The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Getting Ready for Tomorrow (Monarch) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeToday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Getting Ready for Tomorrow (Monarch) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Getting Ready for Tomorrow (Monarch) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Getting Ready for Tomorrow (Monarch) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Getting Ready for Tomorrow (Monarch) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Getting Ready for Tomorrow (Monarch) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Getting Ready for Tomorrow (Monarch) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Getting Ready for Tomorrow (Monarch) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Getting Ready for Tomorrow (Monarch) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
Getting Ready for Tomorrow (Monarch) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Getting Ready for Tomorrow (Monarch) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Getting Ready for Tomorrow (Monarch) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Cynical_Aspie
Getting Ready for Tomorrow (Monarch) - Page 2 I_vote_lcapGetting Ready for Tomorrow (Monarch) - Page 2 I_voting_barGetting Ready for Tomorrow (Monarch) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Tybrid
Getting Ready for Tomorrow (Monarch) - Page 2 I_vote_lcapGetting Ready for Tomorrow (Monarch) - Page 2 I_voting_barGetting Ready for Tomorrow (Monarch) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
SicilianDragon
Vorik

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Getting Ready for Tomorrow (Monarch)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Getting Ready for Tomorrow (Monarch) - Page 2 Empty Re: Getting Ready for Tomorrow (Monarch)

Post by Danny The Sphinx June 13th 2019, 10:42 pm

As the javelin missed, it spread out to a large umbrella. The impromptu shield assisted in breaking the bullets path until it finally broke away. When the shield finally broke, no Danny could be seen. Instead, Danny ran along the walls on turquoise platforms to keep herself off the ground,to strike from above.

With each step, a crossbow formed around her arm. Danny sought to trap Monarch between a rock and a hardplace- or more precisely, a turquoise barrier and scattershot from a crossbow. The blunt shot from her crossbow would break in air and scatter in several positions hoping to get a grazing shot to slow down Monarch.

Danny The Sphinx
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2014-09-28

Back to top Go down

Getting Ready for Tomorrow (Monarch) - Page 2 Empty Re: Getting Ready for Tomorrow (Monarch)

Post by Puglife43vr June 14th 2019, 2:34 pm

With his other hand, he'd draw a blade, swinging with such ferocity and speed that he deflects the scattershot bolts back in the direction they came from! Along with this, he lets off another hail of rounds and does a sideflip just in case anything more comes his way. As he fires again, the gun clicks, empty.

A loud noise floods the area and Monarch squats close to the ground...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Getting Ready for Tomorrow (Monarch) - Page 2 HRN5OeL
Puglife43vr
Puglife43vr
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : "What would you do... For a Klondike bar?"

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2018-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny The Sphinx June 14th 2019, 3:49 pm

The return of the scattershot caught Danny in the gut, knocking her to the ground. In less than a second she managed to spring into a flip to focus back on her feet. A hail of bullets rang out towards her, but the hit from the scattershot pushed her out of the direct precision of the fire.

The last bullet hit the wall when Danny heard the clip empty. If he wanted a fight, he would need to get close to Danny. A place Danny would prefer.

First, Danny conjured four turquoise bars two feet by two feet extending to the ceiling. They would not box Monarch in, but would reduce his mobility. Then, Danny would conjure up another buck shot in her crossbow and let it fly towards Monarch. She would wait to see which position he darted towards and close off his path of exit once he committed to a direction.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Getting Ready for Tomorrow (Monarch) - Page 2 Giphy

Danny's Partners (Tsukimi, Tori, and Abby)

The Dress Shoppe Danny Stole From Bliss
Danny The Sphinx
Danny The Sphinx
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Puglife43vr June 14th 2019, 4:36 pm

Monarch would dart through the bars, throwing the handgun at Danny with a great deal of force. Enough to stun a normal individual. He keeps the gun hand empty as the hail of bolts fly behind him, hitting the ground.

Puglife43vr
Puglife43vr
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny The Sphinx June 14th 2019, 4:53 pm

As Monarch makes his move through the bars, Danny would enclose his exit, starting from the top and bottom, to trip up Monarch from his escape. Another barrier would emerge just on the other side of the bars. If Monarch managed his escape, the distance between his escape and the new barrier would be close enough to deny him maneuverability.

All the while, Danny took a position to keep a turquoise bar in between herself and Monarch. Step by step she edged closer to the barrier she erected to keep Ashley and Tori from the fight.

While darting around, the Monarch grabbed something and flung it through the air. She barely managed to see it in time, but she moved just enough to where the thrown gun merely grazed her head, knocking her back into her barrier, but still staying on her feet.

