The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Most Dangerous Game
The Sword of the water god and such - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2024, 8:00 pm by ghost

» A Demon In The City of Angels
The Sword of the water god and such - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 29th 2024, 6:24 pm by Lazarus

» Denver's Demons
The Sword of the water god and such - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2024, 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» The Deal and The Hit
The Sword of the water god and such - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
The Sword of the water god and such - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
The Sword of the water god and such - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
The Sword of the water god and such - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
The Sword of the water god and such - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
The Sword of the water god and such - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
The Sword of the water god and such - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
The Sword of the water god and such - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
The Sword of the water god and such - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
The Sword of the water god and such - Page 3 I_vote_lcapThe Sword of the water god and such - Page 3 I_voting_barThe Sword of the water god and such - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 
ghost
The Sword of the water god and such - Page 3 I_vote_lcapThe Sword of the water god and such - Page 3 I_voting_barThe Sword of the water god and such - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

The Sword of the water god and such

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sword of the water god and such - Page 3 Empty Re: The Sword of the water god and such

Post by Nightshade April 25th 2011, 9:12 am

Alice slowly backed away from the man at his words... but... he still didn't seem hostile, even when he took out the knife. Besides an attacker would have already been ready with a weapon in his hands... unless he was the stupidest attacker ever. Just as she was about to point that out though, she found a tendril of water grabbing her and pulling back towards Sean as he started his attack. "WAIT! I DON'T THINK HE'S HOSTILE!" Alice shouted frantically. She watched as Brightside prepared for a fight as well, "C'mon!!!!" she said, exasperated, "Can't you guys WAIT!?"

Nightshade
Posting Master
Posting Master

Number of posts : 413
Registration date : 2011-02-13

Back to top Go down

The Sword of the water god and such - Page 3 Empty Re: The Sword of the water god and such

Post by Hound April 26th 2011, 11:49 am

Hound had only a few seconds to make a choice as the water manipulator attacked with out hesitation. He could dodge the water whip like it was a wrench and he was practising for a dodge ball tournament, which would result in the water boy's continued attack with high quality H2O, and that would lead to Hound having to try and knock him unconscious to stop the attacks. Doing so he could gamble that sparkle-sparkle rainbow man would listen, but judging by the way those two appear to be butt buddies, he would more than likely prefer to serve up Hound's head on a platter to water boy, rather than listen.

On the other hand he could simply take the attack, be possibly injured so badly that he could not fight, then they summon the creature, and he now gets a free tasty meal out of Hound who is already knocked out for the count. Still the faint hope that they might see that he willing took the attack and call off the assault long enough to learn why.

Only a split second before the attack landed the girl screamed and pleaded for them to stop and Hound knew what he had to do. He firmly planted his feet and prepared to accept the attack head on.

Interesting how the teenage girl was clearly the most rational of the group. And they say women are crazy. Well, as papa Smurf always says. If you can't Smurf them, Smurf them, and then Smurf them again for good measure while they are Smurfing.

The whip lashed across Hound's face, drawing blood as it tore through his flesh and taking a considerable piece of his beard with it The second attack was a razor sharp ice spear which pierced his left lung. Hound coughed blood as he reached up and summoning all his strength, yanked the ice spear out of his chest.

He dropped to his knees, but he was still conscious, just in a lot of pain. A very large amount of pain. Mamoth size pain. Pain that surprised even him. Turns out, a collapsed lung, filling with blood and other fluids, not so much fun.

Still he managed to force his right hand to point at the girl, then he brought his hand to his face and tapped his nose. Hopefully, they could figure it out from there.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hound, The Tracker, The Archer, The Hunter
The Sword of the water god and such - Page 3 Hound110
The Sword of the water god and such - Page 3 Hound3
Voth, The Lizard King
The Sword of the water god and such - Page 3 Voth
The Sword of the water god and such - Page 3 Voth-1
Hound
Hound

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 80
Job : Military
Registration date : 2011-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana April 27th 2011, 2:02 am

