The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Drake - Hurricane Drake - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Drake - Hurricane Drake - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Drake - Hurricane Drake - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Drake - Hurricane Drake - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Drake - Hurricane Drake - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Drake - Hurricane Drake - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Drake - Hurricane Drake - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Drake - Hurricane Drake - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Drake - Hurricane Drake - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
Drake - Hurricane Drake - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Drake - Hurricane Drake - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Drake - Hurricane Drake - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Tybrid
Drake - Hurricane Drake - Page 2 I_vote_lcapDrake - Hurricane Drake - Page 2 I_voting_barDrake - Hurricane Drake - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
SicilianDragon
Drake - Hurricane Drake - Page 2 I_vote_lcapDrake - Hurricane Drake - Page 2 I_voting_barDrake - Hurricane Drake - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Vorik
Cynical_Aspie

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Hurricane Drake

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Drake - Hurricane Drake - Page 2 Empty Re: Hurricane Drake

Post by Sul-Fury March 9th 2011, 1:54 pm

Sul raised his head to a thunderous roar in the background. In the distance surrounding them were dark gray clouds. They needed to get these people to the safety bunker. Sul looked around and couldn't find an efficient way to transport all these people. They would have to travel on the ice pathways.

"Alright let's get moving, we don't know if there will be others in the same position as you are or not. We don't have much time before the storm will be coming through here again. We're heading towards the bunkers for safety, we can't use the helicopter to get everyone out of here, it will take too many trips. But Sean and I can make you a path to safety and get you there."

The group traveled through the icy pathway to get to the bunker. The 10-year-old girl got tired so Sul let her ride on his shoulders, holding gently onto her feet so she didn't fall backwards. On the journey others joined them. But they were far off from the City, where the real damage was. Some obstacles still were ahead. Sounds of explosions nearby startled the group. Sul raised his head up above, and quickly placed the girl on the ground.

Drake - Hurricane Drake - Page 2 Utilities

An electrical grid transformer blew sending sparks below. The base of the transformer snapped, and put high tension on the cables. "Everyone look out... It's comin down! He ushered everyone to back up with a waving motion of his hands. One of the cables snapped and flung at the group at a high velocity. Sul being at the front was slashed at the abdomen. The cable had enough power to dash a normal person in two, but it didn't hurt as much as the electrical surge coursing through the cable. He took a few steps backwards with a grunt and fell to a knee to regain composure.

The transformer was still standing, barely. Another cable snapped off and whipped itself at the group. Something had to stop it!

Sul-Fury
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 598
Registration date : 2010-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana March 9th 2011, 4:22 pm

Thunder clapped in the distance."Brillant"He cursed quietly to himself.Greyish eyes rolling.He didn't want to be stuck here when the storm hit.With no other way to move they had to use the ice pathways he could make.Making him a vital asset to this team.For this misson anway.
Though he didn't like the way that girl looked at him.He personally wanted to crush her under a block of ice,but he knew Sul would have none of it.So he put on his fake smile and walked on.While his eyes still showed the signs of annoyance.Annoyance that they even had to save these dumbasses in the first place.Though he just walked onward to wherever the bunkers would be.
Then he heard it.An explosion.The base of a transformer had snapped put strain on the wires.Sean knew they would snap.Knew that if something wasnt done,people would die.The cuble swung forward at high speed.Slashing at Sul's abdomen.What would have hurt a normal person.Was nothing to someone as tough as him.To Sul the cable probably didn't hurt at all.Probably though the current coursing through it wouldve hurt like a bitch.
Then another cable snapped.Swinging toward the group again.He knew that water conducted electricity,but did ice?He didn't know so he put it to the test.A large condensed sheild of ice sprang from the ice they stood on.Surrounding all of the people.Sul and Sean included.Effectivly stopping it.As the cable smacked against the ice barrier.Leaving only a slight almost unseeable scratch.With a sigh of relief he put his hands in his pocket.
"Is everyone okay?"
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 2473
Job : Nothing
Humor : [19:12:48] @ Forceaus : Shouldn't be hard to beat. It's only like a centimeter long.
Registration date : 2011-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightshade March 9th 2011, 9:16 pm

Alice was now ignoring Sean, or Emo as she now dubbed him. They had been walking for a while now, managing to find other survivors in the rubble. She glanced at the horizon, worried that the storm would catch up before they got to safety. As she looked back ahead, she noted that the ten year old was now riding on Sul's shoulders. Alice smiled slightly, that was nice of him to help her out. Emo on the other hand... well, he looked like he had just swallowed a lemon with some warheads mixed in. She snerked under her breath at that thought, before suddenly hearing and explosion. She looked up to see a transformer blow sparks, then, the base of the transformer snapped and with that, it started to fall. "Aw shit." Alice muttered, watching as a wire snapped and came towards them, but Sul was the only one hit. He went down with a grunt, though it seemed like he was hurt more by then electricity then the cable itself... he was a sturdy one fore sure.

