The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent, or be an evil tyrant. Wreck havoc and bring chaos to our world, or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Book for demons (Pat)
Today at 3:41 am by Shadowoof

» THE STARS ARE ALIGNING! BOWLING, PIZZA, MUSIC FOR ALL! WHAT A SNAZZY DEAL! A NEW SUPER-GROUP IS FORMED!
Today at 1:14 am by serpentail

» Club Step
Today at 12:31 am by TravisHalls

» Drunk and Looking for Jobs
Today at 12:18 am by TravisHalls

» Even heroes need a vacation
Yesterday at 7:42 pm by Jeannie Rose

» Trying to figure out how this hero stuff works
July 21st 2017, 1:03 pm by ShroudedKonqueror

» The Techno-Zone
July 20th 2017, 11:25 pm by Katrina A. Russel

» Sing It
July 20th 2017, 9:16 pm by GamerXZ

» Crowd Control
July 20th 2017, 9:11 pm by Katrina A. Russel

» Stone visits the city
July 20th 2017, 6:49 pm by TheDastardlyDire

» Burning Treads, The Demon of Los Angeles!(open)
July 20th 2017, 1:58 pm by TheDastardlyDire

» Chemical Romance [Date Night Pt.2]
July 19th 2017, 10:33 pm by TheDastardlyDire

Staff

Administrators

Site Moderators

Forum Moderators

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2017 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.
Donate to SHRP!
Superhero RPG will be able to keep our custom domain, copyrights to your works, and an ever growing appearance that will change over time! 100% of your donations will go to Superhero RPG and nothing else.

The Phantom

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Phantom

Post by Archangel on January 23rd 2013, 8:43 am

]

Lucifer Hermes Mercury
"I am not sure why you are attempting to stop me, it is not as if you will remember any of this an hour or two from now..."

Basic Biography

Renegade/Hero/Villain Name: The Phantom
Title: The World's Greatest Thief
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Race:Caucasian(MetaHuman)
Hair:black
Eyes:brown
Height:6'2"
Weight:190
Blood type:-O

The Looks
† †

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

The Legacy
† †

Personality:Class, Elegance, Style, and Intelligence before brutality. This is essentially what describes Lucifer Mercury, the world's greatest thief. He is as some would put it stuck up, but simply sees the world in the 'way it was meant to be'. He sees himself at the top of the social and economic ladder and that all those 'wealthy' beneath him need to learn their place. If it wasn't for the fact that most of his 'profits' he distributes to those in need, such as single parents or charities dealing with children he would perhaps be the wealthiest man alive. But this isn't what he wants, no he simply wants to prove to the world that nothing can escape his grasp, that any sort of challenge set up he can accomplish and no one will ever be the wiser.

He does not usually take lives unless absolutely necessary, insisting that the reasons one has hired grunts is to do the 'dirty' work for them. It is better to keep one's self clean of all troubles except for the one you are intentionally committing if absolutely possible. Children are beyond harm and if any of his underlings harm one or he sees someone harm them he won't hesitate to teach said person a lesson they will never forget.

To most he is just a legend, a figment of their imagination, or a 'mythical' figure head of the Crime Syndicate. Or simply just an idea created by them to scare off rivals. In truth this is how he wants it to be, for to be remembered in legends an tails is better than to be hunted down by the law and wanted for grand theft everywhere in the world.

History:(note only the History will be done in 'first person')
What, history? Whose History and why do you inquire about it? Mine did you say, ahh well, right then. I'm not sure why you wish to know of my history as you're soon to forget this entire conversation happened anyway. But, if you insist I can divulge some of my time to tell you the story of how I came to be...

I was borne to a wealthy family in London, England during the year 1992. My true mother knew nothing of my birth and my father intended to keep it that way, as not only was she a prostitute but one of the very first rising signs of Meta-Humans. Or abominations as he called them. My adoptive mother, my father's wife, was having a child the same day that I was born but Unbeknownst to her it died and I was placed in its spot. As I grew up everything seemed to go perfectly as my father had planned, my adoptive mother never learned of his swap but of course she didn't have much time to think on the matter. For when I was three my father believed he had struck the biggest deal of his life and we moved to America. It was supposed to be a deal that would make my father one of the wealthiest businessmen in the world but it collapsed last second and we were left broken and devastated. My adoptive mothers frail heart could not take it and she died some time after.

