The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Drake - Hurricane Drake - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Drake - Hurricane Drake - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Drake - Hurricane Drake - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Drake - Hurricane Drake - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Drake - Hurricane Drake - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Drake - Hurricane Drake - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Drake - Hurricane Drake - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Drake - Hurricane Drake - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Drake - Hurricane Drake - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
Drake - Hurricane Drake - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Drake - Hurricane Drake - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Drake - Hurricane Drake - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Cynical_Aspie
Drake - Hurricane Drake - Page 5 I_vote_lcapDrake - Hurricane Drake - Page 5 I_voting_barDrake - Hurricane Drake - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 
Tybrid
Drake - Hurricane Drake - Page 5 I_vote_lcapDrake - Hurricane Drake - Page 5 I_voting_barDrake - Hurricane Drake - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 
SicilianDragon
Vorik

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Hurricane Drake

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Drake - Hurricane Drake - Page 5 Empty Re: Hurricane Drake

Post by Sul-Fury March 31st 2011, 9:55 pm

They were fighting for their lives, against a foe that could not be attacked or stopped. The structure was unstable but Sean and Alice were trying their best to prevent it from collapsing on the people below. Creaks and snapping sounds sounded off alarms all around them, and it was difficult to predict. Objects outside the structure punished the building, along with the winds itself threatening to obliterate the people within. The whole in the wall was letting too much debris in, objects flung around the room whizzing past Sean and Alice. One blast would kill them at the velocity the objects were thrown at. Even if Sean froze it, the hole would be blasted through time and time again. It seemed like the current of the winds was flowing in a specific direction that made most of the debris punish that side of the building.

The hurricane was almost like a cloud of dust, objects being difficult to predict or sense. Sul was getting more and more unable to predict debris flying at them. A beam of steel whizzed overhead and impaled the wall behind them. It could have been Sean. Sul had to do something. He walked towards the hole in the wall with his arm outstretched. The closer he got, the less room the winds had to blow objects indoors. Steel, plastic and wooden objects pelted him in the head and torso. The objects would make an impact and occasionally knock his shoulder or head back but he would press forward as if they didn't happen. They were at high velocities, Sul could still feel the pain but it wouldn't crack his thick skin. As he approached the crevice he stood at the opening, placing his spread out palms on the ceiling, and extended his legs to position himself so that limited debris could fly through the gaps.

It would work, for now. A crack started to develop in the middle of the wall. It rapidly made its way around the perimeter of the building. Several cracks started to appear all around. The building wouldn't stand. "Get down in the basement with the others, this place won't hold!" Sul-Fury shouted over the booming wind. The girl may listen and flee for safety, but he knew Sean would protest for Sul's safety. It wasn't long ago that Sean saved him from drowning, one of Sul's many weaknesses. But this wasn't the same. This time, Sean was the one in trouble. And it was up to Sul to stop him from getting killed. He had a prepared objection for Sean's defiance. "Just go Sean, I'll be alright! You won't!" The debris started to pick up, pelting Sul in the jaw throwing his head to the side. A random bowling ball slammed against his knee causing it to falter for but a second. The spherical projectile turned to powder and fragments on the blow. "Trust me! I need you to make sure those below survive. I'm counting on you! Please do this for me!"

Sul-Fury
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 598
Registration date : 2010-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana March 31st 2011, 10:07 pm

The storm picked up. Becoming more intense. Then Sul made his move. he was trying to stop, or at least slow the flow of debris into the building. It seemed sound in theory. Yet somethign didn't set well with Sean. Even if Sul was able to wistand most thrown his way. He wouldn't be able to stop everything. A car maybe?

He opened his mouth to object Suls suggestion. Which was quickly dismissed as he was told not to stay. Part of him wanted to stay and help. While another part cemanded he run away. Self preservation got the best of him. He looked for Alice. "Come on we gotta go" He yelled to her. Running towards the basement entrance. Then he turned around yelling as loud as possible. "Don't you dare die Sul." he tried to yell over the wind. Hopefully he wouldn't. Worry assailed him. Worry that his frined would die and he was unable to help. With that he entered the basement. Hoping Alice chose to follow him.
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 2473
Job : Nothing
Humor : [19:12:48] @ Forceaus : Shouldn't be hard to beat. It's only like a centimeter long.
Registration date : 2011-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightshade April 1st 2011, 5:11 pm

At this point, all Alice could make of the situation was that there was a hole in the wall, things that could kill her and Sean were flying towards them, and Sul was blocking them all. She focused on keeping the pillars intact, but she knew that sooner or later, something would fly past Sul and hit her or she'd overuse her powers... neither choices were very inviting to say the least. She suddenly noticed Sul moving towards the hole, shielding the gap with his body, as he did so, the building started to collapse.

Alice then heard Sul's voice over the roaring wind, telling her and Sean to get inside. She hesitated for a moment, not sure whether she should stay or not. But then Sean ran past her, telling her to get downstairs. Aloce nodded, following him, as she ran, she prayed that they would all survive. She quickly entered the basements, her pillars still holding but they were slowly collapsing from the barrage of projectiles and her own fatigue. "Should I help seal the door!?" she yelled towards Sean.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Coraline Li
EXP
Nightshade
Nightshade
Posting Master
Posting Master

Quote : "I'm gonna fucking die."

Number of posts : 413
Job : Dying
Humor : Help
Registration date : 2011-02-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sul-Fury April 1st 2011, 10:22 pm

The two made their way to the basement, and Sul-Fury broke the chains off himself that were tied to the two fellow heroes before turning his head to the storm. The cracks in the walls grew more and more, and this was only the ground level. The upper levels of the structure had to have been damaged even further. The structure started to collapse on Sul-Fury's side and the Building tilted on its side threatening to topple. He flexed his leg and arm muscles as he supported the structure as if he were a supporting beam himself. He grit his teeth as the large apartment building was unfathomable tons of pressure on his body. He had hoped the two had reached the basement by now.

The wind velocity started eating away at the building, peeling it apart brick by brick, wall by wall. Sul's body got punished by several unidentified objects that were flung at rapid speeds but he had to ignore the pain and focus his strength on the building. The walls all around him got cracked to the point where the walls completely collapsed, pushing all of the weight of the floors above him onto his tough physical hide. The building he had been supporting with his hands were now braced on his shoulders, and his legs were in the squatting position and threatening to give out. Slowly but surely, his legs flexed as he started to stand back on his feet. Then afterwards, used the strength of his arms to lift the entire structure over his head. With a loud yell he threw his arms up straight, and the building teetered over to its side and fell to the ground out of harms way.

Sul-Fury was now completely unprotected by the storm. The people below should be safe as long as Sean and Alice sealed off the basement. He couldn't see a thing, dust was flying all around. Debris was punishing his body every millisecond, causing him to step backwards after every hit, it was threatening to knock the large heavy man down on his back. A large shadowy object flew at him in the distance and he only had seconds to react. A garbage truck came rolling on its side and hit Sul like a bowling pin. The two objects rolled together for a large distance, separating Sul from Alice and Sean's distance. Eventually Sul separated himself from the truck and it kept rolling on in the distance and disappeared into the shadowy darkness. He got on his hands and knees but was trying to catch his breath still, simultaneously getting pelted in the legs, arms, spine and head. He couldn't ignore the pain, he felt it. It wouldn't crack his skin but it still could knock the wind out of him. All he had to do now was ride out the storm.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Click for Sul-Fury's Profile Information
Drake - Hurricane Drake - Page 5 Sullz2_zpsehmnrnvg
Sul-Fury
Sul-Fury
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "You think you're tougher than me, punk?"

Humor : HE CAN ROTATE MARS?!

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana April 1st 2011, 10:36 pm

Forcing the basement door shut. he commanded all the water he could to come ove the door. Freezing and compacting into a thick ice sheet. Anchoring down into the wall. Making sure th ice was thick and sturdy enough. Sean wiped the sweat from his forehead. Walking down deeper intot he basement. Till he reached a room where the survivors were all together. It seemed sturdy enough. Well enough to weather the storm. Satisfied Sean leaned against the wall farthest away from the people. Wishing he had an ipod. Something to get his mind off of this. So he sat down legs crossed and closed his eyes. Meditating. Hoping to maybe fall asleep. Though also hoping he wasn't haunted by nightmares. So there he sat. Waiting out the storm. Hoping he didn't lose a friend.
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Humor : [19:12:48] @ Forceaus : Shouldn't be hard to beat. It's only like a centimeter long.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightshade April 5th 2011, 12:03 am

As Sean sealed the door with a thick, probably impenetratable ice, Alice had to feel a bit... well... a bit unneeded. As this thought crossed her mind, she felt the shadow pillars collapse from the strain of holding the building up and being bombarded by whatever debris that was flying through the air. She looked at the wall of ice, worry written on her face, she really hoped that Sul would be fine... but she had a feeling that he wasn't doing so good right now. But really, she couldn't do much without putting her own life in danger and making Sul save her own ass which probably wouldn't help anyone in the long run. So with a sigh, she made her way down the stairs, eyes closed the whole time since it was pretty dark, making it easier to use her mental map then her nonexistant night vision. Once she finally made it down, she realized that Sean was... well... he was just sitting there. Alice shook her head in exasperation before starting to pace nervously, she really didn't feel good about this. They were underground for pete's sake with only a wall of ice protecting them from debris and flooding... she had no idea how Sean was relaxing. She "glanced" around the room, well... atleast everyone was safe.

Coraline Li
EXP
Nightshade
Nightshade
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sul-Fury April 5th 2011, 6:21 pm

The group had delayed the hurricane as long as they could, but now the structure was completely demolished. The barriers held by Sean and Alice threatened to falter but the storm started to die down by the minute. The total length of the damage wave was several hours, but started to leave Florida City and move further northwest. As the winds died down, Sul got up to his feet and started to walk back to the apartment complex where the civilians, Sean and Alice were fortified. He hoped they were safe but something deep down told him they would be fine.