What Alice said seemed to snap him out of hs rage. "Oh shit." Sean cursed. As the water fell down to the ground harmless. He realized he made a huge mistake. He killed this guy cause of a misunderstanding. Pain was gonna kill him. Punch his teeth out as he said. Sean ddin't need that. He was fond of his teeth. No need to get them punched out. Sean facepalmed. Biting his lower lip hard. What woulld Brightside think of this? Would he ahte him? Sean hoed not. That would only add to the injury. Sean buried his face into Brightsides chest. As if doing so would make what he did go away. Thats just how his mind worked.
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 2473
Job : Nothing
Humor : [19:12:48] @ Forceaus : Shouldn't be hard to beat. It's only like a centimeter long.
Registration date : 2011-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Brightside April 27th 2011, 6:33 pm

Brightside was confused, to say the least. The Sasquatch, it turned out, didn't look so much like a Sasquatch with some of it's beard cut off. Then the girl had shouted something about it not being hostile (which makes no fucking sense, it- HE even said he was going to kill us!). But most importantly, right after Sean attacked the hairy man, he believed the strange girl - the one that had just randomly popped up and followed them was apparently trustworthy in Sean's eyes. Overall, he was too stunned to react to Sean's sudden hugging. He stared at the slowly dying...whatever he was, letting it all sink in. "Wait...if he's not bad....shouldn't someone at least stop the bleeding?" After a moment of thought, Brightside realized that he should probably do it quickly, before the poor man bled out. Gently pushing aside Sean, he rushed over to the wounded man, preparing a bandage of energy to attempt to hold in the blood. It wasn't exactly a perfect fix - the poor guy had already lost alot of blood - but considering that neither he nor Sean could heal, it was the best that he could do.

Then, something odd happened. Whilst Brightside was "wrapping" his bandage around the man, the blood wasn't pooling behind him - instead, it was forming small rivers, rivlets that followed the indents where one stone met another, all flowing towards the waterfall. Moving quickly, the red, undiluted fluid flowed against the will of physics, apparently moving with some sort of sentience. Then it dropped off at where the falls began, the flow finally running out as the hairy man stopped bleeding. Then, nothing stirred but the water, endlessly falling down to the depths.

But below the falls, a far, far away sound could be heard, echoing in the abyss: The cry of the hungry, ready for a feast.
Mr. Brightside
Mr. Brightside

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2011-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightshade April 27th 2011, 7:13 pm

Alice sighed in relief when they stopped, running up to Hound to try and help stop the bleeding. In her haste, she didn't notice the obvious intimancy between Sean and Brightside. "No shit sherlock!" Alice yelled sarcastically at Brightside as he suggested they stop the blood. She watched as he made a bandage made out of bright energy, As she watched Brightside wrap the bandage around hound, she noticed the blood flowing quite strangely as well. "What the hell?" she muttered, watching as it flowed impossibly fast towards the waterfall. She had a really bad feeling about this, it seemed too much like a blood sacrifice for her. She held her breath, watching as Hound seemed to stop bleeding, watching as all the blood flowed to the falls. She watched when the last of the blood disappeared, still holding her breath... something was going to happen, she knew it. The, she heard it, a nearly undescribably sound... either way though, whatever beast it came from... it wanted blood. "I knew it!" she muttered, pointing towards the falls.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Coraline Li
EXP
Nightshade
Nightshade
Posting Master
Posting Master

Quote : "I'm gonna fucking die."

Job : Dying
Humor : Help

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound April 27th 2011, 8:14 pm

Despite being skewed a moment ago, Hound was impressed how fast everyone seemed to catch on. The water manipulator's scent changed from rage to fear in a flash. You see, that old wives tail about animals smelling fear is true to a certain extent. The chemical composition of sweat does change depending on the emotional state of the person.

The light-bright man and the young girl moved to assist Hound, while the water boy seemed frozen in place. Hound found it difficult to read the light manipulator, his smell was not that of sweat, in fact, being so close, he could tell the man wasn't human. Or rather what ever kind of mutation he had, had changed his biology to such a degree he no longer sweated like a human.

The girl on the other hand was easy to read like a book, it was refreshing to meet someone who spoke her mind so easily. She also seemed the most compassionate.

Hound was so absorbed in analysing those around him he didn't notice the strange blood flow until it was too late. Much too late. He had failed, no, more than that, his worst fear came true, Hound had become the catalyst. With out him, they wouldn't have had reason to shed blood, they wouldn't have awakened what lived here.