She blinked and looked to the bars about the room, seeing a good option. She remained braced against the barrier.

Danny The Sphinx
Danny The Sphinx
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Puglife43vr June 14th 2019, 4:57 pm

Suddenly, the wall behind Danny explodes into rubble as Monarch's glider flies through. At several hundreds of miles an hour it attempts to ram Danny in the back.

Meanwhile, Monarch leaps toward the barrier, planting his feet on it. He propels himself off and as he does so, he grabs another pole, swinging himself out of his miniature cage. He aims his finger at Danny just in case she had escaped the glider and fires two laser beams from his index finger.

"Die, worm!"

Puglife43vr
Puglife43vr
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny The Sphinx June 14th 2019, 5:07 pm

The best laid plans of mice and women never accounted for a flying glider, but they also never let an opportunity slip away. Instead of fighting against the trajectory of the glider, Danny released the constructs in the room. The barrier she leaned against collapsed, sending Danny to the ground. The bars between the Monarch and the glider collapsed, setting a dead path. The other two bars remained up to keep the glider on a proper trajectory path.

As the glider went over Danny, she lifted her shield to defend herself while the actions played out. One laser hit the shield, tearing a hole in it. The second beam struck Danny in the gut, knocking the wind out of her. She squirmed towards a case on the side, sitting herself up.

She looked over. If Monarch launched those attacks, it would most likely mean he did not have enough time to get out of the way of the glider. A little reprieve set over Danny. Then, she took a painful breath and set a barrier in front of her while she reconstructed her shield.

Danny The Sphinx
Danny The Sphinx
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Puglife43vr June 14th 2019, 5:11 pm

Monarch would simply crouch down and the glider sails over him. It slows down and returns to him as he hops into the air. His feet land in slots on the glider and his boots are recognized. Monarch crouches on the glider and begins hovering around the room, launching explosives at Danny's barrier. As soon as it breaks, he fires a shot at her knee where a shield likely couldn't reach.

"Well, girl, if you don't piss off, I'll fry you and then when the barriers collapse, I'll turn your friends into some lovely test subjects for my new drug. Their weak bodies wouldn't be able to handle the effects of it."

Puglife43vr
Puglife43vr
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny The Sphinx June 14th 2019, 5:28 pm

Danny had some time to think. And, some villain talk to inspire her. "My friends!" While she concentrated on keeping her barrier in place against the rate of high explosives, she sneaked a turquoise dagger over to Tori and Ashley, cutting the two of them free from the bonds.

Her barriers began faltering as Danny needed more concentration on the barrage, letting a small gap open up. Another laser struck her in the knee before she could bar it back up again. It kept her unable to move, but at least she could breath after it.

If she could not withstand the barrage, she could do her best to try and cause the explosives to detonate prematurely. Instead of putting all of her focus in the barrier in front of her, she would begin creating turquoise flak fields all through the room, hoping to hit the explosives before they became an issue for her- and hoping the explosives would do some damage to the one throwing them.

Danny The Sphinx
Danny The Sphinx
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Puglife43vr June 14th 2019, 5:35 pm

"You know, the crown is in my possession. However, the fact that a young woman like yourself, even with superhuman abilities, could ever think the stop me makes my blood boil. I could piss off out of here... Or I could fry you and filet your friends like fish and chips! Gimme a few reasons why I should get out of this bloody exhibit!"

He takes a staff with an orb on it off the glider. Monarch would fire a continuous beam of energy into the barrier. If Danny were to move while he's firing, it follows her around. This is so as soon as the shield breaks, she takes damage.

"Give up now and only you'll get fried! Your friends will be untouched. Scout's honor!"

Puglife43vr
Puglife43vr
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny The Sphinx June 14th 2019, 5:43 pm

Danny continued to fight against the oncoming blasts from the Monarch. She could feel the heat surging around her. Giving up would mean the Monarch would incinerate her. Not the greatest way to go at such a young age, but she could possibly save her friends- if the Monarch lived up to his word.

She looked over to where Ashley and Tori were resting- or at least she thought. All she could see was an empty banner with cut ropes.

A massive blast of energy would strike Monarch from behind. Ashley continued to project molecular blast after molecular blast in an effort to disorient the man antagonizing Danny.

While Ashley brought up her offensive, water would begin to soar from a water fountain towards the glider, soaking into its machinery, but also hoping to damage any computer components the glider would be operating through.

Danny felt a relief come over her as she took another painful breath- but this one felt better.

