benefit the roleplay to have some kind of OOC contest of sorts. It could be an art contest, writing contest or heck, even a design a character contest. There would be a deadline for it, and the winner would get put into their own special group called 'Contest Winner' and you could hold them monthly. It just means that some people who are thinking of leaving actually have a reason to come back to the forums in order to try and healthily beat their fellow site users.

Below is a quick template.

Contest!

Time Limit : Here you would write how long they had to do it. from the dates of xx/xx/xx to the date of xx/xx/xx. Even include a time like midnight if you wish.

Type : Here you could have many different types of competition, such as writing, drawing, or character creation. Use your imagination.

Theme : Here, you could include what the theme has to be about. It could be something basic such as fire or heat, or it could be something which has literally hundreds of meanings, such as love or loss or power. Get creative, and make them interesting.

Twists : Now, here you could include something to make it more interesting, such as their must be a betrayal in the story, or a tragedy. These wouldn't be in every contest, but they could make them abit more interesting if the theme and twist were seemingly unrelated. And of course, they would vary depending on the topic. If the topic was art, then pick something such as... rustic. If it were a character creation one, pick something like Madness, etc. Madness however is a universal one.

An Example of a filled template.

Time Limit : 18/2/13 - 31/3/13

Type : Writing

Theme : Pleasure

Twist : Tragedy.

All entries would be sent to either a special few people, probably only about 3. OR they would be sent to the admins who would HOPEFULLY make a non-biased decision. If you were using the special few people, this would have to change monthly so that some of them could enter into the competition without having the advantage of voting for their own story, or the disadvantage of not being able to vote at all meaning their story has less chance of winning.

I hope you like the idea, and if you have any questions about it please ask.
Thistle
Thistle
Post Mate
Post Mate

Quote : i got beat up by elaine once

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 170
Job : I wish.
Humor : Did you hear about the dwarf's joke? It fell short.
Registration date : 2013-03-15

Back to top Go down

Contests? Empty Re: Contests?

Post by Chellizard March 18th 2013, 4:29 am

Contests are great ideas, and I've attempted to hold them before...

But not many people want to work on them.

I have been considering a "Member of the month" feature Widget where I feature the character.

I've also considered doing a "Daily Bugle" type news widget with highlights from some major/minor threads that talk about some characters from a News Casters POV.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
Contests? JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle March 18th 2013, 4:35 am

Ooohhhh, I like that news caster thing.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Contests? WSIrRjr
"Our seasons are reversed. My spring, humanity's fall!"
-Thistle
actually zyra says that but shhhh
Thistle
Thistle
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Phantom March 18th 2013, 6:34 am

We could always do the male character of the month, female character of the month, topic of the month, and 'couple' of the month thing? The Daily Bugle thing actually sounds really cool.

The Phantom
The Syndicate's Six
The Phantom
The Phantom
Post Mate
Post Mate

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2012-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim March 23rd 2013, 5:54 pm

I've been on forums that held writing contests before, and they're a lot of fun. I'm definitely supportive of having RPcontests on SHRPG.

I think that it works best as a site-wide contest on a regular schedule. I think we should definitely get this ball rolling.
Sim
Sim
Post Adept
Post Adept

Number of posts : 398
Humor : What do you call twin boys? A sunset!
Registration date : 2010-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard March 23rd 2013, 6:48 pm

Let's figure it out.

I'll either make the code or find the code and tweak for the Daily News type thing; that has a tabbed menu that let's you scroll through the members of the month. :]

And by members, I mean characters. Such as; Hero, Villain, and Renegade of the month.

And we'll judge on, not only actual storylines that the character is in, but also the writing capabilities. :]

-My DeviantArt-
Contests? JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle March 23rd 2013, 7:12 pm

That sounds awesome, but that's not what i meant...

I meant like, writing contests etc, that have specific themes and their own thread in the forums, etc.

Contests? WSIrRjr
"Our seasons are reversed. My spring, humanity's fall!"
-Thistle
actually zyra says that but shhhh
Thistle
Thistle
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle May 14th 2014, 3:39 pm

bumped for original purpose

member of the month sounds fun.
Thistle
Thistle
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard May 14th 2014, 4:00 pm

It'd be an interesting thing.

Perhaps we'll launch it soon. I'll figure out the details and then go from there.

-My DeviantArt-
Contests? JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum