The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Denver's Demons
Elijah Reed, the Archmagus I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Elijah Reed, the Archmagus I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2024, 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Elijah Reed, the Archmagus I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Elijah Reed, the Archmagus I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Elijah Reed, the Archmagus I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Elijah Reed, the Archmagus I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Elijah Reed, the Archmagus I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Elijah Reed, the Archmagus I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Elijah Reed, the Archmagus I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
Elijah Reed, the Archmagus I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Elijah Reed, the Archmagus I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Elijah Reed, the Archmagus I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Tybrid
Elijah Reed, the Archmagus I_vote_lcapElijah Reed, the Archmagus I_voting_barElijah Reed, the Archmagus I_vote_rcap 
SicilianDragon
Elijah Reed, the Archmagus I_vote_lcapElijah Reed, the Archmagus I_voting_barElijah Reed, the Archmagus I_vote_rcap 
Vorik
Seamus McAndrews
Cynical_Aspie

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Elijah Reed, the Archmagus

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Elijah Reed, the Archmagus Empty Elijah Reed, the Archmagus

Post by Ihendrenos January 20th 2011, 5:15 am

Elijah Reed, the Archmagus Magusx

CODENAME/ALIAS: Archmagus
ALTERNATE NAME(S)/NICKNAME(S)/TITLE(S): Eli, Magus, Archmage, Mage, Magician, Warlock, Wizard, Magister Magus.
CREATOR: Ihendrenos

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION
HEIGHT: 6 feet, 5 inches (196 centimetres)
WEIGHT: 243 pounds (110 kilograms)
EYE COLOR: Blue
HAIR COLOR: Brown
SPECIES: Homo sapiens magi
ETHNICITY: Caucasian
PHENOTYPICAL AGE: Late-Twenties
ACTUAL AGE: 29
APPEARANCE:
Eli has a tall, athletic build that comes from regular exercise. His face is handsome and appears to be in his late-twenties. His hair is short and brown and he usually possesses a small amount of facial hair around the mouth and jaw, while his eyes are a piercing sapphire blue. Typically, he wears various modern Earth clothing but when outdoors he is often found wearing a long brown coat that has been enchanted to serve as a means of magical defense. He is rarely seen without the platinum amulet he bears on a chain around his neck, a family keepsake. Eli has various magical foci which he utilizes in order to perform certain spells and feats of magic without the normally long, prerequisite incantations, gestures and ritual procedures— these are usually in the form of various enchanted and spell engraved rods, staves or small metallic devices and magical constructs worn upon his person, disguised as ordinary articles of clothing.

GENERAL INFORMATION
CITIZENSHIP: United States of America, Earth
PLACE OF BIRTH: Colorado Springs, Colorado, Earth
MARITAL STATUS: Single
SEXUAL ORIENTATION: Heterosexual
GROUP AFFILIATION(S): None
OCCUPATION(S): Magus, Antiques Store Owner
PLACE OF RESIDENCE: Chicago, Illinois
MORAL ALIGNMENT: Good

PERSONALITY:
Eli is a kind-hearted, thoughtful and well-meaning individual, but usually comes across as something of an intellectual thug and a sarcastic wise-ass— it probably comes as no surprise that most of those who meet him and fail to see past his gruff, mocking exterior usually end up wanting to kill him—or at least shut him up. He doesn’t think of himself as particularly heroic, just as a guy doing what he should. Despite this, he actively keeps an eye out for the safety of his city and its inhabitants by searching out magical and mundane threats and keeping them at bay. He is unable to sit on his backside when he becomes aware of people in danger or in need of urgent assistance. He often travels a lot across the world for his thaumaturgical research, extending the boundaries of his knowledge and skill in magecraft. If he happens to come across a potential quest or some other incident in which he can possibly provide assistance he usually won’t hesitate to lend a hand— once his conscience guilt-trips him into action that is.