Then, another cable snapped... this time, Sul couldn't help them. As Alice prepared to help, a wall of ice rose up, blocking the cable... it was emo! She sighed in relief though she wasn't the only one... others were still in shock. But she knew more cables would be coming... and the transformer would be plummeting towards them soon enough.... this was certainly a dire situation. She nodded that they were fine... "But what are we gonna do about the other wires and the big metal thing that's gonna be falling down on us soon enough." she said wryly, she didn't mean to be ungrateful but it wouldn't help anyone if they stopped a wire but the whole thing came crashing down on them... Alice didn't think she'd be able to hold something that big up... if she could... well, now wasn't the time to find out.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Coraline Li
EXP
Nightshade
Nightshade
Posting Master
Posting Master

Quote : "I'm gonna fucking die."

Number of posts : 413
Job : Dying
Humor : Help
Registration date : 2011-02-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sul-Fury March 9th 2011, 9:36 pm

Luckily for Sul, Sean read his mind. He could keep throwing his body into the blasts, but there was a small chance that one of the steel cables wouldn't hit him and possibly decapitate someone. A cable slapped against the ice barrier and tore off shards of ice. Luckily, none of them would penetrate the barrier. A loud roar from the power line transformer indicated it wasn't over trying to kill them, but Sul had confidence in Sean's ice barrier.

Suddenly, all the cables snapped at once, letting the entire pole fall down on them flailing cables at them that could cut any of the civilians in half. Sul's eyes darted before shouting: "HOLD YOUR BREATH!" He threw his fist up and pounded the ground, instantly shattering the ice. The entire group's legs instantly fell from under them and released them all under the water. Falling quickly behind them was the transformer pole which hit the ground like it was concrete. The pole floated above, with it's powerless cables gently fell under the water.

Sul kicked his legs and clawed his hands to the surface. Being that he was in the Navy at one time, he was an excellent swimmer. But unfortunately for him he was heavy as a boulder, because he literally was one. He frantically tried to swim to the surface but fell deeper and deeper towards the bottom of the lake. Bubbles of air escaped his nostrils, as he clenched his teeth in frustration and fear. The people above him appeared to make it to the surface, but they grew darker from his vision the lower he sank.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Click for Sul-Fury's Profile Information
Drake - Hurricane Drake - Page 2 Sullz2_zpsehmnrnvg
Sul-Fury
Sul-Fury
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "You think you're tougher than me, punk?"

Humor : HE CAN ROTATE MARS?!

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana March 9th 2011, 9:59 pm

"I will worry about them when they come"He sighed to Alice.Confident that the cables wouldn't be able to get through.It would would take an armor peircing round to do that.Though the shot would peirce the shield clean.Still it would take more than that.Then it all went south.
All the cables snapped at once.Pole falling down.That would be able to smash through his shield.Kill all of thses people in here.At the back of his mind he wanted these dumbasses to die.Then the thought went away.Heroes didn't think those thought.They were supposed to save people,not let them die.'"HOLD YOUR BREATH"Sul yelled.As he smashed the ice beneath their feet.
So he held his breath,closing his eyes tight.Clawing his way to the surface.Taking deep breaths of air as his head broke the surface.Holding onto the floating pole."Sul that was pretty good"He gasped looking for his friend. Then in a second he realized something.Causing all the blood to drain from his face.Giving it the look of someone who was dead."Fuck!!!!"Sean cursed out loud.Taking a deep breath,and diving back into the cold black water."Dammit he cant drown.He can't"Sean thought frantically.Searching for him.Praying to the gods Sul wasn't dead.Then he saw him struggling to swim.As fast he could he swam to the man.Pulling him close.Commanding the water around him to form a bubble around them.Creating a air pocket allowing Sul to breathe."Sul you okay"He asked frantic and half scared.Fighting back tears that threatened to overflow.Hopefully he was.Sean didn't need Suls death on his conciouss as well.
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Humor : [19:12:48] @ Forceaus : Shouldn't be hard to beat. It's only like a centimeter long.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightshade March 9th 2011, 11:06 pm

Alice looked at Sean incredulously, "Confident much?" she muttered, then, as predicted, the whole thing came tumbling down on them. The last thing she heard was "HOLD YOUR BREATH!" and then, she was in the water. She silently thanked the powers that she had her goggles as she quickly made her way to the surface. She gasped for air once her head was out of the water, she looked around before spotting the floating pole and a couple of people who, from the looks of it, could not swim. She and some others quickly set to helping them reach the floating pole, telling them to use it as a floaty. In their preoccupation, they didn't notice the two heroes were missing in action.

