The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Huntsman
Erik Lancer I_icon_minitimeToday at 6:06 am by ProwlerKnight

» Fusion Frenzy
Erik Lancer I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:35 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Trigger
Erik Lancer I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:06 am by ProwlerKnight

» Taliesin
Erik Lancer I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2024, 2:26 am by Arcana

» Willy the Whale
Erik Lancer I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:30 pm by inquisitor

» Urban Commandos
Erik Lancer I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:13 am by ProwlerKnight

» Jessica Albert
Erik Lancer I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2024, 3:26 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Erik Lancer I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 10:36 pm by Vorik

» Santo Dorado
Erik Lancer I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Captain Brigade
Erik Lancer I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Graymoon Institue of the Empowered
Erik Lancer I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 6:58 am by inquisitor

» Jack Hawthorne
Erik Lancer I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 6:55 am by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
ProwlerKnight
Erik Lancer I_vote_lcapErik Lancer I_voting_barErik Lancer I_vote_rcap 
Cobalt
Cynical_Aspie

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Erik Lancer

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Erik Lancer Empty Erik Lancer

Post by Erik August 25th 2011, 4:44 am

Super Hero/Villain/Renegade/etc Name: Reaper
Title: CEO of Lancer Enterprises
Alignment: Neutral/Good
Race: Human
Hair: White, turns Black when using his powers.
Eyes: Gray
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 199lbs
Motto: "Justice is as cold as death...and the Reaper always comes calling when you don't expect him."

Costume Description/Image:
Erik always dresses in suits, generally a black suit when on a mission. Shirt and tie colors vary, but generally he sticks with the colors black, white and red. He also generally wears a plain black trench coat, sunglasses and black converse shoes. As he likes to put it, he's death with style. When in combat, Erik hides his identity by creating a bone mask out of his skeleton.

Off duty he is never seen without at least a dress shirt and tie, even when wearing jeans. When not in battle he wears his leather jacket and his pukka shell necklace, both of which were gifts from his now deceased sister. For formal occasions he can be seen in a white suit with an all bone cane.

Personality:
Erik is comfortable around people, but often prefers to be alone. He is very quiet and prefers to listen to whats going on around him, or to his music, saying hardly anything. He spends much of his time pushing himself, training in using his powers and working on his Muay Thai Chaiya. He wants to become the best hero he can be, This drive was instilled in him when he originally thought his family abandoned him because he wasn't good enough, he trains hard and almost is focused in the extreme, hoping that he will become the best. Erik is actually a very good artist, but he tends to forgo working on his art much of the time, instead focusing on training.

He is borderline Gothic, though he doesn't claim to be. If he sees anyone hit or abuse a girl in his presence, he will literally beat the crap out of them...he has a very 'I don't care' personality otherwise. He is also not a saint, and will do whatever it takes to get the job done. He is always a gentlemen with the ladies.

He is quite fond of Hard Rock music, and is generally never seen without his headphones on, even in combat.

His Sternum and Spine are always covered by bone plates, a part of his mutation, presumably to protect these vital areas. Erik is a cutter, and doesn't try to hide it. His primary reason for cutting is to strengthen his healing factor, but it also relieves emotional stress that he has forgotten how to deal with.

History:
Erik was born Erik Scott Peterson on March 11, 2004, and grew up in Detroit. His life was not easy, as his father was a drunk and very abusive to him, his mother, and his siblings. Erik grew up taking the brunt of this abuse, not wanting his mother or sisters harmed, standing between his father and them receiving the blows meant for them. He was always the closest top his little sister and more protective of her than anyone. When he was 15 his father kicked him out, fed up with his 'rebelliousness'. Erik lived on the streets for a long time, finding the odd job here and there to get some food. What little money he had left he would always give to his mother, especially when his father had to work fewer hours.