HISTORY:
Eli Reed was born to Ayden and Erin Reed, both powerful and independent archmagi in the early months of 1995. His father disappeared before Eli was old enough to remember his face, whilst his mother perished in a plane crash incident in which Eli was the only known survivor. Eli was rescued and adopted by Nadeshiko Tachihara of the Magi Conclave— a trans-national, amoral and self-preservative organization originally created by western magi for the purpose of controlling, concealing and developing magecraft. The Conclave has many laboratories and research bodies that seek to advance the progress of Thaumaturgy and also seeks to increase its own military strength so it can defend itself against those that might threaten it, such as religious groups, other mystic organizations and supernatural forces seeking punish mankind for meddling with areas that should not be touched. The Conclave also imposes and enforces laws over the use of magecraft. However, on that aspect the Conclave is mainly concerned with the preservation and concealment of Magecraft. So, as long as a magus does not becomes a threat that might reveal the existence of magic to the common public, the Conclave will not interfere with him, even if said magus causes the most hideous crimes.

In his late teens, Eli stumbled upon the fact that Nadeshiko herself was responsible for the plane crash and death of his mother. Also, that she was planning to kill him as part of a powerful magical ritual towards some unknown purpose. When he confronted Nadeshiko, they fought and Eli seemingly managed to win, though he barely survived the inferno that enveloped their shared home, leaving him with burn scars across his upper left arm and shoulder-blade. Investigators from the Magi Conclave later captured Eli and interrogated him about the supposed death of his guardian. While they didn’t really care about Nadeshiko’s actions or intention to kill Eli, they were surprised a teenage boy can been able to defeat a magus with so much more experience that him. It was eventually decided that he would be ‘monitored’, by one of the agents of the Conclave, a creature known as Aethyr. Apart from this, Eli has mostly cut ties with the Conclave and has pursued his goals independently for the last decade.

Eli has since set up shop in the city of Chicago, publicly running an antiques shop but actually performing magical jobs for various members of the supernatural and heroic community— whether it be for the supply of supernatural advice, equipment, potions, healing etc. If there is a need, he also lends a hand during combat situations.

POWERS
MAGECRAFT:
Those who utilize magecraft, which is also known simply as magic, the art or the craft, generally refer to themselves as a magus (plural: magi); though some practitioners also go by other common titles such as mage, magician, wizard, witch, warlock etc. as well as more specialized titles such as necromancer, enchanter and geomancer depending on their schools of training or their particular magical affinity. An archmagus or archmage such as Eli is an extremely skilled and powerful practiser of magecraft, with expertise stretching across multiple fields of study. Magecraft is at its core the artificial re-enactment of what could be considered a mystery or a miracle.

The use of magecraft is dependent on three major factors; 1. available mana/prana to empower a spell, 2. the application of the spell in the form of the incantations, physical gestures, reagents, rituals and drawn symbolism needed to be performed, 3. the mages understanding of the forces involved in the spell, his strength of will driving the spell and his ability to focus upon the task at hand emotionally.

For a more in-depth explanation of magecraft, read the following spoiler (WARNING: Very explanatory):

Spoiler:

Eli Reed, as an archmagus is well versed in numerous areas of magic. He is able to produce numerous magical effects, divided across several separate schools of magic, each associated with a specific branch of skills such as defensive spells, offensive spells, conjuring items, empowering items, etc. Each different area of magic not only has different capabilities and results, they also have different limitations and requirements in order to be successfully performed by a magus.

For a more in-depth explanation of each school of magic and their nature, read the following spoiler (WARNING: Also very explanatory):

Spoiler:
Because of their wide-ranging skill-set, an archmagus can be very adaptable to a great many widely varying situations, provided they have the time and energy to make use of the appropriate spells within their arsenal. If they are given enough time and possess the required tools and energy they can unleash powerful forces reducing even massive structures to charred debris. However, they are as physically vulnerable as any ordinary human when they are not employing some kind of magical defense, so attacks without any prior warning or time to ready themselves can often prove successful unless the magus in question has an abundance of sheer dumb luck.

