The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
An Unusual Bounty  I_icon_minitimeToday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
An Unusual Bounty  I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
An Unusual Bounty  I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
An Unusual Bounty  I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
An Unusual Bounty  I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
An Unusual Bounty  I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
An Unusual Bounty  I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
An Unusual Bounty  I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
An Unusual Bounty  I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
An Unusual Bounty  I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
An Unusual Bounty  I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
An Unusual Bounty  I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Vorik
An Unusual Bounty  I_vote_lcapAn Unusual Bounty  I_voting_barAn Unusual Bounty  I_vote_rcap 
Cynical_Aspie
An Unusual Bounty  I_vote_lcapAn Unusual Bounty  I_voting_barAn Unusual Bounty  I_vote_rcap 
Tybrid
SicilianDragon

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

An Unusual Bounty

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

An Unusual Bounty  Empty An Unusual Bounty

Post by Ultragal May 27th 2016, 3:21 pm

The plane touched down smoothly., then came to a perfect "on a dime" stop. The passenger door opens, letting the steps lower to the tarmac (this is the part of the runway where passengers board and disembark). Among the crowd descending from the plane, there's a female figure. As she walks into a patch of bright yellow sunshine on the ground, the figure is revealed. She's a copper-red-skinned young woman in a casual outfit.

The first thing she sees is what she came to Cleveland for. A large, brightly- worded banner says: "Welcome to Cleveland's newest sensation! For the very first time in centuries, our fair city will exhibit a collection of genuine and rare Native American articles! Be at our stadium and see them for the next three days!"

Jayne Bas Chava already knew what that meant: Medicine Woman would be the "unofficial" security guard keeping her people's precious heritage out of villain hands. She formulated her strategy as she walked to the "Incoming Passengers" desk. Medicine Woman would "blend" into the display. She'd be ready, willing and able to act, if needed.
Ultragal
Ultragal
A Sweet Cinnamon Roll

Quote : "To be good, kind, and fair will always triumph over evil, being ruthless/cruel, and being a tyrant/dictator."

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 263
Job : Office work/clerical/occasional multitasking
Registration date : 2016-05-17

Back to top Go down

An Unusual Bounty  Empty Re: An Unusual Bounty

Post by Jeannie Rose May 27th 2016, 7:22 pm

An Unusual Bounty  Jeannie_s_a_punk_rocker_by_ccrgameman-dafzufy
so Jeannie finds herself on a vacation of sorts with no real leads on any case at the moment. She decides to take a trip to Cleveland.

As a huge fan of rock music, she's always wanted to see the rock and roll hall of fame. That and whatever other interesting things there might be to see here.

So while wondering about the town she sees a banner advertising the museum haveing a rare exhibit well how lucky for her to be in town  when it was going on.

definitely have to add that to the list of things to do while she's here .

Last edited by Jeannie Rose on August 30th 2016, 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jeannie Rose
Jeannie Rose
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : crazy but that's how i roll
driving everyone else insane
i'm the conductor of the crazy train Smile

Number of posts : 2488
Job : universe's greatest bounty hunter
Humor : why so serious ? seriously just cause we have to face life threatening danger on a daily basis don't mean we can't have fun with it ,instead off oh no we're doomed be like me and think gee wonder how i'll survive this....oh you don't have heal powers well you might not find the evil deathtrap as amusing i do then
Registration date : 2014-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Ultragal May 29th 2016, 8:48 pm

Jayne checked her watch.   She had plenty of time before Medicine Woman had to go "on duty".  She rented a "utility apartment" (a small one, but usually includes the most basic needs for the renter.  For example, it has a kitchen to cook food in, but not a fancy one) in a building with four floors.  

She finally settled for apartment #3A.  It had a good view of the stadium, as it was on the third floor.  She noticed that each apartment's front door had the number "3" on it, followed by a letter.
Hers was the first apartment, right next to both an elevator and some stairs.  The empty apartments closest to hers were #3B, #3C, and #3D.   The walls in her apartment seemed a little thin, but she was only renting it until the Native American exhibit would end in three days.

She had bought a few groceries.  She decided to bake cornbread first.  She'd cook more food later.  As the cornbread baked, it smelled so good!  Jayne didn't know that the scrumptious smell was outside her apartment and in the hallway near the elevator and stairs.

Last edited by Ultragal on May 30th 2016, 2:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Unneccessary extra word.)
Ultragal
Ultragal
A Sweet Cinnamon Roll

Quote : "To be good, kind, and fair will always triumph over evil, being ruthless/cruel, and being a tyrant/dictator."

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannie Rose May 29th 2016, 10:08 pm

so Jeannie is wondering about thinking what she wants to see first in her trip when she notices something. sniffing the air she smells something yummy!

Baking? oh yes someone's making bread. fresh baked bread is really good. Maybe there's a bakery nearby? Know having her mind set on finding and eating the source of this yummy smell Jeannie tracks the smell though town arriving at the source of the bread a apartment.

Huh, she goes up the elevator and down the hallway and reaches the door it's coming from. huh, how to get the bread on one hand would it be weird to ask a complete stranger for some of there bread? well, maybe there really nice and we invite her in to try some after they talk about how she smelt there yummy baking.

yeah, that sounds good,she knocks on the door and tries to the drool from her mouth. silly slobbery doggy genes that always happens when she smells yummy food.
Jeannie Rose
Jeannie Rose
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Humor : why so serious ? seriously just cause we have to face life threatening danger on a daily basis don't mean we can't have fun with it ,instead off oh no we're doomed be like me and think gee wonder how i'll survive this....oh you don't have heal powers well you might not find the evil deathtrap as amusing i do then

Back to top Go down

Post by Ultragal May 30th 2016, 2:13 am

As the cornbread finished baking, Jayne heard a knock on the apartment door. Who could it be? No one knew she'd rented the apartment.

Suspicious. she grabbed a kitchen chair (sorry. Forgot to mention the apartment has standard furniture. Jayne made sure the apartment had chairs, a table, a bed, etc, before she rented it. She asked the janitor and the building manager to make sure she at least had "the basics").

It was a cheap and very light wooden chair, but she hoped it was enough to *try* knocking out the as-yet-unknown person at the door. (Jayne wouldn't need strength to do that, as she's not physically strong.) She opened the door just a tiny little bit. She saw a young lady. Her immediate reaction was to ask, in a light Country-Western accent ( her voice both as Jayne and Medicine Woman. She sounds like Loretta Lynn, if you've ever heard of her. If not, you can find out by using Google): "Who are *you*???"
Ultragal
Ultragal
A Sweet Cinnamon Roll

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannie Rose May 30th 2016, 4:09 pm

So the door opens and a lady opens the door. huh not what she expected Jeannie usually associates baking goods with little old ladies,but this was a young lady she guessed was a little older than her.

She was pretty with silky black hair and dark eyes,huh she had a dark completion to must work outside a lot. She reminds her of Pocahontas.Huh, that should be interesting if she gets her to share her snack Jeannie has never tried Native American food. Wonder if it's as good as It smells.

Huh, she has a very distinctive accent,Jeannie wonders if she's here for the museum thingy she saw the add for. She guesses she could live her but her western accent leads her to believe she's from out of town. Oh well, that's irrelevant in her quest for cornbread.

So with her random thoughts out of the way she goes about answering the ladies question. I'm Jeannie,I on a vacation of sorts I came to see the rock and roll hall of fame. she points to her Ramones t-shirt she's wearing. Then I was thinking about checking out the museum thingy I saw a sign they got a special exhibit.

So on to why I'm randomly at your door ,bet you probably care more about that. I smelled a yummy smell and wanted to see what it was I was expecting a bakery but instead, I found you. Are you like a work at home backer or something?

(that's nice of you to share what she sounds like Smile adding extra character depths always nice and more fun to able to put a voice to them when you read what they say. Jeannie sounds like Evanna Lynch she plays luna in the harry potter movies she's my favorite character. Smile https://youtu.be/b2v7qR38bbA I just love her voice it's so sweet and dreamy. perfect for a wacky whimsical character like Jeannie. how'd you pick Jayne's voice?
Jeannie Rose
Jeannie Rose
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ultragal May 30th 2016, 7:51 pm

When Jayne heard the young lady's voice, she opened the apartment door a bit wider.  Seeing how slim the girl was, her suspicion turned to concern.  "Ms. Jeannie, when was the last time you had a hot meal?  Please do come in.  I'll gladly share the cornbread I just baked with you. My name's Jayne Bas Chava.  I'm originally from one of the southwestern states of the USA.

I knew hardly any English. I learned the language by listening to Country-Western music. After I while, I spoke English with the same kind of accent.  I still live in the southwestern USA today...and that's very far from here.  I came for the Native American exhibit because *I'm* a Native American. I'm not a home-baker, but I know how to cook Native American foods. And...everything I cook is 100% natural and organic. Nothing's better than what nature provides."

She put the chair down, opened the door, and let Jeannie inside.  She set the chair by the small kitchen table and gave her a plate with some cornbread on it.  "Please sit down.  I'll make some mint-flavored iced tea.  It goes well with the cornbread."

Last edited by Ultragal on May 30th 2016, 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added some IC details.)
Ultragal
Ultragal
A Sweet Cinnamon Roll

Back to top Go down

Post by Ultragal May 30th 2016, 7:54 pm

((I chose Loretta Lynn's voice because I love her song: "Coal Miner's Daughter". YouTube probably has it. You can listen to it, if you want to.))
Ultragal
Ultragal
A Sweet Cinnamon Roll

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannie Rose May 30th 2016, 10:04 pm

yay mission accomplished Jeannie gets snacks.
She follows Jayne into the apartment listening as she tells Jeannie her story. Huh, it appears her guesses about her new friend. She sounds like an interesting person and is quite friendly.

Jeannie muches away on the cornbread it was as yummy as she hoped. Ice tea? is that a Native American thing miss Jayne? I like tea but never heard of putting ice in it.

yeah, guess it has been awhile since I ate I had breakfast, but that was awhile ago I got lost wondering around here,kinda happens in new places. Then there were all the interesting sights to see I get distracted easily.So I lost track of how long I was wondering around.

So do you work for the museum,or just want to see it? maybe we could go together then. I thought it might be neat to check out and having someone who knows about the stuff to explain it would make it better. organic cooking huh, that's cool it's been awhile since I had a home cooked meal.

I travel a lot for my job so usually end up knowing the fast food places where I end up,sometimes I can find fancy places,but only get homemade stuff when I go home and visit my parents, but there way over in England so it's been awhile. Thank you very much for this lovely treat.

Jeannie plays with the ice cubes amused ,huh iced tea is apparently quite good gust like regular tea but colder huh kinda like that iced coffee she got the other day,she'll never get American's fascination with mixing foods up,but there usually pretty good she guess it's all the different cultures in the USA that mixes all the stuff together.

mummy so yummy for my tummy! Jeannie smiles rubbing her tummy happy to have it full of Jaynes tasty bread.that's an interesting way to learn a language. Never been to the south-west before is it nice? I been to California but that's just west. Always wanted to go to Mexico cause I love tacos.
Jeannie Rose
Jeannie Rose
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ultragal May 31st 2016, 11:46 am

"If you're asking if I work for the Museum of Rock 'N Roll, the answer is that I don't.  I guess I could go there with you, but I must go to Cleveland's stadium first.  The Board of Commerce here gave me permission to speak at the opening ceremony for the Native American exhibit, since I am an American Indian (Native American and American Indian are both the same thing.  Some people just habitually use one term or the other, but not both)."

Jayne checked her watch. It was almost time for the opening ceremony.  "I should be going. You can meet me in the stadium, if you want to.  I can even get you a front seat Smile.  As a matter of fact, if you're there before I am, buy yourself some refreshments. The ceremony is likely to last a couple hours, so that's exactly what I suggest you do. I'll catch up in a little while. Yes, the southwest is pretty nice. I'll tell you all about it later."

Last edited by Ultragal on May 31st 2016, 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added an extra line to the last paragraph of this post.)
Ultragal
Ultragal
A Sweet Cinnamon Roll

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannie Rose May 31st 2016, 4:14 pm

yay front row how neat Smile,I love the food they have at stadiums hotdog,nachos ,big pretzels,maybe some ice cream and cotton candy too! ok, i love sweets, I'll meet you there then. bye bye for know then Jeannie smiles waving goodbye to Jayne and heads to the stadium day dreaming about the snacks she'll be getting soon.

Huh how fun that she bumped into some that work for the exhibit thingy,she might see some cool behind the scenes stuff now,so she gets to the stadium making sure to pay attention so she doesn't get lost this time. luckily she doesn't mistake her Gameboy and GPS this time and finds an actual map of Cleveland more usefully then the Pokemon map she was using earlier.

Jeannie waste not time stocking up on treats,before finding her seat,yup Jayne did good getting a seat with a nice view of the festivitys. she starts munching on her snacks and waits excitedly for her friend to come on. She never been to an opening ceremony for something before should be fun.
Jeannie Rose
Jeannie Rose
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ultragal June 20th 2016, 3:42 pm

It was getting late. Jayne took her great-grandmother's medicine pouch with her. It looked more like a standard fanny pack. Something any female tourist would travel with. Unless someone---or some*thing*---could see or smell the potent herbs, roots, leaves and flowers inside the pack---she hoped she could make it to the stadium undisturbed.