By the age of sixteen Erik had found reasonably steady work in a supermarket. However this would not last long. After working there three weeks, the store was robbed and Erik was badly beaten. It was then that Jon Lancer found him. Erik awoke with no trace of who he was, and no one knew anything about him, as Erik had kept to himself. Jon brought Erik to live with them in Texas, unofficially adopting him some time later. Jon was himself a mutant, able to see glimpses of the future, and his wife Alexis could see and enhance DNA. Jon had been impressed with Erik's desire to stand up for what was right in the supermarket. Alexis could see Erik's potential, and offered to help. Erik agreed.

Unfortunately, Erik's regenerative powers weren't up to par, which is why his body suppressed his abilities in the first place. Erik spent a month in recovery, after bones decided to sprout from his skeleton. Once recovered, Jon and Alexis sent him to the Academy for Super Powered Youth to learn to control his abilities and make them stronger. During his time at the Academy, Erik eventually regained his memories, traveling to Detroit to find his family. It was not a happy trip, however. Not too long after Erik got amnesia, his father was let go from his job. The loss of his job sent him into a downward spiral that eventually led him to murdering first his family, and then several others. At least that's what the police believed. Erik vowed to track down his father, fully intending on killing him. When he finally found his whereabouts, it turned out that the killer was actually his mother, a former villain with powers similar to Erik's, who had been thought cured. With Erik gone and his mother left to handle the brunt of her husband's fury, she finally snapped, her 'programming' overwritten. His mother eventually got away and Erik returned to the Academy a dark, broken hero.

Upon Graduation Erik went into the hero business, supported by his new parents who had officially adopted him by then. He ran into his mother and fought her several times throughout the years, though never besting her.

He has since taken over the family business as CEO of Lancer Enterprises, Though much of the day to day operations are run by his adopted sister.

Powers:
Erik was born with both Regenerative powers and the ability to manipulate bone growth, shaping these bone growths at will. His Bones and muscles have been reinforced with a natural Carbon Fiber that his body produces, making his bones as strong as folded steel, as well giving him an enhanced constitution.

Bone Abilities: (generally one at a time)
He can create bone spikes that can protrude at will from any bone
Bony Armor Plating that cover his body for defense.
18" Curved scythes that protrude from his elbows
His fingers become 12" long bone claws
Weapons made of bone (Two scythe swords, Kunai)

Erik also is adept in the Martial Arts, specifically Muay Thai Chaiya.

Equipment:
Hands of Death:Dual bracers that hide in his sleeves. These each have about 60' of micro thin cable (Nigh invisible) that can be used for combat or parkour.
A Camelbak designed into his trench coat for carrying milk.

Weaknesses
Due to the strain of his powers He has to constantly drink milk. If he goes more than an hour or two without it he can't use his bone powers. When not in combat he can drink extra milk to build up a reserve.

Power Grid:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Character Image/Description:
(Wouldn't let me post a pic Razz)
Erik has a lean Athletic build, well toned. He stands 6'2" and has a presence about him. He's been told he is a rather handsome guy, but he wouldn't know or care. He likes wearing suits and keeping his appearance neat when not in combat. His hair is naturally white, part of his mutation, but turns black when using his powers; He doesn't know why, However his hair makes him appear older than he is, which is useful in the business world.

Roleplay Sample:
Detroit - Age 15
Erik opened the door of the boxcar bathing himself in the harsh sunlight. Shielding his eyes he looked around. So this is it huh? Somehow I thought it'd be...different or something. Erik jumped from the moving train, landing in a roll on the grass next to the tracks. The hood of his gray hoodie fell back, revealing his thick mop of black hair, unkempt and unruly. His green eyes scanned his surroundings, making sure he hadn't been seen.

Erik pulled up his hood, hiding his face. His clothes were dirty from the trip and the fact that he hadn't changed them since his father kicked him out five months ago. The occasional rain kept him from stinking, but the stains of his rough existence remained. He'd been living in the slums mostly, finding whatever scraps of food he could and trying to find whatever odd jobs people were willing to give him. He was a hard worker, he didn't want handouts, he just wanted to survive.