Click on the spoiler to see some examples of Eli’s powerful or commonly used spells:

Spoiler:

ENCHANTED FOCI:
Because most of the spells— especially chose designed for combat— require long incantations, generally a magus uses a specially created magical focus (plural: foci) to offset this disadvantage. One of these tools is enchanted to perform certain spells or aid in the use of a specific school of magic, without the need to perform the usually prerequisite incantations, gestures and rituals, and is instead activated with a single key word or phrase, with minimal guidance needed by the mage to direct the spells course through its intended set of actions. The energy for the spell effects must still somehow be supplied by the magus, unless the foci employs an Awakened jewel capable of drawing its own energy.

For a list of the foci that Eli presently has at his disposal, click on the following spoiler:
Spoiler:

AWAKENED CRYSTALS:
Because of the limitations of a mages body, only so much energy can be stored within it before damage will be incurred. This is overcome through the use of crystals that have been through a magical alteration process that grants them the ability to store considerable amounts of mana for a mages use – the exact amount varies upon the size and quality of the stone in question. A flawless stone the size of a human fist has equivalent energy capacity to a powerful magus.

Eli owns about a half dozen such stones of varying sizes, all of which have been structurally altered to be physically perfect for their size. He possesses four quartz stones, each about the size of a thumb or finger and two diamonds about the size of his fist that he created himself by transmuting large amounts of carbon with alchemy.

POWER GRID
STRENGTH: 1 (Average, able to lift own bodyweight)
SPEED: 2 (Above average, prone to running like hell)
ENDURANCE: 5 (Natural Level 3 resistance to physical injury, with Level 5 immune response and slow aging, Level 5 physical injury resistance with spell protection)
INTELLIGENCE: 5 (Magical prodigy, with an extensive knowledge of magic spells across various schools of magic)
ENERGY PROJECTION: 6 (Potentially capable of laying waste to whole buildings, but rarely reaches potential due to energy limitations.)
FIGHTING SKILLS: 3 (Specializing in magic-based fighting, with some training. Mostly self-taught)

ROLEPLAY SAMPLE

Click on spoiler to view role-play sample:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Ihendrenos on January 21st 2011, 9:48 am; edited 11 times in total
Ihendrenos
Ihendrenos

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2011-01-18

Back to top Go down

Elijah Reed, the Archmagus Empty Re: Elijah Reed, the Archmagus

Post by Ihendrenos January 20th 2011, 5:21 am

Just out of curiousity, is what I've done so far acceptable... or have I gone overboard with detail...

... or do I need more detail, such as describing every single spell he has like this or something:

• Blight of the Beholder
    Nature: Abjuration
    Cost: 5 prana
    Description: By directing and manipulating small amounts of the bodies prana energy to disperse around a target in a certain manner, one may create a Blight in the etheric and other hyper-dimensional planes to occlude the target from divination magic such as Clairaudience, Clairvoyance, Scrying, as well as from other forces such as Extra Sensory Perception and Telepathy.
    Limitations:
    Range: Sight of caster
    Area of Effect: 1 creature or the caster
    Casting/Creation: Two-Line Aria, One hand gesture
    Duration: 2 hours
    Repercussions:
    This magic is not infallible against penetration, but its effectiveness is determined by the potency of the individual attempting to breach the spell. Assuming they have one of the powers the Blight is intended to defend against, they will successfully penetrate the spell if both their intelligence and energy projection is equal to or greater than the caster of the spell.

I will if I have to, but that's going to take awhile...