When Jayne arrived at the stadium's main entrance, she showed her special permit from the Dept. of Commerce to the ticket seller. The young guy, probably a teenager, actually stood up straight and opened the gate for Jayne. As she entered the exhibition area, the fellow called out: "Wow! You're a real, live, honest to goodness Injun!" His comment made her angry, but she didn't show it. He *was* just a child after all.

She passed by the front seats. She saw Jeannie and walked over to her. "I'm glad you could make it. Unfortunately, I can't talk now. I have to prepare my speech and presentation. Enjoy the exhibit!" She smiled at the girl while pointing at a teepee (Native American style tent) which was open on three of it's six sides (teepees generally look round), right in front. Despite their obvious age, the various artifacts looked as if a Native American family made them that same day.

"But, Jeannie, please stay in your seat or, if you prefer to walk around, please make sure you walk more than six feet away from the display within. Any closer, and the dais (a kind of very small stage) will first revolve a full 360 degrees and then kind of spin downward 100 yards into the ground . It'll then be sealed shut until after the three days it's supposed to be here...and all that takes only three minutes. I'd hate Cleveland's people to miss a chance to see my people's heritage. No offense, but it's a security measure. I hope you understand."

Jayne waved to Jeannie as she walked into the stadium manager's office. She made sure the door was firmly locked behind her. She unzipped the fanny pack( her costume folds down small enough to fit in the pack. Everything else is hidden in pockets sewn into the doeskin dress that she wears as Medicine Woman) . She took a moment to make sure she was fully prepared...for tonight, after closing time on the first day of the three-day event, Medicine Woman would be on guard.

Ultragal
Ultragal
A Sweet Cinnamon Roll

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannie Rose June 20th 2016, 8:49 pm

Jeannie listens to Jayne explain the security thingy. Right, six feet gotcha.Jeannie smiles and nods her head to show she understands then waves goodbye to Jayne who goes off to office guess she's got something to take care of.

Huh, fancy security for a teepee wonder why it needs to be so protected. Most be some valuable stuff in the exhibit, Jeannie goes about looking at the exhibit.
Jeannie Rose
Jeannie Rose
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ultragal June 22nd 2016, 4:29 pm

When Jeannie walks around the teepee, she'll see that the front of it is wide open. Inside the structure are various items made of silver decorated with gemstones (gemstones aren't jewels like a diamond, for example, and not as valuable.  Their worth comes from beauty. Gemstones have natural colors, patterns, etc.,that not even a diamond can match).  There are also bronze and copper artifacts with beautiful etchings and engravings that look almost 3-D (this type of artistic style is called "bas relief".  You can look up that term in "Google").  Native Americans very rarely made anything from gold, so there wouldn't be any golden items inside the teepee.

The exhibit was artfully arranged. The inside of the teepee looked like a typical American Indian home.  There was lovely wooden furniture and even a life-size AmerInd family.  Of course, they weren't real people, but the effect was...well...comfy-looking. Especially with the gorgeous blankets and sitting-rugs creatively set up to resemble a family room.

After a while the lights started to get dim.  Jayne would be making her speech and presentation in a few minutes.  There's was even soft drum music in the background with a Native American sound to it.

People were starting to fill the seats slowly, but surely...

Last edited by Ultragal on June 22nd 2016, 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added a few words.)
Ultragal
Ultragal
A Sweet Cinnamon Roll

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannie Rose June 22nd 2016, 5:50 pm

So Jeannie looks in amusement at all the things in the exhibit ,the was pretty shiny stones,sculpture things,fancy blankets all kindsa cool stuff.

Well, that explains security Jayne mentioned before,while not an expert on stuff she knows the gem and artwork could be quite valuable. So looking through the exhibit she notices the dummy aw how cute a little family. Jeannie then decides to take a closer look at the dummies making sure they are indeed dummies. When sure of that she comical motions to the dummies she has her eye on them.

While it seemed odd and got laughs from kids that the crazy lady was talking to the dummies and some of the adults wondering if they should tell security an escaped mental patient wandered into the exhibit. Jeannie disappears back into the crowd before she draws too much attention. There was a method to her madness as there usually is.

Since this is important to her new friend she wants nothing bad to happen to it. And since she is quite knowledgeable in security,she decided she might as well be an unofficial guard while she was here.
And checking the dummies to be dummies was because dressing as a dummy and waiting till everyone left to take the treasure and sneak out is totally what she'd do if she was trying to steal it.

So she goes about enjoying the exhibit while secretly checking potential gaps in security. She then notices people taking seats Jaynes speech must be starting soon,She makes a quick trip to the snack bar to stock up on treats before making her way back to her seat,and waits for her friend to take the stage.

Jeannie Rose
Jeannie Rose
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top