The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Most Dangerous Game
Bubba Jones I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:00 pm by ghost

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Bubba Jones I_icon_minitimeApril 29th 2024, 6:24 pm by Lazarus

» Denver's Demons
Bubba Jones I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2024, 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» The Deal and The Hit
Bubba Jones I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Bubba Jones I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Bubba Jones I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Bubba Jones I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Bubba Jones I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Bubba Jones I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
Bubba Jones I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Bubba Jones I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Bubba Jones I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
Bubba Jones I_vote_lcapBubba Jones I_voting_barBubba Jones I_vote_rcap 
ghost
Bubba Jones I_vote_lcapBubba Jones I_voting_barBubba Jones I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Bubba Jones

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bubba Jones Empty Bubba Jones

Post by Bubba Jones April 30th 2011, 6:16 pm

Super Hero/Villain/Renegade/etc Name: Bubbles
Title: The Bubble Man, Mr. Bubbles
Alignment: Good
Race: African-American
Hair: Near bald
Eyes: Dark Brown
Height: 6’5”
Weight: 186 lbs.

Costume Description/Image:
Spoiler:

Personality: Despite his age, Bubba may be considered childish. In free time, he will joke around nearly non-stop with a near incomprehensive sense of humor. He is also very interested in movies/ TV /songs, and will often quote them when it is relevant, or when it’s not relevant at all He is very optimistic, and protective of his comrades. Although he still does joke around while fighting crime, he is way more serious and tries to act tougher, as a result of having the power to control bubbles and being called “Bubbles”. Bubba himself, thinks his powers are pretty good and will usually snap at almost everyone who makes fun of his powers except for the closest of friends.

History: Bubba Jones was born to Kyle and Bianca Jones in Brooklyn, NY. He had lived in what one could consider a “bad neighborhood.” It was filled with robberies, rapes, murders, etc. Bubba had wanted to learn how to fight so he could protect himself, but his parents had wanted him to just study and do well in school, saying that if he did well, he could move one to better things. Bubba listened to his parents and got good grades, as it was his main goal to please his parents.

One day when Bubba was 12, he had come home to find his house almost empty. However, the job was not done when he came, and although he barely remembers it, he was knocked unconscious by his the robbers. When he woke, he found looked around and found nearly all his stuff, including his TV, furniture, and games. However, when he took a further look around and found his parents dead, devastating him.

He later moved to a local orphanage after the murder of his parents. Actually, he wasn’t even sure if it was a murder, even though that’s what stuck in his mind. He wasn’t sure what had actually happened, or who even did it, but he knew nothing like that would ever happen again. So, in his free time, Bubba had learned how to fight, so he could hopefully take down any robbers or gangsters that tried to harm him or any of his friends.

Fortunately, as a teen, Bubba rarely had the need to fight, although some troublemakers did appear. He graduated community college at 23. Because of his intense determination to fight crime, he had looked for the police force. More specifically, he worked as an undercover cop in his neighborhood, taking down drug dealers and the like. During these times, Bubba had somewhat absorbed a criminal’s personality, being a tough guy, a bruiser of the sort.

Years later, Bubba was working on his biggest case yet. He had heard rumors that meta-humans were involved but he thought that to be only a rumor. After all, why would super villains be working with common thugs. Bubba had worked on the case for about a week when he found out that the rumors WERE true. The leader of this whole operation was a super villain, one who could apparently manipulate radiation. The super villain, smarter than expected, made his minions search him for wires, and sure enough…they found them. And it all ended in a super powered blast of radioactive energy.

Until, Bubba woke up days later in a hospital. He had barely remembered what had happened, except that he knew he was hit by some blast of radiation. When he was discharged, and checked himself to make sure that he had no strange aesthetic changes, he wondered if he had any powers. He had tried lifting heavy objects, running at super speeds, flying, but none of that had happened, although he did reach peak human state, that was not his power. To his disappointment, he later found out that he could make bubbles, after a sleep and waking up surrounded by bubbles.

In the meanwhile, the gang that Bubba had tried to crack had moved on to much larger things, such as terrorizing the city. The radioactive supervillain was leading all of this, followed by his mutated minions. Bubba had watched many cops fight and die to these…monsters. Bubba went to help them, not even thinking of the consequences. He had taken his uniform and gun and was off. He had managed to take down most of the henchmen, but the boss still remained.

Bubba, in a misfortunate turn of events, had gone on to rematch this foe, only to find his gun out of ammo. He knew that know he would die, and everything he worked for would be gone. That is, unless he somehow used his powers to fight. He had no idea what to do, so he went on instinct, making protective bubbles to block his attack until he got the upper hand. He finally finished the battle by trapping the villain in a bubble and smashing him against buildings.

Although he didn’t think it would happen, he became a super hero. He took on the names “Bubbles” when his friend suggested it to him in a sarcastic manner. He somewhat stopped his tough guy manner, and acted kind of like the way he did as a child although he does still act like that occasionally. However, he is devoted to stopping crimes, but is mostly interested in protecting others.

