The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Denver's Demons
Savian Graves  I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Savian Graves  I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2024, 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Savian Graves  I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Savian Graves  I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Savian Graves  I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Savian Graves  I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Savian Graves  I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Savian Graves  I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Savian Graves  I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
Savian Graves  I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Savian Graves  I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Savian Graves  I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
No user

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Savian Graves

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Savian Graves  Empty Savian Graves

Post by Hunter Kieff October 25th 2011, 1:54 am

Super Hero/Villain/Renegade/etc Name: Shining Palm
Title: (What sometimes people call you, for example, Spiderman gets called Webhead, or Pain gets called Scarface. Or something proper like, Thor The Mighty Son of Odin. What ever you want, just don't be stupid...)
Alignment: Dark Hero
Race: Superhuman
Hair: White
Eyes: Red
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 190 lbs

Costume Description/Image: Savian has no real need for a costume so he just wears his usual clothing.

Personality: Savian is an extremely kind and compassionate person who always does his best to help those in need. There is nothing he hates more than a person preys on those weaker than them and when witnessing violent acts he always rushes in to stop it unlike some others who would just continue on because they had other things to worry about.

Savian has zero tolerance for criminals and if it boils down to a fight he won't be satisfied until he is sure that they will be unable to harm anyone ever again be it crippling them or in extreme cases killing them.

In social situations he is very quiet and socially awkward, not speaking to people unless spoken to and unless he finds the person interesting he won't make eye contact, generally staring right past them or at the ground.

History:

Savian himself had a very average childhood. In elementary school he was constantly picked in and bullied for being pale white in color and weak. They often poked fun at his long white hair and told him that he looked like a girl but he didn't do anything about it. He never really cared about what others thought of him. Some of the older boys would try to rough him up every once in a while but they were surprised to find out that he was never really injured by what they did to him. Their punches would barely leave a bruise people were more likely to injure themselves when trying to harm him.

The taunts and attempted beatings escalated in brutality because nearly all of the bullies wanted to be the one that managed to make Savian cry. He was never emotionally attached to anything so breaking his things wouldn't work. Beating him up didn't work eventually they got annoyed. This continued to high school where for once in his live, Savian would actually have the need to defend himself.

One day on his way home from his classes he was ambushed by three guys that wanted to teach him a lesson. He couldn't remember what they wanted from him, but at the time he didn't care. He knew that they wouldn't be able to hurt him until one of them pulled put a pencil and drew a target on his forehead. The second thug pulled out a knife and flipped it around, preparing to throw it right at his face. In a moment of panic Savian jerked his head back into the nose of the man behind him and flipped him over his shoulder. Then the man with the knife charged and brought it down in an attempt to stab him. The boy reacted quickly and pushed it aside before slamming his fist into his throat. The third and final man caught him off guard and stabbed the pencil at his eye but it stopped right before it could hit him. His attacker paused and took a step back as the pencil just floated in mid-air and Savian raised his arm, pointing a finger right at the eye of the man. Suddenly the pencil flipped over and stabbed directly on target, blinding him in his left eye.

Once he made it home Savian experimented with a number of different things, seeing if his 'power' was telekinesis or something like that. He tried a number of different things that didn't work until he went back to a pencil. Savian focused intently on it until something miraculous happened, the graphite inside began to rattle and break and as Savian twirled his hands the black dust danced with him. It was then when he jumped onto his computer and checked the composition of graphite which was none other than carbon.

Savian spent days on end researching substances that contained carbon and how things like diamond and whatnot were composed and did not rest until he could take raw carbon and form graphite quickly. Once he found that both diamond and graphite were composed of the same material Savian switched his attention on converting the graphite to its stringer and much more valuable brother mineral.

At first he had intended to keep his abilities a secret, but one day his mother stumbled upon him in the process of actually forming the diamond. When she discovered his abilities she kept on bringing him pencil lead and insisted that he used his powers to make the family rich. At first he agreed and after a year or so living in luxury his parents grew greedy and began demanding more from him and keeping many of the profit for themselves instead of benefiting the family as a whole. Eventually his parents grew to hate each other and got a divorce, dividing the wealth and material goods. But once everything was squared away they turned their attention to Savian for without him, they wouldn't make any more money. He was forced to attend several court hearings until he finally snapped and ran away but not before he took every single diamond that they had stored away and turned them to a worthless dust. However he needed a way to defend himself so he rolled up his sleeves and allowed the dust to settle on him, forming gauntlets that he could freely manipulate when necessary. But as a covert method of protection he hardened a thin and nearly undetectable layer on each of his fingernails and fashioned them into razor sharp claws hidden beneath his black gloves.

With what little money he had left, Savian escaped his household and fled to New York City where he works as a sculptor by day and a criminal killer by night. There was one thing that always let the police and press know that it was him though. The victim was always coated with sparkling diamond dust.

Powers:
Superhuman Intelligence- Savians level of thinking is much higher than that of a human. It is because of this that he can remember complex things like the structure of carbon, what organic matter contains useful amounts of carbon and how the molecules are grouped to form graphite or diamond.

Superhuman Endurance- When it comes to being hit, Savian can take extremely high amounts of damage that would kill the average human being. That being said, he's not indestructible. The average bullet has a hard time doing damage and bladed weapons feel like nothing more than papercuts. Combined with his skills with weapons Savian is deadly at close range and dangerous from afar.