He stuck his hands into the long leather jacket that he wore over his hoodie. It had been a present from his sister, who'd spent her piggy bank money on it at the Goodwill for him couple years back. She was almost 10 now, he worried if she'd receive the same fate as he. His family had never had it easy like the other kids at school. His dad often pulled double shifts at work just to keep food on the table. When he wasn't working, he was either sleeping or on the couch drinking. Erik had liked it when his dad was sleeping. Erik's scars had since healed, well all the physical ones anyways, save the faded scar on his right cheek, just below his eye. He still remembered each blow as his father beat him, and the broken Whiskey bottle that almost gouged out his eye. When his father got mad, and especially if he'd been drinking, whoever was closest got beat. Sometimes the closest person was Valerie, his sister. Sometimes it was his mother or his brother. Erik stood in front of them each time, taking each blow without a word. No one messed with his family and especially not his sister.

He often wondered what happened now that he wasn't there. His mother would tell him everything was alright, but Erik wasn't stupid. Erik still saw her on occasion to give her whatever little he made under the table from his odd jobs. The factory had cut back, meaning his father couldn't work doubles anymore, and so wasn't making as much. He wouldn't see his mother or siblings suffer. "Get them some pie or ice cream or something," He would always say and hand her the money. He could see in her eyes that she wanted to protest, to tell him to keep the money. But they both knew they needed it more. The last time he'd seen her was in the alley behind the small deli near their house. She'd given him a pukka shell necklace. "From Valerie...She made it for you and hopes you still remember her. And she wanted to remind you that she still loves you." It had brought tears to his eyes.

His hand touched the necklace as he made his way through the underbrush. He was her big brother, she looked up to him. He held back tears again, thinking of his family, or at least the members of his family that actually mattered.

Last edited by Erik on August 25th 2011, 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Erik
Erik

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2011-08-24

Back to top Go down

Erik Lancer Empty Re: Erik Lancer

Post by Super Cutie August 25th 2011, 5:36 am

Being born in 1995 would make him 33.

I just need to know how the EP is split between his regeneration and his bones.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Super Cutie
Super Cutie
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : idk.

Number of posts : 920
Job : yes
Humor : yes
Registration date : 2011-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Erik August 25th 2011, 5:54 am

Well he's still not sure how he got to 2028...he doesnt remember. If its a problem i can just take it out.

And it would be like 5 regen 1bone i think. Was trying to figure it out from the ep page. I think thats enough for wat he does...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:
Erik
Erik

Back to top Go down

Post by Super Cutie August 25th 2011, 6:09 am

So, he just woke up as his 24 year old self?

That's fine. I'm just curious; was he just considered missing for ten years or was it as if he'd just forgotten ten years of his life?

and that split should be fine.

Super Cutie
Super Cutie
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Erik August 25th 2011, 6:24 am

He was actually declared dead...which i think is funny considering his codename Razz (for a second i considered abducted by aliens lol)

The target he was chasing was a time manipulator. Erik was not informed of this and caught off gaurd. (u kno how vague government can be sometimes) he was shifted forward in time, the temporal displacement effecting memory. Government dissavowed all knowledge and he was labeled mia.

Thats wat i had in mind anyway...maybe its too convoluted idk.

Spoiler:
Erik
Erik

Back to top Go down

Post by Super Cutie August 25th 2011, 2:21 pm

Ok, so I just talked to one of the other @s about this and we're going to ask that you get rid of the time manipulator thing simply because we're looking to avoid that sort of character altogether. Even as an NPC.

and we ask that you split your ep 4/2

Super Cutie
Super Cutie
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Erik August 25th 2011, 2:26 pm

Edited

Spoiler:
Erik
Erik

Back to top Go down

Post by Super Cutie August 25th 2011, 2:34 pm

Approved

Super Cutie
Super Cutie
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down