By-the-way, do you think he's too overpowered? I was going for a wizard character so I tried giving the kinds of powers wizards tend to have in most settings....
i'd greatly appreciate some friendly constructive input, thanks Smile
Ihendrenos
Ihendrenos

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilbert Jackson January 20th 2011, 5:31 am

Couldn't have made things a little more simple? I don't even want to start reading all that magic stuff. XD I'm too tired at the moment, 5:30 am.
Wilbert Jackson
Wilbert Jackson
Post Mate
Post Mate

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Ihendrenos January 20th 2011, 5:35 am

*grin* I do have a tendency to get overly descriptive don't I?

... this isn't even the most detailed RP character sheet I've ever done. In some places this level of detail is freaking prerequisite...

*shudders from horrible flashbacks of x-men roleplay's*
Ihendrenos
Ihendrenos

Back to top Go down

Post by Slamfist January 20th 2011, 8:34 am

You don't really need an RP sample IMO, unless you want to write one. The app is thoroughly informative and shows you have a good grasp of what you're doing. I do like that I understood a lot of the magic stuff, thanks to years of D&D and M:TG. Maybe put your strongest spells, just so we know what your limits are, other than that I'm calling this approved.
Slamfist
Slamfist
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 1686
Job : Student
Humor : More inside jokes than should be allowed
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Ihendrenos January 20th 2011, 8:42 am

I'll put in his more powerful combat spells and some of his more commonly used spells from other areas of magic, just for reference.
Ihendrenos
Ihendrenos

Back to top Go down

Post by Slamfist January 20th 2011, 8:45 am

Alright sounds good. PM me when you're done and I'll move it to the Approved Section for you.
Slamfist
Slamfist
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_soapmaker January 20th 2011, 8:53 am

Ihendrenos wrote:I'll put in his more powerful combat spells and some of his more commonly used spells from other areas of magic, just for reference.

Try making it a sort of summary. The whole app is a bit TL;DR, though I prefer that over really short applications.

Great Char, by the way.
The_soapmaker
The_soapmaker
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 568
Humor : Puns, lots of em.
Registration date : 2008-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Slamfist January 21st 2011, 8:59 am

I know it's specifically stated when it really should be, but summons and the like I believe have either 16 or 18 points, don't recall which. If the Water Spirit is your only real summon I could probably let you get away with 20 since most of the other minions/pets are multiple in number. I also don't recall if they fall under the "no level 7 stat" though I'm pretty sure its tied directly to your EP. Let's get another opinion before final approval.
Slamfist
Slamfist
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaLaCult January 21st 2011, 9:27 am

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Elijah Reed, the Archmagus Wat12
VivaLaCult
VivaLaCult
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 1587
Job : Killing people with my BEAR HANDS
Humor : buckets and buckets of dead people

Back to top Go down

Post by Ihendrenos January 21st 2011, 9:41 am

Altered the stats so that the elemental is slower, and when its core is destroyed it is killed permanently rather than just banished. The score now is 16.
Ihendrenos
Ihendrenos

Back to top Go down

Post by Slamfist January 21st 2011, 10:14 am

Approved.
Slamfist
Slamfist
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilbert Jackson January 23rd 2011, 11:02 am

Movin' yo ass to da approved section. Man, aint no niggas be movin apps no moh.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Elijah Reed, the Archmagus WilbertElijah Reed, the Archmagus Image
Wilbert Jackson
Wilbert Jackson
Post Mate
Post Mate

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Bliss April 25th 2011, 3:35 am

trashed

Bliss

Mitsy's Boutique

-<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>-

Elijah Reed, the Archmagus D3d4aa511c4d025601eecb3540adc5f1

-<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>-
Bliss
Bliss
Owner
Owner

Quote : I'm pretty much the Captain Kirk of this place when I'm not too busy being the Han Solo.

Number of posts : 2166
Job : Exerter of feminine "Whiles"
Humor : [16:00:27] devistation : bliss you only bann me because you are scared you use your moderator powers to get rid of people u know is right but hate because they are right but if anything there is treatment for your disease of being scared of better people so you should go by some have fun bye bye
Registration date : 2010-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top