The day I turned four was the day my father jump started my stealing habits, but because of his upbringing , and the one he had in mind for me before, if I was ever caught he would imply it wasn't his idea or disown me. To him it mattered not that he was now one of the poorest people in America, no he was brought up wealthy and that was all he knew and he expected me to act and think the same. Sufficient to say as much as I hate the man now this trait carried over. Class, Elegance, and style before brutality my friend; I'll let you remember that bit.

Anyway, by the time I turned ten, six years of this mind you, I became a natural at it. †I had only kept to lowly shoplifting and petty theft but one day, one day all of that changed. You see I was in a museum and in one of the glass containers there was this very nice ring that I knew my father would love...I was young and foolish at the time but thought I just had to have that ring. So, reaching out I touched the glass and to my surprise my hand went through the glass box and as my fingers encased around the ring I pulled my hand out as if nothing happened, and none were the wiser.

From there it lead from shop lifting to pickpocketing to actual robbery, and finally on to bank robbery and 'breaking and entering'. Eventually of course I got caught and as I was running from the cops I wished that I could just disappear and that everyone would forget, that they would all just forget about me and that they'd never remember what I did; that no one would ever see me again. Standing here today I can tell you it worked, two more, and the last of the them it seems, of my latent 'meta-human' powers emerged. From that day I was unstoppable, for how can one hope to stop a their you can not see, harm, nor remember? That happened perhaps in my teens, I am now Thirty Seven, the greatest thief alive, owner of one of the biggest Crime Syndicates this world has ever seen; and you dear Sir, will never remember this conversation. I will simply be a phantom in your imagination.

The Powers
† †

Power 1:Forget Me: or the ability for people to consciously and subconsciously forget who The Phantom is after a period of time. For example he could create the biggest heist in history and a hour or so later people would slowly start to forget who it was that committed the act, and once more time had past they would even start to remember someone else doing the act in his place. A form of Memory Manipulation, The Phantom can only make people forget him, and although this ability is usually passive and takes some time to accomplish he can have it so people he wants remembers him and turn it on and even turn the effect on and off. (Though this usually is much more difficult)

Power 2:Intangibility: the psionic ability to pass ghost-like through solid objects. He can render his entire body intangible, but he can also make individual body parts intangible such as arms, hands, or legs. †Unless using his invisibility power he remains visible while using this power. He can ha not pass through floors though for some reason.

Power 3:Invisibility: The psionic or ghost-like ability to turn invisible, or unseen, to the human and animal eye. Like most Ghosts he could still give off a heat signature when invisible and if not quite enough, as he isn't a trained expert, heard by one with acute hearing. (This lasts roughly 3 posts with a 3 post cool down)

Power 4:SuperHuman Intelligence:
9 - Illuminatus - Your mind is on the edge of enlightenment. You are capable of remembering massive amounts of information with ease, as well as comprehending things that even most of an superhuman intellect could only dream of processing. The technology you create is just plain ridiculous. Like stumbling right into an episode of Dr. Who, only with better special effects which arenít as fake
Along with his Intelligence, Lucifer has both an Eidetic, or Photographic, memory and Hyperthymesia

Grid
Intelligence:9
Strength:2
Speed:3
Durability:3
Ability:6(Forget Me:1, intangibility:2, Invisibility:3)
Fighting Skills:4
Wealth:5

Last edited by The Phantom on May 10th 2013, 4:27 pm; edited 4 times in total

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Archangel
Archangel

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Male
Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2012-12-06

Back to top Go down

Re: The Phantom

Post by Forceaus on January 23rd 2013, 1:35 pm

The forget me power will only cost 1 ABI but only works on characters if they choose to allow it.

For intangibility and invisibility they cost 2 ABI minimum and the maximum number of posts they last is equal to the number of points put into them and cooldown is equal to use.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:
Forceaus

Quote : I am hilarious, and you will quote everything I say.

Male
Number of posts : 2605
Job : It pays the bills
Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Archangel on January 23rd 2013, 1:54 pm

Got it, edited it all to what you said

Archangel
Archangel

Male
Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2012-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus on January 23rd 2013, 2:41 pm

Approved until stated otherwise

Spoiler:
Forceaus

Quote : I am hilarious, and you will quote everything I say.

Male
Number of posts : 2605
Job : It pays the bills
Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard on May 10th 2013, 4:29 pm

Approved and moved; INT increased to 9 by purchase. See EXP: Click here.

-My DeviantArt-

~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma | †Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Administrator
Administrator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Female
Number of posts : 4302
Job : MA at a Pediatric Urgent Care/Artist/Hitler
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top