The howl echoed through the chamber, forcing Hound to stand, much to everyone's surprise. Despite his knees being shaky, and his breathing laboured, his wounds already appeared weeks old. The only real problem that remained was the lung filled with blood, an average human body has an incredibly hard time reabsorbing blood through the lungs, and typically the body forces it out through coughing or have it pumped out in a hospital. Unfortunately Hound was not surprising his gage reflex, as he feared the additional blood would further provoke the creature.

He turned to the rainbow man who seemed to have the powers to create force field like structures out of light, "Protect. Girl." Hound said with a grunt.

The Tracker drew his blade and turned to the water manipulator and pointed towards where the howl came from. "We. Hunt."

Hound really needed to practise talking more.

Voth, The Lizard King
Hound
Hound

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana April 28th 2011, 3:01 pm

Sean looked at the man who got up after that attack. He had healing? Thank god. A howling caught his ear. It was beastial and hungry. Filling Sean was a fear that was primal. He feared it. Yet the man expected him to hunt it. Hunt what?!? What the hell was it? Some kind of demon? Giant wolves? Pain trying to read a book? Whatever it was. Something was threatening. "Sure whatever." Sean shrigged as water condensed from the moist air. Forming a ring of water around him. Well two thick rings of water. To use against whatever was there. Sean approached the hobo. "When your ready we can go."
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Humor : [19:12:48] @ Forceaus : Shouldn't be hard to beat. It's only like a centimeter long.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Brightside April 28th 2011, 8:49 pm

A deep, male voice resonated from the abyss, echoing off the stone walls. "Sister....please aid the mortals, if they are injured...Oceanus would be must displeased if the temple were the site of...such slayings. " A hissing, incomprehensible, answered the voice. Then, silence.

"Uh, what am I protecting her from, exactly? Scary voices?" Brightside raised a brow at the crazy hobo, but couldn't deny that he was scared too; there was a quality to the voice, like some sort of authority that was hard to ignore, that inspired awe...and terror. It didn't exactly make him sink to his knees, but he would have been lying if he said he was fine. This whole situation is just getting worse and worse, he thought, essence forming around his hand, ready to spring into a weapon or wrap around the girl.

Then, at the waterfall, a dark shape flew up the stream, nearly faster than the eye could see. A moment later, the shadow in the water returned; no facial features could be seen, the running water obscuring the image but not the silhouette. It looked, oddly enough, like a mermaid, but where the tail would end in a fin, it was simply snake-like. It sat there, unphased by the current rushing down, watching the rag-tag group. Then, quick as lightning, it darted out of the water.

It's upper body was that of a woman - though her skin was blue, her hair was sea-green, and her ears were fins. The lower half, however, was like an aquatic serpent, ridges of fins running along the back of the tail. With her tail supporting her, she "stood" more than 6 feet tall, and she eyed the group with monstrous hunger. More importantly, however... her mouth was covered in blood.

She hissed at the group, as if unable to form words, and rushed at the very center of them all, attempting to crash into them.
Mr. Brightside
Mr. Brightside

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightshade April 28th 2011, 10:25 pm

Alice sighed in relief when she saw that Hound was fine, it seemed that he had a healing factor of sorts. Though she quickly felt a twinge of irritation when the man told Brightside to protect her, but it was tempered by the knowledge that he didn't know about her powers. But it still showed when she huffed slightly. She observed hound curiously, his speech was quite stunted, but he didn't seem mentally challenged... she shrugged, deciding to maybe ask later... just maybe, he was kinda scary.

But of course, something even scarier just has to happen doesn't it? Her eyes widened as the male voice echoed through the room, it was... commanding and she somehow knew that whatever was behind it... it was gonna be powerful. Then Brightside decided to spout out a snarky comment about protecting her, she glared at him for a moment, that's when something popped out of the waterfall, it was quite silent though, so it escaped Alice's notice. But she certainly saw it when it popped out of the water. Her first thought was, "Snakemaid!!!", as it seemed to be a mix between a mermaid and a snake of sorts. Alice stared at the woman, and at the blood all over her mouth, but before she could point, it started to rush them.