The hurricane was active still but barely pushing objects around. Sul made his way easily to the complex and waited out the storm. When it was relatively clear, he made his way to the group of people underneath the surface. Though he had been up in the midst of the storm he appeared unharmed. "The storm's over, we can expect the local authorities to come to the aid with emergency vehicles with the needed supplies for you all. Good work people, I hope next time those who hadn't heed the warning to get to shelter next time."

He whipped his head motioning Sean to come along, as he put his earpiece in his ear. He spoke to the helicopter pilot that had previously dropped them off in the danger zone. "The skies are clear and we're ready for pickup, mission was a success." The pilot confirmed and headed towards their location.

Sul-Fury
Sul-Fury
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana April 5th 2011, 8:22 pm

Releif flooded through Sean. All of this was over. he let out a sigh of relief. Placing his hands in his pockets. Getting in a standing postition. Walking out of the basement. Allowing the fortifications to fall. Melting away into the waters. He had survived. So had Sul which gave him hope. He looked around at the area. the apartment complex they were under not to long ago was destroyed. "Whoa" He said absent mindedly, Never had he seen a display of nature this strong. Well except for when he lost control of his powers. Sending a shudder through his spine. Hating the memories of that day. Pushing them back inot the depths of his mind.

Noticing Sul standing there. Alive and mostly unhurt. Sean approached him, a look of relief plain. "Glad to see your alright." he said smiling. Eyes scanning the damage around them. Buildings completely trashed. It was sad to say the least. Well at least noone he could save was dead. He didn't need more lives on his mind. More to haunt him in his nigtmares. Now he could leave. So he vowed never to do something so stupid like this again. Not at his level anyway.
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightshade April 8th 2011, 12:23 am

Alice sat in the basement, fidgeting the whole time, but soon, she realized something… it was quieter. Then, Sul, no worse for wear, appeared, bearing wonderful news… the storm was over. As Sul motioned for Sean, Alice stood up as well, watching the two of them go up into the surface before following. She gasped, the building was completely destroyed. “That’s mother nature for ya.” she thought, a bit in shock. She stood in the shadows, hoping to remain unseen as the two men reunited. She looked out in the distance, hoping her mother would be alright… or at least not dead.

After a while of simply looking at the retreating storm, she stepped out of the shadows, moving towards Sul and Sean. “Um… so what now?” she asked hesitantly, looking up at the two. She was pretty sure they were going to get out… but… she still needed to find her mother. She watched the two of them silently, waiting for an answer.

Coraline Li
EXP
Nightshade
Nightshade
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sul-Fury April 8th 2011, 3:41 pm

Their mission was successful, they had kept the unsafe citizens from harm. If any other rescues were done, it would be done by governmental means. The hurricane was over, which meant it was safe to go look for survivors. Sul and Sean could now leave the area and head back with news of their first mission success. Alice however posed a question. What now? She was young, frail. She needed time to become a heroine. He couldn't even consider her joining the Tough Guys. She was still with her mother after all, she couldn't be over 16 years old. She may prove to be an ally in the future, but not for now. For now, she merely had an aspiration, he hoped.

"I'm not sure if your mother was here at the apartment complex. Hundreds of survivors flocked here for safety. If she isn't here, there are several rescue teams on the way here to Florida City. Our mission is complete, Sean and I need to head back out of here. I hope your mother is safe."

The helicopter closed in on Sean and Sul's location. He could see it approaching rapidly. "I think this is where we separate, friend. I am Sul-Fury, and this is Sean. But I don't think we got your name." he said, as the helicopter lowered and increased the sound waves making it hard to hear. Sul-Fury climbed into the helicopter and helped Sean get on as it didn't exactly land on the surface.

"Until next time then. We'll meet again, I'm sure of it!" he shouted over the sound of the helicopter. It took off and flew off into the distance, back towards where the sail barge was located off the coast.

((End of topic for me. You two may post one more and then we'll count up a tally.))

Sul-Fury
Sul-Fury
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana April 8th 2011, 5:49 pm

((OOC:im done to. So if you want count the tally up :3))
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sul-Fury April 8th 2011, 7:16 pm

(Sul-Fury - 7,060 words
Wallacewells17 - 4,757 words
Jejune Nightshade - 4,202 words, plus final post)

Sul-Fury
Sul-Fury
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightshade April 9th 2011, 10:43 am

Alice nodded, her anxiety still not calmed, there were way to many what ifs for he comfort... but it seems that there was no used whipping herself into a frenzy. Just as she was about to tell Sul her name, the helicopter lowered, causing her to put her hands over her ears from the noise. She waved as they flew away, yeah... she had a feeling that they'd meet again... it's a small world after all. She sighed, sitting down among the rubble, waiting for the rescue teams to come....

(Doneeeeee!!!!! XD)

Coraline Li
EXP
Nightshade
Nightshade
Posting Master
Posting Master