Danny The Sphinx
Danny The Sphinx
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Puglife43vr June 14th 2019, 6:00 pm

Monarch's glider would retaliate, firing off a blaster mounted on its underside. It would swivel and fire off at Ashley's blast, negating it. It would then fire off at Ashley several times. Monarch himself would throw one of his remote detonated Halberd grenades with a... 20 foot blast radius? That could decimate a good chunk of the area! It lands... Quite close to Tori.

The glider alone could handle Ashley, Tori, and Danny with its assortment of weapons. But with Monarch atop it with his scepter, grenades, and laser fingers, he's quite a great force of Evil.

Speaking of his scepter, Monarch's scepter's orb is omni-directional and fires a beam that follows Ashley. Now she has two things following her, an auto blaster from under the glider and the beam from his scepter. It keeps firing on Danny as well and the missile fire from the glider keeps up.

"You're not winning this, ladies. We can go on until police get here, and I'll kill them too. I've suffered too much to lose. I'm not going down. Not here, not now. And not to a bunch of weak INSECTS!"

Puglife43vr
Puglife43vr
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny The Sphinx June 14th 2019, 6:25 pm

Tori moved over to Danny, helping her off the ground. Across the room, Ashley continued to throw energy blasts at the rover while explosions rocked around her. A stray blast sent rocks and debris from the ground to knock Ashley off her feet. The continued blasts rained throughout the room, but a minor reprieve did sit in.

Not wanting to give her plans away while Monarch was distracted, Danny began building a mortar three feet in diameter full of turquoise shards. The blast launched every shard out towards Monarch, covering the upper areas of the room in blast. "Here's a crown for you, your majesty!" Danny would keep her balance on Tori, whom was still trying to drench the computer in the glider. Seeing her activity, Danny lent a hand, cramming a bar into the pipes of the water fountain, sending a deluge of water into the air- granting Tori more ammunition.

While the shards were bursting in the air, Danny would create a barrier over Ashley to shield her from the full force of the grenade. The impact of the blast still sent enough of a shockwave through the barrier to knock Ashley unconscious, but it mitigated the more troublesome parts of the blast.

Danny The Sphinx
Danny The Sphinx
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Puglife43vr June 14th 2019, 6:38 pm

Monarch's scepter begins firing off several beams at once, destroying shards, but one flies into his helmet, centimeters from his left eye. He raises an eyebrow, surprised and somewhat impressed that they did damage to him.

"You hit me? Surprising. Well, this could go on all night, but I have better places to be and more insects to squash. I do have countless treasures and the identities of 3 metahumans. I'll make sure your identities are leaked on the criminal underworld. I think that is a mission success. Toodaloo, filthy peasants! Oh, I almost forgot! I do have one last surprise..."

The glider blasts a hole in the ceiling and lifts up and out. As Monarch escapes, he drops several Halberd grenades in the building as well as on its roof. With the combined power of 9 grenades, they would be able to level the building! He blasts off into the night, chuckling heartily as he escapes with a bag of goods and a crown on his head.

Puglife43vr
Puglife43vr
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny The Sphinx June 14th 2019, 6:52 pm

"Were we supposing to be keeping our identities secret?" Tori raised a confused brow to Danny.

"I have a super popular Instagram, so I doubt it. It's not like Bliss doesn't slap her name on-" Danny's eyes grew to the size of massive grenades. The first thing she needed to do was fix the massive hole in the ceiling with a turquoise barrier, followed by bracing the sides of the building, and finally-

The explosions came!

Danny fell to the ground next to Tori. The massive turquoise barrier slumped from its position. Danny took another painful breath and felt for her bracelet, but her arm went numb from the fall. Slowly, the bearings began to shake. "Tori, push my arm over to my other hand. I need to touch the bracelet!"

Debris fell atop Tori as she reached over to do as she was commanded. "Hurry!" The turquoise barrier began to plummet towards the duo.

It fell free through the air, collecting speed as Danny finally gripped her bracelet. Nothing but a hard breeze brushed over Danny and Tori.

Even the sigh of relief hurt. "Go check on Ashley." Danny hopped to her feet and began to canvas the exhibit. Well, she saved most of the antiques- other than the pottery and glass. "Not too bad." Until she checked the outside and discovered while she saved the three halls her family was responsible for, the rest of the building crumbled. "Tori! Were any janitors around?"

"No, they all went home so we could keep this secret." Tori lifted Ashley from the ground. "Why?"

"No reason."

Danny The Sphinx
Danny The Sphinx
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top