Carbon Manipulation- Savian was gifted with the unique ability to manipulate carbon from organic matter surrounding him. In order to draw from a solid object he needs to be in direct contact with it and focus his energy on the key contact points. The speed of his drawing depends on how many points of contact there are with the surface. However Savian can only draw from the air within a 15 foot radius. It is through this manipulation that he can take the raw carbon and form the preliminary stage of graphite. By itself the graphite is extremely fragile and quite frankly useless, but in conjunction with his own energy, Savian can harden it like a blade and use it as a viable weapon.

Carbon Manipulation (Weapons)- When it comes to fighting Savian can manifest the carbon into graphite weapons on the fly and if given enough time they can be converted to diamond. When the graphite is hardened by his energy it is strong enough to clash with steel weapons as an equal but large amounts of blunt force are enough to crack and eventually break it. Alone the diamond is very strong and deadly but when his energy is mixed with the molecules they form bonds strong enough to harm those with superhuman endurance and perform fatal wounds on normal people. In order to avoid being disarmed the weapons are always connected to his body in some way as in the blades are attached to his forearms and claws attached to his hands. Savian is never truly unarmed and he always has pre-made diamond to manipulate on hand that is usually hidden under his baggy clothing. It isn't an extremely large amount though, it's just enough to make a last second defensive maneuver if his reflexes aren't enough to keep him safe.

Carbon Manipulation (Protection)- In order to ensure that he has some form of failsafe Savian developed a number of defensive techniques to keep himself safe. Against users of fire he would only need to disperse the solid structures around him be it graphite or diamond and attach the carbon to the oxygen around them. Through careful planning Savian can effectively choke out fire before it can burn him and suffocate his enemies but rather than die they would pass out. Once sure they were incapacitated he would simply remove the carbon element and the air would be breathable again. It would take a long amount of time to be effective based on their own endurance but it is a very sneaky and potentially deadly trick.

(Telltale signs of oxygen deprivation include; headaches, fatigue, shortness of breath, a feeling of euphoria and nausea. And in severe cases they are changes in levels of consciousness, seizures, coma, priapism, and cyanosis of the skin.)

Carbon Manipulation (Stages)

Stage One: The first stage is that Savian must spend a little bit of time drawing carbon from the area around him if there isn't already a solid structure of graphite, diamond etc.

Stage Two: Once drawn he then has to connect them as sheets to form graphite. Since graphite itself is a solid structure and is already put together in a way useful to him he does not need to go to stage one UNLESS he is drawing more carbon.

Stage Three: After the graphite is manifested and set up in the way he wants it Savian will then take the time to re-arrange the bonds to turn them into diamond. Like stage two once it is made he can convert it freely.

Stage Four (conditional): With the aid of high amounts of heat, Savian can once again take advantage of the diamond to make a substance that is roughly 18% harder called Wurtzite Boron Nitrade or WBN for short. He can only perform this advanced step with the other factor in play e.g. Heat.

Stage Five (Conditional): With the diamond and a long enough amount of time, Savian can convert the diamond to a very thin and flexible substance called Graphene. Graphine is nearly indestructible and very flexible so once made it can be used as a form of armor. At the moment Savian is not experienced enough to make the graphine.

Stage Six (Conditional): The pinnacle of his carbon manipulation is a very rare substance called Lonsdaleite. It is impossible for Savian to generate this substance by himself as he needs someone with an immense amount of strength to compress it while he molds it.. On the Mohs scale of hardness this substance clocks in at a staggering 15.8 which means anyone would be hard pressed to break it.

Skipping Steps: At his current level it is impossible for him to go from step one to step three in a useful amount of time so he MUST go from 1 to 2 to 3 and so on. But he is able to jump down in steps without much of a problem because he is regressing in stages which takes much less time.

High Superhuman Fighting Ability: Although he isn't the strongest person in the world he more than makes up for it with extremely swift reflexes and mastery of the weapons that he can make with carbon.

Power Grid:
STR: 1
SPD: 1
END: 5
INT: 5
EP: 5
FS: 5

Power Grid colours: Black and White

Character Image/Description:
Savian Graves  Animeguyseriouswhitehair-1

Roleplay Sample: (If new or new character)

Last edited by Hunter Kieff on October 26th 2011, 12:52 am; edited 2 times in total

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hunter Kieff~ You punch me in the face, I'll laugh it off. I punch you in the face, your head explodes.
Savian Graves  Hunter
Hunter Kieff
Hunter Kieff

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 50
Humor : Anything really.
Registration date : 2011-08-10

Back to top Go down

Savian Graves  Empty Re: Savian Graves

Post by Dynamic October 25th 2011, 6:06 am

Just a suggestion for your carbon powers...graphene. It's like 200 times stronger than steel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphene

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Darryl Jones, Nano-Zombie
Savian Graves  Darryl
Dynamic
Dynamic
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Number of posts : 204
Location : –noun 1. a place of settlement, activity, or residence: This town is a good location for a young doctor
Job : The job you just lost
Humor : "Are you butt dialing, becuase I swear that ass is calling me!"
Registration date : 2011-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Kieff October 26th 2011, 1:20 pm

Complete

Hunter Kieff~ You punch me in the face, I'll laugh it off. I punch you in the face, your head explodes.
Savian Graves  Hunter
Hunter Kieff
Hunter Kieff

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Kieff October 31st 2011, 12:31 pm

Bump

Savian Graves  Hunter
Hunter Kieff
Hunter Kieff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top