The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Most Dangerous Game
The cold Chicago night. I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2024, 8:00 pm by ghost

» A Demon In The City of Angels
The cold Chicago night. I_icon_minitimeApril 29th 2024, 6:24 pm by Lazarus

» Denver's Demons
The cold Chicago night. I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2024, 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» The Deal and The Hit
The cold Chicago night. I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
The cold Chicago night. I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
The cold Chicago night. I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
The cold Chicago night. I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
The cold Chicago night. I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
The cold Chicago night. I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
The cold Chicago night. I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
The cold Chicago night. I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
The cold Chicago night. I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
ghost
The cold Chicago night. I_vote_lcapThe cold Chicago night. I_voting_barThe cold Chicago night. I_vote_rcap 
Lazarus
The cold Chicago night. I_vote_lcapThe cold Chicago night. I_voting_barThe cold Chicago night. I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

The cold Chicago night.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The cold Chicago night. Empty The cold Chicago night.

Post by The_soapmaker April 19th 2010, 4:11 pm

It was a cold Chicago night, just like the title of this topic stated. The wind blew violently over the rooftops and through the streets, making it even colder. But the coldest place outdoors was probably either the skating ring or the huge suit of armor that was sitting on a bench in a park. The suit had taken a pose, similar to "The Thinker" by whoever that artist was, that statue that was cut up by some basterds to steal and sell all the copper it was made of. It did not really move. The suit of armor just sat there, on a bench, which was having a hard time carrying the weight of the thing. Despite its angry and agressive appearance, broad shouldered and spikey, the suit looked rather sad.
The_soapmaker
The_soapmaker
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 568
Humor : Puns, lots of em.
Registration date : 2008-11-24

Back to top Go down

The cold Chicago night. Empty Re: The cold Chicago night.

Post by Tom Godlark April 19th 2010, 4:42 pm

Wrong, wrong, wrong. Why, oh why must everything always go so terribly wrong for the cyborg? First it was that botched prison break-in, ruined by Nightkill and his inhumanly superpowered cape friends butting in. Then, after spending several weeks in a maximum security facility in Alaska, he finally puts together an elegant, beautiful plan for escape, only to be dragged off by the allegedly deceased Nightkill, violently given a painful and jarring electrical shock, and then ordered to rebuild his ugly, disgusting android body like some peasant with an engineering degree.

The half-million dollars was nice of Night, though. It managed to get him all the way to Chicago, prevent authorities from noticing any strange cyborgs passing by, rent a cushy little loft in the city, and there was still just enough money to buy him a few days of vacation before moving on to the next big scheme. Yes, things finally seemed to be going right for Magtok, our villain was back on his feet and ready to take on the world.

Or so he thought, anyways. Whilst sweating nervously as he passed by a patrolling cop in downtown, his synthetic facial mask just slipped right off. That wouldn't have been quite as big of a problem if he'd simply acted casually about the matter and walked away as if nothing happened, but instead he panicked, leading to the cop turning around, recognizing him and...

Well the rest is awfully blurry to him. There was some gunfire exchanged, and a dash down several alleys and busy streets before Magtok got away, but the exact details are rather muddled. Somehow, he'd winded up in some quiet park by nightfall, without even a single officer tailing him. Sirens could still be heard in the distance, but weren't that much of an issue anymore.

The freaky-looking statue, on the other hand, was a huge issue right now. Because Magtok just absentmindedly tripped right over it like a clumsy idiot, and most giant animate statues don't respond well to that sort of thing. "Aaaack!"
Tom Godlark
Tom Godlark

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2010-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by The_soapmaker April 19th 2010, 4:53 pm

The statue came into motion. It lifted its arm off his knee and moved its head towards Magtok. During this act of motion, a cracking sound came from the statue, similar to the sound of breaking ice. Inside Magtok's head an iery, but friendly voice sounded. "Oh, I am terribly sorry! Are you okay, sir?" It said, in a very slow and dreamy fashion. The volume of the voice went up and down and shifted in a very irregular way. Some words, such as 'am' and 'you' sounded longer than usual, making the whole a very strange experience.
The_soapmaker
The_soapmaker
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Godlark April 19th 2010, 5:37 pm

Magtok scurries back to his feet, intent on simply going on and heading elsewhere, when-OMFGWTF A TALKING STATUE!

"I...err...what?"

He staggers backwards, backpedals a step or two, and nervously drops a hand to his waist, intent on reaching for his laser gun and blowing a few holes in the thing if it makes any threatening moves towards him.
Tom Godlark
Tom Godlark

Back to top Go down

Post by The_soapmaker April 19th 2010, 5:58 pm

The statue got up from the bench and stuck his hand out, like one would to help someone up. "Do you need some help to get up, sir?" The iery voice said, again very dreamy and polite. The air around the collosal thing felt icy cold, as if the suit was filled with ice. "I hope you didn't hurt yourself." It was strange that such a huge and terrifying thing could be that polite.
The_soapmaker
The_soapmaker
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Godlark April 21st 2010, 4:03 pm

Magtok's eye stares blankly at the absurd talking statue thing. Even in spite of all the crazy things he's seen recently, he'd never figured a talking, animate statue would be joining that list of things anytime soon. "I'm...I'm fine. No thanks, I can handle it." He nervously replies, whilst trying to calculate where to shoot the statue should things turn to violence. The knees would probably be a good idea. So long as the statue can't walk, Mag could always briskly jog away. "You're...a talking statue." Gee really, Magtok? Don't you think he already knows that?
Tom Godlark
Tom Godlark

Back to top Go down

Post by The_soapmaker April 21st 2010, 4:18 pm

A strange psychic pulse swept across the park, vaguely resembling laughter. It was a normal laugh, one you would expect from an average man. "No, not at all, my friend! I am a talking suit of armor!" The voice said, after which It laughed again. "Do not pay attention at the suit I am wearing. My physical form is of no interest. Call me Hydra." It moved a little closer to Magtok, allowing him to feel the cold that was 'radiating' from the steel carpace. "And who might you be?"
The_soapmaker
The_soapmaker
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Godlark April 22nd 2010, 4:00 pm

"I'm-

Quick, think of a psuedonym. That Tom Godlark acronym thing you do sometimes, Kotgam, tell him you're Slamfist in disguise, tell him anything except-

-Magtok. Just lying low around here until the sirens fade."

...You idiot.
Tom Godlark
Tom Godlark

Back to top Go down

Post by The_soapmaker April 25th 2010, 5:28 am

"You are a fugitive? Well, it's nice to meet you anyway, mister Magtok." The voice of Hydra said. "You seem a bit worried, would you mind telling me what bothers you?" The statue slowly started walking over the gravel path, causing the sound of breaking ice commence once again.
The_soapmaker
The_soapmaker
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top