"SHIT!!!" Alice yelled, instinctively reaching for the mass of darkness behind her. She then crossed her arms in front of her in the universal guard signal, causing the darkness behind them to shift for a moment before rushing forward to create a barrier between them and the snake woman. The barrier was about 10 ft. tall, and seemed quite durable. She relished in the relative ease it took for her to use her powers... she'd have to thank Wally later, his advice certainly helped. Alice glanced behind her, looking at the wall of darkness... there was so much! She tried to see if there was an end... somehow though, there didn't seem to be an end! Alice shuddered slightly, bringing her attention back to maintaining the barrier, it was scary how it seemed to beckon for her... she sighed, life was so complicated these days.

Coraline Li
EXP
Nightshade
Nightshade
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound April 29th 2011, 2:44 am

Hound can honestly say, in seven years of fighting supernatural beings in the Majestic Rocky Mountains of Canada, is that he never once fought a God.

But now, before him, a creature appeared which honestly looked like a Naga. A creature thought to be only of myth, in the Hindu and Buddha religions. In general the term Naga refers to a deity taking the form of a snake humanoid hybrid. Females of said being were typically called Nagi. A surprisingly cute and harmless sounding name for such a fear inspiring creature.

Now, a Nagi was charging him. Not exactly what he planned for the day, still she was clearly intelligent. From the earlier howl, he expected a non sentient life form.. This changed things. She could be talked down, negotiated with. But how does a man who can barely speak due to total isolation from all things that can speak for a full seven years communicate.

He looked to water boy, the person who was an attack first, cry later, kind of fellow. Next he glanced at rainbow bright, he seemed to be very negative person, and not exactly a diplomat. Lastly he looked to the young woman, so far she mostly spoke from the heart, which can be both good and bad. Then she did something he didn't expect, she acted.

Hound took a step back in awe, she had generated a giant barrow, created from what appeared to be shadows. She didn't chant, or wave her hands or dance in a special way, so she seemed to be a shadow manipulator, not a caster of some sort. A water and shadow manipulator in a wet and dark place, well at least they had plenty of ammo. Still he had to stop this before blood was shed in the tiniest hope blood shed could be prevented.

Taking a deep breath, Hound focused all of his concentration, any second that Nagi was going to collide with the shadow barrier, and the fight would begin. This place was clearly a place of importance, maybe even a temple, and she was clearly it's protector, and judging by the male voice, not alone.

He had to try. Hound knelt and raised placed his blade upon his upon palms and raised it up towards the charging Nagi. "P-Protector o-o-of this pl-pl-please." He shouted with all his will power, he had to speak, he had to force the words through. "C-calm your f-f-f-fury we mean n-no ha-ha-harm."

At least Hound would be the first one to be hit if she didn't listen. I mean, what's the worse that could happen? She breaks his neck, he heals, no harm, no foul.

Voth, The Lizard King
Hound
Hound

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana April 29th 2011, 4:44 am

As if things were getting bad enough as it was. Now a fucking mermaid? What was with all of this? It lunged at him,Brightside,Alice and the hobo. Sean reacted. As the water came in a powerful rush against the mermaid beast. At a speed and force strong enough to tear through tempered steel. Which wasn't his full power. Not close to it. As the water also moved from another angle. Making crooked spikes of ice aiming to skewer her. Sean was not intending to let her live. He wanted to just get what he came for and leave. Not deal with this shit. It was getting rediculous. "Bright, back up i'll deal with it." Sean said as he took a little stance. Eyes narrowing in an intense expression. Ready for anything to come.
((OOC:sorry if its still too short))
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Brightside April 29th 2011, 5:36 am

The creature hissed again, angrily slamming against the barrier with inhuman force, twisting and crying out in pain as the water scraped off her scales. She barely escaped the icy spikes, before twisting again and slithering quickly to get around the barrier and away from the deadly obstacles.

"Fuck." Brightside, thankfully, had prepared a shield to defend both himself and the girl if need be. However, once it became apparent that she had powers of her own, Brightside had shrunk his shield to protect himself more ably. And now the hobo is getting on his knees to pray to...fish lady. Brightside growled to himself. What the fuck. He found he had no more time to wonder at the crazy man's actions, as the creature had bypassed the barrier and was already starting her attack anew. Brightside gritted his teeth and rushed at her, attempting to charge her with his shield. Sadly, it wasn't quite as effective as he had hoped; the naga-thing swept her arm and he was sent skidding across the floor, nearly touching the darkness.