Coraline Li
EXP
Nightshade
Nightshade
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sul-Fury March 9th 2011, 11:36 pm

Through the darkness he saw a figure swimming towards him. "Sean!" he gargled through the water, but only air bubbles were released. Sean caught up towards him and got close, pushing the water aside to give them breathing room. Sul inhaled the air deeply before responding. "Yeah... Thanks Sean, I suppose that was unexpected for you. But I guess there are things about each other that we don't know yet." He coughed slightly. "We'll have to work on that." he said with a smile. He looked around his surroundings, as they were at the bottom of the large mass of water. "Now... How to get me out of here. Do you think you could give me a big enough boost to get me up there? It's a further distance then when we fought Pain."

The two had minor experience together, but already they were a great combination. Sean would know the term "Give me a boost" from their experience, he meant that he wanted Sean to put enough water pressure under his feet to hurdle him up into the air. Against Pain, it gave him a double jump feature, getting more airtime in an attack. As they grew together as companions they'd know more advanced combinations of their powers.

Sul-Fury
Sul-Fury
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana March 9th 2011, 11:47 pm

"Yeah i think i can do that.Just glad your still alive though"Sean sighed smiling.Commanding the water to form under their feet.Taking in two deeps breaths clearing his mind.Then forcing the water to push them up at its full pressure.As the bubble of air stayed around them.
Forcing them quickly upwards through the dark cold water.Till he could see a dim light at the end of the darkness.With a mental comand the water spat them out onto the sheet of ice that hadnt been shattered.Putting some concentration into it.As to keep it from shattering.He fell on his back along side Sul.Taking in deep sputtering gasp. He couldn't let this happen again.He had to make sure Sul didn't come this close to death again.He looked over to see if the others were okay.'Thank god"He sighed standing to his feet wearily.
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightshade March 9th 2011, 11:56 pm

When everyone was finally grasping the floaty, Alice realized that the two heroes had disappeared! She glanced around frantically, fearing for their life when all of a sudden, a blast of water shot up, depositing Sul and Sean on a sheet of ice. Alice stared, wondering what had happened before remembering that Sul was probably heavier then normal with his mineral looking skin. "Hey! A bit of help if you would please!" she yelled, bringing attention to the fact that a bunch of people that couldn't swim were clutching the large floating pole.

Coraline Li
EXP
Nightshade
Nightshade
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sul-Fury March 10th 2011, 12:09 am

Sul got to his feet to see the people in distress. Technically, it was his fault they were in that position but on the other hand, those cables and pole would have definitely killed them all. It was the quickest thing he could think of. He looked to Sean, "If you can pull them closer, I can pull the pole out of the water and place them on the surface."

Whatever method Sean would use to bring it closer, whether by water waves or other methods, Sul would grasp the pole and pick it up out of the water. Safely bringing the civilians on dry land. "I'm sorry for that little delay, I hope you're all okay. But we'd better get moving. The bunker isn't far from here. You'll all be safe in there when the storm comes back." Sul looked to the sky that rumbled in the distance. It was getting closer, they didn't have much time. Assuming Sean would pave a way, he motioned the people to keep moving.

Sul-Fury
Sul-Fury
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana March 10th 2011, 4:14 pm

"Fine i can do that"Sean sighed.Concentrating on the water the pole floated in.Then with a slight motion of his hand the water carried the pole closer.On a gentle wave that was yet powerful enough to move the massive pole.Sweeping them closer.Maybe now Sul could pull them out from the water.Then maybe he wouldn't have to worry about that little incident again.Though he knew there would be worse to come.Worse things than just a transformer breaking and almost killing them.Maybe they would be caught in the winds of the hurricane.Which would blow away everyone except Sul.Then again he had something planned if that happened.Hopefully it didn't.He wasn't sure if it would even succed. He just wanted to walk onward. Hoping that they would get to the bunker soon.Face still slightly pale from the shock he had experienced not to long ago.Eyes gleaming slightly still threatening tears.He didn't need another death he was to weak to prevent.
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightshade March 10th 2011, 7:10 pm

Alice sighed in relief as a wave pushed them close enough for Sul to lift them onto the ice... "That guy's strong." she thought, looking at him thoughtfully before him speaking drew her out of her reverie. She snorted a bit when he said "short delay" but hey, worse could have happened... she wasn't sure what but she was still pretty sure that wasn't the worst. Alice sighed, deciding to stop confusing herself by speaking in circles. As she looked up again, she noticed that Sean seemed to be about to... cry? Alice peered at him curiously, a bit concerned but not saying anything, "Men...." she thought with a sigh, knowing his pride would be threatened if he knew someone noticed his show of vurnable emotion.