Powers: Bubba has the power to generate and manipulate bubbles. He is able to make bubbles of various shapes and sizes and is able to make the bubbles last far longer than regular bubbles usually do, the max being 2 hours. He can make a bubble shaped just like himself and put it around him with the effectiveness of a force field, however with weakness to slashing and electrical damage. He also has the ability to make bubbles really bouncy and can also control how much light they refract, which if he puts a bubble around himself or object can make it near invisible.

Bubba also has some offensive means of using his bubbles. He can throw bubbles at a person which violently implode on impact, causing a shockwave that can range from feeling like a little sting, to a powerful impact. Also, if Bubba concentrates (for at least 1 turn) he can do the same thing, only much stronger with the ability to cause a powerful, ranged, radial shockwave. He can control the temperature of his bubbles, which can make the bubbles freeze on impact or just freeze altogether, which he can then shatter or send it flying at foes at a high speed for just a impact similar to a bullet. Bubba can shoot blasts of liquid foam out of his hands, which he can use to put out fires, push back foes, or even make the bubbles in the foam cavitate rapidly, which can even erode through steel if given enough time.

Bubba’s bubbles can trap people (if given permission) and objects and can even move them around while they are in there (weight limit is equal to the amount of strength Bubba himself can lift.) He can make bubbles pop in such a way that the actually make light (sonoluminescence) appear in short burst and create extremely high temperatures. Bubba can make his bubbles filled with natural gas, although he can’t make the bubble explode. Although he can not make bubbles explode, he can make bubbles rapidly grow, which he can use to knock foes out of the way. A technique that Bubba made up is to use the shockwave from an violently imploding bubble to launch himself. Bubba can do this same technique to a greater extent in the water and most of his techniques in a greater extent in the water, and can even make anti-bubbles in the water.

Power Grid: (You have 22 points to spend on your Power Grid unless you can fly, in which case you have 20. Each stat can start at 6, not 7. 7 must be earned.)
STR: 3
SPD: 3
END: 5 (with personal bubble, real END is 3)
INT: 2
EP: 6
FS: 3

Character Image/Description:
Spoiler:

Roleplay Sample: (Sshhh…It’s Dynamic guys,,, but don’t tell anyone,)

Last edited by Bubba Jones on April 30th 2011, 9:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Bubba Jones
Bubba Jones

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2011-04-30

Back to top Go down

Bubba Jones Empty Re: Bubba Jones

Post by Arcana April 30th 2011, 7:06 pm

I love this app :luv: i see nuthing wrong at all with it. You explain your power and where it comes from. Tell pretty much all it can do. I move to have this app approved Spidey
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 2473
Job : Nothing
Humor : [19:12:48] @ Forceaus : Shouldn't be hard to beat. It's only like a centimeter long.
Registration date : 2011-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Danger April 30th 2011, 9:28 pm

If your bubbles can make a shield then they need a different EP score than the offense. A 4 offense/ 2 Shield would work.
Danger
Danger
Administrator
Administrator

Quote : "Totally saved Sadie."

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2011-03-01

http://spirit-corgi.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubba Jones April 30th 2011, 9:34 pm

Well, it's kind of a manipulation so isn't that like included in it or something...
Bubba Jones
Bubba Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Bliss April 30th 2011, 10:01 pm

Now it looks like it will work in the way that you described it. I'll approve.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Bliss

Mitsy's Boutique

-<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>-

Bubba Jones D3d4aa511c4d025601eecb3540adc5f1

-<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>-
Bliss
Bliss
Owner
Owner

Quote : I'm pretty much the Captain Kirk of this place when I'm not too busy being the Han Solo.

Number of posts : 2166
Job : Exerter of feminine "Whiles"
Humor : [16:00:27] devistation : bliss you only bann me because you are scared you use your moderator powers to get rid of people u know is right but hate because they are right but if anything there is treatment for your disease of being scared of better people so you should go by some have fun bye bye
Registration date : 2010-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubba Jones April 30th 2011, 10:05 pm

Now I should be asked what colors I want for my powergrid, right? light blue and a darker blue.
Bubba Jones
Bubba Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Bliss May 1st 2011, 5:40 pm

Moved to approved section.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Bliss

Mitsy's Boutique

Bubba Jones D3d4aa511c4d025601eecb3540adc5f1

Bliss
Bliss
Owner
Owner

Quote : I'm pretty much the Captain Kirk of this place when I'm not too busy being the Han Solo.

Number of posts : 2166
Job : Exerter of feminine "Whiles"
Humor : [16:00:27] devistation : bliss you only bann me because you are scared you use your moderator powers to get rid of people u know is right but hate because they are right but if anything there is treatment for your disease of being scared of better people so you should go by some have fun bye bye
Registration date : 2010-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top