Turning towards the crazed hobo, the creature made a sound that was oddly not unlike laughter. Slowly, casually, moving up to him, she smiled with her pretty, blood covered face....just before she slashed her hand at him, lightning fast.
Mr. Brightside
Mr. Brightside

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound April 29th 2011, 5:52 am

Well that plan went sour fast. Still, like a man at a sperm bank, it was worth a shot. I mean, how silly would this all be if this could just be resolved with a "I'm sorry," instead of a "OH MY GOD MY SPLEEN!" I mean it just made common sense to try. Right?

Still as the large claw raced towards Hound's face, he couldn't help but feel disappointed in the being's decision. The tracker did a back roll, dodging the claw. They were equal speed, but as her claw struck the slab of stone below and shattered it, it was clear their strength was quite different.

What it would probably come down to was strategy, and of course numbers. She was currently outnumbered, three range attackers, and one melee. This could work, Hound just had to keep his head on his shoulders. If he could keep her distracted, all the better.

As he finished rolling backwards Hound already had his blow dart drawn and took a shot. To his dismay, the needles bounced off her scaly hide. Which meant he either had to make her drink the tranquilliser, or stab her in the eye with it.

The burly man dashed forward, he hoped one of the others would strike her any minute now and create an opportunity for him, Hound's aim was to climb up her back to get to her head.

Voth, The Lizard King
Hound
Hound

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightshade April 29th 2011, 1:39 pm

Alice watched as the fight began, taking down the barrier since it now seemed a bit useless. The woman had barely been hurt, avoiding the brunt of Sean's attack. She frowned slightly, it was very agile that was for sure. She absentmindedly noted that Hound was trying to communicate, but it obviously didn't work, shown when the lady started to slash at him. She sighed in relief when he avoided it and returned the attack with an ineffective dart. She looked back at the darkness, where Brightside stood, nearly passing through. "I think you should get away from the... darkness. There's no end to it... one could get lost." Alice shuddered slightly, remembering how empty it was. She knew she couldn't move too far from it though... that's where her power was. With that, Alice raised her hands in front of her and thrust forward, sending some shadow spikes flying towards the snake lady... she really hoped it would work.

Coraline Li
EXP
Nightshade
Nightshade
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana April 30th 2011, 12:44 pm

The snake lady didn't get hurt by the attacks at all. Sean cursed as she attacked the hobo sasquach man. This was getting tricky. Though Sean ahd fought more powerful bitches than her. Try fighting Pain. Toughest bitch ever. The water moved fast. GOing to slam into her in a high pressured stream. Mostly to push her away from the dirty guy. Since he wasn't bad,at least he deserved this much. SO Sean decided attack the mermaid bitch. Not the dirty sasquach hobo who stalked them. thought hatwas weird in itself. Why would he follow them? Was he a creeper? Damn Sean ahted creepy people. They were just creepy. Thats why he liked Brightside. Aside from him being a plasma being he was a nice guy. So Sean loved that about him.
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kander April 30th 2011, 6:42 pm

The crazed monster hissed again as shadowy spikes stabbed into her, piercing through her scales and drawing blood. Then, the burst of water summoned by Sean knocked her over, though it didn't knock her back as much as it should have. Greenish blood oozed from her wounds, but she showed no signs of letting up; if anything, she looked more infuriated than she was before.

Brightside, who could only get up slowly due to the freezing cold at his back, was nearly ready to attack the fish creature. The girl's warning about the cold was ignored (Get lost? What the fuck?), but the sounds of continued struggle were not. He morphed his shield into a spear, and (more importantly) formed a wall behind him, cutting off the cold darkness and preventing him from being knocked into it should the fish-lady attack him again. He attempted a stance not unlike the javelin throwers in the Olympics (though, sadly, lacking alot of the form), and launched his weapon with both his own strength and his force.

Though the spear hit the creature dead on, it only managed a shallow cut on her back. She turned towards him then, hissing angrily and made a move to rush at him.
Kander
Kander

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top