Coraline Li
EXP
Nightshade
Nightshade
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sul-Fury March 10th 2011, 8:02 pm

Everyone survived, that was the main thing. There may have been another method to stopping that transformer but the quickest thing Sul could think of was knocking the floor out from under them so that they would submerge. He was still traumatized from the after effects, reminding him of his first and only encounter with Hurricane. He clenched his jaw to fight away the tension and nerves, he would have to get over it. All these people had their own problems to deal with and they were a lot more difficult than Sul's traumatized mind.

The group made it to the safety bunker with no further troubles. The storm was picking up though and would soon pass over the people. "Get in" He motioned to the people. "Let's go." The people entered into the building, and were waiting for Sul to join them. "Sorry folks... Our mission doesn't end here. We need to go further into the main city. You're just a handful out of thousands. They need our help. Stay safe until the storm has passed." Sul walked out of the underground bunker and headed down the road towards the City.

He turned to Sean, "Maybe you should stay with them. The storm is coming, and it's not gonna get pretty from here on out." He knew that quite possibly, he could get into another drowning situation. But at least he could withstand the wind currents and debris flying at him. He couldn't think of a way how would he could there without Sean. He'd have to find a way to walk on water...

Sul-Fury
Sul-Fury
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana March 10th 2011, 8:15 pm

Sean stared at Sul ...plainly shocked.He wanted him to stay here while he went forward.Possibly be in another situation where he could drown.A situation where he could die."Hell no!No way am i letting you go out there alone.You may not think it,or maybe you have.I don't care.If you go out there wothout me.YOU.COULD.DIE"He put stress on the last three words.Worry plain in his eyes.
"You may be tough but your not immortal.Dont take this burden alone"His voice was a mixture of anger and pleading.He couldn't let Sul die.Not when he has a chance to stop it.So he would stay by him even if it nearly killed him."Besides im not sure what Pain will do if i just let you go out there and end up drowning"He stated half jokingly.While also giving the statement an air of coldness that was hard to detect.After all he didn't want to have his teeth knocked out.Cause a hit from Pain could probably knock his head off,and noone wants that.
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightshade March 10th 2011, 10:43 pm

Alice sighed in relief when they got to the bunker with no other obstacles. As the people filed into the bunker, Sul told them to stay which Alice was happy to comply, but as he went on about the thousands left outside with the second half of the storm approaching... she felt a twinge of guilt go through her. Alice knew she had the power to atleast help a bit... but... she watched the retreating figures of Sul and Sean, feeling the twinge of guilt grow bigger and bigger. The thunder rumbled in the distance and a drizzle of rain started, light as mist... it was almost soothing, but it fortold the horrors that would come. Alice looked towards the horizon, imagining the people clutching to whatever was left of their houses, knowing that they probably wouldn't survive to see another day. She the looked back to the retreating figures, ignoring the voices telling her to get in. Finally, she acted. "Wait up!" she yelled, running after to the surprise of the survivors behind her.

Coraline Li
EXP
Nightshade
Nightshade
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sul-Fury March 10th 2011, 10:52 pm

In the back of his mind, he knew Sean wouldn't let him go alone. But he at least wanted it off his conscience to have given him the option. He still had the task of finding a way to keep him from being killed by the hurricane when the storm came upon them, but at least he could rely on icy roads and his water manipulation in such a critical area. Sul smiled back at Sean, silently thanking him for coming anyways. "Thanks, Squirt." He replied. By now Sean knew it was a term Sul used as a sign of friendship.

"Wait up!" was heard in the distance. A girl came running up to them, he recognized her from earlier. She came from the bunker he left her at. What could she possibly want? If the hurricane came while she was on that rooftop, she would have been killed. And if she went indoors, she would have drowned. Most of the civilians should be thankful, maybe she had a parting gift for them as they went on their journey. Though, Sul couldn't think of too many useful tools that him and Sean couldn't improvise on.

"Yes?" Sul raised a non-existent eyebrow as she approached them.

Sul-Fury
Sul-Fury
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down